• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

fertygo

I'll not touch arena for awhile

draft with Tirion, 2 win
draft with 3 Uldaman, and 2 Adol, 2 win

I'm suck, so many misplay caused by pressure especially early lose :(

_DrMario_

I woke up this morning and it really hit me how lame yesterday's announcement was. The LoE announcement was so much better AND it came out like a week later.

rickyson1

Every adventure release has been more exciting and game changing than every set.

adventure announcements have been pretty good in general sure but the TGT announcement was handled a lot better than this one too

I started playing right around when GVG came out so can't compare as far as that goes

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cultist should've been a creature type, and the cultists should've worked together on top of buffing C'thun.

Twilight Congregation
Battlecry: Summon 2 1/1 Cultists
At the end of your turn, give your C'thun +1/+1 for each Cultist you have.
Cultist
1/3

Otherwise you're just playing generic fair-costed minions that will, maybe, pay off, somewhere down the road.

Is this going to be a card? I hope not.

Twilight Ogre
Deathrattle: Give your C'thun +5/+5 (wherever he is).
6/7

A R E N A M E T A B O Y S

Fireblend

Banned
I'm gonna miss this Tavern Brawl so much T_T finished a Paladin 5-win quest in ~20 mins. Most opponents conceded on turn 2-3.

And wow, from all the articles going around it really seems like Blizzard is struggling with the nerfs. It's been a long time since they mentioned nerfs to the core set were incoming and they're still talking as if they weren't super sure of which cards will be nerfed and how exactly to this day. I wonder how much of an impact those nerfs are having on the delayed release schedule.

And I think maybe showing the "corrupted" cards was a mistake yesterday. A lot of people saw them as unimaginative and underwhelming. They should've showed some more completely new cards at least, and an exhibition match would have been great (specially knowing they had matches with premade WOG decks at the press-only event).

Crossing my fingers we get some more content before the 21...

not a fan of the start of that new expansion, so dozens of the commons and rares i pull will be useless until i craft certain legendaries....? seems like it would've been better off as an adventure. i don't understand why they didn't just put out a new tribe or expand the ones they have versus this weird gimmick. i don't want to pull pack after pack of cards that are utterly useless until you craft their associated legendaries, wtf

Apathy

Since taking back cthun to your hand keeps the buffs in him, wonder if is silenced and then returned to your hand if it will go back to being a 6/6 . same goes for an entombed, if it will keep the buffs or will go back down to default

Only 16 cards will be fully dedicated to C'Thun, the other old gods won't have minions specific to them. So only 16 out of 130~ cards will be "useless"(the ones shown still have decent stats) without a specific legendary.

sibarraz

Banned
not a fan of the start of that new expansion, so dozens of the commons and rares i pull will be useless until i craft certain legendaries....? seems like it would've been better off as an adventure. i don't understand why they didn't just put out a new tribe or expand the ones they have versus this weird gimmick. i don't want to pull pack after pack of cards that are utterly useless until you craft their associated legendaries, wtf

To be fair, they will give you c'thun for free for the same reason that you gave.

I wonder if the card could be dusted?

Pooya

Start a game, it's just zoo paladin druid. The game is incredibly boring. Two more months of this? nope. I think I'm done. I got rank 5 last week already. I guess I just do dailies every 3 days for next 6+ weeks. Their release date reveal was just so disappointing.

Only 16 cards will be fully dedicated to C'Thun, the other old gods won't have minions specific to them. So only 16 out of 130~ cards will be "useless"(the ones shown still have decent stats) without a specific legendary.

oh ok, i didn't realize that for some reason. yeah they have fair stats but man, i'd so rather see the tribes in the game more fleshed out over building more decks centered around one card. my least favorite thing about this game is how predictable structured is. that's why i like making fun archeotypes and making them somewhat viable, like aggro priest. the truth of the matter is if i match up in ladder i can tell 95% of the cards in someones deck by turn 2 since everyone already does the same shit. i have so much more fun when i run into someone and i have no idea wtf they're doing

and that new loot hoarder is hot frickin garbage, odd card to bother revealing. i guess its acceptable for arena but lol
new loot hoarder should've been 4 mana 2/1 draw 2 cards upon death.

Agraavan

One thing I would like to see is cards that interact with or from the player hand, like:

While this is in your hand, the first minion you play cost (1) less. So you would have to consider either playing a good body or keeping it to buff your first drops.

Choose one card from you opponent hand. This card costs (3) more. If you keep track of mulligans and draws, you could make some assertions to prevent optimal plays from the opponent.

I just want to point out that the art for the Corrupted Healbot is seriously badass.

1GoUZAh.jpg
Running program MURDER.

I think it's all great to and can't wait to see more.

ViviOggi

Start a game, it's just zoo paladin druid. The game is incredibly boring. Two more months of this? nope. I think I'm done. I got rank 5 last week already. I guess I just do dailies every 3 days for next 6+ weeks. Their release date reveal was just so disappointing.
I'll grind rank 5 as always and after that stick to arena which annoys the shit out of me too with the Plebadin common spam but at least there's variety in your own drafts. Tbh I enjoy the drafting so much more than piloting these days.

Wanna get golden Rogue but if I get rekt I'll just switch to some BrokeBack garbage for quick rank 5.

Owzers

Get to rank 10, lose 5 in a row. Everything seems to be against me in stretches. Renolock, reno mage, control warrior, aggro shaman with vomit hand. My demon zoo isn't doing much.

last night was all paladin and druid, feasted, now the drought.

Spent 3200 dust to craft Control warrior... realized that using a deck that is weak against druid and paladin isn't a good idea, especially since those classes attract the most toxic people.

I think we need a title change

:͓̦̺̞͇̫ͪ̈́ͬͩ͋ͫ̃̓ ̩̪͉̎̅ͯH̷̛̻̦͊͊ͩ̃̇̆ͦ̆e͐͋̑ͮͯ҉̹̖̝̗͢ḁ̧̯̖͕̤̜̟̟ͥ͌̍͒͊̎r̃͊ͦ͏҉͉̪͙̞͎̮͈̖̫t̞̘͔̘̩̻̳̹͐̔͒͜h̴̖̮̦̰̳̒̽ͧ͗̏͒̀ͅͅs̢̹͍͈͙̭̻͓͇̀̍ͮͪ̅͜͠t̴̪͚̒̋̓̏͗̃̓ͨȯ̝̝̟̣̹̋̒͌̈n̶͔̳̺͇̗̤̜͊̉ͫ̌͌̓̃͘͞ē̩͍̯͍̦ͭ ̧̎ͫ͏̮̠̹̹͇̰̻͠|̖̞̮̲̻̦̫̞̇ͣ̽ͭͩ̉ͪ̑͒̀O̠̖̪̽ͭͬͭ͘͝T̴͓̼̍̇̓ͮ͋ͥ͒ͫ̀͡8̖̼͎͎̘̋̎̾̈͑͠͞|̧̰̼̰̩̳͎̌̐͊̔ͅ Thread corrupted by the Old Gods

Hearthstone |OT8| Your Heart Will Explode

Hearthstone |OT8| Finally, the Metzen Expansion

Hearthstone |OT8| Zzof Shuul'wah. Thoq fssh N'Zoth!

Hearthstone |OT8| Look upon the true face of RNG, and know that your end comes soon!

Hearthstone |OT8| C'Thun And Friends

sibarraz

Banned
One thing I would like to see is cards that interact with or from the player hand, like:

While this is in your hand, the first minion you play cost (1) less. So you would have to consider either playing a good body or keeping it to buff your first drops.

Choose one card from you opponent hand. This card costs (3) more. If you keep track of mulligans and draws, you could make some assertions to prevent optimal plays from the opponent.

This first idea is great, the second one not so much. With that kind of ability you could kill decks like those which use malygos since you could make that card unplayable

I have a couple questions:

- If I buy the GvG / Nax expansions, do they stay after the new update comes out? Or do they leave regardless?

- I haven't spent any of the gold / whatever I've gotten from playing through the tutorial and going through the basic practice to get my mage to lvl 10. Doing the expert practice now. What's the next step after that?

- What's the most cost effective use of my real life monies, if I'm going to pay for stuff?

ViviOggi

Spent 3200 dust to craft Control warrior... realized that using a deck that is weak against druid and paladin isn't a good idea, especially since those classes attract the most toxic people.
What did you craft, the epics or legendaries like Grom/Alex/Geddon? Because Elise Warrior is fine against almost anything as it lets you run all of the answers and still does well against most control decks.

Fireblend

Banned

- If I buy the GvG / Nax expansions, do they stay after the new update comes out? Or do they leave regardless?

- I haven't spent any of the gold / whatever I've gotten from playing through the tutorial and going through the basic practice to get my mage to lvl 10. Doing the expert practice now. What's the next step after that?

- What's the most cost effective use of my real life monies, if I'm going to pay for stuff?

1. Nothing you own will go away. If you own GvG or Naxx cards, they'll still be usable on Wild, just not on Standard. If you do not own at least 1 wing of Naxx though, you won't be able to purchase that adventure anymore and you'll get locked out of the single-player content (and like GvG, any cards you want from there will have to be crafted obviously). I'd say if you care about single player content or having the Naxx cards (which are great) for cheap and/or playing Wild, get Naxx's first wing and then just unlock the others at your own rhythm without having to worry about it getting taken away.

2. Adventures. Adventures offer way, way more value than packs no matter which way you spin it. You'll be probably get a single legendary (who knows if it will be good or not) in 28 packs, 2 with a little luck, while by spending 2800 gold on LoE you get 4 guaranteed great legendaries and plenty of cards (2 of each, even) that see competitive play right now, not to mention the single player content which is a nice diversion. I think buying Adventures over packs as a new player is a no-brainer.

3. Adventures are much more cost-effective than packs for the same reasons I gave above.

sibarraz

Banned

1) They stay. after standard arrives, you can't buy them again
2) Depends, since you don't had all the cards you could had some struggles playing ranked where even at low levels you will find good decks, you can still try your best to find some archetype that fits your collection, or you could try to play Arena where the field is more even, but you will need some help learning to build decks. Also, if you get got at it, you will win gold and dust faster than ranked.
3) If I had some money, I will buy 60 classic packs, and the BlackRock and LoE adventures. You could buy Naxxramas if you want to had the adventures to play the challenges, and dust the cards if you don't want to play Wild

Agraavan

This first idea is great, the second one not so much. With that kind of ability you could kill decks like those which use malygos since you could make that card unplayable
Yeah, but you wouldn't know which card is which, you'll have to make an intelligent guess looking only the card backs based on the way people hold their drafts.

You could make Malygos unplayable, or you could make e-sportal a 5 drop. Or you could make it like "this card cost (3) more, but not more than (10)".

The first idea could even have a drawback, making the card a nuisance if it is in your opening hand, like "your first minion cost (1) less, the second one (2) more/your spells (2) more". Make it a 5 drop so that you have no way to get rid of it until turn 5, for example.

I like the concept of it.

Tagyhag

I have to skip all Hunter quests, that class is unplayable in constructed. Which is a shame because Beast Hunter is a lot of fun.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I have to skip all Hunter quests, that class is unplayable in constructed. Which is a shame because Beast Hunter is a lot of fun.

No it's not. It's still not rare for a face hunter to rush down a paladin or druid before they can pull any of their bullshit. It's just dependent on the draw.

Tagyhag

No it's not. It's still not rare for a face hunter to rush down a paladin or druid before they can pull any of their bullshit. It's just dependent on the draw.

I'm not a fan of playing Face Hunter. Especially considering every other deck that I fight against is a Reno deck.

giapel

Had the strangest game ever. Playing against a Renolock. Have him down to 7 health, he proceeds to play Reno, then same turn brewmaster to return Reno to hand. Fast forward, I get him down to 7 again, he's got some giants down and plays Reno again but this time the effect doesn't activate. "That was a mistake" emote and concede. Wtf? Still don't know what happened there

Tagyhag

Had the strangest game ever. Playing against a Renolock. Have him down to 7 health, he proceeds to play Reno, then same turn brewmaster to return Reno to hand. Fast forward, I get him down to 7 again, he's got some giants down and plays Reno again but this time the effect doesn't activate. "That was a mistake" emote and concede. Wtf? Still don't know what happened there

Did he use a Dark Peddler or any other discovery card?

Did he use a Dark Peddler or any other discovery card?

Those cards add to your hand, not your deck.

Reminds me of the game I played earlier this week, trying out Kibler's ShadowReno Priest. Rogue got me down to one, thought I was fine because I had Reno in hand. They ended their turn with Beneath the Grounds. The hardest of counters.

Im-not-even-Mad-Ron-Burgandy-Anchorman.gif

Top Bottom