• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

murloc malygos freeze mage looks like a bad idea in a zoo fest tournament.

It should be favored against a typical freeze mage though.

When your line up is zoo and mid range paladin, you don't ban warrior btw.

Pooya

oh hey strifecro and tides are playing off stream guys! Now look for next match on stream, random guy 1 vs random guy 2.

It looks like their programming is just going to prioritize these again, well, I guess there are some merits to it and Blizzard doesn't care about viewer count here but the goal is to just bring new faces to the front and in casting too. Boring for viewers though, there is no excitement watching this, it's just awful, play ladder yourself instead.

Portugeezer

MSgZL.gif

oh hey strifecro and tides are playing off stream guys! Now look for next match on stream, random guy 1 vs random guy 2.

It looks like their programming is just going to prioritize these again, well, I guess there are some merits to it and Blizzard doesn't care about viewer count here but the goal is to just bring new faces to the front and in casting too. Boring for viewers though, there is no excitement watching this, it's just awful, play ladder yourself instead.

I don't mind watching new people. They often bring their own touches on established decks, making them just as interesting to watch.

Zemm

they aren't though, last week they were just playing the same netdecks we've seen a million times. I'm not watching this week because last week was so bad, not going through that again.

manhack

Getting a dream curve vs. a Secret Paladin dream hand is the best. While Rogue isn't top of the meta it really has all the answers sometimes.

Tacitus_

they aren't though, last week they were just playing the same netdecks we've seen a million times. I'm not watching this week because last week was so bad, not going through that again.

What's the difference between meta decks and netdecks at this point.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
In arena as Warlock. Facing down a 5/4 Gurubashi Berserker and an 8/8 Frost Giant. 0 cards in hand. Topdeck Dark Bargain.

=)

I got a Shadowflame. :-D

In arena as Warlock. Facing down a 5/4 Gurubashi Berserker and an 8/8 Frost Giant. 0 cards in hand. Topdeck Dark Bargain.

=)
Must feel good!

On that note, I had an enraging moment. I had this Priest at 1 health with a near-full board. Everything on that board is healthy enough to survive anything. I got him no matter what. He uses Steal Thoughts. Fireball. GG. -_-

Apathy

I'll definitely be able to get 20 or more packs when the new expansion hits. I'm not even capping my daily gold, just from lucky quests

Pooya

Frozen 4/1 plays keeper on it to deny ping... instead of his 1/1 recruit...

4/1 3/3 or 3/3 1/1.

With plays like this you can get this far. lol.

Apathy

People always say "oh confirmation bias herp derp", but fuck that bullshit, every time I need a card and I don't get it, it instantly pops up in my next starting hand.

Pooya

1456017879-capture.png

first day's stats. druid :bow

how long before face shaman goes out, poor performance here, poor performance in EU too. Sure, it's great for ladder grind but in tournament it's horrible.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Then you get a 2/1 for 1 mana, which isn't bad for your first drop. If I could change Flame Imp to be a 2/1 that becomes a 3/2 if I have a Demon in my hand when I play him, I would absolutely do that over taking 3 damage.

I wouldn't. That would probably get the card ejected from anything but demon zoo, which isn't even that great right now.

Owzers

i have to learn how to beat shamans as a druid. Of course my last game they got double rockbiter with doomhammer...

I'll definitely be able to get 20 or more packs when the new expansion hits. I'm not even capping my daily gold, just from lucky quests

1330 gold, must not give in.

manhack

Druid with 68% winrate after that many games. wow. Paladin sub 50% winrate as expected since I imagine a lot of the field is playing anti-paladin focused decks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dragon Priest is the most fair deck in the game that is still good/playable. The Ryu deck of Hearthstone.

No Deathrattle minions that summon another minion, no Divine Shield minions, no huge burst from hand, no over powered heal/stall mechanic, no token generation that combos with Knife Juggler, no cheat tempo play etc. Just clean, effecient bodies.

I guess Entomb is the most OP thing about the deck but that's not really a requirement, it's just that Entomb is too good not to include in every Priest deck.

Dragon Priest's Minions are mostly overstated, you are just biased.

Dahbomb

Dragon Priest's Minions are mostly overstated, you are just biased.
How am I wrong in this?

Class minions are all over stated by 1 or have some godlike ability.

Compare Void Walker to Twilight Welp.

Void Walker = Demon tag, 4 stats for 1 mana plus Taunt (which is worth one stat). So Void Walker delivers 5 stats for 1 mana plus has the Demon tag.

Twilight Welp = Dragon tag, 5 stats for 1 mana only when you are holding a dragon otherwise below par for a 1 drop.

Stuff like Twilight Guardian and Blackwing Corruptor/Technician are available to all classes. Technician is just a Tinkertown Technician for Dragon's.

I hate to be this guy, but I went from being around rank 12-13 with my fun decks, to jumping to around 7 with secret pally. That deck is kind of overpowered

Acerac

Banned
I hate to be this guy, but I went from being around rank 12-13 with my fun decks, to jumping to around 7 with secret pally. That deck is kind of overpowered

My boyfriend hasn't played the game in a year. I crafted him what he needed for a secret paly deck and the next day he was rank 9.

Apathy

My boyfriend hasn't played the game in a year. I crafted him what he needed for a secret paly deck and the next day he was rank 9.

It's an autopilot deck. As long as you can count up from 1 to 7 you can rank up easily.

Just played the weirdest warrior. Only taunt minions and spells. It was annoying but i stalled him out enough for him to run out of steam and just give up (that and my chromaggus stayed up for 2 draws so I had answers)

Tarazet

Man fuck that floating watcher. Never see that card on streams but it's pretty much my bane at rank 15-20. Double nerubian egg + power overwhelming into that crap hit me a game back, I was happy to look it up afterwards and see that it's a GnG card and on it's way out.

Edit: Wait a minute, wrong name. Void Terror, and it's classic fuuuu

At least eggs are on the way out.

They'll switch to Dragon Egg until those get phased out. And they only cost 1 mana!

Tarazet

Getting a dream curve vs. a Secret Paladin dream hand is the best. While Rogue isn't top of the meta it really has all the answers sometimes.

I used to be good at Rogue, finally gave in and crafted Van Cleef this month and I'm apparently complete garbage at it now. Amazing against Zoo and non-Dragon Priest, but aggro just rolls the fuck over you.

Xanathus

I used to be good at Rogue, finally gave in and crafted Van Cleef this month and I'm apparently complete garbage at it now. Amazing against Zoo and non-Dragon Priest, but aggro just rolls the fuck over you.

The thing about Rogue is that it looks OP when you get the right card combos and win games but play it enough and you realize it's fucking inconsistent as hell. It's almost as bad as Control Priest because just like Priest a lot of the cards are situational or require to be used together with another card.

Tarazet

The thing about Rogue is that it looks OP when you get the right card combos and win games but play it enough and you realize it's fucking inconsistent as hell. It's almost as bad as Control Priest because just like Priest a lot of the cards are situational or require to be used together with another card.

I think in some ways it's worse than Control Priest. You have to count your cards like your life depended on it, because you'll often be asked to make a subpar play that makes the best of that turn, but has a good possibility of screwing up your next two turns. I agonize over whether to wait a turn for all the pieces to fall into place... but you risk letting the opponent's board go unchecked so that you can no longer deal with it using your gimpy board clears, or you get put into lethal range.

Xanathus

I think in some ways it's worse than Control Priest. You have to count your cards like your life depended on it, because you'll often be asked to make a subpar play that makes the best of that turn, but has a good possibility of screwing up your next two turns. I agonize over whether to wait a turn for all the pieces to fall into place... but you risk letting the opponent's board go unchecked so that you can no longer deal with it using your gimpy board clears, or you get put into lethal range.

The reason I said Control Priest is worse is that at least with Rogue you can use some of the cards to cycle for draw even if they don't do anything else. However with Priest a lot of the cards are literally unplayable if you have no targets for it.

Tarazet

The reason I said Control Priest is worse is that at least with Rogue you can use some of the cards to cycle for draw even if they don't do anything else. However with Priest a lot of the cards are literally unplayable if you have no targets for it.

Oil definitely does get into that situation though. Say Prep and Backstab against a Patron Warrior.

Top Bottom