• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

you say that like every warrior deck has fiery war axe(or that you always draw it even if you do)

warrior needs all the early game help it can get

pings can be very helpful later on as well if you don't have any other weapons currently floating around

and not only do one health minions sometimes show up this thing deals very well with two health ones as well,this plus the weapon can often deal with your opponents two drop and then you still have a 1/2 weapon floating around plus presumably a 2 drop of your own on the board

Of course you don't always get fiery war axe, but there is a high chance you do.

I'm not convinced at all that being able to take out a 2 health 2 drop is all that special for a 1 drop to do. And as far as late game, it's about as useful as an unbuffed rogue weapon, very little.

Lights justice is already an amazing arena card, this is basically a lights justice for warrior. Sure you would likely take firey war axe over this pirate, but this is a good choice when given poor choices.

Upgrade is warrior's light's justice.

edit:
I don't think it's the worse card ever for arena, but come on... it's still not that good for arena. It's certainly no minibot or velen's chosen degree of power...

Tagyhag

No, Rafaam's hero power is way broken compared to KT's

If you can get rafaa's staff built fast you instant win basically. As KT i just did a game where every single use of hero power was ressing spectral spider

Hah, never underestimate my bad luck. I had the staff by turn 5 and still lost through some serious bs rng.

rickyson1

Of course you don't always get fiery war axe, but there is a high chance you do.

I'm not convinced at all that being able to take out a 2 health 2 drop is all that special for a 1 drop to do. And as far as late game, it's about as useful as an unbuffed rogue weapon, very little.

Upgrade is warrior's light's justice.

edit:
I don't think it's the worse card ever for arena, but come on... it's still not that good for arena. It's certainly no minibot or velen's chosen degree of power...

it's not like the best card ever but it's still pretty good

put it this way,do you agree that it's a fair amount better than light's justice/upgrade! ?

because those cards are about on par with cards like mechwarper/faerie dragon/stonesplinter trogg already on tier lists

add a chunk to that and suddenly it's on par with cards like tiger/yeti/ogre brute

put that level of value in a 1 mana common card with both class offering boost and new expansion offering boost for a class that often has trouble curving out in the early game and while perhaps not earthshaking that makes for a fairly big deal

the warrior's not getting catapulted to the top tier or anything like that but it should go a long way towards keeping it from being the absolute worst class for another meta

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
N'Zoth's Mate is also like way better than Elven Archer, which is a perfectly good arena card in its own right, especially for a class like Warrior which doesn't have many pings of its own.

caesar

Banned
Er what n'zoths mate looks ridiculously good.

Oh I didn't realise its a warrior card. It still quite good but not auto include.

ok, i just got lucky as possible and crushed this rafaam

he burned the 3rd staff piece

even with him constantly finding answers, i got him. the key is, dont fuckin play mad scientist, lady blu, or spider

kelthusad only has like, 10 playable cards. stalag fugen, faerlina, a handful of shitty spells, the battlecry destroy a minion guy, the equip a weapon guy is marginal.... its pretty sad

Tarazet

Considering that Leper Gnome is supposedly going to be nerfed, and a lot of the other rush cards are going away, N'zoth's First Mate - Bloodsail Raider - Southsea Beefcake seems like a decently aggressive curve for going first.

bunbun777

Sir Finley lost me my first brawl match, I thought hero power shenanigans were disabled but apparently not. Lost my staff and when I tried to add the third part nothing happened.

Jesus, if KT gets out Heigan the Unclean on turn 2 or 3 it's game over. You can just spam hero power as KT after that and there's no way to come back for Rafaam if any of the 4-damage blasts from Heigan hit any of Rafaam's minions.

Jesus, if KT gets out Heigan the Unclean on turn 2 or 3 it's game over. You can just spam hero power as KT after that and there's no way to come back for Rafaam if any of the 4-damage blasts from Heigan hit any of Rafaam's minions.

Yeah, it's great.

Edit:

I am now realizing that filling your opponents board with Spectral Gothiks is the best thing to ever happen in this game.

79pK6Sb.jpg

12 damage per turn from his own minions before he could do anything about it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You don't need Midrange Druid or Secret Paladin to get past Rank 15, dude.

Just play Zoo or something.

I got to Rank 13 playing Ball of Spiders Feign Death Hunter, and refused to modify the deck list to help out on a few bad matchup (It was great playing a deck that completely crushed Freeze Mage though)

That Demon Handlock deck someone suggested is OK, but it has a lot of weak match ups. Tempo Mage is auto lose for it.

gutshot

Yeah this thing feels beyond unwinnable as Rafaam.

You have to flood the board because KT has no AoE removal. Upgrading your hero power early is a waste of tempo. The game I won as Rafaam I didn't update my hero power once. Just flooded the board, cleared KT's minions as they came out and applied steady face damage.

So is KT super broke or something? Seems more OP then nefarian in nef vs rag

Anyone else find it weird that there is a card that summons undead when theres no undead race

Kel'thuzad is way better in this brawl provided you don't play any of the regular minions.
Play Mad Scientist. Counterspell keeps Rathsm from upgrading his hero power. Autowin.

Anyone else find it weird that there is a card that summons undead when theres no undead race
YET.

Incoming Deathknight that uses the entire Naxx set!

These kinds of brawls would be so much better with faster turns. People who consistently let the rope burn in this brawl can go fuck themselves.

Tagyhag

I don't know, I lost every time I used him, Rafaam always got the full scepter before turn 5. Then again, I've lost maybe all but 1 of my games total. Game even crashed last time I lost as a double "Fuck you".

i only played two games, both as rafaam and I lost one won one, so not sure. But i do think KT is better just due to the quality minions it has compared to raf. And yea counterspell is big for KT to stop those hero power upgrades, but the hero power isnt all that great till the 3rd piece.

Pooya

Rafaam seems way easier to win with. Looks like it's better to not play stuff as KT. Just play mad scientist, get your duplicates out, then play legendary cards from turn 4 and onward. Playing creepers makes your heropower awful.

Rafaam seems way easier to win with. Looks like it's better to not play stuff as KT. Just play mad scientist, get your duplicates out, then play legendary cards from turn 4 and onward. Playing creepers makes your heropower awful.

As KT if you play any minion besides Heigan or Gothik you've fucked up.

Heropon

Finally, after a year of playing I've got a Keeper of the Grove from a pack. Now I just need Blade Flurry and I'll be able to play every class outside of casual.

I still need Force of Nature but I feel I won't need it when the expansion comes.

Hmm, interesting little article about Monk from Liquidhearth's visit to Blizzard.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/506312-monk-visits-blizzard-changes-coming-to-standard

Basic Rogue cards are seen as slightly too strong. Blizzard is cautious about adding powerful Rogue cards in expansions, since the power level of Rogue Basic cards is already so high. For example, Tinker's Sharpsword Oil and Tomb Pillager are two of the only significant additions in all of the expansions and adventures for the Rogue class. Look for Basic Rogue cards to be nerfed so that more powerful Rogue cards can be added in future expansions.

Master of Disguise was another card that was noted as possibly problematic in the future from a design perspective even though it is currently not found in any competitive decks.

The developers experimented with nerfing cards such as Wild Growth or Innervate but found that changing Ramp changed too much about what was core with Druid. In the Druid demo deck we got to play at the media event, both Wild Growth and Innervate were present. Take that as you may. Druid of the Claw could also be found in the deck.

Powerful cards which don't have to do with the overall theme of Druid are cards that would be looked at. Ancient of Lore and Keeper of the Grove were specifically called out and neither was in the Demo Druid deck.

Speaking of Keeper of the Grove, Blizzard is looking to weaken Silence overall. According to developers, it felt strange when you played a buff deck and it just happens to get countered because you happen to have two Silences innately built into your Druid deck. Extrapolating this could point to cards like Ironbeak Owl and Spellbreaker receiving nerfs.

Antique Healbot is a card that the designers are glad is rotating out of Standard. Instead, Blizzard wants more freedom to print more class-specific healing cards. Think Healing Wave, Flash Heal, or the newly released Shaman Legendary.

Big Game Hunter and "the Giants" are problematic cards.

It was hinted that Leper Gnome would be changed.

Old Murk-Eye will be cycling out in Standard, thus essentially killing the Murloc Paladin deck. Blizzard will not be replacing this card with something comparable.

The design team is going to try to avoid cards that can be splashed too easily in every deck. Think Piloted Shredder or Dr. Boom. If they could do it all over again, they would release Dr. Boom either as a class card or change it in a way so that it couldn't be thrown into so many different types of decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizzard needs to print more good not-combo cards for Rogue. Seems like Combo is a nightmare to balance for.

Owzers

Sounds like Druid is about to get absolutely bopped.

Surprisingly Rogue might too, although that could be better for the future of the class.

i have a golden keeper of the grove that is just waiting to be dusted, do what you must Blizzard. Also my golden Mysterious Challenger wants to be dusted but i haven't read anything about him being on a list.

Pooya

I guess something like backstab or fan can get nerfed. From my trackings the last 3 months, rogue by far is the least encountered class on ladder, I've played against something like 4 rogues this entire month. Nerfing it too much doesn't make much sense right now. All the usual basic cards are in the deck recipes too, I'm not sure things would change too much either way. Maybe sap get its cost bumped too. I don't expect text changes, maybe cost changes.

I expected something like prep get nerfed actually, but he says basic cards.

Top Bottom