• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

bjaelke

KTvfSCT.jpg

"Whenever an attack by this minion kills another minion, it can attack again. (beast)"

Alright someone on Reddit made a good point, look at how Dragon is spelled on both cards, one of them has an accent mark above the "o" and the other doesn't. Probably means at least one of them is fake(which makes it likely that the other is fake too).

The Hunter card seems real though, cool card too.

Edit: Oh and the egg having a rarity gem is a sign that it's fake too, unless the egg was a seperate card too I guess.

Pooya

Those dragons are all fake, why? Summoned minions don't have rarity gem and I don't think blizzard is going to print a better nerubian egg.

Lawl at Halion. They are drip feeding cards one by one, some how some place got three? yeah no.

Portugeezer

That is a good Hunter card. 8/8 for 8 is solid enough, demands that your opponent deals with it, and has a crazy effect if it stays on the board. Also has synergy with Tundra Rhino, and things like Bestial Wrath, etc.

Weird thing is that there was a fan made legendary card that did the same thing (probably had charge by default though), lol Blizzard taking notes?

Crazy in Arena.

rukland

Anub'arak won't make your Rogue deck good in this meta. Nothing will.

Even knowing this I am torn. I want to hope it will help come the new format, but I think I am just trying to find a reason to get one. Honestly I don't see it being anything more then a fun card to get during this current brawl.

Tarazet

Even knowing this I am torn. I want to hope it will help come the new format, but I think I am just trying to find a reason to get one. Honestly I don't see it being anything more then a fun card to get during this current brawl.

It's been good to see Ogre Ninja, Mech-Bear-Cat, Obsidian Destroyer, and all the other forgotten good late-game cards that Dr. Boom has eclipsed for the past year. Don't do it though. I even crafted Edwin van Cleef and it's still fucking hopeless.

rukland

It's been good to see Ogre Ninja, Mech-Bear-Cat, Obsidian Destroyer, and all the other forgotten good late-game cards that Dr. Boom has eclipsed for the past year. Don't do it though. I even crafted Edwin van Cleef and it's still fucking hopeless.

Yeah I will hold off maybe I will get lucky and pull one if I ever buy TGT packs.

Dahbomb

Hogger is interesting, might be playable might not be playable. I feel like aggro decks will ignore it completely and control decks will use removal on it.

Hunter card won't get used unless Hunter as a class is heavily modified. Kinda depends on a BGH nerf, without it the card is unplayable. Very good in Arena though.

rukland

Ok so what cards should I have for rogue, I mean what are the true staples? I know I need preps but I am not sure beyond that.

Pooya

They should have made it common, it would give hunter in arena a much needed buff.

I think fun cards like that should be common in general. No one is going to craft it, meaning hardly anyone will play it. Same applies to bunch of others like hobgoblin or astral communion. They could see more play if they were commons with people trying fun gimmicky decks. As epic they just collect dust.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What's the name of that hunter card? For a second I thought it was Ouro but it's not a legendary.

Pooya

Ok so what cards should I have for rogue, I mean what are the true staples? I know I need preps but I am not sure beyond that.

Bloodmage Thalnos, Malygos or Edwin. Depends on what you want to play. Thalnos goes in every rogue deck, spellpower is huge for rogue, so is cycling. You get both in one efficient card.

Edwin, best 3 cost minion in the game, wins games by itself. It's just really good tempo play demanding answer.

Malygos, spellpower is huge for rogue. Your cheap spells can win the game.

rukland

Bloodmage Thalnos, Malygos or Edwin. Depends on what you want to play. Thalnos goes in every rogue deck, spellpower is huge for rogue, so is cycling. You get both in one efficient card.

Edwin, best 3 cost minion in the game, wins games by itself. It's just really good tempo play demanding answer.

Malygos, spellpower is huge for rogue. Your cheap spells can win the game.

So if I were to craft only one Thalnos seems like the right one.

Tarazet

Preparation, Eviscerate, Blade Flurry, SI:7 Agent are the non-basic cards that you'll see in nearly every Rogue deck. LoE gives you Unearthed Raptor and Tomb Pillager, each of which can have decks built around them. Bloodmage Thalnos, Edwin, and Dr. Boom for legendaries. Malygos in some lists.

rukland

Preparation, Eviscerate, Blade Flurry, SI:7 Agent are the non-basic cards that you'll see in nearly every Rogue deck. LoE gives you Unearthed Raptor and Tomb Pillager, each of which can have decks built around them. Bloodmage Thalnos, Edwin, and Dr. Boom for legendaries. Malygos in some lists.

So I need to craft preps, my 2nd Blade Flurry and I guess Thalnos. I don't have enough to craft Edwin and Maly and I have Dr. 7

And I am not even thinking about crafting anything that is going away soon. I don't plan to mess around with Wild much once we get the two formats.

JesseZao

So I need to craft preps, my 2nd Blade Flurry and I guess Thalnos. I don't have enough to craft Edwin and Maly and I have Dr. 7

And I am not even thinking about crafting anything that is going away soon. I don't plan to mess around with Wild much once we get the two formats.

Azure drakes fit into pretty much every rogue deck as well if you have those.

ZealousD

I feel like new Hogger is too slow against aggro decks and too easily countered by control decks. His greatest strength is that he's nearly impossible to clear through small and midrange minions alone because you moment you attack into him with one minion he spawns a gnoll which keeps you from attacking into him with a second one. That's not really a big deal for control decks and aggro decks will just keep going face.

So a decent midrange-counter option but most decks will handle him easily or try to ignore him.

CoolOff

It is slow, but even with one hit you get a 6/6 and a 2/2 taunt for 7 mana. That's pretty decent, and since it has so much more upside it's actually a pretty strong card.

Like you said, it's a midrange-killer.

I've been enjoying playing this "poor man's Tempo Mage" deck. I don't have Antonidas but it's been functional and does a job for. Kezan Mystic usually comes and goes depending on the amount of Paladins/Hunters/Freeze Mages I see.

HFxFO6b.jpg

Counterspell is in their for those "Oh, you wanted to play that? I'm sorry..." moments. Actually won me a few games, to be fair.

So I need to craft preps, my 2nd Blade Flurry and I guess Thalnos.

I made a rogue deck for a daily and wondered why I was doing so badly. Then I realised I didn't have Blade Flurry. Or Prep. Or Thalnos. Now I just re-roll rogue quests...

ZealousD

It is slow, but even with one hit you get a 6/6 and a 2/2 taunt for 7 mana. That's pretty decent, and since it has so much more upside it's actually a pretty strong card.

A 6/6 and a 2/2 taunt for 7 mana is fair. It's a 5.5 mana body with a 1.5-1.75 mana body. That's nothing to get excited about. And you aren't even guaranteed that 2/2 taunt if he gets polymorph, hexed, sw:d, entombed, etc.

You gotta get the second gnoll to make it good which means trading has to happen. If there's no trading, he's no good.

JesseZao

A 6/6 and a 2/2 taunt for 7 mana is fair. It's a 5.5 mana body with a 1.5-1.75 mana body. That's nothing to get excited about. And you aren't even guaranteed that 2/2 taunt if he gets polymorph, hexed, sw:d, entombed, etc.

You gotta get the second gnoll to make it good which means trading has to happen. If there's no trading, he's no good.

He could also be run in a patron deck.

Levi

Banned
Get a druid quest

Midrange druid ftw?

Queue into zoo six straight times

Best deck in this meta my ass.

Says a bunch of pricks at legend all playing freeze mage and control warrior and a bunch of Reddit crybabies who parrot whatever tempostrom tells them.

inky

Man, I wish this game had replays. I just had a fucking amazing comeback.

I was against a Rogue at 30 HP. He had a 6/6 Loeatheb with taunt, a 2/3 (Argus) and Sylvanas on board. 1 card in hand.

I had nothing on the board, was at 3 HP with Tree of Life (from a Raven Idol), Moonkin, BGH, Living Roots, Innervate and Swipe.

Basically, I just Tree of Life + BGH -> eat his damage next turn (he backstabbed the BGH) -> use the Moonkin Swipe to semi clear (left a 5/2 Sylvanas on board) -> he attacks with Sylvanas, then steals Moonkin it by comboing Fan of Knives + SI Agent -> I draw Wrath and use it to draw + Living Roots to clear. Draw a Druid of the Claw to Stabilize, Next turn Grove Tender to win back the board.

RIP. God, that felt good.

Top Bottom