• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No. Dr Boom's Bots don't get charged/taunt either so it's only minions that are played get this effect.

I think this Brawl also enables old school Grim Patron without needing Warsong!

If only minions that are played instead of summoned get the effect then no it wouldn't.

Dahbomb

If only minions that are played instead of summoned get the effect then no it wouldn't.
Well you can get one Patron off at least then get a board full of taunted Patrons up with stuff like Unstable Ghoul. Main thing is that it enables the Berserker OTK again.

Dahbomb

What are the rules for this Brawl? Deathrattle minions get charge/taunt?
Only minions that are played get charge/taunt. Doesn't apply to summoned/deathrattle minions.

Feral Spirits for example don't get charge so they are a weak card in this.

ZealousD

Somebody please tell me they are trying out Echo Mage in this Brawl. I want a full board of charging molten giants lol.

ZealousD

I feel like I would rather play Scarlet Crusader over Ice Rager in this. Taunt and Charge stack extremely well with Divine Shield.

Dahbomb

Somebody please tell me they are trying out Echo Mage in this Brawl. I want a full board of charging molten giants lol.
That would work in theory but the games are fast and it's hard to assemble all those combo pieces.

Though you can probably create a giant taunt wall pretty easily..

OMG GUYS IS IT FINALLY TIME FOR BOLSTER PATRON WARRIOR?

ZealousD

Just play secret Paladin. Nerbian Egg or Ancient Watcher instead of Haunted Creeper. Scarlet Crusader over Muster. Argent Protector over Knife Juggler?

Heck you could even run double Redemption and be fine with it now.

ViviOggi

Twitch chat when turn 9 Force+Roar:
rDvBI5d.png

gutshot

I got my first legendary! Grommash Hellscream! He's pretty good, right? :-D

Cards that spawn minions. I won on my first try. Also, stuff like Nerubian Egg is good because it forces a spawn right away.

Grats! Yeah, Grommash is a staple in most Warrior decks these days and likely will remain so once Standard hits.

Owzers

Trogg's days are numbered. One of the first legendaries i drew and he's sorta useful maybe, but now that he's leaving Standard i might not keep him just for brawl/wild.

Dahbomb

I got my first legendary! Grommash Hellscream! He's pretty good, right? :-D

Cards that spawn minions. I won on my first try. Also, stuff like Nerubian Egg is good because it forces a spawn right away.
That's a godlike first Legendary. My first was The Beast lol.

You run him both Control Warrior and Grim Paton Warrior although Patron Warrior is likely to be phased out by the time standard comes out. Grommash is too good to not see play in some Warrior deck.

I also got two rares and an epic in that pack - pretty excited at that combination. Although the epic was some crappy pirate card.

That's a godlike first Legendary. My first was The Beast lol.

You run him both Control Warrior and Grim Paton Warrior although Patron Warrior is likely to be phased out by the time standard comes out. Grommash is too good to not see play in some Warrior deck.
Wooo hoo!

Fireblend

Banned
I was wishing we'd get a good brawl today so I can farm some gold, and damn, I got exactly what I wished for. 10+ wins in like an hour. I'm gonna enjoy this.

FeD.nL

I think it's worthwhile to buy packs. There are cards in Classic that are necessary and won't be overshadowed by the new expansion (which really needs a name ASAP). For example, Shaman has Lightning Storm. That will be a staple in Shaman decks for the rest of eternity, no matter what else gets released. Ditto for cards like Voidwalker, Power Overwhelming, Frostbolt, etc.

I agree that some cards will always see play. But with just 2 weeks left till the announcement I just don't think it's a good time to use your gold on packs. I fully expect that the new set will have a much larger impact on standard than the classic set will. So in my opinion unless you really want cards now just hold on to your gold these 2 weeks and finish up some quests because there is a big chance the packs for the new set will have a much higher chance to give you playables than classic packs now.

Dahbomb

An epic, 2 rares and a Legendary all in one pack? That's a god pack! Was the Legendary on the top of the pack? That's the Xerxes spot.

Ladekabel

I wish I had Grommash in a pack. My first legendary was Gruul. Dusted him for Velen.

Since then I got legendaries pretty reguarly. Ragnaros, Malygos and Jaraxxus were the most useful. Also got Greenskin, Varian, Sky Captain what's his name, Iron Juggernaut and a Golden Velen among others. But my best legendary was a golden Hemet out of an Arena reward pack.

I still dust all the gold cards I get, and I get a lot of common/rare duplicates even though my collection is small. Dust will come when it comes! If I dusted Grommash (not going to) I would have 800 dust right now. Basically, I realized that most of the cards I want to craft are common/rare. But if I keep dusting epics/rares for commons/rares, eventually I'll just have a ton of duplicate commons/rares to dust, and it will be a net loss. I'm going to play the long game here. I have 300-something dust right now just from dusting duplicates and gold cards.

Now, if Grommash was gold, I would have dusted him in an instant. :-D

An epic, 2 rares and a Legendary all in one pack? That's a god pack! Was the Legendary on the top of the pack? That's the Xerxes spot.
Grommash was the 4th card.

I agree that some cards will always see play. But with just 2 weeks left till the announcement I just don't think it's a good time to use your gold on packs. I fully expect that the new set will have a much larger impact on standard than the classic set will. So in my opinion unless you really want cards now just hold on to your gold these 2 weeks and finish up some quests because there is a big chance the packs for the new set will have a much higher chance to give you playables than classic packs now.
My main deck is Zoolock, and I'm retaining 90% of the cards I need with the expansion. I'll just craft the handful of cards that are optimal for Zoolock play, and then go back to buying packs.

I wish I had Grommash in a pack. My first legendary was Gruul. Dusted him for Velen.

Since then I got legendaries pretty reguarly. Ragnaros, Malygos and Jaraxxus were the most useful. Also got Greenskin, Varian, Sky Captain what's his name, Iron Juggernaut and a Golden Velen among others. But my best legendary was a golden Hemet out of an Arena reward pack.
I know Gruul doesn't see play, but he seems like he has potential. Maybe he should get +2/2 per turn.

I would love to get Malygos for a Shaman deck.

Youthful brewmaster does work in this. Also noble sacrifice is amazing since no one runs high health minions, get that and avenge out and your board is sick

Apathy

Most brawls are just me making a face deck and winning for my pack.

It was at least interesting, I think some of the early players are picking big minions cause they see "taunt and charge" but they fuck their curve, cause I just had a priest not play a card for 5 turns, and when it did it was one he spell stole from me.

Pooya

So if you play map and immediately get monkey from it, there is a bug that makes the card look really big, your opponent then can know the card you just got is the monkey.

So if you play map and immediately get monkey from it, there is a bug that makes the card look really big, your opponent then can know the card you just got is the monkey.

Yup. Flame Leviathan from Unstable Portal is the same (if you scroll over the timeline when FL is drawn from UP it shows that FL was drawn because of the effect) and that hasn't been fixed for over a year so I expect Monkey to never be fixed either

Dahbomb

Emperor Cobra and Maexnna are also legit in this Brawl. BGH still the god. Foe Reaper is insane as is Alex.

Yeah Handlock is probably the best in this Brawl.

manhack

made a modified version of face hunter: magma rager, ice rager, ancient shades and fel reaver. My first time using face hunter in tavern brawl. I had a hunter quest and it just seems to fit.

Top Bottom