• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Apathy

I can't take ladder anymore, not while MC is there. Fuck that card to hell. I'm going to punch my monitor. Between that and aggro decks, this shit takes no brain, you just drop the cards

Wow, the most mvp firewalker I've ever seen, this game is such bullshit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think this month is the least I've actually played the game, just waited for quests to pile up(and actually missed out on some which I never do) and am currently at 8 and 4 stars. Might try to get 7 but I don't feel like going for 5 this time.

Depending on what happens with standard, I might try to actually hit legend next month with secret pally to see how easy it really is.

Apathy

but then it would be just a coin lol.

Should be, that's already an advantage. The fact on turn 1 you can bust out a 5 mana minion is just crazy.

A better change might be to restore 2 mana crystals rather than just giving 2 mana crystals.

That said, I don't know if Innervate needs a nerf now that the combo will be done away with soon.

That is also doable.

Man I better see a nerf list tomorrow.

I doubt we'll see it tomorrow, sadly. It'll be on or after they do the media invite thing.

Apathy

Some mage I'm playing must be watching kibler play his mirror image mage, cause it's basically the same thing just done badly

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Man I better see a nerf list tomorrow.
Fat chance
laugh.gif

Apathy

Monkey decks are a lot of fun to play (specially in casual). Really makes the game fun again with some wild crazy shenanigans

Ridli

Bleh, no chance to make 5 this month. My dice are bad and I keep going from god-curve to hero power on turn 2/3. I shouldn't have put off my climb this month. Anecdotal, but this feels like a much tougher end of month than the last few.

Whatevs. New month coming up. I want to try rogue, but I'm a bit confused - which is the "slow miracle" deck? I see conflicting lists which are either including boom/loatheb (and I thought this was supposed to be a standard list) or are just maly-rogue with pillagers/auctioneers.

Apathy

Lol playing my elise deck, and shes the last one in the deck two games in a row. This last one she was there with 2 excavated evils me and the other guy were passing back and forth. That guy must have been wondering what kind of deck I was running the whole game.

the last day of the month is extremely tryhard, i wouldn't worry about losing today, everyone's busting out full on cheese to get their last ranks

I get so close to rank 8 but then I lose a game. Then another. I've been stuck at rank at 9 for a few days going no higher or lower. Ah well, it's the best I've done on ladder in a long time so I'm happy with it.

Apathy

Just met the luckiest player ever. Won 3 jousts in a row.

damnit, no one lets me finish playing my monkey. I work so hard to finally get it they just concede

Apathy

Well hope everyone had a good February season on the ladder and got some good stuff. Let's all hope this is the last season we have to deal with secret paladin and combo druid, Ben Brode permitting

Just had a rend blackhand from a monkey win me a game. How many people can say that?

Papercuts

Welp, winstreaked to rank 6 as secret pally.

Maybe I will just make it to 5. Not like I'm thinking here.

Papercuts

XGxKcDi.png

100% winrate in the last hour of playing to get from 8 to 5.

I am disgusted in myself and this deck.

Apathy

Haha, omg, rogue decided to use gang up on my elise. I got him down to 1 hp and he busts out a reno to do nothing, because he still had my cards in his deck. Why would you do that? His whole deck was weird because he was running 2x vanish, sludge, healbot, assassinate and deadly poison.

Papercuts

Haha, omg, rogue decided to use gang up on my elise. I got him down to 1 hp and he busts out a reno to do nothing, because he still had my cards in his deck. Why would you do that? His whole deck was weird because he was running 2x vanish, sludge, healbot, assassinate and deadly poison.

I guess you would try to gang up reno, but that card seems like it would constantly backfire like that.

Apathy

I guess you would try to gang up reno, but that card seems like it would constantly backfire like that.

well like I said, he was already running doubles of a bunch of other things. To try to spend them before you need reno is going to be mighty hard, specially if they don't want to come out of the deck.

fertygo

So I'm frustated the game, so I'm fucking around with my barebone account at asia server, I must unlock the heroes and shit, and I'm having fun in free arena

and..

sGodm13.jpg

are you fucking kidding me, I need this for my primary not at here

SMH

Eddie Bax

Winstreak got me up 3 ranks after just trying to gain one rank for the next tier of chest. Feels like a good finish to a month where I barely played ladder.

Also, added a few people from EU server who listed their tags in the preceding pages.

I'm EddieBax#1403 on both NA and EU. Generally on late evenings Eastern NA time/early morning EU server time, although I can be on earlier on weekends.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Tried to Secret Palidin streak up from 9 to 5. Got to 7. Now it's time to sleep. I'd like to have a job tomorrow so I can keep playing Hearthstone. It was a mind numbingly boring experience. It didn't even feel fun. It's like some deck you play when you're trying to work and play at the same time. Not something you sit and dedicate all your attention to. Hell, the most difficult match ups were against other Secret Paladin.

Can't wait for Standard I guess.

Mulgrok

Kripp just demonstrated that he is one of the vegans that don't know that corn is a grass. He said that ranchers feed cattle corn instead of grass. The ignorance makes me sad.

Kettch

I really should have started playing Reno earlier. Not only am I having way more success than with secret paladin/tempo mage, up to rank 177 now, but the pure satisfaction of an opponent offensively well playing before getting hit with a molten giant and reno is priceless.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kripp just demonstrated that he is one of the vegans that don't know that corn is a grass. He said that ranchers feed cattle corn instead of grass. The ignorance makes me sad.

Pedantic much?

chiliboy

Hello all :)
I started HS in the beginning of february and I'm hooked. I've been slowly learning the ropes of the game and just finished heroic naxx, heroic LoE and heroic BRM!
Got to rank 19 just for the card back and been doing my first two arena runs aswell.
I have been reading a lot of the guides linked in this OT and I'm really thirsty to become better - I have a couple of questions though:

1. Which type of deck is recommended (for a beginner) to use in ladder this month?

2. Does it matter which streams of Trump I watch? Are there others that have good streams/YT that explain drafting in Arena and playing etc? Seems like most streams I've caught have been a lot of offtopic and blabbering..

3. Tilt/rage - Are there any good tips to offset this? The first arena I did I got to 6/3 which is OK, I had pretty OK mage deck thanks to heartharena app. Second arena I had to pick between priest/warlock/warrior so I took priest and oh boy... I raged so hard. Terrible picks all around, no removals offered, no clerics offered, really bad. I got 2 wins 3 losses and I just flew off the handle, I did not recognise myself :( I try to take my time on turns and play around class cards etc but it did not help, I got pummeled..

4. any general tips for a newbie?

Thanks for reading all this!

Hello all :)
I started HS in the beginning of february and I'm hooked. I've been slowly learning the ropes of the game and just finished heroic naxx, heroic LoE and heroic BRM!
Got to rank 19 just for the card back and been doing my first two arena runs aswell.
I have been reading a lot of the guides linked in this OT and I'm really thirsty to become better - I have a couple of questions though:

1. Which type of deck is recommended (for a beginner) to use in ladder this month?

2. Does it matter which streams of Trump I watch? Are there others that have good streams/YT that explain drafting in Arena and playing etc? Seems like most streams I've caught have been a lot of offtopic and blabbering..

3. Tilt/rage - Are there any good tips to offset this? The first arena I did I got to 6/3 which is OK, I had pretty OK mage deck thanks to heartharena app. Second arena I had to pick between priest/warlock/warrior so I took priest and oh boy... I raged so hard. Terrible picks all around, no removals offered, no clerics offered, really bad. I got 2 wins 3 losses and I just flew off the handle, I did not recognise myself :( I try to take my time on turns and play around class cards etc but it did not help, I got pummeled..

1. Aggro/zoo decks are usually cheaper than control so they are an easy way to go through ranks on a cheaper budget

2. Trump has some good f2p videos. You can also watch kolento. Those are the only two that I know of that would be good to watch. Noxious isn't bad as well. Oh yea idk if Strifecro has any youtube videos but he would also be another one to watch

3. Just take a break. Getting 2-3 wins in arena means you break even I believe so it isnt that bad

4. Don't tilt

manhack

Tilt and getting salty is a huge factor in whether you can enjoy this game or not. At some point you have to turn off your emotions. At the end of the day, the game is filled with countless answers to whatever you play and your opponents will draw into those answers a lot.

Damage, removal and board clears at the right/wrong time can be absolutely game winning and currently a lot of cards (shredder, Boom) can screw you over with RNG big time.

I try to brush it off. It is not easy, but if you make the effort you will have more fun.

peakish

Take a break if things go poorly and try to laugh at being beaten by someone who got very lucky. It's just not worth it to get mad at something that will happen a lot, and often in your favour although you're less likely to remember it.

Also, the pressure is really high on the ladder in the early season so expect getting beaten by a lot of way better deck's for the next week or so.

I follow Brian Kibler who is an inspiration for good manners and laughing with bullshit misfortunes :) also plays fun decks.

chiliboy

1. Aggro/zoo decks are usually cheaper than control so they are an easy way to go through ranks on a cheaper budget

2. Trump has some good f2p videos. You can also watch kolento. Those are the only two that I know of that would be good to watch. Noxious isn't bad as well. Oh yea idk if Strifecro has any youtube videos but he would also be another one to watch

3. Just take a break. Getting 2-3 wins in arena means you break even I believe so it isnt that bad

4. Don't tilt

Tilt and getting salty is a huge factor in whether you can enjoy this game or not. At some point you have to turn off your emotions. At the end of the day, the game is filled with countless answers to whatever you play and your opponents will draw into those answers a lot.

Damage, removal and board clears at the right/wrong time can be absolutely game winning and currently a lot of cards (shredder, Boom) can screw you over with RNG big time.

I try to brush it off. It is not easy, but if you make the effort you will have more fun.

Take a break if things go poorly and try to laugh at being beaten by someone who got very lucky. It's just not worth it to get mad at something that will happen a lot, and often in your favour although you're less likely to remember it.

Also, the pressure is really high on the ladder in the early season so expect getting beaten by a lot of way better deck's for the next week or so.

I follow Brian Kibler who is an inspiration for good manners and laughing with bullshit misfortunes :) also plays fun decks.

Thank you so much everyone for fast and good replies, I will read through them and take the advice to heart :)

I will hold off on ranked for a week or two then until it calms down. I have bought card packs to catch up to everyone so I have a pretty good collection so far, any good tips for which type of zoo/aggro decks are good for a beginner like me? Face hunter/ zoolock?

peakish

Thank you so much everyone for fast and good replies, I will read through them and take the advice to heart :)

I will hold off on ranked for a week or two then until it calms down. I have bought card packs to catch up to everyone so I have a pretty good collection so far, any good tips for which type of zoo/aggro decks are good for a beginner like me? Face hunter/ zoolock?
To add to my post (I edited it in too late), when starting out a few months ago I thought Trump's introduction to classes and basic Hearthstone concepts was a great resource. If you haven't seen them. I think the evolved decks he presents at the end of the segments are a bit old (no Grand Tournament or newest Adventure cards IIRC) but they could give some more ideas of where to go, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjtRokhpvM&list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

chiliboy

To add to my post (I edited it in too late), when starting out a few months ago I thought Trump's introduction to classes and basic Hearthstone concepts was a great resource. If you haven't seen them. I think the evolved decks he presents at the end of the segments are a bit old (no Grand Tournament or newest Adventure cards IIRC) but they could give some more ideas of where to go, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjtRokhpvM&list=PLvEIxIeBRKSjprrvlbAcbVjzHsnH9PjDX

Oh that is so great, totally missed that actually :O thank you!

face hunter is most likely cheaper. There is a post on reddit about a guy getting legend w an aggro paladin deck on f2p account. so you can probably check that one out.

chiliboy

face hunter is most likely cheaper. There is a post on reddit about a guy getting legend w an aggro paladin deck on f2p account. so you can probably check that one out.

Okay I'll check out face hunter builds on google then :) I need to get myself some paladin cards I think... I have so few :O but I will check out that aswell, thanks!

No worries! If you're in EU, feel free to add me if you need to spectate for a quest or whatnot. toppform#2960

Awesome! :) Ill add you right away.

do not watch trump if you want to get better at arena.

why not? :) Ill watch him as general intro then - who do you suggest to watch for arena tips and strategies? shadybunny? hafu?

Dragner

I continue my trend of crappy epic rewards with golden beneath the grounds. At least the commons were good (golden cruel taskmaster and slam).

Pooya

^ that's a cool card back, not sure how it would tie into an expansion though (probably doesn't)

----------------

another months, another kodo rider. This is the third kodo rider I got.

1456825566-3.jpg

---------------

Rememer that pretty good paladin draft from yesterday? well, it exceeded my expectations. I don't remember how I lost that one game.

1456825444-1.jpg

loot, not legendary of course, never lucky:

1456825432-2.jpg

I've been quite impressed with crowd favorite in this deck, lol. Combined with keepers and Dark Iron Dwarfs I destroyed everything. I never even needed Tirion, people just conceded when I play him...

My advice, take as many uldamans and Dark Irons you can get, they are really good. I don't need consec with these guys. lol

My two last games were against a mage with a ridiculous draft, every time opened with two snow chuggers, it was a huge pain. Second time he almost beat me, Guardian of Kings MVP came and the game turned around. It was close, I probably eliminated that guy at 11 wins LOL.

Top Bottom