• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

Who does Archon even have left who's notable?

Orange is doing well recently, zalae is their other tournament player but he doesn't have a good record. I think that's it right now, they need players. Everyone els on their 'team' is a streamer, not a competitive player. I guess Amaz himself plays in tournaments too. They hired that kid, amnesia too, he sure has a big mouth but no competitive experience.

Lyng

in my experience ladder is even harder at the beginning. thats when all the legend players are back and climbing again.

at the end its all us scrubs beating up on each other.

On EU start of ladder is more relaxed, at the end of the season everyone plays tryhard decks, even at rank 20

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Light bomb, preparation and shield slam as epic cards is bullshit. Sure, they have some "advanced" aspects to them but they're just far too crucial imo.

Warrior having shield slam AND brawl as epics have always made it really daunting to actually be able to play before Patron was a thing. Druid can be epic heavy as well.

I always felt this was a big reason why newer players gravitate towards Mage/Warlock. They both have epics that don't get shoved into any deck and solid enough basic cards.

Hunter shame-conceded after playing hunter's mark > knife juggler > owl on my tomb pillager, ha. In other news, MalyRogue sucks, i don't see how it's tier 2.

Sande

Warrior having shield slam AND brawl as epics have always made it really daunting to actually be able to play before Patron was a thing. Druid can be epic heavy as well.

I always felt this was a big reason why newer players gravitate towards Mage/Warlock. They both have epics that don't get shoved into any deck and solid enough basic cards.
Oh right, brawl is even worse. It's the default board clear for warrior.

Dragner

Next ATLC will be interesting, whos gonna bring archon? Zalae Orange and...Mira (xD)? Thats a sad team. I suppose Amaz could compete but that would be difficult if he is organizing?

Also interesting where is going to play Forsen. Maybe with Kibler and Trump?.

FeD.nL

So today I learned that the possible next POTUS is being decided literally by coin flips. Should just have them play HS and watch the boom bots hit face for lethal, way more entertaining.

So today I learned that the possible next POTUS is being decided literally by coin flips. Should just have them play HS and watch the boom bots hit face for lethal, way more entertaining.

Trump the kind of guy who gets Doomsayer out of Piloted Shredder right when he needs it and then spams greetings.

gutshot

Wonder if tomorrow's maintenance is going to drop anything new from Blizzard? Or at least start getting things ready for some QoL adjustments.

I doubt they will patch anything in today, but they will have to get something out soon if they want to get it in before the next expansion. The expansion will likely drop sometime next month and they usually like to have about a one month build-up for card teases and such. So yeah, I expect we should hear/see something about the next patch within a week or so. And then shortly after that, they'll start teasing the next expansion.

Zoggy

Trump the kind of guy who gets Doomsayer out of Piloted Shredder right when he needs it and then spams greetings.

CaNIPKpWQAEDMyM.jpg

fertygo

Wasting 300 dust to craft Wyrm and Knife Juggler brehs..

Its will be long time before I get my hand on Legendary that worth shit

Fireblend

Banned
Saviug with hard ways with avoiding arena or learn to git gud at arena?

Or there's 3rd option I guess, spending real $$

>_>

If you're consistent about it and do proper quest management you can get to 700 gold fairly quick. Mulligan 40-gold quests, farm the tavern brawls, etc. And you can get to 700 gold in 10 days or maybe less.

I've never had much luck with Arena, maybe watch some streamers in preparation and then give it a shot? Adventures should be cheaper (specially the oldest ones. heck, Blizzard should give Naxx away to new players IMO) but they're not unreachable for F2Pers either. I got Naxx all from gold.

If you're consistent about it and do proper quest management you can get to 700 gold fairly quick. Mulligan 40-gold quests, farm the tavern brawls, etc. And you can get to 700 gold in 10 days or maybe less.

I've never had much luck with Arena, maybe watch some streamers in preparation and then give it a shot? Adventures should be cheaper (specially the oldest ones. heck, Blizzard should give Naxx away to new players IMO) but they're not unreachable for F2Pers either. I got Naxx all from gold.
The last two weeks I made an effort in just retaining gld to see how much I could earn. Within 14 days I earned over 1,000. It was a nice distraction from ladder tbh.

Is it just me or has the shit talking in this game increased a lot lately? I feel like after every match now I'm getting a friend request.

Pooya

Is it just me or has the shit talking in this game increased a lot lately? I feel like after every match now I'm getting a friend request.

Depends on the deck you're playing. By playing like any kind of paladin, you open yourself to abuse unfortunately.

The higher you get on ladder, people get less salty in my experience . No one has time for roping and stuff there.

You lost dude, why are you wasting your time now. Dumpster ranks are really a bad experience to me every season, people take things personally, they don't know when to concede, they rope etc.

Depends on the deck you're playing. By playing like any kind of paladin, you open yourself to abuse unfortunately.

The higher you get on ladder, people get less salty in my experience . No one has time for roping and stuff there.

You lost dude, why are you wasting your time now. Dumpster ranks are really a bad experience to me every season, people take things personally, they don't know when to concede, they rope etc.

It feels like no matter what deck I play I'm getting someone trying to be my friend so that they can tell me to suck a dick or kill myself.

Fireblend

Banned

That literally has never happened to me, even when I get crazy RNG. Maybe people don't resent mages that much? Sometimes I finish a game I thought was fun or against someone with an interesting deck and I feel like contacting them after the fact but I always desist because I'm afraid it will be seen as a hostile thing :(

Zemm

Someone added me today after I beat his reno lock with a priest. I mean a fucking priest beating a reno lock and he's talking shit to me?

Xanathus

I guess the big question is whether or not "Standard" will be a ranked ladder and how Blizzcon points are awarded on that ladder. It's gonna be annoying having to rank on 2 separate ladders to get the maximum ranked rewards every month.
edit: huh... Basic and Classic cards will always be available in Standard

Dragner

FUCKING YES!!!!

Good bye naxx and gvg, we will welcome our standard overlords. FU secret paladin (yeah it will be playable but way less powerfull losing all his early drops).

Also they mention about a mayor rebalance to basic and classic sets, I dont know what that mean.

I guess the big question is whether or not "Standard" will be a ranked ladder and how Blizzcon points are awarded on that ladder. It's gonna be annoying having to rank on 2 separate ladders to get the maximum ranked rewards every month.
edit: huh... Basic and Classic cards will always be available in Standard

They say it in the article, there will be 2 ladders one for wild (legacy) and another for standard. Each will awar Blizzcon points I suppose.

Raytow

FUCKING YES!!!!

Good bye naxx and gvg, we will welcome our standard overlords. FU secret paladin (yeah it will be playable but way less powerfull losing all his early drops).

Also they mention about a mayor rebalance to basic and classic sets, I dont know what that mean.

Secretdin is not going anywhere, will probably haunt wild now instead of standard.
Hmm wonder if standard now fucks the usual suspects like brokeback druid and freeze mage?

Owzers

so....basically i should have hoarded my dust like originally planned instead of crafting stuff? I just crafted Malganis :/

Xanathus

At a glance, Combo Druid is gonna dominate Standard without Naxx and GVG. Mages and Hunters are pretty effed without Mad Scientist.

No Zombie Chow is a concern. At least without Sludge Belcher maybe you actually see stuff like Fen Creeper? Or at he very least I guess Sen'jin would make a return.

It's gonna be annoying having to rank on 2 separate ladders to get the maximum ranked rewards every month.

I have a feeling that Wild might go the way of Casual, unless if they also overhaul how ranking works.

Edit: Just read about the post. It is two separate ranks but you only get rewards for your highest.

bjaelke

Can I still craft or disenchant cards that aren’t part of Standard format?
Yes, you can craft or disenchant all of these cards—including cards from Adventures which previously could not be disenchanted or crafted—for their normal Arcane Dust value. This excludes Basic cards, which can never be crafted or disenchanted.

Note that you can also craft and disenchant cards from Standard format Adventures, as long as you’ve already earned them by completing the necessary challenges.
We're gonna be rich!

Dragner

Also freeze mage doesnt give a fuck, the deck uses basically only classic and basic cards. They lose healbot but thats not the end of the world.

Yeah and Druid will be probably broken, maybe thats the rebalance of basic and classic they talk about. They will probably nerf force/savage roar combo. And thats ok standard should about new ways to play (Im kind of sad that classic dont rotate out tbh).

ViviOggi

Fucking finally. We'll have to see how it pans out in practice but it's a massive step in the right direction. Legit surprised they're not charging for deck slots tbh

Another megaton:
Time for Reflection

The arrival of Standard format will also be an excellent time for us to take stock of Hearthstone. While normally we’re quite conservative about making balance changes to Hearthstone cards (and we’ll continue to be in the future), we’re planning to take the new Hearthstone year as a golden opportunity to re-evaluate a number of cards in the Basic and Classic card sets, including class cards, and make some long-considered adjustments

Raytow

Also freeze mage doesnt give a fuck, the deck uses basically only classic and basic cards. They lose healbot but thats not the end of the world.

Yeah and Druid will be probably broken, maybe thats the rebalance of basic and classic they talk about. They will probably nerf force/savage roar combo. And thats ok standard should about new ways to play (Im kind of sad that classic dont rotate out tbh).

They lose mad scientist, that's pretty big.

Xanathus

I was thinking about Freeze Mage but it's still hit hard without Mad Scientist. It also depends on the meta and what balance changes happen. Control Warrior might be good after the changes for all we know.

Top Bottom