• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Not seeing much aggro on the ladder atm. I took a couple days off and expected the worst. I think I lost to 1 aggro druid and 1 aggro rogue, 2 tempo mages, 1 midrange druid, and 2 control priest (because some reason my luck was piss poor vs these dragon priests), and 1 control warrior. 8 losses and only 2 to actual aggro decks. I think my anti-aggro oil rogue deck lived up to its name.

I did slowly make some alterations to fit a slower meta though. Ended up going 13-8. Not bad tbh. I'll take a 62% winrate for a new deck in the legend ranks. I also climbed about 1300 ranks.

I've been playing this for the past 3 weeks and am really enjoying it. I have a decent zoolock deck that's gotten me to rank 14 in the past season - not great I know but pretty good for my limited card collection I guess. I bought Naxx and spent all of my gold on classic card packs as it seemed like a better investment than Arena as I only got 2 wins when I tried for free. I'm not planning on buying any packs but may purchase BRM. My only legendary is Alexstraza which I got from a pack - I was using a mage deck with Alex but it didn't work too well in ranked and I topped out at 19 before I switched to zoo.

I've only crafted a Doomguard for my zoo deck using the extra dust from crafting for the first time. I've disenchanted some epics and rares that don't seem to be good in the current meta and I have about 500 dust accumulated.

I'm enjoying playing ranked the most and want to try to build a more competitive deck. I'm not sure whether to invest my dust in rare's and commons to improve my zoo deck, invest the dust in rares and commons to build a cheap face hunter deck, or save dust for a legendary. For zoolock I would be crafting Implosion x 2, another Doomguard, another Knife Juggler, and another Defender of Argus. For face hunter I would craft Eaglehorn Bow x 2, another Knife Juggler, and commons from GvG and TGT that I'm missing. If I saved for a legendary it would be for Dr Boom or possibly Mal Ganis. Any advice on what I should do with my dust would be appreciated.

I've been playing this for the past 3 weeks and am really enjoying it. I have a decent zoolock deck that's gotten me to rank 14 in the past season - not great I know but pretty good for my limited card collection I guess. I bought Naxx and spent all of my gold on classic card packs as it seemed like a better investment than Arena as I only got 2 wins when I tried for free. I'm not planning on buying any packs but may purchase BRM. My only legendary is Alexstraza which I got from a pack - I was using a mage deck with Alex but it didn't work too well in ranked and I topped out at 19 before I switched to zoo.

I've only crafted a Doomguard for my zoo deck using the extra dust from crafting for the first time. I've disenchanted some epics and rares that don't seem to be good in the current meta and I have about 500 dust accumulated.

I'm enjoying playing ranked the most and want to try to build a more competitive deck. I'm not sure whether to invest my dust in rare's and commons to improve my zoo deck, invest the dust in rares and commons to build a cheap face hunter deck, or save dust for a legendary. For zoolock I would be crafting Implosion x 2, another Doomguard, another Knife Juggler, and another Defender of Argus. For face hunter I would craft Eaglehorn Bow x 2, another Knife Juggler, and commons from GvG and TGT that I'm missing. If I saved for a legendary it would be for Dr Boom or possibly Mal Ganis. Any advice on what I should do with my dust would be appreciated.

craft boom as your first legendary or just try and get him from gvg packs

Cat Party

Craft the rares and commons you need to make your deck. Don't save your dust for a legendary when you're still new.

Owzers

i used my expiring amazon coins to get 15 packs, first time i have had that many packs since TGT when i bought 22. Two legendaries and two epics.

Shield Slam
Far Sight
Tinkmaster
Bloodmage Thalnos

even my good luck is iffy, but the dust is great. Had to edit out the complainy tone since my draws are usually bad so anything non-rare is good. I was just hoping for something i could use.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
craft boom as your first legendary or just try and get him from gvg packs

Yep, Dr. Boom is so good it's run in all kinds of decks, there's a reason why it's called Dr. balanced. So yeah craft Dr.Boom ASAP
misc-shopkeep.gif

ViviOggi

Craft the rares and commons you need to make your deck. Don't save your dust for a legendary when you're still new.
Yeah but I wouldn't craft commons, awful rates and you'll have pulled them from packs within like a week.

Boom is stupid but he won't help you when you're still missing key epics and even rares.

ViviOggi

i used my expiring amazon coins to get 15 packs, first time i have had that many packs since TGT when i bought 22. Two legendaries and two epics.

Shield Slam
Far Sight
Tinkmaster
Bloodmage Thalnos

even my good luck is iffy, but the dust is great. Had to edit out the complainy tone since my draws are usually bad so anything non-rare is good. I was just hoping for something i could use.
Breh average is 1 legendary in 20 packs and Thalnos is good in Rogue and Freeze Mage

manhack

The funny thing is that I actually thought that the cap on secrets was 3 when I first saw this card. I thought people would run noble, avenge, and one other... and the card would be pretty much in line with savannah highmane.

I think a 3 secret deck could work and the upside would be more consistent draws before MC and less reliance on actually drawing MC. This can let you build the deck more aggressive or more towards controlling the early game.

Yeah some of the more midrange versions run 2 or 3 secrets only. There was a #1 legend version that just had noble sac and avenge built into a midrange shell.

Majine

Banned
Holy shit, did they finally fix that annoying Battle.net where your taskbar shortcut would open up a second app instead of, you know, the one in my taskbar?

Getting hella frustrated with dragom priest lately. It seems more often than not I don't draw what I need and have shit hand/no dragon to activate my cards. It's a shame too, deck is fairly fun to play but too inconsistent.

vayrian and mysterious challenger are pretty similar cards but one is a legendary that costs 10 and another is an epic that costs six and both have similar stats is what confuses me

Dahbomb

vayrian and mysterious challenger are pretty similar cards but one is a legendary that costs 10 and another is an epic that costs six and both have similar stats is what confuses me
Varian has an insanely powerful effect. It's stated appropriately for its cost. 7/7 body is worth 7 mana of stats (slightly under these days), drawing 3 cards is worth 4-5 mana (Druid has a 5 mana spell that draws them 3 cards by the way) and then if those cards are minions they are played instantly (which is more value). Varian is godlike in a hypothetical Warrior deck that doesn't have a lot of Battlecry minions and instead has lots of beefy minions + taunts. It can win you the game. Overall I would say Varian is worth 12-13 mana on average.

Mysterious Challenger on the other hand is a grossly overpowered card and nothing should be compared to it. MC can draw up to 5 very specific cards and play them instantly while his stats are just 1 less than the standard (13 stats of Sea Reaver/Boulderfist Ogre/Mech Bear Cat compared to 12 of MC). If you get 5 secrets from it that alone is worth 5 mana but the fact that they are drawn from deck and played for free makes the worth more than just 5 mana. So MC is a 6 mana card that is worth far above 12 mana.

Not even Dr Balanced is worth that much... Dr Balanced is a 7 mana card that has the stats of a 9 mana card (around the same as Cenarius though Cenarius doesn't die to BGH so it has that going for it).

This after saying that it wasn't good because it was 6-mana IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I remember correctly there were a ton of protest as soon as MC is revealed, calling it madder scientist. It's not hard to see why it would be OP as fuck such insane value.

But get used to it. Blizzard won't nerf it for six months. And when they do they will nuke it from orbit to the point it will never see play ever again.

Dahbomb

Yeah it won't get touched for 6 more months at least. Better to hope for better cards in the next adventure and expansions that can help counter it.

Though as history has shown only two things happen:

1) New more over powered cards show up that enable a different kind of bull shit.

2) The counters they present aren't enough to deal with the tier 1 decks.

This was the case with Starving Buzzard Hunter, Miracle Rogue, Undertaker Hunter and Grim Patron Warrior. These decks remained dominant until their premium cards were nerfed.

playing secret paladin to grind out a daily

why would anyone play any other deck. It has the best cards in the game and you get to play them on curve every game. I can watch Bob Ross work his magic while I earn that sweet quest gold without even looking at the game.

Dreavus

why would anyone play any other deck. It has the best cards in the game and you get to play them on curve every game. I can watch Bob Ross work his magic while I earn that sweet quest gold without even looking at the game.

"It's your world, you can do what you want with it."

manhack

But I'm having so much fun with Burgle Dragon Rogue right now

Dahbomb

One thing I don't get is why doesn't the Aggro Druid deck run Argent Horseriders instead of Naxxramus? It feels like the only creature in that deck that isn't super aggressive.

I think I will try it out tonight on Ladder and see how it works.

manhack

One thing I don't get is why doesn't the Aggro Druid deck run Argent Horseriders instead of Naxxramus? It feels like the only creature in that deck that isn't super aggressive.

I think I will try it out tonight on Ladder and see how it works.

Just the threat it provides if left unchecked for a couple turns.

Dahbomb

Just the threat it provides if left unchecked for a couple turns.
Usually in Aggro Druid they wait until it's a 4/4 then attack face with it. At that point it can still be removed easily. The Argent Horserider on the other does 2 damage straight up when played on curve, can be used to remove something or do damage from hand. It's also more annoying to remove in more cases.

Pooya

I think Blizzard wanted Aspirant and Living Roots to be defensive early game for druid but they ended up being the most hyper aggro cards around...sure they have dual use but looks like aggression works better. It blows my mind that they thought a 1 mana card that can hit face for 2 was a good idea. Like isn't that best damage card for mana in the game? LOL

jgminto

I think Blizzard wanted Aspirant and Living Roots to be defensive early game for druid but they ended up being the most hyper aggro cards around...sure they have dual use but looks like aggression works better. It blows my mind that they thought a 1 mana card that can hit face for 2 was a good idea. Like isn't that best damage card for mana in the game? LOL

409.gif

Or any of the 1 Mana, 2 attack minions.

manhack

Damage, no. Creating 2 1/1's for 1 mana...that's pretty good though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There is no trade off for any of the choose options on Druid cards. It is not a very good piece of design.

Pooya

forgot about smite but that just shows how much better roots is still. Smite is a purely removal card for priest too.

We don't have a 1 mana minion with 2 attack and charge. only deckhand which has a condition.

I don't think it was a good idea for roots to be able to hit face. It doesn't make any sense, if it couldn't hit face it was more of a defensive card. You use it for removal or use the 1/1s to trade in place of running chow. They messed up here, dual use cards are really bad for this game, they always work better for aggro than to counter aggro obviously, muster is another one.

jgminto

forgot about smite but that just shows how much better roots is still. Smite is a purely removal card for priest too.

We don't have a 1 mana minion with 2 attack and charge. only deckhand which has a condition.

I don't think it was a good idea for roots to be able to hit face. It doesn't make any sense, if it couldn't hit face it was more of a defensive card. You use it for removal or use the 1/1s to trade in place of running chow. They messed up here, dual use cards are really bad for this game, they always work better for aggro than to counter aggro obviously, muster is another one.

Would you ever actually use the spell form to hit face though? Unless it's necessary for lethal it would always be better to summon the saplings.

Almost like if you hand out a bunch of bullshit cards like Savage Combatant, Living Roots, Darnasuss Aspirant or Mysterious Challenger and Murloc Knight those decks are going to get played a lot.

But yes Roots shouldn't be able to hit face. It's like, the best 1 cost card.

Would you ever actually use the spell form to hit face though? Unless it's necessary for lethal it would always be better to summon the saplings.

Considering people use Consecrate for lethal all the time, yeah you would, since Druids have a very reliable ability to shit out a fuckton of damage on an empty board...a combo that costs 9 mana, conveniently enough

Pooya

Happens quite often, after emperor it's a zero mana card too, you can't tell if you're really safe from combo these days. If you count for a discounted combo, half a combo, double savage roar, or some combination with roots, it's a mess right now. FoN + Roar was fine in base game, the other cards added since just makes the thing really awful.

ricelord

woot finally hit rank 5, what a painful ride.

edit: and my first game in rank 5 is a dam xmas pally, and again iron juggernaut saved my ass.

Dahbomb

Roots shouldn't be able to hit face just like Wrath.

It being an option already makes it strong but when it has two good options on both front it makes it a ridiculous offensive card.

Top Bottom