• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Tarazet

It's crazy how much of a moron you can be yet still be successful with an aggro deck. This face Hunter has two 2/1s on the board then plays a Mad Bomber. MIsses both his minions completely and he gets turn 6 lethal.

Sometimes you've got to take a chance. I've been tempted to try that LBYS aggro freeze deck again, it is a Paladin demolisher with its two Bombers plus all the stall tactics.

peakish

Any good ways to improve my deck? I've been making mostly minor modifications to it over the last month since it's sort-of good enough (and I don't play every day), so I'm not quite sure what to do with it right now on my budget.

priest1.1niz3l.png

• It doesn't feel very focused, mostly aiming for Control + Elise as the win condition and I like that playstyle. I love the Auchenai but only have one and no cards which I can burst with (Circle makes it a board clear) so it's more of a control play than anything else. I think that could be better.
  • Blood Knight seems very situational but it's fun to punish divine shields since I hate them. Doesn't happen too often though so I'm not sure of it's real value.
  • I recently switched one Holy Nova for an Excavated to deal with Patron matchups, giving me a second out along the Auchenai Circle. Not sure if the second Holy Nova is worth keeping at all since it rarely does a lot for me. It could combo with adding a Holy Champion, but that seems very situational to me. Switch for a second Circle, EE or some other spell?
  • Minion/Spell balance feels good to me. I could use some stronger minions though. What would be better trades for Juggler and Yeti as 2/4 drops? The juggler is only in since it's the best 3/2 drop I have and the Yeti is just solid and rarely disappoints, but I could do with switching one. Shattered Sun could probably go, too, if I can find a replacement buff.
  • No legendaries outside of Nozdormu and Bloodmage Thalnos. I'd like to get rid of the Ooze's at one point by getting Harrison Jones, not sure if that should be a focus though since Justicar seems like the better priority.

Edit: Maybe I should get a Cabal Priest. Trade the Darkscale Healer for it? Holy Nova or Pain could be switched for Shadow Madness although I still use Pain quite a bit (partly because I feel my minions are pretty weak against low-attack-high-health minions). I think that could improve my board control a bit although the Shrinkmeister removal (not that I have one) will make the Cabal less powerful.

Edit 2: Maybe I could switch an Ogre for a Khaldir Raider, since I use my hero power a lot? Would make it a 7 drop, though, and one that still comes with less health. I had one in the deck a month ago and at that point the deck felt very swingy so I'm not sure of it's value.

manhack

Finally hit Rank 5 with Mech Rogue. 1st time at Rank 5 in a few months. Somehow managed to burst down a double Brawl control Warrior with Healbot for the final boss. LOL. Obviously best time of month to hit rank 5 with random crap.

Tarazet

Insane for Rogue.

What if other classes use this? They don't have enough 0 mana spells, some don't have any.

If the 0 mana card doesn't have to displace something else in your deck, I don't see why it would be so horrible to get Ancestral Healing or Totemic Might on discover. They're definitely no match for Innervate or Backstab though.

Now, if it let you pick from other classes' options..

Dahbomb

If the 0 mana card doesn't have to displace something else in your deck, I don't see why it would be so horrible to get Ancestral Healing or Totemic Might on discover. They're definitely no match for Innervate or Backstab though.

Now, if it let you pick from other classes' options..
Yeah but what is Paladin going to get? And Mages? Other classes have less than 3 cards that are 0 mana cost the Discover function doesn't make much sense.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You would have to make it discover from any class, unless you made it a rogue only card (And then what do you do if another class somehow gets it)

Xanathus

Ran into a Patron Warrior today. I didn't think those were still a thing?

Unsurprisingly I got my ass kicked.
Judging from the board states in the 1st and 2nd screenshots, you definitely could have won. I'm guessing you did something like trade in a boombot into a 1 health Patron first which hit another Patron without killing it so it spawned more.

This is the problem right here. All the decks that can get to that rank require legendaries I don't have. I don't have the legendaries because I don't have the dust because I don't have rank 5. It's a vicious circle!
We went over this before, those 3 leggys aren't necessary. I went something like 15-5 yesterday to r7 and only pulled my boom once, don't have tiri and sylvanas never really mattered. Just sub those three for some shredders, a true silver, equalities for consec combos, loathed, hell even a Murloc knight is a good 6 drop. It's a great deck type not bc of the leggys, but bc paladwin has so many broken cheap cards that work amazing together, like mad sci/avenge/minibot/nerubian, muster/knife juggs/hero power, etc

Pooya

you don't need anything to hit rank 5 really, Boom and Loatheb are more than enough. I used to play aggro paly on my f2p account for most of last year, I was getting rank 5 all the time. It didn't even have adventures. I'm pretty sure that deck is still good, just saw on reddit some streamer got legend with it in 9 days on a new account. Zoo is extremely cheap and it's like the best deck. If you can't get rank 5, you should just go and review your games see what you could have done differently and learn from it otherwise you will never improve. That is if you care about ranking up, it's just a stupid game. Like any non joke deck can get rank 5.

Tarazet

you don't need anything to hit rank 5 really, Boom and Loatheb are more than enough. I used to play aggro paly on my f2p account for most of last year, I was getting rank 5 all the time. It didn't even have adventures. I'm pretty sure that deck is still good, just saw on reddit some streamer got legend with it in 9 days on a new account. Zoo is extremely cheap and it's like the best deck. If you can't get rank 5, you should just go and review your games see what you could have done differently and learn from it otherwise you will never improve. That is if you care about ranking up, it's just a stupid game. Like any non joke deck can get rank 5.

Just started playing that omlettadin.. jesus christ, if blizzard kills one of your eggs the Nerubian can attack next turn. Got me lethal against a tempo mage with all sorts of extra removal tech.

Edit: Most useless deck ever against Priest though.

Turn 4 loss against a Mech Mage.

Patron Warrior is considered a Tier 1 deck ATM.

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/meta-snapshot/a-witty-title

I watched Kibler get legend with it last week and I used it to clear out some daily quests on my main and F2P account (yes I managed to make a patron warrior deck on my side account by just doing dailies).

Gave Patron Warrior a go earlier as I've never played it before. First match, I won, but didn't see a Grim Patron. I guess now the first time I draw a Patron card I'll lose.

Just started playing that omlettadin.. jesus christ, if blizzard kills one of your eggs the Nerubian can attack next turn. Got me lethal against a tempo mage with all sorts of extra removal tech.

Played that deck yesterday, seemed to be win one-lose one... until I got ROFLstomped by Warlock's with umpteen Imp's.

Tarazet

Played that deck yesterday, seemed to be win one-lose one... until I got ROFLstomped by Warlock's with umpteen Imp's.

It's definitely more fair than Secret Paladin. It's also badly missing shit like Silence and card draw (unless you manage to draw the one Divine Favor, and straight odds are, you won't!)

Xanathus

You don't even need any legendaries to hit legend, a streamer MKRR3 did it with just aggro Paladin
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/48665w/polish_streamer_mkrr3_just_hit_legend_with_f2p/

Priest isn't bad, you can easily wreck opening northshires and divine favor wrecks them, and you're zoo enough to put out a big lineup before they can aoe, just don't buff too much early. P much anytime you can divine 3-5 cards you have to try to lose

greepoman

A guy I was playing learned how Varian Wrynn sucks even after Golden Monkey....

Typical boring Control Warrior vs Control Warrior until he puts down Varian after Monkey...out pops Major Domo. Welp BGH and bye bye 50 armor...weapon and my shield maiden to face for instant lethal lol.

Portugeezer

Edit: this is not in regards to Professor Lich's post btw lol, I typed this message as he posted that.

I find it hard to accept friend requests after I beat someone. Usually it's salty BS.

Now and then I accept it and they don't message me, thankfully. I guess they just wanted more players on their friends list.

Rosenskjold

Sometimes people's luck in arena is just unbearable, this super lucky rng, plus a full dmg crackle ended up winning him the game, smh, this game sometimes..

6UnZMuk.jpg

There's no way I'm playing arena until only standard packs are in it, I'll play wild but for competitive purposes I have no interest in more gvg packs when new spansions on the horizon

Danj

We went over this before, those 3 leggys aren't necessary. I went something like 15-5 yesterday to r7 and only pulled my boom once, don't have tiri and sylvanas never really mattered. Just sub those three for some shredders, a true silver, equalities for consec combos, loathed, hell even a Murloc knight is a good 6 drop. It's a great deck type not bc of the leggys, but bc paladwin has so many broken cheap cards that work amazing together, like mad sci/avenge/minibot/nerubian, muster/knife juggs/hero power, etc

OK, I'll give it a go with Tirion and Sylvanas replaced by shredders.

EDIT: There aren't actually any secrets in that deck, so why are there Mad Scientists?

EDIT 2: oh wait I'm an idiot, avenge is a secret.

EDIT 3: mage with Antonidas still beats this deck.

EDIT 4: I also got beaten by some Shaman deck with two Flametongue Totems.

EDIT 5: also doesn't work against another Paladin with Ragnaros.

gutshot

I'm still waiting on my 18 deck slots. Blizzard promised it would be patched into the game prior to the launch of the new expansion.

gutshot

Prior to? I thought it would be at the same time with Standard, expansion, etc.

Nope, Blizzard said "prior to".

More Deck Slots? More Deck Slots!
Yes! More deck slots! Prior to the arrival of Standard we’ve got a buff planned for your Collection Manager! If you’ve unlocked all nine heroes, you’ll also unlock nine more deck slots, raising your total number of deck slots to eighteen.

Top Bottom