• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

played ladder today

everyfin was paladwin

double sea giants for life i guess

too bad equality/peacekeeper/uldaman/everyfin/everycardinthatclass exists to counter it

Portugeezer

I will not shed a single tear when they nerf all these OP as fuck cards. Alex should not do 15 damage in any way. You can go from winning convincingly to dead cause of 1 lucky card.

Same. Pisses me off now that I know CHANGE IS COMING!

Blizz announced it kind of early, at least that's how it feels.

_DrMario_

God I'm playing Ranked for quest gold and it's just...

132.gif

Pooya

Just drafted druid for arena, got Dr. Boom. It's looking alright. A bit lacking on 4 drops though unfortunately and a little top heavy with 2 Krakens. Picked up innervate, maybe that helps.

ok, excavated evil is great in aggro priest. i thought it was a silly card before. but when your whole board is charge and cheap minions and you're going face, clearing the board of 3 health minions when zoo floods is amazing. and it shuffles in your opponents deck but who cares; they either won't play it, or if they do it will hurt them more than it hurts you since you're not trading anyway. definitely worlds better than holy nova for AP

going with more of a ressurrect deck now, really heavy on the charges, double arcane and leeroy since they work sooo well with ressurrects, as does jeeves

almost makes me want to put velens back in, since any velens char would survive a 4 hit excavated evil....tempting, but i'm not sure i want games to last long enough to do that..

Apathy

ok, excavated evil is great in aggro priest. i thought it was a silly card before. but when your whole board is charge and cheap minions and you're going face, clearing the board of 3 health minions when zoo floods is amazing. and it shuffles in your opponents deck but who cares; they either won't play it, or if they do it will hurt them more than it hurts you since you're not trading anyway. definitely worlds better than holy nova for AP

going with more of a ressurrect deck now, really heavy on the charges, double arcane and leeroy since they work sooo well with ressurrects, as does jeeves

almost makes me want to put velens back in, since any velens char would survive a 4 hit excavated evil....tempting, but i'm not sure i want games to last long enough to do that..

I love it, just wish it cost 1 mana less. You end up hurting your minions plus give it to your opponent, it's already really costly

I love it, just wish it cost 1 mana less. You end up hurting your minions plus give it to your opponent, it's already really costly

yeah, that's why its weirdly good in an aggro/ressurrect deck, since i can throw down a charge after it if i have enough mana, or just hit in with my chars then throw it down. lightbomb is obv better but i don't want two lightbombs in my aggro deck, this kinda works out better since it wrecks zoo and paladin pretty well, and especially aggro shaman decks, screw your double 2/3 taunts

god i love ressurrecting an arcane/wolfrider/leeroy/jungle panther

Apathy

watched strifecro play his reno mage, wow, it was crazy how good he is with that deck, and it's saved him so many times. I love (and sometimes hate) Reno. It'll be sad when he goes out.

watched strifecro play his reno mage, wow, it was crazy how good he is with that deck, and it's saved him so many times. I love (and sometimes hate) Reno. It'll be sad when he goes out.

I've been cobbling together my own Reno decks for my free account. I'm really lacking in cards for most classes outside of Mage and Paladin so I have to be creative. I've come to appreciate the card, even though it is certainly frustrating to get Reno'd.

Fireblend

Banned
Can anyone take a look at my Warlock deck and give me some pointers to maybe improve it? I'm getting absolutely destroyed, even on casual and on rank 20 :p

https://hearthstats.net/decks/shitty-warlock--9?locale=en

Note: I do not have a single Imp-losion, and do not have a second Defender of Argus (replaced with Belcher) nor a second Doomguard (Leeroy).

I wouldn't ever dream to climb with it, but I can't even get 5 wins to finish a quest D: managed to win 2 out of 7 games so far.

Apathy

I've been cobbling together my own Reno decks for my free account. I'm really lacking in cards for most classes outside of Mage and Paladin so I have to be creative. I've come to appreciate the card, even though it is certainly frustrating to get Reno'd.

His is not so much f2p friendly. Hes got an archmage, sylvanas, kel, and some epics thrown in there.

Dahbomb

Can anyone take a look at my Warlock deck and give me some pointers to maybe improve it? I'm getting absolutely destroyed, even on casual and on rank 20 :p

https://hearthstats.net/decks/shitty-warlock--9?locale=en

Note: I do not have a single Imp-losion, and do not have a second Defender of Argus (replaced with Belcher) nor a second Doomguard (Leeroy).

I wouldn't ever dream to climb with it, but I can't even get 5 wins to finish a quest D: managed to win 2 out of 7 games so far.
You have no good 4 drop, needs Shredder in there or Void Caller.

Haunted

Ran into two Reno decks already today :( is there a defense against Reno?
Reno decks are specifically tailored to beat aggressive decks with a low reach, so if you're using a fast deck that can run out of steam quickly, Reno decks are supposed to be favoured against you.

Conserving your damage for a surprising burst damage turn, or playing more for board control (to maximise your possible reach) are your best bet with those kinds of decks assuming they get their draws.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Reno decks are specifically tailored to beat aggressive decks with a low reach, so if you're using a fast deck that can run out of steam quickly, Reno decks are supposed to be favoured against you.

Conserving your damage for a surprising burst damage turn, or playing more for board control (to maximise your possible reach) are your best bet with those kinds of decks assuming they get their draws.

Midrange in general is pretty strong against Reno decks. Especially something like Raptor Rogue that's running stuff that's both strong and sticky. The more resilient your board is the less it matters that your opponent heals to full. If they can't deal with your board then healing means jack.

Fireblend

Banned
Is really worth it to have Brann to only synergize with Peddler?

actually asking

It synergizes with the attack buff minions as well (and Dr. Boom, but that's highly unlikely to ever trigger), but I see your point. What do you think it might be worth subbing with?

jgminto

Is really worth it to have Brann to only synergize with Peddler?

actually asking
Brann is actually really good in Zoolock, I've been running it in Kolento's version. Playing it before a Defender or even an Abusive Seargent can have an incredible impact and you have the combo with Loatheb to totally lock out board clears or Mage burst.

fertygo

It synergizes with the attack buff minions as well (and Dr. Boom, but that's highly unlikely to ever trigger), but I see your point. What do you think it might be worth subbing with?
I don't know like I said I'm actually asking lol
Brann is actually really good in Zoolock, I've been running it in Kolento's version. Playing it before a Defender or even an Abusive Seargent can have an incredible impact and you have the combo with Loatheb to totally lock out board clears or Mage burst.

I see, man Lotheb die before I ever use it ;__;

Btw there should've spell lock alternative, even if its only raise the mana requirement to 2 its can be big

Tarazet

I don't know like I said I'm actually asking lol

Brann is definitely good in Zoo, try to avoid playing him without getting an immediate result though. Never forget, Zoo is not an aggro deck! It is one of the best control decks there is. It just does its work with a shitload of minions instead of spells. You used to be able to have bots throw crap on the screen and farm golden portraits with an especially aggressive version of the deck, but the meta is not so simple any longer.

Tarazet

Well the good part about so many Warlocks is that Maly Rogue absolutely destroys them.

I have yet to find a Rogue deck that I can win with. I even crafted Edwin thinking that I could put him to work.. nope. I seem to lose to everything, whether it's one of Dog's Miracle decks, the slow Miracle, Malygos, Oil, Raptor. It's discouraging, because I love the theme of the class. Valeera goes on the shelf until Standard.

manhack

I have yet to find a Rogue deck that I can win with. I even crafted Edwin thinking that I could put him to work.. nope. I seem to lose to everything, whether it's one of Dog's Miracle decks, the slow Miracle, Malygos, Oil, Raptor. It's discouraging, because I love the theme of the class. Valeera goes on the shelf until Standard.

Almost done with golden Rogue. I'll post what I played a little later. Need to grind out 2 more wins.

fertygo

Got Ilidan from pack

Why

Why

can I get Legendary that actually can I build around

for god sake

Baron Geddon and now Ilidan, I can't use these mofo

why no Ragnaros or Tirion :(

ricelord

Got Ilidan from pack

Why

Why

can I get Legendary that actually can I build around

for god sake

Baron Geddon and now Ilidan, I can't use these mofo

why no Ragnaros or Tirion :(

baron is very good in control decks, but llidan on the other hand.... not so much,maybe if BGH get nelf or he get a buffed hp wise he might see play.

ViviOggi

How much Rogue have you played overall? It has arguably the most unique playstyle in the game, so it can take a while until you really feel comfortable with it.

It sounds like you've been switching decks a lot, but I guarantee that it's not the lists that are the problem (well except for Raptor which is garbage). If you want to get good with Rogue I suggest sticking to one deck and just grinding it out. Personally I've been liking Lifecoach's Slow Miracle and the Malygod list Dog was playing recently.

manhack

Just hit 500 wins with Rogue and with that I now have 500 wins and Golden Portraits for all classes.

hWbTDeD.jpg

Made the final push the last few days with a Malygos Rogue I saw being played by SuperJJ, Senfglas and Dog over the last few weeks. This version is SuperJJ's most recent, but there are a few variations.

I also had a lot of luck with a Mech Rogue that feels a lot like a combo of Mech Mage and Oil Rogue (for good reason).

I spent a lot of time before LoE playing StrifeCro's Pirate Rogue because it was fun and effective.

I also played Oil Rogue, Raptor Rogue, Reno Rogue and Control Rogue.

At this point I believe that some version of Malygos Rogue will probably be very strong in Standard even though we don't know what the new expansion will look like.

Now that I have all golden portraits I'm not sure what other goals I can focus on. I have hit Legend already and may try again with the new expansion/Standard.

Pooya

^congrats, I don't think I will ever get to golden priest. Shaman has my interest in standard hopefully. I still need a bit for my rogue, druid and warlock. I can't play just one thing for a long time, I play a different class every month. Even then these are on different servers so I will probably never get all 9 classes golden on one account, oh well.
---------------------
Summoning stone vs llidan vs Violet Teacher?

I would say Teacher > stone > Illidan. Poor Ilidan.

----------------

Not too impressed with Dr. Boom in arena, unlike Tirion it doesn't immediately win the games, it takes a turn or two which is a bit underwhelming. He's ok though...

Xanathus

Congrats on all golden portraits. I'm a little hesitant on "grinding" towards that because once you've achieved a golden portrait it kinda locks you out from playing that class on ladder since you're no longer working towards a goal. Feels better to try and work on all the wins equally across all classes.

One thing about the 2 separate Standard and Wild ladders is that it makes it easy to keep one ladder as a "smurfing" ladder where you intentionally derank to prey on weak decks/players, while the other ladder is used for your ranked rewards.

manhack

Congrats on all golden portraits. I'm a little hesitant on "grinding" towards that because once you've achieved a golden portrait it kinda locks you out from playing that class on ladder since you're no longer working towards a goal. Feels better to try and work on all the wins equally across all classes.

Yeah once I realized I was close on the last 3: Priest, Shaman and Rogue, then I felt bad playing anything else lol. Glad to get it out of the way.

FeD.nL

From reddit:

5.1/a,: "For the Winter Season Championship Tournament, each player may select cards from any Hearthstone card sets for inclusion in his or her decks. For the Spring Season Championship Tournament, Summer Season Championship Tournament, and Last Call Tournament,each player’s decks may only include cards that are in the current Standard format Hearthstone card sets; cards that are available in the Wild format set but not in the Standard format set may not be used."

This means Standard format won't be used before March 28 and it'll be introduced not later than May 2.

Not exactly shocking news but at least we know we won't have to expect the announcement and release the week following like with LoE.

Edit: Congrats on the portraits!

jgminto

Yeah, I'm gonna take a break from arena. Facing a Mage deck with burst, board clears, Conjurers and fucking Alex at 2/2 is complete bullshit. And I faced an insane Paladin before that. I don't understand how people can lose with these decks.

hollomat

Banned
Yeah, I'm gonna take a break from arena. Facing a Mage deck with burst, board clears, Conjurers and fucking Alex at 2/2 is complete bullshit. And I faced an insane Paladin before that. I don't understand how people can lose with these decks.

Agreed I had what I thought was an amazing pally deck the other day. Went 2-0 then faced 2 insane Mage decks and lost 2 in a row. Just managed to pull of a win the next game with 3 health left against a warrior and after that won 7 in a row no problem then lost again to finish 10-3.

Asbel

How much Rogue have you played overall? It has arguably the most unique playstyle in the game, so it can take a while until you really feel comfortable with it.

It sounds like you've been switching decks a lot, but I guarantee that it's not the lists that are the problem (well except for Raptor which is garbage). If you want to get good with Rogue I suggest sticking to one deck and just grinding it out. Personally I've been liking Lifecoach's Slow Miracle and the Malygod list Dog was playing recently.
Is there a good Rogue deck without Preparation? I have none but would like to play Rogue.

Xanathus

Is there a good Rogue deck without Preparation? I have none but would like to play Rogue.

Aggro ("Backspace") Rogue, Mech Rogue, Tempo Rogue (not sure of the lists but it's basically like an arena deck), Deathrattle Rogue, Pirate Rogue (not sure of the list for this but someone mentioned it above). Basically any Rogue deck that isn't spell heavy can go without Preparation. It's honestly not that important, it's just that minion-based Rogue decks aren't quite as good as other classes.

ViviOggi

A lot of those lists still run Prep, at least the ones I've seen. It may be less important but it's still their strongest tempo tool next to Backstab, and that's what Rogue is all about in the end. Without those you're literally playing arena.

Top Bottom