• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

manhack

I remember testing out the Tempostorm version of "Midrange Shaman." It was gutless and felt like it had no win condition against the massive removal kit of a Tempo Mage. The Bloodlust deck is slightly better, but if I was going to play an OTK combo deck I would just play Druid.

Yeah, the major issue with Shaman has been that every other class does the strategy better. Only recently has Face Shaman been able to give Face Hunter a run for it's money.

Mid-Range/Secret Paladin > Mid-Range Shaman
Freeze Mage > Malygos Shaman
Zoo > Bloodlust Shaman
Mech Mage > Mech Shaman

That said I was able to push rank 3 the month I was focused on Shaman only play. Mech shaman was really strong at the time because it wasn't super popular like Face Shaman is now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's blizzard, there's a high, high chance they will nerf a card that no one had any issue with and still have a card that reddit needs a nerf alone.

There's a nigh-100% chance that a ton of complaints come in that they nerfed Master of Disguise since it's being done for design space instead of current problems with the card.

There will probably be complaints about it for years.

fertygo

I Should prioritize Black Rock first before Explorer right?

Looking to card list, I feel those dragon vastly improve my tiny library and there's decent amount of staple class card.. altho Explorer legendary is way better from what I see. And there's card like Peddler and Entomb

Brann alone can help some cheap deck

Fireblend

Banned
I Should prioritize Black Rock first before Explorer right?

Looking to card list, I feel those dragon vastly improve my tiny library and there's decent amount of staple class card.. altho Explorer legendary is way better from what I see. And there's card like Peddler and Entomb

Brann alone can help some cheap deck

Take a look at what each Adventure offers and compare it with the kind of decks you want to run. I wonder if I would have bought BRM in your position, I got it mostly for the Flamewaker because I really wanted to play Tempo Mage, but looking at what's in LoE I think there's more raw value in there, specially if you plan to play something like Zoo.

fertygo

Take a look at what each Adventure offers and compare it with the kind of decks you want to run. I wonder if I would have bought BRM in your position, I got it mostly for the Flamewaker because I really wanted to play Tempo Mage, but looking at what's in LoE I think there's more raw value in there, specially if you plan to play something like Zoo.

Yeah I kinda wanted play a lock after tired with hunter that can't climb the ladder

After I take a good look, yeah those discover card looks hot

Apathy

There's a nigh-100% chance that a ton of complaints come in that they nerfed Master of Disguise since it's being done for design space instead of current problems with the card.

There will probably be complaints about it for years.

Well I have some issues with that card and stealth in general. Although not played a lot, when it does get played it's usually on a auctioneer and good luck trying to take out that thing efficiently while it's stealthed. I would think a better way would be that the card gave a friendly minion stealth for x number of turns or that it gives stealth while the master of disguised is alive.

Anyone have a recently aggro priest deck that has been fun for them? Doesn't need to necessarily be very successful, just wanting something different for my priest. I have some ideas for how to put together an aggro priest, but would like a starting place so I can branch out from there.
My post history has some decks, I'll post what I'm currently toying with when I'm off work. I got to rank 7 or so in Jan maining it once I crafted Leeroy

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well I have some issues with that card and stealth in general. Although not played a lot, when it does get played it's usually on a auctioneer and good luck trying to take out that thing efficiently while it's stealthed. I would think a better way would be that the card gave a friendly minion stealth for x number of turns or that it gives stealth while the master of disguised is alive.

Making it so Master of Disguise only gives stealth for a single turn is fine. In terms of existing cards that's only really a aignificant nerf with its interaction with Questing Adventurer.

Tarazet

Auctioneer was already nerfed. If it wasn't for Tomb Pillager he would still be unplayable. If you can set up Auctioneer + Coin + Conceal, and you're not in imminent danger of death, you deserve a cookie.

Apathy

Making it so Master of Disguise only gives stealth for a single turn is fine. In terms of existing cards that's only really a aignificant nerf with its interaction with Questing Adventurer.

I'd say a minimum of 2 turns if they ever went that route.

Auctioneer was already nerfed. If it wasn't for Tomb Pillager he would still be unplayable. If you can set up Auctioneer + Coin + Conceal, and you're not in imminent danger of death, you deserve a cookie.

A cookie and a win am i right? cause good luck for certain classes handling a 4 health stealthed minion that now turns into a slot machine with rogue spells.

Tarazet

A cookie and a win am i right? cause good luck for certain classes handling a 4 health stealthed minion that now turns into a slot machine with rogue spells.

You have to spend 6 turns setting up your slot machine and don't have board control at any stage of the game. It's a pretty fragile deck.. aggro has a field day against Miracle.

I can't wait for all these garbage deathrattle minions to leave standard, the more I think about it the more I realize they're by far the most annoying cards in the game.

I can't wait for all these garbage deathrattle minions to leave standard, the more I think about it the more I realize they're by far the most annoying cards in the game.

I hate the RNG cards more than the deathrattles. There's a significant amount of overlap between shitty RNG cards and OP deathrattles (Shredders, Boom Bots), but I generally don't have a problem with deathrattles where you can determine the outcome before you make a play. Haunted Creeper is annoying, but I know exactly what I'm dealing with. Nerubian Egg is a pain in the ass, but I can plan on how to take out a 4/4. There's not a damn thing you can do about surprise Doomsayers or Boom Bots that hit the 1 in 16 chance of killing your big minion or bombing your face for 8 damage giving the other guy easy lethal.

ViviOggi

You know things are bad when the most mellow streamers go on multiple 5-minute rants (Savjz) or get super salty when they otherwise never do (Kolento) on the same day. Next thing you know Trump is gonna use a bad word.

fuzzyset

Do you guys play any other digital card/strategy games? I usually play physical card/board games, but I'm loving the play-anytime aspect of HS. Are there any other good quick games like HS I can play digitally?

I hate the RNG cards more than the deathrattles. There's a significant amount of overlap between shitty RNG cards and OP deathrattles (Shredders, Boom Bots), but I generally don't have a problem with deathrattles where you can determine the outcome before you make a play. Haunted Creeper is annoying, but I know exactly what I'm dealing with. Nerubian Egg is a pain in the ass, but I can plan on how to take out a 4/4. There's not a damn thing you can do about surprise Doomsayers or Boom Bots that hit the 1 in 16 chance of killing your big minion or bombing your face for 8 damage giving the other guy easy lethal.
I actually like Nerubian egg. It's a pain in the ass to deal with but at least it isn't Shredder/Dr.Boom/Belcher levels of "lol just throw it in ur deck who cares ecks dee", you actually need to activate an egg and build your deck around them to some extent.

Haunted Creeper is okay design wise, I just don't like the card. Shredder is just a disgusting card in terms of design.
You know things are bad when the most mellow streamers go on multiple 5-minute rants (Savjz) or get super salty when they otherwise never do (Kolento) on the same day. Next thing you know Trump is gonna use a bad word.
"darn"

manhack

It's funny I saw Savjz complaining multiple times about Divine Favor "punishing you for playing well". If I remember last year he made a Hobgoblin Paladin deck that was extremely dependent on Divine Favor. I guess it is ok when it is your deck. LOL

It's funny I saw Savjz complaining multiple times about Divine Favor "punishing you for playing well". If I remember last year he made a Hobgoblin Paladin deck that was extremely dependent on Divine Favor. I guess it is ok when it is your deck. LOL
I don't see the issue here, do you think everyone that complains about Shredder doesn't use Shredder? Just because you think a card is broken doesn't mean you're being hypocritical if you use it.

Apathy

I don't see the issue here, do you think everyone that complains about Shredder doesn't use Shredder? Just because you think a card is broken doesn't mean you're being hypocritical if you use it.

Exactly, is a legal card that gives you an advantage if played vs putting you at a disadvantage if you aren't running it and so many of your opponents are. At their levels of play you need to do everything you can to stay ahead or at least on par vs your competition.

What happen in both cases?

I absolutely hate Boom Bots and how their RNG can determine the outcome of a game. But they're legal and Dr. Boom is a ridiculous value card, so he's still in most of my decks. There's no reason not to use stuff that's OP in your favor, that doesn't mean that it's not OP.

Dahbomb

I know Dr Boom, Shredder and Mad Scientist are ridiculous.

I have Doom and Shredder in all my tempo decks and Mad Scientist in all Hunter/Mage decks.

I use those cards a lot specifically because I know they are too good not to use. It's like playing with a handicap if you have those cards and don't include them.

Apathy

Sajvz kept running into Paladin curvelords with Divine Favor while playing his usual concede decks and Kolento lost some games with Druid.

Ah OK, thanks.

So I've made my dislike for Alex pretty vocal and greatly hope that gets nerfed, but wanted to see what everyone else's top hated card they think is getting a nerf will be.

Tarazet

Ah OK, thanks.

So I've made my dislike for Alex pretty vocal and greatly hope that gets nerfed, but wanted to see what everyone else's top hated card they think is getting a nerf will be.

Knife Juggler. Token decks really should be good on their own merits and not get the bonus of an insane gnomish scatter-gun for extra value.

Pooya

Getting matched against mages that don't play anything turn 1-2-3 man, you know you're in trouble. I can draft mage decks this stupid. triple flamestrike and poly, after every I had was removed, here comes Ragnaros. LOL, I never had a chance.

Drafted a warlock deck that I thought it had a really good curve with a single void caller and a doom guard, rest of it were normal stuff and a single shadow flame. I was doing very well with it until 8 wins, then this shit happens. I got tilted and messed up the next game against a rogue (which was also really good). Got 8 wins but should have been like 10 instead. :(

My luck seemingly ran out today, my draft as rogue, went straight into an INSANE druid curve and I got awful hand, I had no chance of winning that, this guy had 3 druid of claws, I'm surprised I survived as long as I did.

Now, I won 3 games with this, now against this shaman just now, this guy had like every weapon. He finally ran out of gas when I was at 1 health, my deck doesn't have board clears so it's a bit of struggle. I burgled healing waves LOL. That was a really hard game but I made it. I'm going to stop arena now, today seems like people are crazy good.

Owzers

Ah OK, thanks.

we're going back to basic cards, nerf everything. River Crocolisk comeback.

Pooya

This card game Kolento is playing right now, Faeria, looks really cool. Not 25 bucks for early access cool but looks like a better effort as a competitor than every thing else I've seen. It's odd that digital card game market is still not crowded at all after two years of HS on the market. There are a bunch of indie games like these, other big companies seemingly don't care.

ricelord

o man I was 1 hp from losing a game against a aggro druid but i top deck a deck peddler to which i discovered a goldshire footman to keep my self alive and to win the game.

Ladekabel

This card game Kolento is playing right now, Faeria, looks really cool. Not 25 bucks for early access cool but looks like a better effort as a competitor than every thing else I've seen. It's odd that digital card game market is still not crowded at all after two years of HS on the market. There are a bunch of indie games like these, other big companies seemingly don't care.

That Elder Scrolls card game is still coming, I guess.

fertygo

Ah OK, thanks.

Flamewalker

always fucked me so hard, mage's early game synergy is suoer BS

Its like they use 10+ mana on 3 turn

mxgt

Banned
Getting the last 50 wins as Warrior is a lot of fun with all the
on ladder

I hate this game yet I always keep playing it

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ah OK, thanks.

Implosion is my most hated card, and sadly I don't think it will get touched. Instead it will fester its shittiness in wild warlock decks until the end of time.

Thing gets even stupider as they add minions based on board control ala Sea Giant, Gormok and Seeker.

Top Bottom