• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

I just did face hunter. Wasn't very good but still won one game against a priest. I almost won against a warlock but they had the nuts w/ ancient shade + abusive at the end for 11 health when I set it up so they couldnt tap

Mulgrok

I guess my secret paladin deck is freeze mage proof as it beat 4/4 since I made some changes to it. Thank goodness, and I will be so happy when mad scientist gets removed.

The Adder

Banned
If someone isn't dead by the time Deathwing is playable, you're both doing it wrong.

If someone isn't dead by the time Deathwing is playable, then they are the turn he comes down. I've run up against two Reno decks so far that could have closed the game out if not for Deathwing.

Anyways, anyone up for a game in Brawl AdderMoray#1121

why in the world would you play a reno deck when most decks can kill you by turn 6 easily before you draw close to half of your deck

same with deathwing, why bother, good luck surviving to turn 10 unless you have some hyper anti aggro taunt/heal kit made up. its so easy to kill by turn 6 or 7 for like any class in this shiz. the only problem is that going first is an INSANE advantage this time, like its not even close

tylerf

Feels bad when someone adds you after a game to rage and they yell and unfriend as quickly as possible. No chance to have any fun with them.

The Adder

Banned
why in the world would you play a reno deck when most decks can kill you by turn 6 easily before you draw close to half of your deck

same with deathwing, why bother, good luck surviving to turn 10 unless you have some hyper anti aggro taunt/heal kit made up. its so easy to kill by turn 6 or 7 for like any class in this shiz. the only problem is that going first is an INSANE advantage this time, like its not even close

My deck is:

Abusive Sergeant x2
Leper Gnome x2
Pit Snake x2
Ancient Watcher x1
Patient Assassin x2
Emperor Cobra x2
Ice Rager x2
Magma Rager x2
Silent Knight x2
Eerie Statue x2
Dark Iron Skulker x2
Nexus Champion Saraad
Shadow-Pan Rider x2
Sylvanas
Dr. Boom
Force-Tank MAX x2
Gruul
Deathwing

7 wins, 1 loss, 1 match ending before turn 7 so far.

Ticked that up to 9 wins and 2 matches that ended before 7, but those were concedes.

EDIT: Just got beaten by a Renolock 13+ turns in. Didn't draw Deathwing.

Tarazet

Feels bad when someone adds you after a game to rage and they yell and unfriend as quickly as possible. No chance to have any fun with them.

I friend people who got batshit insane nutter draws to get a rematch. Most people don't take the bait though.

My deck is:

Abusive Sergeant x2
Leper Gnome x2
Pit Snake x2
Ancient Watcher x1
Patient Assassin x2
Emperor Cobra x2
Ice Rager x2
Magma Rager x2
Silent Knight x2
Eerie Statue x2
Dark Iron Skulker x2
Nexus Champion Saraad
Shadow-Pan Rider x2
Sylvanas
Dr. Boom
Force-Tank MAX x2
Gruul
Deathwing

7 wins, 1 loss, 1 match ending before turn 7 so far.

Ticked that up to 9 wins and 2 matches that ended before 7, but those were concedes.

EDIT: Just got beaten by a Renolock 13+ turns in. Didn't draw Deathwing.
Icic that deck would be good in warlock tho void terror could wreck

Anyone playing that I can spectate for a quest? :)

I tried to friend a guy to tell him I thought he had a cool deck idea. No response. :(

Apathy

Anyone playing that I can spectate for a quest? :)

I tried to friend a guy to tell him I thought he had a cool deck idea. No response. :(

I remember having an amazing back and forth match that ended with me at 1 and my opponent dead, but not due to gimmick and we went to fatigue, it was great and I wanted to talk to him and say it was an amazing match, but I couldn't because he probably thought I was going to mock him

Ridli

Bolster and King's Defender are still unplayable even when every single minion has taunt because charge is way better than taunt will ever be. Tanks get no respect ( ._.)

At least double molten + kraken is a thing.

I made some shitty Deathrattle Priest with only like two Legendaries (one being Thalnos which is totally unnecessary) and went 5-1 in Brawl. Pretty cool.

Mulgrok

Was struggling a bit around rank 9 with my crappy secret paladin deck, but then i revised it and went on a win streak all the way to 5.

TP73Iwu.png

EDIT: Freeze mages, Reno locks, Control warriors, Control priests all dead. It does suffer against patron warrior though, and aggro if I don't draw well.

Was struggling a bit around rank 9 with my crappy secret paladin deck, but then i revised it and went on a win streak all the way to 5.

EDIT: Freeze mages, Reno locks, Control warriors, Control priests all dead. It does suffer against patron warrior though, and aggro if I don't draw well.

Why the hell are you running spell breaker?

Mulgrok

Why the hell are you running spell breaker?

I use it to silence frozen minions for the kill against freeze mages, or to remove taunt for the kill. Also works on aldor's/keeper of uldaman bs.

oh ya, and owls are too crappy of a body by the time I need to silence something anyway. Might as well have decent stats on the board.

I use it to silence frozen minions for the kill against freeze mages, or to remove taunt for the kill. Also works on aldor's/keeper of uldaman bs.

oh ya, and owls are too crappy of a body by the time I need to silence something anyway. Might as well have decent stats on the board.

4/3 is crappy stats. And Freeze/mage is a bad match for secret regardless. i guess it doesn't really matter playing crap shit players but I think you're going to have to refine that if you want to push past rank 5.

I just ran the silent storm version of secret (When I did play secret) when i ran into a lot of freeze mage but freeze mage isn't that common (from my experience anyways) until rank 2 and up. I just don't like the idea building a deck that tries to beat everything because you never will. Instead I rather build a deck where your strengths are absurd in the matchup you are favor and in the bad matchup you just leave it up to RNG gods.

Plus you are already running a Kezan as tech for freeze mage. I'm not sure that your version of secret is suppose to be aggro secret, midrange secret or what? Just seem to me that there is no identity. You have the divine favor/argent that points toward my aggro secrets, but then have tech such as Kezan and spell breaker which kind points toward the other way. Then there's Rag which I have a love/hate relationship with and no Tirion.

Mulgrok

4/3 is crappy stats. And Freeze/mage is a bad match for secret regardless. i guess it doesn't really matter playing crap shit players but I think you're going to have to refine that if you want to push past rank 5.

I just ran the silent storm version of secret (When I did play secret) when i ran into a lot of freeze mage but freeze mage isn't that common (from my experience anyways) until rank 2 and up. I just don't like the idea building a deck that tries to beat everything because you never will. Instead I rather build a deck where your strengths are absurd in the matchup you are favor and in the bad matchup you just leave it up to RNG gods.

Plus you are already running a Kezan as tech for freeze mage. I'm not sure that your version of secret is suppose to be aggro secret, midrange secret or what? Just seem to me that there is no identity. You have the divine favor/argent that points toward my aggro secrets, but then have tech such as Kezan and spell breaker which kind points toward the other way. Then there's Rag which I have a love/hate relationship with and no Tirion.

I may get rid of the kezan, since it is too niche of use.

EDIT: 4/3 isn't crappy though. it just mediocre. Mediocre is better than 2/1 which dies to anything.

EDIT2: I don't have a tyrion yet. Been crafting lots of neutral legendaries, but don't feel the need to make class ones, yet.

EDIT3: Spellbreaker is probably one of the more underrated cards.

EDIT4: oh ya, gone 5/5 against freeze mage so far. Guess it isn't so bad a matchup.

EDIT5: The divine favor is tech'ed in for control matchups. Mainly against priest and renolock. it is a midrange deck.

I may get rid of the kezan, since it is too niche of use.

Maybe if it works for you don't let me tell you otherwise. I have a love/hate relationship with that card too. When you need it... it's never there. And when need a shredder on 4 you get a shitty Kezan.

I'm pretty sure on my secret list I use Harrison for that slot just because I was playing during the era of Aggro Shaman. (Lord fuck that deck).

Any reason for the two competitive spirit over 1 redemption/repentance?

Redemption can be a life saver versus aggro sometimes when you don't have optimal draws.

For example

Redemption turn #1 into minibot turn #2. Actually I looked up my Secret list and I remember it's the one I got from Amaz.

Mulgrok

Maybe if it works for you don't let me tell you otherwise. I have a love/hate relationship with that card too. When you need it... it's never there. And when need a shredder on 4 you get a shitty Kezan.

I'm pretty sure on my secret list I use Harrison for that slot just because I was playing during the era of Aggro Shaman. (Lord fuck that deck).

Any reason for the two competitive spirit over 1 redemption/repentance?

Redemption can be a life saver versus aggro sometimes when you don't have optimal draws.

For example

Redemption turn #1 into minibot turn #2. Actually I looked up my Secret list and I remember it's the one I got from Amaz.

redemption/repentance sound great on paper, but getting good use out of them is spotty at best. I went for competitive spirit for consistency.

EDIT: if an aggro player is killing your minibot, they are doing something wrong. The only time redemption helped me was with knife jugglers or sludge belcher.

jgminto

How are current CW decks meant to measure up against Freeze Mage? I just burst down the last two warriors I faced. It probably wouldn't have gone so well if they drew Justicar and focused on Tanking but it was still easier than I expected. The shift towards Golden Monkey as an extra win condition seems to help the match up.

jgminto

It's almost a free win if they know how to play the matchup.
That's why I was surprised I won so easily, both times I just heavily drew cards, Thaurissan'd, Alex'd them down to 30-40, filled my hand with Antonidas and burned them down over the next few turns.

That's why I was surprised I won so easily, both times I just heavily drew cards, Thaurissan'd, Alex'd them down to 30-40, filled my hand with Antonidas and burned them down over the next few turns.

They didn't know what they were doing, or didn't draw removals. 2nd one seems unlikely.

Top Bottom