• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Pooya

Well, I guess if you really want a gold version. You can also just craft the golden Murk Eye straight up after the format split rolls out.

Since I have no Golden Classic Murlocs, it would cost me 4000 dust to get him. Its just not worth it.

I mean if you're close to getting it, it's 1600 dust back. I have the basic ones and golden war leader but I don't have any of the rares golden, at 800 each it's not worth it but if you need just one or only basic ones it's worth grinding now and get 1600 dust back.

On my f2p account, I only need one rare to get the regular murk eye, if I don't get it by the time the patch hits, I just craft it for 100 dust and get 400 dust back. profit.

Tomcat

IIRC, they said ~20 cards are getting adjusted. It isn't too hard to recognize which cards are on everyone's mind.

They said from 2-20 are getting looked. So it can be anything between these numbers. Based on their previous incompetence to make serious and correct adjustments I am not very optimistic about the whole thing. After all they printed anyfin and instead than nerfing the card they choose obviously the easy way out to send murk eye to the wild section.

Danj

Honestly, the lower ranks of ranked mode are generally easier than casual, especially this late in the month.

Not seeing that happening at rank 16/15. I can't seem to get past it at the moment.

EDIT: particularly when bullshit like somebody killing me when he was on 1 health and I was on 14 happens.

FeD.nL

Remember in the Polygon article:

While Blizzard isn't prepared to completely rotate out Classic or Basic sets — at least not yet — it has another ambitious idea. With each Standard rotation at the start of each year, the developer will take an opportunity to look at those original cards and tweak their stats where deemed necessary. This may not lead to changes every year, but it definitely will this time around. Chayes calls this year's plan "a pretty significant change to the Classic set," with as many as a dozen of the most popular cards in the game being examined.

With this rotating out of the reward cards I really don't get why they keep in the classic set beyond giving players the idea that they have something of value when rotations happen.

With the approach Blizzard is taking I can see the classic set become completely redundant down the line which sucks for Wild. Just rotate classic out and print the changes on new cards in the new set.

Dre

Regarding laddering on the last days to get to rank 5:

1P324Se.png

I went from 10 to 5 in 2h with this deck:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/426538-xzirez-omelettadin-2

So, if anybody still wants that glorious golden Epic, I'd say go for it today and tomorrow.

Xanathus

Hmmm trying to decide whether I want to get a Golden Murkeye now. I'll need to spend 2400 dust on a Golden Oracle and Warleader, and the dust from disenchanting a Golden Murkeye is 3200. On the other hand I don't care about Golden cards at all.

I swear the f*ckin' game is too RNG to be enjoyed. The fact that games can be won through no skill what-so-ever, just pure luck, makes me want to uninstall the thing.

EDIT: But I won't. Like hell am I getting higher than 17 on ladder, though. I'll stick to being a filthy casual.

Par Score

Not seeing that happening at rank 16/15. I can't seem to get past it at the moment.

EDIT: particularly when bullshit like somebody killing me when he was on 1 health and I was on 14 happens.

Those are not the "lower ranks", ranks 25-18 are usually way easier than Casual.

The Adder

Banned

That's not bullshit. You couldn't close the deal, they could. There are very few classes (possibly no classes, actually) that can't do 14 damage with some board presence late game.

Magnus

My goal for myself this weekend is to get in the killing blow in every Tavern Brawl with a Magma or Frost Rager. Working out well so far.

MlYrOjf.png

this what i ended up with i tried seal of champions but its just too slow since i preferred the full on jeeves/divine package, so obvs the goal is to spend all your cards as much as possible, hope TBK and uldaman don't clog it up, lot of early victories. owl in opening hand is MVP really, this brawl seemed all about getting ahead on the board early unless you did that stupid play your molten giants 6 times game

Portugeezer

Another combo deck bites the dust, i bet freeze mage is also going to be nerfed :(

It will already take a hit without Mad Scientist.

I don't see what they could do except change how Ice Block works. Like... make it so that it can't be used the turn after it has been popped or something. Other than that, I don't know.

Dahbomb

Also they don't have to nerf 20 cards to make a dramatic change in the previously strong decks. Hell I could barely come up with 10 myself.

Though technically cards like Old Murkeye should belong in that list too. I am 100% certain they did this because of Anyfin. They even said before that they were talking about what to do with these cards and with Anyfin being as strong as it is they decided to pull the trigger.

Tarazet

It will already take a hit without Mad Scientist.

I don't see what they could do except change how Ice Block works. Like... make it so that it can't be used the turn after it has been popped or something. Other than that, I don't know.

They could make Ice Block soak only one lethal hit, so that it doesn't save the Mage in a truly hopeless situation, but only from combo/insane reach spells.

peakish

It feels really good beating combo decks. Just into a Murlocdin and although they generally beat my Elise priest they're super fun to play against. Don't think this one ran a great deck, though -- while the pressure was rough early on I managed to stabilize (with what I think was a clutch death + holy nova, although it feels bad to death a 5/3 minion it allowed me to clear the board) and once they played Anyfin they only got one charge minion, and it wasn't Old Murk. I cleared most of the minions with my own and a pain + death on the Avenge'd on, then they play Anyfin again the next turn and again got like a single Bluefin. I top deck Excruciating Evil and pretty much seal the deal, although I think I could have (albeit painfully) held on without it.

I'm only speculating here, but I thought proper Murlocdin decks are very careful about which minions they play so that they know what they can expect from Anyfin, right? If the resurrections wouldn't have been as weak as they were I would have been beaten for sure.

Edit: On another note, having the opponents Lightwell on board and playing a Northshire is hella fun. Ping it each turn, cash in.

If I had those legendaries, I could get rank 5 with my current deck.

i just won 3 in a row with that deck and i never drew boom and i don't have tirion so i used shredder instead. its pretty sweet even though chow always scares me. sylvanas isn't the most amazing thing nowadays anyway. seems worth crafting my second muster for battle to play (just never did until now bc i really hate the way most pally decks work)

tylerf

Apparently if you fireball a deathlord and it pulls out a flamewaker, the fireball will trigger the flamewaker effect after it hits the board. I felt like I had a good understanding of board interactions until this moment.

Owzers

Firebat down 0-2 to Lifecoach in this wombo tournament, brings out the Freeze Mage vs renolock.

Freeze Mage time. freeze freeze freeze spell spell interactive.

Dre

If I had those legendaries, I could get rank 5 with my current deck.

This deck works because of the sticky minions and all the buffs, not because of the legendaries. It should still be viable if you don't have them.

Sylvanas is great at lower ranks because players will do dumb shit when she hits the board. She can be replaced with Loatheb who serves another purpose but should be equally as good. Piloted Sky Golem is also a valid choice.

Tirion being the best class legendary in the game is obviously a bit tricky but Sunwalker, Kel'Thuzad or another 8-drop of your choice might work in his place.

Dr. Boom on the other hand is the first legendary every Hearthstone player should craft, you'll always have a hard time on ladder without him.
With Standard on the horizon, newer players might want to save up the dust for some other card, but until then no other 7-drop comes close. Just put another big threat of your choice in the deck.

This deck works because of the sticky minions and all the buffs, not because of the legendaries. It should still be viable if you don't have them.

Sylvanas is great at lower ranks because players will do dumb shit when she hits the board. She can be replaced with Loatheb who serves another purpose but should be equally as good. Piloted Sky Golem is also a valid choice.

Tirion being the best class legendary in the game is obviously a bit tricky but Sunwalker, Kel'Thuzad or another 8-drop of your choice might work in his place.

Dr. Boom on the other hand is the first legendary every Hearthstone player should craft, you'll always have a hard time on ladder without him.
With Standard on the horizon, newer players might want to save up the dust for some other card, but until then no other 7-drop comes close. Just put another big threat of your choice in the deck.

yeah i have a 6 game streak now into the single digit ranks, with no tirion and boom instead. just use two shredders or any of his suggestions, sylvanas and tirion aren't totally essential, you'll have an easier time valuing divine favor without them anyway

Tagyhag

I think I'm learning that if you don't know what deck your opponent is playing, always assume that it's a Reno deck. And never ever leave them at 10hp or less until you have an OHK.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
IIRC, they said ~20 cards are getting adjusted. It isn't too hard to recognize which cards are on everyone's mind.

More than 2, less than 20 I believe was the actual quote.

I would not expect a whole bunch of changes.

Raxus

*Wins 10 games in arena, immediately goes 0-3 in the next one

*commits sudoku

It actually amazes me how consistent Hafu is. I wish I had an iota of her skill when it came to drafting and playing. Otherwise I experience the same fluctuations you experience.

Portugeezer

It actually amazes me how consistent Hafu is. I wish I had an iota of her skill when it came to drafting and playing. Otherwise I experience the same fluctuations you experience.

My first Arena I got 6 wins.

Since then I have never managed to do better. WTF

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
When you choose Paly in Arena and your first card you pick is Anyfin. Then the game proceeds to offer you only 1 murlock the rest of the 29 picks.

FTL

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
When you choose Paly in Arena and your first card you pick is Anyfin. Then the game proceeds to offer you only 1 murlock the rest of the 29 picks.

FTL

Why would you even pick Anyfin if you didn't have any murlocs? What were the other choices?

ViviOggi

I mean there aren't that many Murlocs on the game and even less that you'd actually want to play. Arena games go to 10 so rarely anyway. I would never pick Anyfin unless I had multiple Murloc Knights and already drafted a really good curve, and even then the other picks would have to be low tier rares.

Apathy

FTL

That's your own fault. Anyfin is such a situational card that requires such a specific set of cards, the likelyhood of getting them in arena is so low. You shouldn't ever take it

Apathy

Taking some time off ladder with my dragon priest and made an elise priest, its fun, had a wicked back and forth with another priests and entombs. I actually added the guy to friends, and we had a good convo about the match, all nice, it was amazing

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with Kibler on this card. Remove it from Standard but don't nerf it.

Totally the right move. That card is such an enabler of cool things and interesting combo decks, but is super limiting in design for new cards. Kibler has exactly the right idea.

Apathy

game journalist people are going to blizzard this week to get more info on the new expansion right? I think that's what the polygon guys said 2 weeks ago in their video

Top Bottom