• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Heropon

First time I have one of those looooong control vs. control matches against the typical warrior. I was trying to complete the priest mission with some kind of budget Elise deck and it seems Entomb really gives the edge in this match up.

How common is Deathwing in warrior? I wasn't expecting him and I almost lost by smashing Sylvanas into Alexstrasza instead of using other minions. Thankfully Rhonin saved my life.

manhack

First time I have one of those looooong control vs. control matches against the typical warrior. I was trying to complete the priest mission with some kind of budget Elise deck and it seems Entomb really gives the edge in this match up.

How common is Deathwing in warrior? I wasn't expecting him and I almost lost by smashing Sylvanas into Alexstrasza instead of using other minions. Thankfully Rhonin saved my life.

Deathwing has never been common in regular control warrior, but Fibonacci (Rank 1 Legend player many months) has been a huge fan of the card and since he has been getting more popular over the last few months his decks have caught on. Deathwing really works well in Fatigue style warrior and Elise is icing on the cake so you can trade him for another legendary if you want.

Heropon

Deathwing has never been common in regular control warrior, but Fibonacci (Rank 1 Legend player many months) has been a huge fan of the card and since he has been getting more popular over the last few months his decks have caught on. Deathwing really works well in Fatigue style warrior and Elise is icing on the cake so you can trade him for another legendary if you want.

Now I feel better for not playing around it if its popularity is relatively recent. I felt my world collapsing when after reducing all the damage I could from the Brawls that thing came from nowhere.

This type of matches is really tense but at the same time kinda exciting, I don't know if I can endure more of this, though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I realized today that I actually put myself in a position where I should get as many GvG packs as I can, even though I imagine I'll mostly be playing Standard. How did I get here you ask? Well...

1. I like shiny gold cards. When I get gold cards I don't disenchant them immediately for dust like a lot of people. I want to play with and use the gold versions of cards.
2. Prior to standard, because I kept my gold cards, I figured my non-gold versions were redundant. So anytime I grabbed a gold card, I would disenchant a non-gold version. this gave me more effective dust without affecting my decks since i played with the gold versions when I could anyway.
3. After the announcement of standard, I figured that since any cards moved to wild weren't worth as much anymore, it probably didn't make as much sense to keep my gold cards since I wouldn't get near as much "value" out of them anymore. So I decided that once wild comes out, I should disenchant all of my gold Naxx/GvG cards as long as I didn't get rid of the cards entirely. I still want them for tavern brawls and the occasional wild game.

So that's when I realized today, that if I opened GvG packs and got the non-gold versions of cards that I already had golds of (and had disenchanted the non-golds), it was effectively the same as opening a gold version of the same card. Which means that my GvG packs suddenly had a much larger average dust value than they would have otherwise. And while in the short term this keeps me from building my Old Gods collection more quickly by spending my gold on GvG packs instead of hoarding it, in the long term it'll make more sense once I move into the phase where Old God packs start giving me a bunch of 40-dusters.

Hearthstone has a weird economy sometimes, lol.

_DrMario_

So glad Twitch added chat replay. I queued into Trump in Arena (first time I queue against a popular streamer in HS) and I was happy to be able to see the chat react to the game after.

Ridli

Now I feel better for not playing around it if its popularity is relatively recent. I felt my world collapsing when after reducing all the damage I could from the Brawls that thing came from nowhere.

This type of matches is really tense but at the same time kinda exciting, I don't know if I can endure more of this, though.

I will say one thing, if you see tournament medic from a warrior, the chance that it's a Fibonacci list increases dramatically, as does the possibility of Deathwing.

Phreaker

So glad Twitch added chat replay. I queued into Trump in Arena (first time I queue against a popular streamer in HS) and I was happy to be able to see the chat react to the game after.

There has been a Chrome extension for a while called ReChat that did it, but it's nice that it's now built into their player/client. Fun to read the chat for your game against him I bet!

Apathy

Hope they don't go with Tyrande for a priest hero replacement and instead go with someone like Sen'jin, one because there are no troll heroes yet, but two, to get some horde/alliance difference. Also Liandri over Yrel for paladins.

Tarazet

I always think when I play Aggro Shaman that the deck is so easy and almost plays itself. Then I run into one who chooses Rogue hero power from Finley while holding Doomhammer, and sure enough, he overwrites it in his next turn.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
screenshot_2016-03-08fps2y.png

Pooya

It looks like the patch is like another month away, there is a 4.2 patch coming up that adds Thai support apparently and probably Hogger card back and deck slots. It really looks like it's April for new set and ver. 5.0, awful.

Xanathus

Cannot wait for the druid nerf my god. It seems like half the ranked players at rank 14/15 are running druid.

So go play Tempo Mage or Zoolock or Face Shaman or Secret Paladin or Aggro Paladin or Face Hunter or Midrange Hunter or Patron? It feels like people have forgotten that Druid has a LOT of bad matchups.

Raxus

So go play Tempo Mage or Zoolock or Face Shaman or Secret Paladin or Aggro Paladin or Face Hunter or Midrange Hunter or Patron? It feels like people have forgotten that Druid has a LOT of bad matchups.

Aggro Druid is good against half those decks.

Apathy

It looks like the patch is like another month away, there is a 4.2 patch coming up that adds Thai support apparently and probably Hogger card back and deck slots. It really looks like it's April for new set and ver. 5.0, awful.

I don't want to believe you because it pains me to do so. Im still hoping for a April first release

diamount

Banned
Cannot wait for the druid nerf my god. It seems like half the ranked players at rank 14/15 are running druid.

Yeah, after Rank 10 you will be facing nothing but secret palas. Not to mention, they are pretty broken in Arena with all their broken commons.. I have no idea what possessed them to make Keeper of Uldaman a common card

Apathy

Yeah, after Rank 10 you will be facing nothing but secret palas. Not to mention, they are pretty broken in Arena with all their broken commons.. I have no idea what possessed them to make Keeper of Uldaman a common card

Blizzards response, none shall steal our secrets.

Dahbomb

So the answer to beating a deck that kills you by turn 9 is to play a deck that finishes the game before turn 9.

This is the game we play.

ZealousD

So the answer to beating a deck that kills you by turn 9 is to play a deck that finishes the game before turn 9.

This is the game we play.

To beat the deck that kills you by Turn 9, you play the deck that kills you by Turn 7.

To beat the deck that kills you by Turn 7, you play the deck that kills you by Turn 6.

To beat the deck that kills you by Turn 6, you play the deck that doesn't kill anyone and just forces them to run out of gas.

To beat the deck that forces you to run out of gas, you play the deck that kills you by Turn 9.

Apathy

Do you guys get this happening to you a lot? The daily quest won't show up when you start the game but will after you play the first match. It happens to me quite often

Fireblend

Banned
Do you guys get this happening to you a lot? The daily quest won't show up when you start the game but will after you play the first match. It happens to me quite often
That happens to me a lot, specially on mobile. I usually just log out and then back in.

Xanathus

Happens all the time for me. You can force it to come up by restarting the game again.

Apathy

Happens all the time for me. You can force it to come up by restarting the game again.

Theres been times when that works and then times when it won't for me and I still have to play a game before it comes up, it's weird. Not a huge issue but annoying

Edit: nothing as satisfying as edging out someone that is BMing you. Some charge lock thought he had had me cause he silenced my sludge belcher, and starts his whole "sorry" bm. I end up using shadow madness to take his own imp, and smack him in the face leaving him at 1. The 3 cards he had left were 2 PO's and a doomguard plus a owl on board. Even with that he couldn't kill me and just quit

Dahbomb

To beat the deck that kills you by Turn 9, you play the deck that kills you by Turn 7.

To beat the deck that kills you by Turn 7, you play the deck that kills you by Turn 6.

To beat the deck that kills you by Turn 6, you play the deck that doesn't kill anyone and just forces them to run out of gas.

To beat the deck that forces you to run out of gas, you play the deck that kills you by Turn 9.
Or you just play Secret Paladin because it beats just about everything.

Meta countering is overrated and ineffecient for ladder play. Just play the best deck aka Secret Paladin and let others try to rack their brains to counter you. If a counter is figured, other meta players will counter the counter and then your Secret Paladin comes in to counter the counter counter.

Ex: You play Secret, meta players play Freeze Mage. The next level meta players play Combo Druid to counter Freeze Mage but you counter the Druids with your Secret Paladin.

ZealousD

If you have a second quest from a previous day, reroll it. It'll look like it disappears. Then you close the quest log and open it back up, both quests appear.

Server has been weird about quests lately

Apathy

If you have a second quest from a previous day, reroll it. It'll look like it disappears. Then you close the quest log and open it back up, both quests appear.

Server has been weird about quests lately

I do my quests daily, I don't let them slip over, so it's always on a new day with no quests, log in, nothing shows up. If I log out sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't, so I just have to play a game and once the game is done the daily quest screen shows up.

I do my quests daily, I don't let them slip over, so it's always on a new day with no quests, log in, nothing shows up. If I log out sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't, so I just have to play a game and once the game is done the daily quest screen shows up.
It's more efficient if u don't

bjaelke

Hearthstone @PlayHearthstone

Anyone can cook! Deck Recipes are coming to #Hearthstone to help you brew new decks.
blizz.ly/RECIPES

Hearthstone @PlayHearthstone

Anyone can cook! Deck Recipes are coming to #Hearthstone to help you brew new decks.
blizz.ly/RECIPES
Does this mean the game could possibly check what decks I could make with my limited cards? Would be cool if I didn't need to scour the Internet anymore for decent decks I have the cards for.

Top Bottom