• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Wait, Silence takes away freeze?!

You mean I play an Owl... and versus a freeze mage... and he doesn't have ice block, and I have lethal...

4hUc3GB.gif

It's okay I've done this so many times as Paladin where I have lethal and Owl in hand but I have max minions so I can't play Owl to silence one of my frozen minions and kill his ass.

DEEEERP.

Welcome! Glad you are having fun :)

Both Mech and Tempo Mage are relatively cheap Mage decks that can get you some wins on ladder. You can win games without Boom or Antonidas, but they help provide additional win conditions if/when you can afford them. However, tempo requires blackrock mountain, and also works well with Ethereal Conjurer. *ALL* Mage decks are going to require Naxx for Mad Scientist.

So far there has been no news about discounted adventures. The only blizzard discounts were the pre sale and Winter Veil events. Your best bet to save a little cash is if have access to the Amazon android store (either through a device or emulation), you can make your purchases with Amazon coins and usually purchase them at a discount.

Hey, it was few pages back but really appreciate the response.

I'm not sure about commiting to a mage deck. It's just find that class so damn accessible. Anyway I think I'll suck it up and buy Naxx. It will be a while before I drop cash on another expansion but I hit my 100th win today and got a nice amount of gold. If I give arena a rest and do a few more dailies I'll be able to buy a wing. What's the verdict between the first wing of Blackrock or LoE? Thanks!

Apathy

I'm not sure about commiting to a mage deck. It's just find that class so damn accessible. Anyway I think I'll suck it up and buy Naxx. It will be a while before I drop cash on another expansion but I hit my 100th win today and got a nice amount of gold. If I give arena a rest and do a few more dailies I'll be able to buy a wing. What's the verdict between the first wing of Blackrock or LoE? Thanks!

I've been seeing a ton of mech mage tonight, it's good if you can get the right low mana cost cards and just go face.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wait, Silence takes away freeze?!

You mean I play an Owl... and versus a freeze mage... and he doesn't have ice block, and I have lethal...

4hUc3GB.gif

You can also silence Ragnaros to make him attack face for lethal if you need to.

Fireblend

Banned
Damn, I broke away from the Warlock curse and finally moved on from rank 18, but not before one of the most intense games I've had against this crazy golden warrior.

Started with a near-perfect draw: double scientist, water elemental, sorcerer's apprentice... and managed to activate a duplicate with my Water Elemental just in time for the Warrior to unleash a maddening sequence of legendaries one after another: Justicar, Chillmaw, Alex, Grommash, Nefarian (???)... I grabbed a polymorph from my Conjurer and managed to use my duplicated elementals to contain the damage... all while waiting for my flamewakers to show up. One eventually did and I consistently managed to at least maintain a Water Elemental on the board at all times.

Eventually for some reason the Warrior got super greedy and used an Echo of Medivh he'd grabbed from Nefarian while at 8 health (he wanted another Grommash), and was left with 1 mana and unable to use his super hero power... right before I drew my final Fireball (though I also had a Roaring Torch somewhere in the deck). The MVP water eli struck the last hit.

Intense, I tell you.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't understand how avenge is balanced, paladwin secrets might be ok if they cost 2 mana and mc wasn't a thing I guess?

Most secrets are undercosted effects seen on other expensive cards due to the opponent triggering it.

In a way avenge is like a 3/2 minion for 1, but you need more than one minion on the board for it to do anything. Avenge was always the best Pally secret but wasn't really worth actually being slotted into a deck before MC.

Explosive trap is a 2 mana consecrate the opponent triggers, freeze is an untargeted sap, etc.

Mage ones get pretty crazy though.

I'm either becoming a worse player or rank 20 is fierce, I'm leaning towards both. I have a feeling my deck isn't optimal but it might just be me, I need more experience with it as I don't think I'm making the best plays.

Papercuts

I'm either becoming a worse player or rank 20 is fierce, I'm leaning towards both. I have a feeling my deck isn't optimal but it might just be me, I need more experience with it as I don't think I'm making the best plays.

Any newer player is gonna get blown out right now, I wouldn't worry about it. I used to not play the first week or two because everyone who was legend/rank 1-10 are down with you now, so it's especially cutthroat at the month start.

Apathy

Any newer player is gonna get blown out right now, I wouldn't worry about it. I used to not play the first week or two because everyone who was legend/rank 1-10 are down with you now, so it's especially cutthroat at the month start.

I dont see how anyone could even think thats good design.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hear me out what if decks were 28/30. Then you got 30 seconds to add in your last two cards before the match started after you saw your hero matchup?

Yeah that's what I figured, kind of a bummer that it's better to just not play ranked in the first week or so.

Fireblend

Banned

Don't we get stars after every season that bumps us up into the ladder so we skip the first ~5 ranks or so? The newest players will still have a good ~5 ranks to go through before encountering people that ranked below 15 on the previous month.

Papercuts

It isn't, ladder is a giant fuckfest. Doesn't help that it inherently benefits aggro.

Don't we get stars after every season that bumps us up into the ladder so we skip the first ~5 ranks or so? The newest players will still have a good ~5 ranks to go through before encountering people that ranked below 15 on the previous month.

I hit rank 5 and it put me at 17. When you're butting heads with those type of players and derank it won't take that much to actually hit the newer people. Plus some people intentionally conceded to farm gold portraits.

That might work and relieve some of the frustration in dead tech cards.

OTOH the tech cards are kinda OP in relevant matchups. Kezan and Harrison can pretty much decide games and would be instant includes like that.

I was rank 12 and I got put in rank 20 in the new season, still facing against stronger decks and players than I was at rank 12.

Like I'm watching Kripp get rekt at rank 19 now.

Dahbomb

How convenient that Kripp plays ladder at the start of Season as opposed to the end of Season (when people are in maximum try hard mode).

Fireblend

Banned
Finally got to rank 15, but I'll make a pause here. Let's see if I can get to 10 this month. I feel like I play a lot worse on my cellphone than one I'm at my PC so I'll try to stick with that.

Ridli

You aren't wrong about mage basic deck being strong. This is due mostly to the spells. Without spending anything else you get access to Arcane Missiles, Frostbolt, AI, Fireball, and Flamestrike. But to be honest when you are starting out there's a good chance you might luck into a couple of important epics/rares that might steer you into a different class. That's totally normal.

Your choice of wings are gonna depend dramatically on what class you are pushing. Emperor and Reno are both great legendaries but one really isn't objectively better than the other. The only thing I could say with certainty is that if you play warlock, LOE first wing is incredible value due to the dark peddler/reno combo.

Just lost as Druid to a Renoadin.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT!

Mother fucker top deck a belch, then a lay on hands.

GOD DAMMIT. One off lethal so many times then finally get board.. oh here comes Reno.

FML

Next game... Aggro Warrior. Okay... first of the month shenanigans. Welp aggro Warrior doesn't work against innervate!

Apathy

played around 2 MC, total of 10 secrets, tirion, and what is the thing that does me in, oh he had a rag at the end. Totally amazing blizzard. Seems the WoW balance team has their hands in Hearthstone too.

You don't even have to be good at this game if you run secret paladin.

Zoggy

How convenient that Kripp plays ladder at the start of Season as opposed to the end of Season (when people are in maximum try hard mode).

in my experience ladder is even harder at the beginning. thats when all the legend players are back and climbing again.

at the end its all us scrubs beating up on each other.

Dahbomb

in my experience ladder is even harder at the beginning. thats when all the legend players are back and climbing again.

at the end its all us scrubs beating up on each other.
Start of ladder is hard if you take ladder seriously and if you finished at a high rank the previous season... if you start off at like rank 19 it's still going to be easy.

I find start of season way harder and thats usually when I play. End of season you can auto pilot your way to at least 5. Start of season it's a struggle. I'm always really impress by the guys and gals that can get legend within the first 72 hours. Shiiit that's insane. Fastest I've done was like rank 5 by day 3 and that was a lot of fucking RNG luck.

Right now day 2 and sitting at 14. Everyone is a meta deck and for most part playing decent. Maybe misplays here and there but nothing glaringly obvious. Plus everyone is a golden portrait.

Zoggy

i find myself spending more shield slams and executes on stuff like knife jugglers and buffed up 1/1s.

its pathetic

Sande

Light bomb, preparation and shield slam as epic cards is bullshit. Sure, they have some "advanced" aspects to them but they're just far too crucial imo.

Top Bottom