• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

It would be overpowered as fuck. Every time you used it can put up a taunt or a spell power totem, yeah right.
Or a 1/1 minion? ;-)

No matter what, Shaman hero power needs to be revamped to be non-random. It's just garbage right now, and a huge part of why Shaman is so bad.

I would remove the 1/1 and make the other totems 0/1s. Then let the shaman choose.

Sure you could pump out taunts, but the other active hero powers would directly counter it and you still need to spend the two mana.

Would make the class a lot more interesting/strategic to play. Justicar has also shown it will be strong late game, but by no means broken.

CodeNfX

I need some friends for Spectator mode quest. Don't care if you're on tilt, I usually browse the web on my second monitor or playing Clash Royale anyways. I'm on U.S Region, add me Codenfx#1505

Moonlight

Banned
I would remove the 1/1 and make the other totems 0/1s. Then let the shaman choose.

Sure you could pump out taunts, but the other active hero powers would directly counter it and you still need to spend the two mana.

Would make the class a lot more interesting/strategic to play. Justicar has also shown it will be strong late game, but by no means broken.
That's how I'd solve it. Maybe the 'better' version would instead be making the generated totems 1/1s.

Hycran

Banned
I thought the entire point was to do it with every different class? Don't get me wrong it's still an amazing feat, but I'm sure hafu, scamaz and krippo could also to it if they never had to play priest warrior hunter or shaman

Obviously it's great that his hunter and shaman runs were good, but priest and warrior are just as bad

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I thought the entire point was to do it with every different class? Don't get me wrong it's still an amazing feat, but I'm sure hafu, scamaz and krippo could also to it if they never had to play priest warrior hunter or shaman

Obviously it's great that his hunter and shaman runs were good, but priest and warrior are just as bad

If you are only given classes that you've already run then you are allowed to play a repeat. So he got lucky because he wasn't offered Priest or Warrior but that doesn't mean he wasn't following the rules.

Also beasts?

I mean, I guess. Just seems weird to have such a specific tribe as the focus of two classes, especially when beast Druid doesn't really work at all and beast Hunter is barely on the fringe of working.

Hopefully their commitment to beast Druid will be something that pays off this expansion or next.

I just won this Arena match (sad I didn't get to use Pyroblast since he quit), and the game said:
"Your win was recorded.
You have been disconnected.
Please restart Hearthstone to continue".

What's up with that?

I mean, I guess. Just seems weird to have such a specific tribe as the focus of two classes, especially when beast Druid doesn't really work at all and beast Hunter is barely on the fringe of working.

Hopefully their commitment to beast Druid will be something that pays off this expansion or next.
If they just mean shapeshifted Druids, then I think it makes sense.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

They tried to make Murloc Paladin and Murloc Shaman. Only one survived.
They tried to make Dragon Paladin and Dragon Priest. Only one survived.
They tried to make Mech everything. Only one survived.

Yes I am perfectly aware that other decks using these tribes exist but that doesn't mean that they are competitively viable or that they even approach the popularity of those tribal archetypes in their most popular form.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You say only one Dragon Deck Survived, but I swear I have seen every class pull a Dragon Deck on me in the last week. Dragon Hunter is still the oddest, I faced it several times. The Dragon Reno Warlock was not expected. The Dragon Rouge was apparently had a Malygos finisher (They managed to burn the card by mistake). The Dragon Mage also was going for the Malygos finisher, card showed up in a Joust. Dragon Paly did not get off the ground, it only managed to play Dragon Consort. Dragon Druid was some sort of Ramp deck, with Dragons. Dragon Warrior is basically what you would expect, Alexstrasza's Champion and Alexstrasza her self. I think that one's win condition was to assemble combo pieces to do 15 damage on our turn after Alex.

Actually, I take that back. There has been no Dragon Shamans. I have only faced Aggro face rush shaman, and blood lust shaman.

Unrelated, I need to see if I can retool my Warlock deck to do better against Tempo Mage. Its such a crappy match up for my current deck, the big issue is that Flame Waker is 4 HP, making it really hard to kill from hand on turn 3 or 4.

People have tried to make dragon Shaman work so I just hope Blizzard has caught on to that and will give them a class dragon this expansion. It's probably my biggest want for the class.

Realize I haven't played much in the last 2 weeks.

Log in and played like 6 matches of Secret Paladin (went 5-1) then like 5 matches of Druid (4-1) welp rank 5.

That was easy... lol. I'm so glad this shit is almost over. Bring on standard!

Danj

Realize I haven't played much in the last 2 weeks.

Log in and played like 6 matches of Secret Paladin (went 5-1) then like 5 matches of Druid (4-1) welp rank 5.

That was easy... lol. I'm so glad this shit is almost over. Bring on standard!

People like you are the reason people like me can't get past rank 15.

The Adder

Banned
Just had the most bullshit Mage Arena win.

T2: Portal - Sky Cap'n Kragg
T3: Effigy
T4: Play Kragg, run him into 3 attack minion, leaving 3 attack minion on board. My opponent kills Kragg, I get Prophet Velen. The game is effectively over.

Just had the most bullshit Mage Arena win.

T2: Portal - Sky Cap'n Kragg
T3: Effigy
T4: Play Kragg, run him into 3 attack minion, leaving 3 attack minion on board. My opponent kills Kragg, I get Prophet Velen. The game is effectively over.
Arena: pure skill. Just like my last win against a Rogue at 7 health and a full board, and I used Holy Wrath into Truesilver Sword to win the game.

Mulgrok

Figured I would try WoW again, after 6 years absence, for the hero portrait. It gives me an error message when i try to install the free trial. Oh well.

Pooya

It's not really bad. Play as a Pandaren, it was quite fun and doesn't look ugly. Older starting zones are really awful alright. Most of the time is spent just getting from A to B, you can just auto run to that direction and leave the game while you do something else. It takes like 3 hours.

FeD.nL

Meh to that Shaman card. Like at best it's a fair card so that probably means it will not see play in a competitive deck.

The stat distribution is nice but the effect is so meh on a legendary. If paladins could get MC as an epic than this effect should have definitely be on an epic for Shaman, for consistency sake.

Would have been much more fun if the effect would be a battlecry that heals the Shaman for the spell damage he's done this game so far.

Leezard

z8P1EvC

So apparently there has been a new card revealed at Razer's FB page.

ViviOggi

It's not terrible but I don't think it'll see play. It's pretty good when played on turn 1 against face decks but you already have Armorsmmiths/Acolytes to trade down 1 health garbage and Warrior rekts those decks anyway.

It'd be legit in Rogue as a cheap base for weapon buffs

jgminto

So apparently there has been a new card revealed at Razer's FB page.
Would be godlike in Rogue but I don't know if it fits with Warrior. It's really difficult for early weapon cards to compare to the Turn 2 Axe. It would be nice for mopping up one health minions though, you never want to burn an axe charge on a Gnome or Living Roots.

Top Bottom