• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Apathy

Face shamans can go die in a fire. Fuck it, I hate aggro, no thought required at all. It doesn't matter what they draw, everything is 1-5 mana and they just barf it all up

Does the stream sound weird to anyone else?

Pooya

Man, these game analysis are for rank 20 or something. "He used living roots to hit face instead of creating 1/1s, well played by him." of course he would do that when Death's bite is up.

Apathy

Audio got fixed

Man, these game analysis are for rank 20 or something. "He used living roots to hit face instead of creating 1/1s, well played by him." of course he would do that when Death's bite is up.

Pretty much any esport analysis goes for the lowest skill level to try and make it easier for new people to watch. I know the invitational has an advance stream and a newbie stream.

What did you craft, the epics or legendaries like Grom/Alex/Geddon? Because Elise Warrior is fine against almost anything as it lets you run all of the answers and still does well against most control decks.
Epics and harrison for elise warrior list from meta snapshot. I've climbed from rank 12 to 10 with this deck but it's so frustrating to use, i feel bad each time i queue against druid, paladin or zoo since i have to deal with their super sticky minions/ brokeback combo, i guess this playstyle isn't for me.

manhack

Spent 3200 dust to craft Control warrior... realized that using a deck that is weak against druid and paladin isn't a good idea, especially since those classes attract the most toxic people.

As already mentioned Elise control warrior does really well and most of the rank 5 or higher people on my friend list are grinding with control warrior.

manhack

Epics and harrison for elise warrior list from meta snapshot. I've climbed from rank 12 to 10 with this deck but it's so frustrating to use, i feel bad each time i queue against druid, paladin or zoo since i have to deal with their super sticky minions/ brokeback combo, i guess this playstyle isn't for me.

https://gyazo.com/46a91d5e6daf94e4147f18587ca7ffdf

https://i.gyazo.com/6ba498760ec10dcaeb911b119d6f1258.png

Your list should look something like the ones I linked above. Double bash, double revenge, owl, deathlord are good tech choices to get you through early game. Double Brawl is frustrating for any flood deck if you can get your weapons early.

Elise allows you pressure other control decks in the late game by trading your tech cards for legendaries.

Apathy

It'll be a Corrupted Belcher.

5mana 5/6 taunt with deathrattle that summons a Corrupted ooze 1/2 taunt for the opponent.

We joked about the corrupted stuff before the release. We all thought there was no way they could do that. Well, guess blizzard got the last laugh

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah except the corrupted cards are in no way reprints of their original cards. I don't understand why this joke keeps being made. Criticize the cards for being bad if you want, but they're wholly new cards.

ViviOggi

PATRON IN 2016

Yeah except the corrupted cards are in no way reprints of their original cards. I don't understand why this joke keeps being made. Criticize the cards for being bad if you want, but they're wholly new cards.
I'd argue that Polluted Hoarder isn't a new card at all, but I don't mind that card.

The cards are fine but it's annoying that they chose to show "corrupted" versions of cards first and not just completely new cards.

JesseZao

I'd argue that Polluted Hoarder isn't a new card at all, but I don't mind that card.

The cards are fine but it's annoying that they chose to show "corrupted" versions of cards first and not just completely new cards.

Get the forgettable riff-raff out there first and save the cool stuff for last. Pretty standard for marketing with internet hype.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

I mean, it's not a particularly original card, but again it is in no way a reprint of Loot Hoarder.

JesseZao

They showed those twitter votes for Chakki vs Talion...

It was 2 votes to 1 vote and then another person voted making it 50/50. Who bothers voting for these things.

The new card will be very good in arena and probably will be playable in constructed. I don't know how people can say that it's plain bad.
It's also boring as hell and incredibile unoriginal.

Okay, I've only been playing for a day but Divine Shield as a concept is starting to make me want to drop Hearthstone.

Any good ways to manage that BS?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Even in wild that new card + QM on 10 mana compared to muster + hero power + qm isn't that much better.

I am disgusted by its blatant OPness compared to Dark Wispers however.

Silence works, but give us more information about the situation you're in so we can give you some more advice

Just trying to beat the expert practice bots. Playing vs. Paladin as Warrior. By the time we're at 6 mana, the Argent Commanders and Sunwalkers come out, and combined with the argent squires and scarlet crusaders I have a huge problem with board clear since it takes trading 2/3 times to kill a minion.

Toss in the defender secret and the revival secret and it's just frustrating.

Dahbomb

This is not a good look for the expansion at all. I really hope that the entire expansion isn't just "rebalanced" old cards and cards that exclusively buff/synergize with old gods.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just trying to beat the expert practice bots. Playing vs. Paladin as Warrior. By the time we're at 6 mana, the Argent Commanders and Sunwalkers come out, and combined with the argent squires and scarlet crusaders I have a huge problem with board clear since it takes trading 2/3 times to kill a minion.

It depends on what class you're playing. Mage is typically a great early pick, and the hero power (1 damage ping) lets you deal with divine shields pretty damn well.

inky

Paladin tends to counter Warrior. All those tokens and Divine Shields make it so you have to waste weapon charges on small things or minions that don't die right away, and you waste your tools dealing with those. Mage is a better counter pick.

I'm not sure what cards you have there at your disposal, but Whirlwind is probably a good answer. The whirlwind effect will let you get rid of several Divine Shields at once or deal with several 1 health minions (Silver Hand Recruits). Minions with Deathrattle effects that spawn other minions, or cards like Abomination and Unstable Ghoul can help you deal with those mechanics as well.

It depends on what class you're playing. Mage is typically a great early pick, and the hero power (1 damage ping) lets you deal with divine shields pretty damn well.

Yeah so far I play best with Mage and Warlock, but I'm trying to learn all the classes to start out (and to make the most of the EXP while I get some extra gold)

Although I just bought Naxx and Blackrock so... I guess I'm hooked lol.

Paladin tends to counter Warrior. All those tokens and Divine Shields make it so you have to waste weapon charges on small things or minions that don't die right away, and you waste your tools dealing with those. Mage is a better counter pick.

I'm not sure what cards you have there at your disposal, but Whirlwind is probably a good answer. The whirlwind effect will let you get rid of several Divine Shields at once or deal with several 1 health minions (Silver Hand Recruits). Minions with Deathrattle effects that spawn other minions, or cards like Abomination and Unstable Ghoul can help you deal with those mechanics as well.

Forgot about whirlwind. I keep getting shit draws and don't get my 2/3s until mid game which is frustrating lol.

I know I'm basically a beginner, but I want to try and learn how to play around things rather than go "oh his deck counters mine gg" and give up.

Thanks for the advice, all.

Top Bottom