• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Dahbomb

Does it? It kinda sounds like they have to craft Murk-Eye now, but once they do they're good to go.
Nah Murkeye is Wild format only now.

Murkeye is a huge portion of the burst from that card. It also makes the second Anyfin a lot weaker too because you can't get double Murkeye for like 30 damage.

Hm. Cursed is a good card if you get it early. It controls the flow of battle and if your opponent doesn't get rid of it, they take alotta damage.

Pooya

Are you saying we should hurry and unlock that golden murk eye before standard hits? damn, I don't think I can do that anyway.

Wow. This just keeps getting fucking worse.

This new expansion had really better not be a TGT style dud.

Well, in fairness, part of why TGT fell flat was because it couldn't measure up to how broken Naxx and GvG were. And I'd much rather see sets that are similar to TGT power level than GvG power level.

Mulgrok

Well, in fairness, part of why TGT fell flat was because it couldn't measure up to how broken Naxx and GvG were. And I'd much rather see sets that are similar to TGT power level than GvG power level.

Yep, I keep trying to make decks without gvg/naxx cards, but they are very inconsistent against the gvg/nax stuff.

Tarazet

Yep, I keep trying to make decks without gvg/naxx cards, but they are very inconsistent against the gvg/nax stuff.

You really feel it when you start over with a new account and use one of the Trump free decks. Matchups that should be easy, you simply have no answers for. Druid is the major exception of course, because nobody expects trees on ladder.

Owzers

So no recommendation on which of the 3 booster packs i should buy?

With Standard mode coming soon and Goblins vs Gnomes and Nax adventure going strictly to the "wild" mode, i'd get Classic packs until you start having most of the rares/commons you want from them.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
With Standard mode coming soon and Goblins vs Gnomes and Nax adventure going strictly to the "wild" mode, i'd get Classic packs until you start having most of the rares/commons you want from them.
Ok thanks. I dont really mess with rank since i get smoked 9 times out of 10 in casual but standard it is!

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
Honestly, the lower ranks of ranked mode are generally easier than casual, especially this late in the month.
Oh wow really? Well ill give it a try tomorrow! I hope you're right, it would be nice if i could win more matches, played 5 games today and lost all 5, 2 out out of those 5 i didnt even get to damage the enemy hero. I despise decks that revolve around taunt. Im used to losing and all but god damn it's the worst when you go the whole game and you couldnt even do 1 damage to the enemy :p

Oh wow really? Well ill give it a try tomorrow! I hope you're right, it would be nice if i could win more matches, played 5 games today and lost all 5, 2 out out of those 5 i didnt even get to damage the enemy hero. I despise decks that revolve around taunt. Im used to losing and all but god damn it's the worst when you go the whole game and you couldnt even do 1 damage to the enemy :p

Don't forget to work on board control and making positive trades over hitting face

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Old Murk Eye getting kicked out of standard also means a nerf to Murloc Knight.

Zoggy

shadowstep rogue is frigging unbelievable in this brawl, i've had a 70+% win streak with my deck.

its incredible.

2nd best brawl ever.

Zoggy

no, only the 2nd shadowform does

that is dumb, because justicar empowers your hero power if its finley'd.

just be consistent.

the card text says "a better version of your STARTING hero power", but if you finley into another hero power, that gets buffed.

they should just either do one or the other. either buff your starting hero power or buff your current hero power.

i'd prefer the second because that makes fallen hero x 2 + justicar the dream.

JesseZao

that is dumb, because justicar empowers your hero power if its finley'd.

just be consistent.

the card text says "a better version of your STARTING hero power", but if you finley into another hero power, that gets buffed.

they should just either do one or the other. either buff your starting hero power or buff your current hero power.

i'd prefer the second because that makes fallen hero x 2 + justicar the dream.

Think of it as "Basic" hero powers are buffed; i.e. the ones you can start with.

That said, I agree the wording could be better. I think "basic" would be better.

Pooya

Combos left in standard right now.

Worgen. Are they going to remove charge spell? I wouldn't be surprised, limits design space and all that.

Malygos decks, notably rogue. It has never been a imposing deck, just like worgen, I don't think so.

Freeze mage. Alex is probably getting nerfed. So yeah.

Faceless, Arcane Golem/Leeroy/PO. I think PO needs to be 2 mana actually and Arcane Golem generally is too good. Making the combo cost more is possible I guess.

Yong Woo was on the Well Met podcast the other day and he essentially said the combo decks the Hearthstone team wants to see flourish are ones similar to post-nerf Patron Warrior, so I would expect decks that rely on charge or spell burst to slowly be eradicated from Hearthstone.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yong Woo was on the Well Met podcast the other day and he essentially said the combo decks the Hearthstone team wants to see flourish are ones similar to post-nerf Patron Warrior, so I would expect decks that rely on charge or spell burst to slowly be eradicated from Hearthstone.

Gadgetzan to be nerfed into oblivion confirmed.

Dahbomb

That's not a combo deck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's their idea of "acceptable combo", aka, synergy that takes the place of curving.

They'd probably consider Echo Mage acceptable as well.

Dahbomb

Everyone so happy that all combo decks are destroyed better enjoy the Handlock/Zoo/Aggro meta that rises from that.
Hard to say that when we don't know what the nerfed cards are going to be. If they make big nerfs to Molten Giants or stuff like Knife Juggler... who knows what the strongest decks will be.

Apathy

Where are these mythical "next card drawn after map was the monkey" shenanigans for me? It keeps ending up at the bottom of my decks :( It's fun to play but frustrating to find

Every time. Playing her on 4, getting the card in the last 5 of my deck.

Dahbomb

Saving that podcast in case Blizzard prints cards that are basically reprints of preview cards (ie. Ice Rager).

John Woo specifically said they aren't going to be reprinting new versions of older card so if they do that then it's time to bring out the blast mic.

Also if what the guy is saying is true... no way does Freeze Mage survive the culling. He specifically said that lots of damage with little to no board is a big no and no while specifically calling out charge and spell burst strategies.

Pooya

So I guess doomhammer must be on watch list. Maybe they make it like gorehowl, you can't go face with it.

I hope Malygos survives, I want to play malyrogue for the 40-50 wins I need.

manhack

Where are these mythical "next card drawn after map was the monkey" shenanigans for me? It keeps ending up at the bottom of my decks :( It's fun to play but frustrating to find

Every time. Playing her on 4, getting the card in the last 5 of my deck.

There were a few discussions on this topic on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiv...ussion_mathing_the_golden_monkey_probability/
TLDR:

In other word, it is incredibly likely that monkey is stuck in your last 2 or 3 cards, making the effect heavily depends on your handsize than the deck size.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...e_to_draw_golden_monkey_by_a_particular_turn/
TLDR:

To give some perspective, that's the equivalent of roughly a 1/5 chance of drawing it by turn 20, and in over a quarter of your games you'll draw the monkey as the very last card.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are you saying we should hurry and unlock that golden murk eye before standard hits? damn, I don't think I can do that anyway.

Well, I guess if you really want a gold version. You can also just craft the golden Murk Eye straight up after the format split rolls out.

Since I have no Golden Classic Murlocs, it would cost me 4000 dust to get him. Its just not worth it.

Anyone else read the news about gabe calling a DOTA2 caster an ass after firing him, and remember the whole reckful thing with the archon league?
laugh.gif

Tomcat

Do you really guys believe that blizzard will do so many nerfs and changes? I will be very impressed if they will do all these changes to the cards you are talking about.

Do you really guys believe that blizzard will do so many nerfs and changes? I will be very impressed if they will do all these changes to the cards you are talking about.
IIRC, they said ~20 cards are getting adjusted. It isn't too hard to recognize which cards are on everyone's mind.

Top Bottom