• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Malice215

I'm assuming that Blizzard is announcing all the boring stuff first and saving the juicy stuff for later, but I'm disappointed in how boring these new cards are in terms of their design.

The only thing I'm excited about right now is the cardback. I hope that reprints of existing cards don't make up too much of the expansion card pool.

Dahbomb

I feel like new Hogger is too slow against aggro decks and too easily countered by control decks. His greatest strength is that he's nearly impossible to clear through small and midrange minions alone because you moment you attack into him with one minion he spawns a gnoll which keeps you from attacking into him with a second one. That's not really a big deal for control decks and aggro decks will just keep going face.

So a decent midrange-counter option but most decks will handle him easily or try to ignore him.
It reminds me of Troggzor. Though I think it might be better than Troggzor.

In fact, it's a reverse Troggzor. Troggzor you deal with by sending your minions into it and not using removals, with new Hoggor you use your removal and not suicide smaller minions into it.

I am curious to see how this will play out. Certainly a valid option for the all Legendary deck at least lol.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Bets on how long after tomorrow it takes before "we need more deck slots" is a thing again?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to get more tomorrow. But I think it's been a bit lost in all the hype that really all you have now is one slot for each class in each format. It's still not really enough for those who were hoping to have multiple decks with different builds.

sibarraz

Banned
That's what Warhorse Trainer does. He even has good stats! It's a testament to how broken Paladin is, that a card this good couldn't even see play in decks that HAVE Muster...

22330-warhorse-trainer.png

The card will not be good even when the other broken paladin cards doesn't exist

the only way to work is if you manage to had a lot of silverhand on play, and even with muster sometimes that's hard to happen the next turn that is played..

If hat card give a health boost, or for some broken reason the silver hands could gain charge, it will be a great card, but without it, the benefits doesn't last enough to justify his existence on a deck

Tagyhag

There are Reno face hunters now?

Fuck that card, I don't see how people don't think it's going to be an even bigger problem once Naxx and GVG are gone.

Xanathus

New card revealed on stream, Eater of Secrets. Neutral 4 mana 2/4 minion, Battlecry Destroy all enemy secrets. Gain +1/+1 for each.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Not liking the secret eater

4 mana 2/4 is imposible to play if you match up against a non-secret player. It's basically a completely dead card.

4 mana 4/3 or 2 mana cycle isn't great either but at least it's usable.

Pooya

You hit one secret you get 3/5 for 4 which isn't bad. Still worse than a Kezan.

You hit no secret it's worse than Kezan Mystic.

It's a different Kezan Mystic. Niche at best. Yeah, it beats MC turn but it's worse every where else. Cards like this are not good. This is Lil' Exorcist I predicted they will print a while back. Secret paly will be an issue in wild and they said they still care about that, so I guess a nerf still could happen if reddit complains enough.

manhack

Hate cards are a mixed bag. Awful if you opponent doesn't have secrets and you will never draw it on time if the do run secrets.

sibarraz

Banned
I think that this card is better than kezan mystic. And will be included in decks that had problems against secret cards, plus the stats that will had destroying a secret are not that bad., at least I prefer a 3/5 than a 4/3

Still, I think that standard already is a big nerf on secret paladin.

Besides the ability of the card, secret paladin was super broken for the rest of the deck too, all those sticky minions that could survive until turn 6 made MC a really scary card, But using secret paladin with the same secrets but with other minions isn't really that good. If you also consider that Avenge is phased out, the card loses a lot of strength, plus the deck will also lose

shielded minibot
piloted shredder,
loatheb
dr boom
muster for battle
coghammer
sludge belcher
aunted creeper

without those you had a deck that loses A LOT of his appeal. Still, we had to wait what new cards will the expansion include, maybe they release replacements that somehow make the deck even better

Shiver

now how about smorc eater. 4 mana 2/4 minion, Battlecry Destroy all charge cards in your opponents deck and replace them with wisps. Gain +1/+1 for each.

Pooya

The only good 'hate card' is Harrison Jones. If it takes a legendary card to be a 'hate card', they might as well print one for secrets. No one will play two of this ever anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fuck Secrets, the card.

That thing actually damn good. Fucks up secret paladin, fucks up Freeze Mage, hell it even is a nucuisine to Hunter. Its also significantly better then Kaizen.

It may be a crappy drop in other matchups, but its super good against two powerful decks.

Also Giant Sand Worm is a good card. Especially if BGH is nerfed.

Sheroking

Not liking the secret eater

4 mana 2/4 is imposible to play if you match up against a non-secret player. It's basically a completely dead card.

4 mana 4/3 or 2 mana cycle isn't great either but at least it's usable.

I think you miss the point of the card.

It's existence as a tech card prevents decks that heavily rely on secrets from controlling the meta. There will never be a deck like Secret Paladin again because we could tech that in to destroy them.

It doesn't actually need to be played to have a profound impact. It's actually pretty huge for Wild format, funnily enough.

Pooya

It's not better than Kezan. Kezan creates a swing, this doesn't really. You just get a dude on board. Stealing mirror entity is a LOT better than destroying it. You usually deal with 1 - 2 secret anyway.

This card won't help against secret paly in wild. Because you have to draw it, there is still a sticky board and a 6/6 on board. secret paly will just go face and kill you with all the tempo he has from earlier.

Top Bottom