• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

georly

She's a villain like Gul'dan or Garrosh.

I mean, she's cool enough looking to be a villain, so I'm fine with that.

I guess what I really want is more 'opposite faction race?' So, if the hero is an alliance race, make the new skin a horde race. Orc -> human, blood elf -> night elf, etc.

JesseZao

Hero skin tied to WoW? Lame. 10 bucks was too cheap so now they want 60 plus a sub fee?

I really hope she's not only available as a promo.

georly

Hero skin tied to WoW? Lame. 10 bucks was too cheap so now they want 60 plus a sub fee?

I really hope she's not only available as a promo.

Hopefully it's 'free if you buy the expansion/collector's' or 'pay money.' That said, I don't think blizz has ever done that ever, no? If it's limited to a collector's edition, it's typically just that.

Maybe it'll be like getting the hearthsteed in wow - play wow for a month, get liadrin. Best case is that it's a way to get hearthstone players to try out wow - so playing the free to play version is all it takes. Get to lvl 10 or something. Dunno how it would be for existing players (who have since retired from wow, like me).

Apathy

Datamined news from the patch via HearthPwn:

635935738613480265.png

That's a really bad art piece for her

This is her WoW appearance

AYXNaTw.jpg

bjaelke

Will Reward set cards such as Gelbin Mekkatorque and Old Murk-Eye be part of Wild or Standard format?
All current Reward set cards, including Promo cards, will be restricted to Wild format.

When Standard format arrives, the Captain’s Parrot and Old Murk-Eye cards won’t be given for collecting their associated classic cards, but can instead be crafted (and disenchanted).

Acquiring the Promo cards Gelbin Mekkatorque and Elite Tauren Chieftain remains unchanged: the normal versions of these cards can still be crafted or disenchanted, while the golden versions were acquired via special events and cannot be disenchanted or crafted.
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19995505/a-new-way-to-play-2-2-2016#cards

Obviously that's not live yet, so he's still "standard".

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hopefully it's 'free if you buy the expansion/collector's' or 'pay money.' That said, I don't think blizz has ever done that ever, no? If it's limited to a collector's edition, it's typically just that.

Maybe it'll be like getting the hearthsteed in wow - play wow for a month, get liadrin. Best case is that it's a way to get hearthstone players to try out wow - so playing the free to play version is all it takes. Get to lvl 10 or something. Dunno how it would be for existing players (who have since retired from wow, like me).

I'm a recovering addict so I really don't need to be snorting that shit. I honestly would sooner pay money rather than play WoW for an extended period. If it was "get to lvl 10" I suppose I would live with it, but I might still rather pay money.

Incidentally it was my guild hitting a wall on C'Thun that led me to quitting WoW. I'm sure that 40-man C'Thun is still one of the most difficult encounters that Blizzard has designed. You had to get 40 people to split up into 8 separate 5-man groups that had to space out into Pentagons around the room, then occassuonally run in a half circle to the other side and reform up. You had to do this like 4 or more times I think? It's been awhile.

georly

laugh.gif

No, they announced recently that all the Promo Cards were not going to be legal in standard, and that included Old Murk Eye.

Ok ok i get it! I missed this piece of info, I guess.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If Blizzard was looking for another way to do alternate heroes, this wasn't the way to choose guys.

They got halfway there with the deck recipes already. Lady Liadrin bundle. $10. Comes with the cards necessary for a mid-quality Paladin deck archetype. $5 without the cards.

Also, where is the preorder?

Apathy

She's a villain like Gul'dan or Garrosh.

Valeera isn't really an Alliance character either (she repeatedly insists she's not actually). She's more so just a friend of Varian's.

Think you might be confusing Maive with Cordana who sides with Gul'dan. Maive isn't evil, she just driven to only hunt Illidan and goers a bit nuts when he is finally killed in BC.

Even in Legion
shes locked up in Blackrook Hold

pantsmith

These basic decks they put into my deck collection are AWFUL.

Edit: wooops, thought you meant deck recipes

They're there to give an idea of how different cards can play off of eachother, and inspire the user to then build their own.

Its really meant as a bridge between a starting F2P player and netdecks.

ZealousD

But now I can see how awful they are in their entirety.

Did they put them in the collection manager or something? They've always had them in the deck selection screen in play mode, people just forgot about them.

Rosenskjold

Thanks!

It's the first real time I got to 12. And I say real time because I got to 12 once during the amazon early release bug, but I was playing against the same guys each time, so it wasn't really fair.

The first, and only time, I got 12 wins in arena I was almost freaking out :p Felt so good to finally reach that milestone in the game.

gutshot

Did they put them in the collection manager or something? They've always had them in the deck selection screen in play mode, people just forgot about them.

Yeah, the 9 new deck slots are pre-filled with the Basic decks. You have to go in and delete them all to get your extra deck slots.

georly

No Force+Roar in any of the Druid recipes.

That *IS* interesting. Almost assuredly confirms a huge force roar nerf. This weekend I added the basic 14 cards from force roar (2 of force, roar, keeper, claw, lore, swipe, innervate) and had the game fill in the remaining 16 cards for me and I went on a 5 game winning streak.

ZealousD

Yeah, the 9 new deck slots are pre-filled with the Basic decks. You have to go in and delete them all to get your extra deck slots.

Oh my gosh. So basically they took out the basic deck screen in the deck selector and just turned it into another screen for decks from your collection manager?

What a slapdash way to give us more deckslots.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's pretty horrible that the years-in-the-making solution to deck slots was essentially:

Get rid of basic decks, change the basic decks button in Play mode to a change page arrow, and add a scroll bar to the collection manager.

inky

Yeah, it says a lot about their "difficulties" when deciding how to offer more deckslots. Just add a scroll bar and an arrow to a second screen where the basic sets were. wow, such innovation, much hard.

I wish you could just drag and drop decks from the "My Decks" list to order them whatever way you wished. It's a small QoL change that most people won't care about, but any other two bit developer would've figured it out by now. I'm sure Blizzard would have to go through 2000 hours of iteration to do something like that tho. Can't rush changes like that, no sir.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh my gosh. So basically they took out the basic deck screen in the deck selector and just turned it into another screen for decks from your collection manager?

Yup, this is literally all they did. If you go to pick your deck, you still only have the 2 page deck slot thing, so once you delete all the basic decks you have the page cleared.

Apathy

It's hilarious that their own backend seems to support 18 slots max and they had to get them from somewhere.

The UI right now though is a little horrible with the 9 new slots added having to scroll through them. Seems like a bit of a rush job without making a UI to go around it. Although for all I know it's some sort of work around they have to do cause of mobile players.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's honestly sad more than anything. There was an awful lot of speculation and criticism as well as defense about deck slots over time, but I can't imagine how this solution took any more than an afternoon's time for one programmer.

I'm sure the argument would be that they spent more time thinking of ways to do it than actually implementing it, but when this is the solution you settle for I don't really believe you thought that hard about other options.

bjaelke

It's honestly sad more than anything. There was an awful lot of speculation and criticism as well as defense about deck slots over time, but I can't imagine how this solution took any more than an afternoon's time for one programmer.

I'm sure the argument would be that they spent more time thinking of ways to do it than actually implementing it, but when this is the solution you settle for I don't really believe you thought that hard about other options.

But how much thinking is needed when the best solution has already been found?

6f68327d7311e29cadd8d4c10fdc498a.gif

Top Bottom