• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Apathy

Yup, if i need to draw the fucking monkey, oh at the bottom, if I kill a my opponents deathlord, oh hey, pulls out the monkey and makes me not get the ability, remaining, awesome. It's already so much bullshit to get it in your deck, and you get screwed by the game.

I was thinking about healing wave. I like the way the jousting is done on that card vs every other joust card. Wonder if that type of jousting on a card will be explored more.

In case anyone were wondering, it's this

f17UiST.png

Apathy

hmm now with shadow word pain shrinkmeister might deserve a slot though....i hate hate running card combos in aggro priest and trading, since it has to win fast due to trash card draw unless you double jeeves, but i can't say that isn't super tempting.

i really should find room for brann first tho

Like how often do you run into a 4 or 5 damage minion that is going to give your trouble and shrinkmeister is going to help out though?

I mean I guess if you are running into a lot of of 4 or 5 damage taunts that are a bit pesky to get rid of.I think the deck is fine without the shrinkmeister, and probably not needed. How many turns are your games averaging with the deck?

Like how often do you run into a 4 or 5 damage minion that is going to give your trouble and shrinkmeister is going to help out though?

I mean I guess if you are running into a lot of of 4 or 5 damage taunts that are a bit pesky to get rid of.I think the deck is fine without the shrinkmeister, and probably not needed. How many turns are your games averaging with the deck?

yeah shrink probs doesn't hold weight to matter, since trading isn't something you wanna do a lot of. i think i'll float back to double jeeves though. wins are T5-8. without card draw you can't afford to win in double digit turns, no way, unless you butcher the deck and make it more control, which honestly i don't mind because i gain gold super quickly for a modern non netdeck. im def going brann though, considering shadowbomber and abusive work really well with it, you only need 4 mana for a useful combo, it's worth leaking in

2NXQ9XI.png

tinkering around a lot tonight but i think brann and double jeeves is the way to go
9DrL032.png

Apathy

yeah shrink probs doesn't hold weight to matter, since trading isn't something you wanna do a lot of. i think i'll float back to double jeeves though. wins are T5-8. without card draw you can't afford to win in double digit turns, no way, unless you butcher the deck and make it more control, which honestly i don't mind because i gain gold super quickly for a modern non netdeck. im def going brann though, considering shadowbomber and abusive work really well with it, you only need 4 mana for a useful combo, it's worth leaking in

Yeah, I figured it was low, so shrink will be super situational when you needed the -2 damage to trigger a pain.

As for brann, I don't know what you'll change to get him in, maybe the panther. Just don't kill yourself with the shadowbomber

Yeah, I figured it was low, so shrink will be super situational when you needed the -2 damage to trigger a pain.

As for brann, I don't know what you'll change to get him in, maybe the panther. Just don't kill yourself with the shadowbomber

hero power > brann > shadow bomber > shadow bomber > thank you

lol. yeah, i use panther and one giblin because against some classes, velens or PWS ing those minions the turn after you play them can do work, or allow them to survive a self excavated evil. (for instance, against warrior, giblin is really worthwhile to drop early then buff, execute does work but hey itll do work against anything strong). the stealths are sort of insurance that your buffs are less likely to be dead in your hand early, still needs work tho now that i put AOE in the deck for sure. i dropped the flame jugs for brann for now though, brann is just too good since most of the minions that work with him are cheap cheap, making him an acceptable t4 play

Apathy

Fun fact: face shaman don't like it when i send theirs doom hammer to the museum.

I over drew myself once and burned a card or two doing that but it was so satisfying.

I was able to win a long game with my monkey rogue deck that ended up giving me just the right cards that happen to also be the weirdest cards. My opponent had Rend, Chromaggus, 2 Branns and 2 boombots. I was top decking so I got Cenarius (2 taunts), followed by Icehowl, then the skeleton knight then a second skeleton knight and finally a captain greenskin that gave me just enough of a boost on my dagger to kill my opponent.

I'm been using HSD for a while now and I gotta say, it's a life saver. I'm glad blizzard is ok with it. I Would love, if in game, blizzard kept a running total in your deck collection that said how many of the cards in your deck are minions and how many are spells.

ViviOggi

Personally I couldn't care less about their nebulous and frequently disregarded design ideals on rarities in constructed when they have a real, tangible and destructive impact on arena. Look at what printing two good Warrior commons did for that class.

Zemm

Watched kripp for the first time in ages tonight and he's still a whiny prick. I've also noticed other streamers getting fed up with the game more and more, they really need standard. Then there's Forsen who just seems to suck at the game now, don't think he likes it but has to keep playing it or his viewer numbers tank.

Ladekabel

Still rocking and enjoying Patron Warrior. Thanks to quests I'm not really playing much else. But I just had a few games against Paladins (no Christmas though) where I didn't draw a single weapon before turn 7. Not even a Fiery War Axe top deck on turn 2.

Instead I get hands like this:

What am I supposed to do here?

manhack

Why do people who beat me keep trying to add me as a friend? Do people just enjoy gloating or something?

Have you added them? I sometimes add people to ask about their deck. I have tons of people on my friend list from those types of games. Otherwise, yes, a lot of morons out there. Only way to truly enjoy any online competitive game is to not care ( easier said than done).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
HOLY SHIT THIS DRAFT I GOT WITH MY MAIN MAN GEGZ

gGygWVa.jpg

Pooya

Definitely second Tirion over Rag. You will be twice as likely to draw it duh, you can always bait hard removal with first one too and crush their soul by slamming the second one, your opponent will question their life choices then. You can never have enough Tirions. Rag will just kill some token and there will be a lot of them in arena. I hope you got more Uldamans, they are just too good. You will need them for Deathwings... like it's funny how common deathwing is. It's like in every run above 8 wins, I should expect one lol. looks like an ok, average 12 wins draft.

ViviOggi

Nothing personal Yoshi but I hope you get smorced three times in a row before any of that shit ever hits the board

The sanity of 12 human beings is worth more than one person's 12 wins

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Quickest 4-0 so far

edit: 5-0

edit: 6-0

edit: 7-0

edit: 8-0

edit: 9-0

edit: 10-0

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I've actually drafted two Cenarius's in arena at once before. It's pretty funny to imagine the face of your opponent when you drop two of the same legendaries on them, lol.

Yoshichan

11-1

fuck rogue :(

Yoshichan

12-2

close... fuck me, those rogues

the last dude conceded when tirion won the joust

Apathy

Watching this ESL tournament right now, secret paladin vs druid, not sure who to hate more.

This match got 100% turned around because a doomsayer popped out of a shredder and then ended with a druid combo.

Tarazet

I hate Arena.

Actually, no, that's not it. I hate Hearthstone period.

My blood pressure says don't play this game. I keep trying to say it'll be better. It never is.

I don't enjoy winning with the game in the state it is, and I hate losing even more.

*queue up*

Apathy

I hate Arena.

Actually, no, that's not it. I hate Hearthstone period.

My blood pressure says don't play this game. I keep trying to say it'll be better. It never is.

I don't enjoy winning with the game in the state it is, and I hate losing even more.

*queue up*

Forget about laddering this month and make fun monkey decks. Even if you win or lose, at least you played the monkey

Danj

Forget about laddering this month and make fun monkey decks. Even if you win or lose, at least you played the monkey

Is it just me or is laddering harder this month? Or are we still in the "beginning of month period" where the good players are still stuck down at low ranks? Is deliberately dropping down to Rank 20 to try and get a win streak a viable strategy?

bjaelke

Watching this ESL tournament right now, secret paladin vs druid, not sure who to hate more.

This match got 100% turned around because a doomsayer popped out of a shredder and then ended with a druid combo.

Good thing they decided to spice it up with Aggro Shaman and Zoolock

Tarazet

Where am I going to have fun when even casual is nothing but golden Secret Paladins and Face Shamans? And ladder is so weird, I've faced 3 control hunters in a row.

Top Bottom