• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

bunbun777

The thing is about those that tank rank (I'm one of them for a few days out of the month) is that they are giving wins at the same rate or greater than they take them, and those wins for other players are instant most of the time. You also run into others tankers which is always fun, and then occasionally you actually run into solid players with base cards that hit their curve. I friend requested one yesterday and gave them big props for doing so good. Turns out they had only been playing for two days, that person is gonna do great if they keep playing.

Apathy

The thing is about those that tank rank (I'm one of them for a few days out of the month) is that they are giving wins at the same rate or greater than they take them, and those wins for other players are instant most of the time. You also run into others tankers which is always fun, and then occasionally you actually run into solid players with base cards that hit their curve. I friend requested one yesterday and gave them big props for doing so good. Turns out they had only been playing for two days, that person is gonna do great if they keep playing.

Well I meant it's a way to single them out and then have matchmaking with others that do the same rather than them having to face actual low rank people. It's no fun at all for the vast majority of people who just started the game and still have not gotten a lot of good cards or even gotten some of the expansion and adventures to face someone running say a perfect curve secret paladin with doctor 2, 6, 7 and just destroys them.

Apathy

There better be some good deathrattle cards incoming, cause it's not just priests with museum curator that are getting hosed, what the hell are my unearthed raptors going to copy? Like yeah Sylvanas is good, but it's a legendary. Right now we got some nice options in shredder, egg but with them going away, it's going to be sad town.

Owzers

5 freeze mages in a row at rank 17-18. This is too boring. If freeze mage is the new standard I give up on ladder.

Blizzard would not allow freeze mages to crush our spirits, the nerfs will come.

Also try kezan/renolock and don't get reno as one of your last three undrawn cards.

Apathy

lol

Avenge didn't even see play before Secret Paladin became a thing.

Something about having to spend actual mana and a few turns to set it up made it so people didn't use it. But hey, give them an overpowered 6 drop that also gives you 5 mana's worth of secrets and suddenly everyone wants to run it

BieXUt5.png

what should i drop for a second voidwalker? i can't decide. obvi i don't own enhanco (not spending the dust when hes not in standard) or gormok

squire looks kinda obvious but since i put brann in giving him free 4/1 hits sounds sick, and most importantly free turn 2 hits with abusive....but overall i'm thinking it's probably the only spot available

Apathy

question, I just found out that the unearthed raptors battlecry will give you two deathrattles when brann is on the board. If I play the second raptor on that first raptor with double deathrattle and bran is on the board will that give it four deathrattles?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
question, I just found out that the unearthed raptors battlecry will give you two deathrattles when brann is on the board. If I play the second raptor on that first raptor with double deathrattle and bran is on the board will that give it four deathrattles?

Yep, its pretty great. I think its programmed to top out at 16 death rattle effects, but you could shadowstep/gangup to get even bigger stacks going.

manhack

Yes, good luck pulling it off, but when you do it is fun. The coolest version I've seen used a leper gnome deathrattle perform an otk :D

Apathy

Yes, good luck pulling it off, but when you do it is fun. The coolest version I've seen used a leper gnome deathrattle perform an otk :D

I only got off the one I learned about, the priest I was facing decided to buff up the raptor and just quit

void terror is absolutely insane with brann on the board, holy schneikes. almost makes me want to add a second terror but i know deep inside that'd be inconsistent....but getting double power off a power overwhelming on a minion that already attacked...bananas

Apathy

wow, turn 5 dark iron skulker takes out just the mirror images my opponent has and he just leaves. I didn't realize he could be such a trigger.

wow, turn 5 dark iron skulker takes out just the mirror images my opponent has and he just leaves. I didn't realize he could be such a trigger.

maybe his boss walked in at work
maybe his net gave out
maybe his baby is crying

like there's a million reasons he could leave besides giving up. y'all read into concedes way too much

Apathy

maybe his net gave out
maybe his baby is crying

like there's a million reasons he could leave besides giving up. y'all read into concedes way too much

Or we like to have fun, who knows. I'll make sure to sit around with serious face when I play just for you

maybe his net gave out
maybe his baby is crying

There has been a few times I've played at work and shit actually happened so I had to just quit the app. =(

Feels bad I should learn my lesson not to do rank/arena at work but I can't help it!

Xanathus

Standard is very likely not going to actually change people's enjoyment with Hearthstone as long as Blizzard is still keeping with the mindset that complex and skill-intensive decks should not be stronger than simple decks. It'll just have the same effect as any other expansion where the meta is shaken up for 1 week then everyone plays the 2 or 3 optimal decks that don't require much thought in the plays. In fact Standard REDUCES deck variety as there are less cards available.

Dahbomb

Standard is very likely not going to actually change people's enjoyment with Hearthstone as long as Blizzard is still keeping with the mindset that complex and skill-intensive decks should not be stronger than simple decks. It'll just have the same effect as any other expansion where the meta is shaken up for 1 week then everyone plays the 2 or 3 optimal decks that don't require much thought in the plays. In fact Standard REDUCES deck variety as there are less cards available.
My hope is that with the lower amount of Deathrattles there's more focus on control and board clears. If there are more control decks in the meta that are strong then that would put more skill back into the game. Plus that will probably happen anyway with all the RNG cards being removed from the game.

I just hope there's no Secret Paladin type deck that a bot could have a 58% win rate with and get Legend.

JesseZao

A guy just emtombed my Dr. Boom while he had that Djinni on board that copies buffs. Since Dr. 7 became "friendly" upon Entombing, the Djinni went back into his deck as well. lol

Apathy

Watching strifecro and seeing him fill the board up with 2 sea giants as the anchor vs a priest looks like hes in total control just to get light bombed. How the hell are priests going to deal vs that soon?

Dahbomb

Watching strifecro and seeing him fill the board up with 2 sea giants as the anchor vs a priest looks like hes in total control just to get light bombed. How the hell are priests going to deal vs that soon?
Double Circle Healing.

Or just run an extra copy of Shadow Death.

I don't get why Blizzard can't just nerf the combo now. They've pretty much admitted it's an issue so why make us sit here and endure this garbage.

they probably just want the reason to be standard came out

edit; I really feel like this game wants me to play druid. I always have god draws with that class compared to others

Tarazet

3 mana - Draw 7 cards? Balanced.

Edit: Next match. 3 mana - Draw 6 cards? Balanced.

That's one card that I don't get the complaints about. You know the card exists, and you know the only way to counteract it is to play out your deck. If you're playing a combo deck like Maly Rogue, Handlock or Freeze Mage that relies on cycling, then it doesn't really matter what they do to develop the board anyway, your interaction with it is fairly minimal.

I just wish they wouldn't always draw into healing with it. That's pretty annoying.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A guy just emtombed my Dr. Boom while he had that Djinni on board that copies buffs. Since Dr. 7 became "friendly" upon Entombing, the Djinni went back into his deck as well. lol

"Not quite what was planned."

Dahbomb

I don't get why Blizzard can't just nerf the combo now. They've pretty much admitted it's an issue so why make us sit here and endure this garbage.
They want to hold off the nerf list as late as possible because they know it will be followed up by a carnival of stupid. Especially if Blizzard nerfs some cards that had no business being nerfed and they essentially gut those cards. They don't want expansion and Standard hype being drowned out by people complaining about nerfs.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They want to hold off the nerf list as late as possible because they know it will be followed up by a carnival of stupid. Especially if Blizzard nerfs some cards that had no business being nerfed and they essentially gut those cards. They don't want expansion and Standard hype being drowned out by people complaining about nerfs.

Some of these might make more sense in context as well. Like say they make Owl cost 3 mana, but make silence into something that only exists as a reasonable cost in specific classes.

They can leave Keeper of the Grove alone for example since Druid otherwise struggles with removal. However, with combo nerfed at the same time, the biggest pain point of Keeper of the Grove is gone.

I imagine they might make some form of new Druid card draw if they nerf Ancient of Lore as well.

Anyone have a recently aggro priest deck that has been fun for them? Doesn't need to necessarily be very successful, just wanting something different for my priest. I have some ideas for how to put together an aggro priest, but would like a starting place so I can branch out from there.

manhack

Did someone figure out a good list?

I'm testing out a few decks. Some are just old lists with tunnel trogg instead of zombie chow. I have another list that is like mid-range/face shaman hybrid, but with no burn spells; it seems to force out a lot of removal and bad trades and then you start laying down fire elementals, belcher and boom and hex their threats.

Tarazet

I'm testing out a few decks. Some are just old lists with tunnel trogg instead of zombie chow. I have another list that is like mid-range/face shaman hybrid, but with no burn spells; it seems to force out a lot of removal and bad trades and then you start laying down fire elementals, belcher and boom and hex their threats.

I remember testing out the Tempostorm version of "Midrange Shaman." It was gutless and felt like it had no win condition against the massive removal kit of a Tempo Mage. The Bloodlust deck is slightly better, but if I was going to play an OTK combo deck I would just play Druid.

Apathy

It's blizzard, there's a high, high chance they will nerf a card that no one had any issue with and still have a card that really needs a nerf alone.

Top Bottom