• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I rerolled the spectator quest today. I'm at the point where I value gold more than I do the free pack.

Even if you dust the pack you're still going to get an average of 100 dust. That's still very good. Something like 40-60 gold is only more valuable in the short term. In the long term the pack is better.

Xanathus

Just want to say something about the whole "it doesn't get played because of BGH" meme. It's not true (exactly). It's become a meme because streamers like Reynad like to say it but the real reason why you don't play big expensive minions that do not have an immediate effect like Illidan and Sand Worm is because cheap removals for big minions exist in the game like SW:Death, Execute, Shield Slam, Hex, Polymorph, etc. BGH just happens to be one of those, but it's also the only one decent accessible to Druid (aside from Mulch/Naturalize).

Levi

Banned
Even if you dust the pack you're still going to get an average of 100 dust. That's still very good. Something like 40-60 gold is only more valuable in the short term. In the long term the pack is better.

I suppose so, but the more gold I have the less I have to play constructed before I can do an arena run. 100 dust doesn't get me into arena, and I have 10k dust saved anyway.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Just want to say something about the whole "it doesn't get played because of BGH" meme. It's not true (exactly). It's become a meme because streamers like Reynad like to say it but the real reason why you don't play big expensive minions that do not have an immediate effect like Illidan and Sand Worm is because cheap removals for big minions exist in the game like SW:Death, Execute, Shield Slam, Hex, Polymorph, etc. BGH just happens to be one of those, but it's also the only one decent accessible to Druid (aside from Mulch/Naturalize).

I thinkthe reasoning is wrong here. Cheap removal is one thing, but the reason big minions getting BGH'd is so bad is the tempo swing. Spending all your mana on a big minion and then getting that minion killed WHILE ALSO giving your opponent a 4/2 body is ridiculously bad. Game-losing-ly bad. That swing is so massive in a game like hearthstone where board control and tempo are (often) everything.

If your big minion is simply polymorphed, executed, hexed, etc, then the minion is dead but your opponent hasn't actually increased their board state or tempo. There is a reason rogues don't run Assassinate. The card does nothing for the most important thing in the game. I think cheap removal is a GOOD thing for the game. Polymorph and the like are important tools for every class to have. But when the removal ALSO gives a free tempo boost that is a bridge too far. That is the reason everyone runs BGH and will continue doing so as long as that effect is attached to a reasonably priced body. Cheap removal that doubles as board presence is a bad, bad idea.

ZealousD

You know with Unstable Portal moving to wild, I think we should correct the OT numbering, once Standard comes out, lol.

Owzers

It will be about three months from when standard was announced to when we get it, the wait is getting at me in an annoyance kind of way where i don't like Blizzard.

ZealousD

Lol they don't want to announce things too early

I think they announced standard early so people wouldn't whine about crafting GvG/Naxx cards just before standard came out.

Like if you crafted a Golden Dr. Boom the day before they announced Old Gods, wouldn't you be kind of mad if you found out that standard would be a thing that same day?

Apathy

I think they announced standard early so people wouldn't whine about crafting GvG/Naxx cards just before standard came out.

Like if you crafted a Golden Dr. Boom the day before they announced Old Gods, wouldn't you be kind of mad if you found out that standard would be a thing that same day?

Yeah but 3 months and claiming they don't want to announce things too early is the joke.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I assume they just sort of fucked up here. For starters, they released LoE likely a month earlier then planned because of how much the community was bitching about TGT. Then they decided to announce that Standard would be coming out in the future. They announced it well in advance to make sure the community wouldn't be too burned by it, but then the community is starting to hammer Blizzard wanting the next expansion. So they moved the announcement date up a week an a half, and now everyone is still upset.

I imagine the original plan was LoE in December, and to announce WotOGs March 21st, one month before launch at the end of April.

Owzers

I crafted Malganis the week before the announcement.....i thought he was going to be eternal.

Pooya

Best way to farm gold looks like to be playing Elise priest in casual mode, looks like people don't have patience for that and concede to deathlord lol. I got so many wins.

Pandacon

I rerolled the spectator quest today. I'm at the point where I value gold more than I do the free pack.

Speaking of the spectator quest, I'm still in the market for classic card packs, I could use some friends to spectate. Shoot me a invite "Pandacon#1171" if anyone wants to spectate a spectacular spectacle of misplays.

These updates always give me mixed feelings, partly because I don't spend much money on this game, I'm always behind in cards. But I look forward to the change, and at least they'll give me a free legendary, that'll be nice.

Shiver

Yeah after the second patch the game loads up fine but I don't have the new UI. I guess they pushed the wrong patch or something?

I'm downloading a THIRD patch now. gj blizzard
1x

edit: it's still 4.1.0

Pooya

so I guess we are not seeing new cards today? No news, nothing is happening, no announcement of announcement. Even the patch is seemingly delayed.

gutshot

Datamined news from the patch via HearthPwn:

Lady Liadrin - The Next Paladin Hero
The next Paladin Hero will be Lady Liadrin. She will be obtained through a WoW promo.

Obtained through an upcoming World of Warcraft promotion.

635935738613480265.png

Speaking of the spectator quest, I'm still in the market for classic card packs, I could use some friends to spectate. Shoot me a invite "Pandacon#1171" if anyone wants to spectate a spectacular spectacle of misplays.

I'm still looking for more/any people to spectate to that daily whenever it comes up. Feel free to add me, people.

CelticKnight#2696

georly

Datamined news from the patch via HearthPwn:

So, shattered sun cleric?

Yeah, weird. She's already a card (but not really?) I mean, it's based off this one.

Also, weird how many hearth cards take the art from the WoW TCG but change the name entirely.

She was in the Japanese voice actor skin list.

The other two are Tyrande and Maiev.

For priest and rogue? I wish all of the heroes were the opposite faction's version of them :/ Medivh is a neutral party, right? Would have been cool to see a horde mage and a horde priest instead of what we're getting. I like that hunter/warrior were from the alliance.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For priest and rogue? I wish all of the heroes were the opposite faction's version of them :/ Medivh is a neutral party, right? Would have been cool to see a horde mage and a horde priest instead of what we're getting. I like that hunter/warrior were from the alliance.

Maiev isn't really an Alliance character anymore.

georly

Maiev isn't really an Alliance character anymore.

I don't really keep up w/ lore, I just know her as being from the night elf faction in WC3, which was 'alliance' in WoW. Is she independent now or did she switch to horde?

This deck better have totemic might in it! LOL

Can't wait for youtube videos and streamers trying out all the new preconstructed decks for fun and to see how they do.

it would be AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmazing to see at least one of them somehow enter the meta.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't really keep up w/ lore, I just know her as being from the night elf faction in WC3, which was 'alliance' in WoW. Is she independent now or did she switch to horde?

She's a villain like Gul'dan or Garrosh.

Valeera isn't really an Alliance character either (she repeatedly insists she's not actually). She's more so just a friend of Varian's.

Top Bottom