• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

its kind of impressive how much hate face hunter still gets even though its not even that viable anymore. not even the best aggro deck anymore.

anytime someones ragging on aggro decks or lauding reno jackson people still go "haha suck it face hunters!"

face hunter really tortured peoples ladder climbs in the past lol

Ooh i turn my face hunter hate into aggro shaman hate long ago.

I did start out the game with eboladin so I don't have too much hate against aggro.

It's also mostly used in Warlock because they have four separate board clears. Most other class can't afford to run one-ofs for their board clears since they either don't have that many or don't have ones that curve up as well as Warlock's.

I had to laugh when that HS game designer said he thought Shaman would be the predominate Reno class. Like, how does he expect them to even survive until they draw Reno with their measly two board clears?

Shaman also has garbage card draw and doesn't have enough decent class minions to only play one of each card. They do have a ton of direct damage spells, but they're mostly just used to burn face and come with Overload. And then they have the worst hero power in the game by a wide margin. What Shaman really needs is a sticky class minion like Imp Gang Boss. Shaman's original design looks to trade cheap minions up with Rockbiter and Flame Tongue and then finish off with burst through Al'Akir and Bloodlust, but they never got anything to actually support this strategy. Paladins, Warlocks, and Druids can all flood the board more effectively and can recover better from board wipes and have more consistent finishers once they have board control.

It's also mostly used in Warlock because they have four separate board clears. Most other class can't afford to run one-ofs for their board clears since they either don't have that many or don't have ones that curve up as well as Warlock's.

I had to laugh when that HS game designer said he thought Shaman would be the predominate Reno class. Like, how does he expect them to even survive until they draw Reno with their measly two board clears?

Because Blizzard still has no idea what's wrong with Shaman, and for some reason, they keep blowing at least one or two Shaman cards per set on relatively worthless Murloc cards... and then give the best two Murloc cards since Classic to Paladin.

Seriously, Shaman is still my favorite class but I just rarely play them these days because it's too disappointing. Truly, I can only think of two viable decks that Shaman have had in the past two years: Mech Shaman (aggro) and Hyper-Aggro Shaman (aggro; what we see on ladder now adays). In Classic, there were some decent Shaman decks thanks to just how insanely good Fire Elemental was and also how much burst a Shaman could do with Al'akir and Leeroy (pre-nerf) combo'd with Windfury and/or Rockbiter, but those days are long gone.

Oh, and Deathrattle Shaman was moderately OK. Never great.

Some weird hate on aggro decks when that's all new players really have access to.

Blame Blizzard for making it hard to grow your collection - this isn't my ideal deck, it's just the most effective deck I can afford for ~1000 dust and one expansion wing.

its kind of impressive how much hate face hunter still gets even though its not even that viable anymore. not even the best aggro deck anymore.

anytime someones ragging on aggro decks or lauding reno jackson people still go "haha suck it face hunters!"

face hunter really tortured peoples ladder climbs in the past lol
I can't beat Face Hunter, Priests, and Reno.

As time passes and the card pool grows Reno will only get stronger.
Yes. It will become too strong.

Dahbomb

There is actually a Reno Shaman. It uses a Jewel Scarab and hopes to get another Lightning Storm LOL!

Deck sucks though. Might as well use Maly Shaman instead.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beginning of month ladder is even worse than I remembered.

Just decked an aggro pally who got soultap from finley and still managed 2 decent divine favors against my renolock despite me barely tapping. Stupid ass card.

Apathy

Because Blizzard still has no idea what's wrong with Shaman, and for some reason, they keep blowing at least one or two Shaman cards per set on relatively worthless Murloc cards... and then give the best two Murloc cards since Classic to Paladin.

Seriously, Shaman is still my favorite class but I just rarely play them these days because it's too disappointing. Truly, I can only think of two viable decks that Shaman have had in the past two years: Mech Shaman (aggro) and Hyper-Aggro Shaman (aggro; what we see on ladder now adays). In Classic, there were some decent Shaman decks thanks to just how insanely good Fire Elemental was and also how much burst a Shaman could do with Al'akir and Leeroy (pre-nerf) combo'd with Windfury and/or Rockbiter, but those days are long gone.

Oh, and Deathrattle Shaman was moderately OK. Never great.

Just like in WoW, Blizzard will never get Shamans right. It's my least favorite class (coming from a person who is new to HS).

I think one of the more interesting things about LoE as someone who cares too much about lore is that the HS team just made shit up. All the legendaries minus Brann aren't WarCraft characters.

Dahbomb

I think one of the more interesting things about LoE as someone who cares too much about lore is that the HS team just made shit up. All the legendaries minus Brann aren't WarCraft characters.
That's bound to happen considering they can pump out cards faster than WW can make content/characters.

Dragner

Reno jackson may be the best designed card in the game. Hating on that is hating the game. The card is just awesome and opened so many deck choices and gave second life to forgotten staples.

TomServo

Beginning of month ladder is even worse than I remembered.

Just decked an aggro pally who got soultap from finley and still managed 2 decent divine favors against my renolock despite me barely tapping. Stupid ass card.

I played against someone running ResidentSleeper warrior at rank 19. Really dude? You're going to climb ladder playing a deck that needs 15 minutes to close a game? Fuck it, I walked away, made coffee, got ready for work, came back and dude is letting me die to fatigue.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Reno. The cards that need to be addressed are MC, Mad Scientist , Piloted Shredder, Force/Roar combo, and Knife Juggler

MC: Lower stats and or a smaller limit on the number of secrets it can pull
Mad Scientist: Lower stats, likely a 1/2, or make it cost 3 mana
Piloted Shredder: Lower stats, 3/3 or 4/2
Force Roar combo: Make force hit minions only and adjust from there
Knife Juggler: Make it so that it only throws a knife when a minion is played, this stops the Muster/Implosion crap

I think Dr. Boom is fine these days, but if they want to lower the boom bot damage (1-3?) that would be ok as well

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Problem with Reno is in the power it offers. It doesn't pull someone back from the brink of death like Healbot, where the game can still be kept in sight. It's a huge swing card that can grant 29 life back if an arbitrary and invisible window is missed. If it was "fine" I don't think Hunters would be where they are right now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Mad Scientist needs a fundamental redesign or banned. It has clear variable power based on what class is put in. If you made it 3 mana you basically turn it into a Mage card and don't address the fundamental problem. Make it a 1/2 or 1/1 battlecry that discovers a secret from ANY class or something. You could actually balance that and even introduce more expensive secrets in other classes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't see why it isn't a 1/1. Novice Engineer was nowhere near as good as him and she got the nerf bat. Same could be said for Knife Juggler as well.

Blizzard made him intentionally overpowered because they like secrets.

Haunted

So you're telling me I just hit the jackpot getting a golden Ball of Spiders as an end of season reward.

The only downside is now I have to use Ball of Spiders.

Tarazet

Some weird hate on aggro decks when that's all new players really have access to.

I do find it odd that all of the great aggro cards are cheap. They even nerfed Leeroy Jenkins, which was the one card an aggro player would aspire to, and Black Knight was made obsolete when they introduced Sludge Belcher, so actually the aggro decks are cheaper now than ever.

Premiere aggro deck seems to be aggro shaman right now which requires LoE and two Doomhammers, so not as cheap as they used to be.

Starting to see Eboladin come back, thought people played secret pally instead because it was more busted. Maybe people finally looked at seal of champions and realized its actually pretty nuts

Zemm

A simple fix to the paladin class would be to just let us ban 1 class from matchmaking. How is something that simple not implemented? Fucking hell.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How would Shaman even use Reno in an effective way? I'm sure everyone looked at that card and thought Warlock, Mage and Warrior.

And i just made a Reno Shaman deck
The Dream is dead before even starting :(

After playing WoW for eight years and dabbling very slightly into PvP, both Battlegrounds and Arena, it feels like Blizzard is very against any type of restrictions. Sure it's a different team and different game but it just doesn't feel like how they would want to handle things.

Granted, it's interesting to think about how this as a possibility would turn out. With the exclusion of having to deal with a single class, wouldn't people just be able to refine their their decks even more to a more powerful degree?

Acerac

Banned

Blame Blizzard for making it hard to grow your collection - this isn't my ideal deck, it's just the most effective deck I can afford for ~1000 dust and one expansion wing.

People get frustrated if they get rushed down before they feel that their decks never had the chance to get going. It makes sense in a way, they get to play only their cheapest cards but there is a lack of interaction between players.

Alternatively, if you play control and negate big targets people also get upset. Doubly so if you're a priest and "steal" their cards. If people get to drop their bombs and they do nothing, it's only natural to get flustered.

Worst of all is if you play mid-range decks. Druid and Secret Paladin transition come out of early game incredibly strong and never let up, they're dropping bombs turn after turn before you've even set up. Whether you die to force/roar or the trio of Dr. 6, 7, and 8, it's impossible to stop these plays in an efficient manner. Once they're set up you might as well just forfeit.

Hearthstone was a mistake. It is nothing but trash.

Wow, fucking bullshit, So i just found out silence takes away freeze, wtf is that shit, how does that make sense. Wow fuck this game

Personally I think it's worse that attacking a water elemental freezes you for 2 turns.

Apathy

This game loves to troll. Oh hey, you needed this one card to save you last game, well here are two copies of it on the initial draw for the next game, Oh, You trying to mulligan them out, here, let me put back at least 1 more of them on the retry.

Every single time

Wow, fucking bullshit, So i just found out silence takes away freeze, wtf is that shit, how does that make sense. Wow fuck this game

Apathy

silence removes all effects and card text, it makes sense.

I'm not talking about taking away card text, I knew that. I had silenced a sylvanas and then used a frostbolt to stop her from raming my face till I could deal with her the next turn. His turn comes up, silences off the frozen effect on his sylvanas and then comes and smack me in the face with it.

I'm fine if it took the card text off something liek I knew it did, but that it could do what I just described is beyond crazy

FoxSpirit

This game loves to troll. Oh hey, you needed this one card to save you last game, well here are two copies of it on the initial draw for the next game, Oh, You trying to mulligan them out, here, let me put back at least 1 more of them on the retry.

Every single time

Thta is selection bias at it's finest. The RNG at time completely screws you over but it can also completely save your ass. The screwups are just more aparent to you because they make you angry.

rando14

Wait, Silence takes away freeze?!

You mean I play an Owl... and versus a freeze mage... and he doesn't have ice block, and I have lethal...

4hUc3GB.gif

Top Bottom