• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Great stats, great control oriented effect, no overload.

It's like Blizzard is finally starting to understand what to do with Shaman and as someone who's favorite class is Shaman I couldn't be happier with this card.

Fishlake

Elemental destruction could end up fully healing you with this. At 10 mana you can play this elemental destruction and lavashock. I look forward to seeing what a control shaman looks like.

Pooya

I think it's more fitting for freeze shaman than midrange. Midrange doesn't have many spells for this to be worth it. Now you have healing waves and this but lose ancestor's call and crackle. Not sure about freeze shaman yet in standard but in wild could work.

Apathy

Really nice. Bet mages wish they got this.

Hallazeal is from WoW, from a one-off quest in Vash'jir.

"Legendary" goes a long way, I guess.

Yeah, it's weird this guy got to be a legendary and they didn't just name it after the elemental monstrosity. Even in wow, his abilities have nothing to do with the card. He looks exactly like the elemental monstrosity, just call it that. Weird blizzard as always

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Watch that card just be slotted into face decks anyway. "Oh, its turn 8 and I'm losing? Welp, time to drop Hallazeal and heal up a bunch. Just going to throw some burst into your face"

Yeah that's a good looking card right there.

Also I finally get to play through the adventures to get some more cards and level up a bit.

'Twas fun dealing 16 damage in one turn as a warrior for my daily challenge last night though. Sometimes this game makes me feel great, other times I get no decent draws until it's too late.

It seems alright. I'm surprised we're seeing reactions that it is definitely good, when I am more on the border as a first impression. We're talking about face heals, traditionally good against aggro decks, but on a 5 mana card that then takes additional mana to activate.

So lightning strike, we're talking 6+1o mana to heal 3. Lightning storm is 8+2o to heal quite a bit more depending on your opponent's board size. These are typically the damage spells that will be ran in standard midrange shaman, afawk. So who is this for? Are people really going to run elemental destruction/lava shock or even lava burst to get heals in combination of this 1 of? Is this card good enough to create a strategy around?

I could see it working in a bursty midrange deck, such as doomhammer + lavaburst style we saw in naxxramas for a bit when midrange hunter was rampant. And at least it is some tool for recovery in shaman that just might be good enough to run.

V-Faction

Doesn't work with Rockbiter nor a weapon, only spells. It'll likely last only one turn because your opponent will not let such an effect persist. And, it's health, not armor, so if you're still at full health it'll lose some of the healing.

Al'akir! The Mighty Neptulon! And of course... Hallazeal?

I wonder if this means more damaging spells are on the way?

ZennithRising

Neo Member
I have a few questions about the upcoming expansion:

-Can anyone tell how does pre-purchasing the new expansion work? I mean if I buy it now, will I be able to open 50 packs?

-Will opening them diminish the chances to get the actual expansion cards?

-I read somewhere that C`thun and beckoner of evil are guaranteed at first pack open, are the other 134 guaranteed by purchasing the expansion or is it RNG?

-Will I only be able to open the packs after launch?

-Is it worth to pre-purchase or is there a perk by waiting for launch?

Sorry for the question spam, but after googling it for an hour I can`t seem to find any of these answers 100%. It is like a secret or what?

Thank you Gaf community!

Hold on, what happened to Therazane? If they picked some rando to be the Shaman Legendary then is Therazane gonna be a neutral legendary?

This IS the Old Gods xpac and Therazane is the only Elemental Lord not in game so she has to show up this xpac...right?

-Can anyone tell how does pre-purchasing the new expansion work? I mean if I buy it now, will I be able to open 50 packs?

-I read somewhere that C`thun and beckoner of evil are guaranteed at first pack open, are the other 134 guaranteed by purchasing the expansion or is it RNG?

Sorry for the question spam, but after googling it for an hour I can`t seem to find any of these answers 100%. It is like a secret or what?

Thank you Gaf community!

You get the preordered packs when the expansion releases. You only get expansion cards in the expansion's set.

C'thun and 2 beckoners of evil come with your first OG pack opening, regardless of where you get the packs. There is also a limited promo that you get 3 packs for free just logging in.

The pre-purchase comes at a discount price, I think. There is no monetary benefit for waiting, except I do recall people expressing disappointment in prepurchasing tgt in the past because they ended up not liking the expansion for one reason or another.

I think I answered your questions.

If you prepurchase, once the expansion goes live you will have 50 Old Gods packs
No since the packs are only from the new xpansion
I believe so
Yes
You get a card back and I believe it's $10 less than just buying 50 packs

Thank you Gaf community!
For purchasing the packs, it may be easier to go through the amazon coins route. I don't know if you can prepurchase with amazon coins, hopefully you can. That is something else to know about. It is actually cheaper to buy amazon coins and then use those to buy hearthstone packs. I use an android emulator to do this. If the promotion is still going on you can get some free classic packs from playing/logging on hearthstone with a samsung galaxy tablet. There are guides out there that help with this

Pooya

yeah, I don't see the point of this card in midrange shaman. You don't lose in there because of healing, you lose on board and tempo.

It's good for stall decks, control shaman could work.

Face shaman? I'm sure some will try and it might win some games too but in general yeah...don't think so.

Lead

Banned
I mean, it's a good card, but the problem with midrange/control shaman is not heal, in fact they have possibly the best healing spell in the game.

The problem is their hero power is really bad and their AOE cards are so punishing and bad.

The fact that lightning storm hits for either 2-3 is really infuriating, and the 2 mana overload is so punishing in the early game where you can't afford to play lavashock.

Now just give me the Shaman card that says "Whenever you cast a spell this turn, draw a card."

The problem with ghoul in post warsong patron is that you can't kill it on your turn. Now this one is better for that purpose but it's not any good to play on its own with acolytes for example.

I think if patron is still around they won't play this, they will play wild pyro instead. wild pyro/inner rage patron is better than this/whirlwind/patron for same mana.
I actually like the Ghoul because you can throw it next to a Patron, and it's basically GG for the opponent in a lot of decks. Also, the Ghoul protects Patron Warrior from Brawl, because its Deathrattle triggers after the wipe and will spawn a second Patron Warrior if only Patron Warrior survives.

I can see running the deck without it, though. It's not essential, it's just a good fit.

That's going to be so amazing for Shaman.

Elemental Destruction is like a full heal lol.
Plus it has 6HP, so it can survive the ordeal. Great for Control Shaman.

Magnus

As a Player player in my heart, I'm bummed that we're getting what appears to be another weird/fun legendary instead of a great one. Happy for my Shaman brothers and sisters, though.

Owzers

i was tired of not getting legendaries so i caved and opened 8 packs with my "totally saving gold for Old Gods" gold....i got a legendary! Might have been the pity timer.

Lorewalker Cho. I have so few good legendaries, the odds my next one was decent should be better.

edit: yeah i bought packs with the rest of my gold :/ No more legendaries but a few epics i needed, a prep, second doomhammer.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The card will be usable in a slower meta. You can drop it turn 5 just for a good body, or turn 10 to heal up a bunch. I don't think it will be some must have card that will light up the tournament scene though. You can't build a deck around him, can't use him as a win condition, only strengthen a deck with him.

Ladekabel

Seeing that card, why couldn't the Priest legendary be something like "Whenever a friendly character is healed, deal the same amount to a random enemy."

Anyone got some tips for LoE Heroic? Kinda want that cardback.

Top Bottom