• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

I always loved the old gods in WoW due to their Lovecraft heritage. I hope they're all fun as hell to play.

That being said...this wait is agonizing. I can't bring myself to play but five or so matches a week now in the current meta.

Ladekabel

Lost to a midrangey hunter because his Shredder dropped Whirl-O-thingens. The card can't vanish soon enough. And it still is two months...

I always loved the old gods in WoW due to their Lovecraft heritage. I hope they're all fun as hell to play.

That being said...this wait is agonizing. I can't bring myself to play but five or so matches a week now in the current meta.

About two months ago I cut back to just competing dailies. Two weeks ago I cut back to just getting my one brawl pack per week. Another 6-8 weeks of this current meta is a major punch in the gut

sibarraz

Banned
I think that the stats of cthun are not that important considering that if is not BGH, you still had more removals like polymporph, equality, shadow word death, execute, and much more.

The deal is the battlecry, like dahbomb said, for 10 mana you had a decent battlecry AND a good body, without knowing yet how the other cards work you could get some nasty combos, heck, a cthun + brann could be gg if you manage to make that combo (which in some matchups, you can make brann stay a turn, or even with some cards like conceal)

Pooya

Full face decks could play doomsayer I guess. It's like a Fel Reaver replacement that dodges BGH too. If you innervate it out it can be strong. In every other situation it's terrible. It cost too much for what it is. Maybe if it was 4.

Dahbomb

Full face decks could play doomsayer I guess. It's like a Fel Reaver replacement that dodges BGH too. If you innervate it out it can be strong. In every other situation it's terrible. It cost too much for what it is. Maybe if it was 4.
Or you can just play this card instead:

27245.png

Pooya

The problem with shade is that it dies easily to many things. This one likely survives. I think shade will get a lot better in standard though.

Apathy

The problem with shade is that it dies easily to many things. This one likely survives. I think shade will get a lot better in standard though.

If a shade isn't surviving what chance does that new doomsayer have?

Also yeah, that play Bill made was crazy bad

Zemm

playing the doomsayer was bad enough, everyone just expected Bill to let it clear the board because that worked in his favour, but nope.

Apathy

On top of that, his hand didn't have anything that even gave any sense to that play.

He simply fucked up, missed damage to face, and got himself killed. So much for no mistakes.

Yeah that's the weirdest part of it all, his hand had nothing in it, almost like he was hoping to top deck Force. The fact that the next thing skyhigh did was drop a loatheb just sealed it

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So some of this might be old news, but in the event it's not:
http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1215-whispers-of-the-old-gods-expansion-reveal-live
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/11/find-out-when-hearthstones-card-nerfs-will-be-announced
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...dentally_leaked_names_of_17_new_cards_thanks/ (This one is definitely old, but I think we can safely say they're real.)

1.) 10-12 cards are getting nerfed.

2.) Big Game Hunter is very heavily implied to be one of them because they feel it limits design space too much.

3.) They say the nerfs are mostly to the cards that the community most complains about. They pretty much reconfirm that Druid Combo is one of these by not denying the IGN interviewer when he says it's a thing Blizzard feels is a problem.

4.) They talk about how they go about balancing a card and Knife Juggler vs. Warsong Commander as an example. For cards like Warsong Commander, they feel the power is just too game breaking and thus change it, but for something that's less problematic overall (like, say, Knife Juggler), they would keep the ability and instead change the mana cost or the card stats.

5.) They're considering moving previous expansion cards into the basic set in the future, but it probably wouldn't be until the next season (early 2017). There was an implication that these would be cards for very specific types of archetypes instead of power cards like Sludge Belcher that get included in every deck. This is just my speculation, but I could see something like Twilight Guardian becoming a basic card since it basically needs to exist for dragon decks to work.

6.) There's an implication they won't be doing more promo cards like Captain's Parrot since they don't like how it can get confusing for users to figure out which cards they actually need to acquire as new sets rotate in, as well as figuring out what formats they're valid in.

7.) Kibler got confirmation that new dragons are coming in the set. As mentioned earlier, no new Inspire cards or new bolded keywords this time.

8.) Four months ago, there were 14 cards and 3 skins listed in the Japanese credits that hadn't released. Some of them were in League of Explorers. Here's the remaining ones that are presumably in this set.

Cards:
- Khadgar
- Captain Scaleblade
- Chieftan Scarvash
- Dark Iron Weaponsmith
- Dark Summoner
- Sinister Cultist
- Blackrock Summoner
- Bloodaxe Ritualist
- Bloodsail Swashbuckler

Hero Skins:
- Tyrande (presumably Priest)
- Lady Liadrin (presumably Paladin)
- Maiev (presumably Rogue)

Pooya

you don't play around top decks when you can set up lethal next turn. Very bad play. The casters are just being polite...

Levi

Banned
I do mulligan for legendaries. Then my opponent has 1 mana legendaries while mine cost 1 less than they should...for turn after turn

If all you want to do is get the wins, you don't play out your games in this brawl. You win by turn 3 or you quit and find a new match.

Tacitus_

If all you want to do is get the wins, you don't play out your games in this brawl. You win by turn 3 or you quit and find a new match.

Maybe not that black & white. If you've got a god-hand might as well play it for a few turns more. Or if the opponent is being stubborn.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I find it odd they aren't going to put the C’Thun and his cards in Arena. I mean, I get they aren't great, but its not like you are fucked if they show up in a draft. The ones shown so far have fine stats.

They are going to be no new key words either (like Battlecry, Deathrattle etc).
That's also a bummer but I don't really feel the need for a new keyword, that was assuming they'd utilize all the keywords they already had though and obviously they're not doing that.
I find it odd they aren't going to put the C’Thun and his cards in Arena. I mean, I get they aren't good, but its not like you are fucked if they show up in a draft. The ones shown so far have fine stats.

That's only two of the cards though, I assume that a lot of the other C'Thun minions are mostly useless when used outside of a C'Thun deck(like a "draw C'Thun" card that has a high cost and shit stats) plus the fact that maybe a single player out there can get a decent C'Thun draft ever.

5.) They're considering moving previous expansion cards into the basic set in the future, but it probably wouldn't be until the next season (early 2017). There was an implication that these would be cards for very specific types of archetypes instead of power cards like Sludge Belcher that get included in every deck. This is just my speculation, but I could see something like Twilight Guardian becoming a basic card since it basically needs to exist for dragon decks to work.

If they do end up doing this it'll be interesting to see what cards they move. Sir Finley is definitely one I'd like to see made permanent in Standard. Twilight Guardian, as you mentioned, would also be a good one but considering they basically threw mechs into the wind I'm not sure how likely Blizzard will be to go out of their way to keep tribal archetypes alive.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Just because we don't get a keyword doesn't mean we may not get another new ability. Joust and 'Stupid Ogre' don't have keywords, but are on a number of cards in their respective expansions. Spare Part also isn't really a keyword.

I really hope they show more cards this weekend. The 6 so far are pretty underwhelming.

If they do end up doing this it'll be interesting to see what cards they move. Sir Finley is definitely one I'd like to see made permanent in Standard. Twilight Guardian, as you mentioned, would also be a good one but considering they basically threw mechs into the wind I'm not sure how likely Blizzard will be to go out of their way to keep tribal archetypes alive.

I'm guessing we will get Reno put into standard if people don't end up too sick of him. Maybe something like Echo of Medivh too.

JesseZao

Sorry, I should have clarified. I spent like 8 years of my life thinking it was "See-thun" and about a year ago realized it was "Kah-thun" so the inner teenager in me still hasn't gotten used to "Kah-thun" yet.

Like me and "Bob-uh Fett" or "Ninja Gay-den".

I got over Boba, but I still want to say Gay-den.

Tagyhag

I find it odd they aren't going to put the C’Thun and his cards in Arena. I mean, I get they aren't great, but its not like you are fucked if they show up in a draft. The ones shown so far have fine stats.

Yeah I rather see C'Thun than Rafaam either way. Arena shouldn't be limited like that.

Top Bottom