• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ViviOggi

I fell asleep after the reveal but what the fuck guys. Paladin getting a solid/good common and not an outrageously broken curvegod is EXACTLY what needs to happen

Yeah it's just a big Muster - Paladin is boring by design so w/e tbh

Tarazet

I fell asleep after the reveal but what the fuck guys. Paladin getting a solid/good common and not an outrageously broken curvegod is EXACTLY what needs to happen

Yeah it's just a big Muster - Paladin is boring by design so w/e tbh

I agree with that, but I'll say it again, Paladin needs something for the early game to take the place of all the stuff that's cycling out. Warhorse Trainer is a good card. Other than that, Uther starts playing on turn 4, and by that point, the aggro decks have disgorged their entire hand already and are tearing him up.

Not that this card suggests Uther WON'T get a new 2 or 3 drop. I just think that this doesn't really plug the right hole.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope they have another card that somehow boosts all Silver Hand Recruits. Quartermaster is probably the card I'm most sad to lose.

Tarazet

I just hope they have another card that somehow boosts all Silver Hand Recruits. Quartermaster is probably the card I'm most sad to lose.

That's what Warhorse Trainer does. He even has good stats! It's a testament to how broken Paladin is, that a card this good couldn't even see play in decks that HAVE Muster...

22330-warhorse-trainer.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That actually sounds like a pretty good card to me...better than annoy-o-tron actually

You know, I think you are right.

Ok, he is a 2 mana 2/4, but he gives a random enemy hero taunt and divine shield. But hey, play him on an empty board and he is good!

The Corrupted Annoy-o-Tron/Black Knight value

I just want to point out that the art for the Corrupted Healbot is seriously badass.

1GoUZAh.jpg

Why hello there Warhammer imagine meeting you in a Blizzard game.

But in all seriousness are they going to be releasing more artwork because for some reason I love that.

On the cards so far I think we are just getting the dull ones out of the way first. Blizzard knows that they have to wow the community to make up for removing Naxx and GvG and are saving the good stuff till later.

ricelord

just lost a game in a golden monkey match with a priest because my blingtron gave me cursed blade. basically had the game in the bag but nope.

Pooya

So the stats in the cinematic trailer are accurate. Too bad there is no death's bite in standard (yet)

Maybe Blizzard gave away all the decent cards to partners and streamers to reveal and themselves were with left the worst ones!

6 health just seems too low for the effect unless you can combo it a few times right away. Even then a few 2/2 taunts on turn 7 aren't particularly great.

If it was a 6/8 or something I'd be more optimistic since you could just slap it down as a later game value minion like a grown up Imp Gang Boss or something. Of course, that would require the meta to slow down.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Could be... Decent I guess. Maybe good? Outside of mage, how many classes can deal 6+ damage in a single hit with a spell? While a bit weak for a 7 drop, if you play him on curve you could get some decent value out of him. And he gains some decent value if you have ways to damage your own minions.

He has potential, thats for sure. But it probably safe to say he won't see play without some thing seriously good to help him. Maybe some dumb 0 mana Priest or Shaman Spell that deals 1 damage, then increases the max life of a minion by 2. If that existed it would be good.

Pooya

This one though is actually kinda better than the regular Hogger. I guess the card is somewhat similar to Troggzor. It's slow but could be good in the new meta.

It's kinda weird, there are so many creatures and character in warcraft they can use to print new cards, yet they are doing this instead.

Raxus

Shame the new hogger is kind of garbage it seems. The nerf to BGH helps that card tremendously. It all comes down to meta. So far nothing really sticking out.

Pooya

It's just a big Imp Gang Boss if you don't get combo value. Which is not as good, as one shot killing imp gang boss is harder that early in the game.

But then again on board trades, you can't run two minions into it because of taunts. I think it's a good card to have in the game in general.

The one thing this card has going for it is that, with the new formats, the 7 mana slot is extremely poor again so dropping something like this on turn 7 could be fairly attractive when the best neutral option in the game is essentially Stormwind Champion.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's just a big Imp Gang Boss if you don't get combo value. Which is not as good, as one shot killing imp gang boss is harder that early in the game.

But then again on board trades, you can run two minions into it because of taunts. I think it's a good card to have in the game in general.

7 Mana may be a fair value. In the average case he is going to be 8/8 for stats, and has the potential to spawn even more things. The biggest draw back is that aggro decks can just ignore him to close out the game, but Boom sort of has the same issue. If you have your own activator for even 1 extra tick, the card is likely worth it to be included.

I actually think he is going to see a good amount of play. He won't be auto include like Boom, but I think he will work well in Warrior and Priest decks. He is pretty weak to Hexes and Silences though, so how rampant those will be after Standard makes a big impact on his playability.

Peléo

New Hogger is amazing. Even if you get one-shoted, it is still a one mana more expensive Savannah Highmane that spawns a single Hyenna. If you can get two or three is even better. I think it will see play.

New Hogger seems.....slow. Poor stats, does nothing when it hits the board, opponent can ignore it, etc. I'd prefer Hogger have taunt and the gnolls didn't since the are doing the whole corrupt thing anyways. Would have been pretty good in current patron warrior with Death's Bite...

New hogger is a rebalanced sludge belcher. I judge these cards against Eboladin and a 7 mana 6/6 that does nothing when dropped will not be as good.

It is a nerf.

Amazing in old patron warrior though.

Xanathus

I've gotten only 40 gold quests 5 days in a row even with rerolling a quest every single day. Pretty sure Blizzard nerfed gold quest rates in anticipation of WOG.

peakish

Was taken off guard by a Reno Rogue, which I should have seen coming by seeing no doublettes, but man does it feel great to precisely get lethal by top decking the final Eviscerate a few turns later. The only card that could have saved me after my Ravenholdt Assassin was frozen the previous turn.

Top Bottom