• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

FeD.nL

Many thanks, I assume the aim is to get cards that are in the greatest / great section?

Are you in a hurry to get cards? If not I would suggest hanging on to your gold since we're now 2 weeks away from the expected announcement of the new set.

And at the moment we really don't know where the classic set is going to fall in terms of power level compared to the new set.

danowat

Banned
Are you in a hurry to get cards? If not I would suggest hanging on to your gold since we're now 2 weeks away from the expected announcement of the new set.

And at the moment we really don't know where the classic set is going to fall in terms of power level compared to the new set.

Well, I am pretty much still rolling with the basic cards and a handfull of other cards from packs, so I am pretty weak in the card departmant, I don't have much trouble winning games in casual using just base cards, but I can't get passed level 18 in ranked.

Dragner

At this point Im basically "infinite" in hearthstone.12k gold and 5k dust means I wont need buy any pack from the new set and can start building gold for the next one. And since I dust also any tavern brawl pack I will increase my dust over that even if I miss any staple legend on my packs and have to craft it.

This is not 100% true since I still buy adventures with money but just because its good value, I could have done it woth gold but I want me a free cardback and its money price is negative value compared to packs.

FeD.nL

Well, I am pretty much still rolling with the basic cards and a handfull of other cards from packs, so I am pretty weak in the card departmant, I don't have much trouble winning games in casual using just base cards, but I can't get passed level 18 in ranked.

Ah that can kinda suck, but still personally I really cannot recommend buying packs right now unless you absolutely want to. With the balance changes, introduction of standard and the new set there are simply a lot of unknowns in terms of where cards are going to fall on the power level scale.

danowat

Banned
Ah that can kinda suck, but still personally I really cannot recommend buying packs right now unless you absolutely want to. With the balance changes, introduction of standard and the new set there are simply a lot of unknowns in terms of where cards are going to fall on the power level scale.

I'll just try and stockpile gold until the changes come in then!

fertygo

Its not like you can choose the card, you get random thing tho.. possibility you get nerfed card now and then is the same.

FeD.nL

Its not like you can choose the card, you get random thing tho.. possibility you get nerfed card now and then is the same.

It's not based solely on the incoming nerfs but also on where the classic set is going to fall. My personal expectations are that the classic set is going to be the set where you can fall back on but is not going to have deck defining cards any more (Giants for Handlock etc.). I think that the new set is going to be more powerful than the sets before it and set the tone for the coming standard season. Thus buying the new set and using the duplicate dust to craft cards from classic has more value than the other way around.

Of course this is pure speculation but I really cannot see the new set staying on the same power level as the classic set.

Portugeezer

Man, I love using Flare vs Freeze Mage. They think they can just sit back behind Ice Block and get me into lethal range...

"my apologies" "my apologies" "well played" *Flare*

Feels good man.

Xanathus

Went back to playing some more Murloc Pally, and again I'm winning with the Paladin cards rather than the Murloc cards :/ Also I'm not sure why the current netdecks for Murloc Pally don't use Deathlord, it synergizes so well with Equality + Consec/Pyro + Solemn Vigil.

I'd like to play the garrison brave archer combo in face hunter but doesnt seem worth it
Something like that would be better if used as a combo. The minion health is to low but their cost is also low enough to pull it off.

You could play both Brave Hunters, a Commander, and Hero Power twice for an eight Mana, 12 damage combo. You could also fit in two more Arcane Shots technically. Main issue with doing that though is there isn't a real good way for Hunters to draw cards along with good ways to keep themselves alive while also being able to play out your whole hand to finish off your oopponent.

I might try it though, might be able to pull it off a few times.

Fireblend

Banned
Is there some sort of etiquette, or code, with the emote responses?, I see a lot of people who say sorry when I hit them, and I don't understand why.

Nah, I just use em when it feels appropriate. Mostly I only greet back when they greet me at the beginning of the game, and emote well played at the end of every game. I find very little use for the rest.

Man, I'm so starved for news. They teased the new stuff so early it feels like they're just sitting on it and that's torture :p can't wait to get some more solid info on the nerfs and the release dates for Standard and the new expansion.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why has the weird ass Athene stream been allowed to stay up so long? I have never seen them actually PLAY a damn game, it's constantly on spectate.

Is there some sort of etiquette, or code, with the emote responses?, I see a lot of people who say sorry when I hit them, and I don't understand why.

Yes, the code is to master the frame perfect timing of clicking their portrait and hitting squelch right after the mulligan ends.

Apathy

Why has the weird ass Athene stream been allowed to stay up so long? I have never seen them actually PLAY a damn game, it's constantly on spectate.

Yes, the code is to master the frame perfect timing of clicking their portrait and hitting squelch right after the mulligan ends.

It's no different than him hosting someone else or him not even being there and just leaving his camera on and sleeping. I guess only difference is he's making the money by not hosting someone else

Magnus

Wait, where's info suggesting an announcement in 2 weeks?

ViviOggi

Maybe the emotes wouldn't be as bad if they hadn't recorded every hero in the most shit eating voice possible.
This is what I keep saying. On one hand people would construe even the friendliest possible plain text as bm, on the other it's absurd how outrageously smug every damn piece of VA is in this game. Sure it's the shitty Warcraft universe where everyone is grim and/or arrogant af but you can tell from the alternate heroes that Blizz realized just how ridiculous their old VA was. Even the Hunter one sounds like a reasonable human being.

Xanathus

This is what I keep saying. On one hand people would construe even the friendliest possible plain text as bm, on the other it's absurd how outrageously smug every damn piece of VA is in this game. Sure it's the shitty Warcraft universe where everyone is grim and/or arrogant af but you can tell from the alternate heroes that Blizz realized just how ridiculous their old VA was. Even the Hunter one sounds like a reasonable human being.

They should just embrace the BM and start selling asshole streamer hero skins Kappa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax6-nL52FiM

For a new player, whats the best card packs to buy?

I know that cards from the GvG packs won't be able to be used in the new standard game, but is it best to buy packs from Classic or TGT?
TGT is generally weak. I find that it's better to buy Classic, and then craft the one or two cards your deck might need from TGT right now.

Is there a list of staple cards from the classic set anywhere?
It's more about what your deck needs. I've taken to keeping everything I get because we don't know how cards will change with balance alterations.

At this point Im basically "infinite" in hearthstone.12k gold and 5k dust means I wont need buy any pack from the new set and can start building gold for the next one. And since I dust also any tavern brawl pack I will increase my dust over that even if I miss any staple legend on my packs and have to craft it.

This is not 100% true since I still buy adventures with money but just because its good value, I could have done it woth gold but I want me a free cardback and its money price is negative value compared to packs.
Why would you spend money on adventures when you have 12k gold?

I think it's worthwhile to buy packs. There are cards in Classic that are necessary and won't be overshadowed by the new expansion (which really needs a name ASAP). For example, Shaman has Lightning Storm. That will be a staple in Shaman decks for the rest of eternity, no matter what else gets released. Ditto for cards like Voidwalker, Power Overwhelming, Frostbolt, etc.

I used a lance carrier in face hunter for a while. If you can get it on argent squire or horse rider it's kinda cool
I really want Explorer's Hat to become a thing. I started running it in my Face Hunter deck, but then I realized that the 2 mana it costs is just 2 mana I could be spending on a Hero Power, so I'm doing +1 damage instead of +2 damage every turn. I'm literally gimping my deck.

I would like to see Explorer's Hat become +2/0, or cost 1 mana and be +1/0 or something. It reminds me of Rancor back in my MtG days, which was undoubtedly my favorite green card back in the day. The way you could slap it on endlessly to weenies for big damage was awesome, and it kept your creatures relevant throughout the game.

I would love to see more cards like Explorer's Hat. Either a Buyback mechanic, or auto-regen of some kind. They add an interesting strategic element to managing your mana each turn. Of course given my love of Dreadsteed, you can tell that I just like returning cards in general. :)

Man, I love using Flare vs Freeze Mage. They think they can just sit back behind Ice Block and get me into lethal range...

"my apologies" "my apologies" "well played" *Flare*

Feels good man.
I eventually want to make a non-Face Hunter deck, and Flare will be in there, guaranteed.

Fireblend

Banned
I really want Explorer's Hat to become a thing. I started running it in my Face Hunter deck, but then I realized that the 2 mana it costs is just 2 mana I could be spending on a Hero Power, so I'm doing +1 damage instead of +2 damage every turn. I'm literally gimping my deck.

ADWCTA was playing a hat hunter yesterday on stream and it seemed like a lot of fun. He ended up with 8+ hats at some point thanks to Feign Death/Baron Rivendare shenanigans. It was great.

inky

People shouldn't be that surprised at seeing golden portraits anymore, even in lower ranks. Game has been out long enough that even more casual players like me are at ~2k ladder wins.

Since everyone here loves Uther, I made this. It's actually Heroes of the Storm based, but it's still Uther!

htax4Zg.gif

I am a little upset because I couldn't get transparency to work though.

Portugeezer

In the early ranks most people use it for fun I would guess. In later ranks it's mostly just to BM (annoy) someone when you are winning/have lethal.

Dahbomb

That's because Explorer's Hat isn't a face card, it's a Midrange card.

You are supposed to play it on your Snake Trap/Unleash the Hound token minions, trade the minions in, get the Hat back, put it on another token etc. If you are going face with the Hats then you are basically playing very non optimum.

Last thing Hunter needs is more face cards.

There's also this Hat Hunter deck Day9 played a while back. I used it a bit too and it's damn fun when it works out. Might of even been decent in Standard but the loss of Rivendare and Feign Death hurt it a lot since the real strength of the deck comes from getting multiple hats at time.

Owzers

i'm pretty bad at making brawl decks, didn't even think of eerie statue/ancient watcher.....

I won my second try with secret paladin :p

Dahbomb

Does this Brawl gives your deathrattles taunt and charge as well?
No. Dr Boom's Bots don't get charged/taunt either so it's only minions that are played get this effect.

Stuff like Foe Reaper, Kraken, Eerie Statue, Ancient Watcher, TBK and Fire Elemental are really strong in this. Got my win with Shaman.

I think this Brawl also enables old school Grim Patron without needing Warsong! Though Warsong is actually still usable because you should always get the +1 buff (still don't use that card to send Blizzard a message).

Xanathus

No. Dr Boom's Bots don't get charged/taunt either so it's only minions that are played get this effect.

Stuff like Foe Reaper, Kraken, Eerie Statue, Ancient Watcher and Fire Elemental is really strong in this. Got my win with Shaman.

I think this Brawl also enables old school Grim Patron without needing Warsong! Though Warsong is actually still usable because you should always get the +1 buff (still don't use that card to send Blizzard a message).

Hehe, Grim Patron is the first thing I'm trying out.

edit: I'm getting so many insta-concedes :p

Dahbomb

Hehe, Grim Patron is the first thing I'm trying out.
Just make sure you use that Magnataur card in Warrior and tech in some beefy drops every turn. People are going all in with the face decks although most of them haven't realized that it's actually good to run beefy minions in this.

Also Raging Worgen should fit well in Grim Patron deck too.

Top Bottom