• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

Seeing that card, why couldn't the Priest legendary be something like "Whenever a friendly character is healed, deal the same amount to a random enemy."

Because that combo with Circle of Healing would be insane, not to mention even their hero power would turn into a 2-mana, heal 2, deal 2 damage hero power which is crazy. I can think of about a dozen broken combos off the top of my head with that.

nice midgame refresher for malygos shaman

i want some goddamn smorc cards though wtf. they are obsessed with making games longer. i don't have time for that shit when i'm playing on mobile.

Seeing that card, why couldn't the Priest legendary be something like "Whenever a friendly character is healed, deal the same amount to a random enemy."

Anyone got some tips for LoE Heroic? Kinda want that cardback.

Buff Priest and Freeze Mage are usually pretty good at Heroic challenges. Mill Rogue works on some as well, but can be harder to pilot. Which bosses are you having trouble with?

Ladekabel

Because that combo with Circle of Healing would be insane, not to mention even their hero power would turn into a 2-mana, heal 2, deal 2 damage hero power which is crazy. I can think of about a dozen broken combos off the top of my head with that.

Priest could use something insane.

Buff Priest and Freeze Mage are usually pretty good at Heroic challenges. Mill Rogue works on some as well, but can be harder to pilot. Which bosses are you having trouble with?

Haven't started yet. Don't have the cards for Freeze Mage but maybe I'll try buff decks. How effective is smorcing?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit that Shaman Legendary has some crazy potential.

The stats are pretty great for the cost and NO FUCKING OVERLOAD. Trying to play it in the aggro/face deck seems pointless as the 5 cost is too high (Its not Doomhammer). Mid range could maybe run it but you're likely to be overloaded on turns 5-6 so you aren't getting tempo off it. It's really nice in a control shaman deck, but the class needs LOTS more tools to be as good as the other control classes (mostly thinking warrior & priest here).

Pooya

yeah, if this was a rogue card for example then it was very interesting. In rogue, you actually lose because of face damage, not tempo. Play this with blade flurry for lolz.

Sheroking

There's a reasonable Midrange Shaman deck to be found in Standard, I'm sure of it.

There are lots of really good cards in Shaman that just can't handle sticky deathrattle garbage. Trogg, Totem Golem, Tuskar Totemic, Fireguard Destroyer, Fire Elemental, Alak'ir - these cards are going to be so much stronger in standard than they are right now

EDIT: I guess I should mention that when I say Trogg will be better, I mean in a list that doesn't involve punching faces as hard as you can.

Hallazeal incentives playing Shaman's AOE, and AOE in general should be better now that most of the annoying Deathrattle minions are out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Building on this, stuff that repeatedly triggers into damage limits design space, usually for the worse (from the perspective of Blizzard) although that's less of an issue with rotation.

Example: Knife Juggler, Flamewaker, Antonidas (pseudo)

It's a whole ocean of difference to convert healing to damage as it is to convert damage to healing. You can win on damage alone; you can't with healing. Thus, healing will always be "cheaper" to put on a card than damage. This is why Armorsmith isn't considered a problem but reverse Armorsmith (aka Juggler) kind of is.

Catvoca

Banned

The stats are pretty great for the cost and NO FUCKING OVERLOAD. Trying to play it in the aggro/face deck seems pointless as the 5 cost is too high (Its not Doomhammer). Mid range could maybe run it but you're likely to be overloaded on turns 5-6 so you aren't getting tempo off it. It's really nice in a control shaman deck, but the class needs LOTS more tools to be as good as the other control classes (mostly thinking warrior & priest here).

My thoughts as well. It's a good card, but not quiet good enough to justify control shaman just yet. They're gonna need some more tools to really make a deck like that viable. It's a good start, maybe things are looking up for shaman? I don't have high hopes though.

I'm trying to see how it really fits into a control shaman style. But honestly I just don't see control shaman running extra burn cards just to heal up. It's not particularly great against aggro, seeing as its a >5 mana healing card low dividends per mana spent to heal compared to normal healing.

I think thunderbluff valiant is more suited towards control than this new one.

Woah, I just got the Big Winner quest. :-O

If Shaman could just pick what Totem their hero skill gives them, I think they would be in line with both. Maybe Healing Totem could also heal Face.

That's gadgetzan auctioneer
I mean something more like Lock and Load.

Ketch

or if shaman totems came out in the same order every time. flame tongue, taunt, healing, spell damage.

so you're always getting a 1/1, and it forces the other guy to clear your totems. and then cards that let you cast your hero power twice become great for shaman.

Tarazet

I was just thinking about the hero choices.. we've got 8 classes of humans and orcs. Malfurion is a nelf, alt portraits of Alleria and Lia'drin are elves and Magni's a dwarf, but we've got none of the other races represented. That seems odd. I know that I would be happier playing as Sen'jin than Anduin.

If Shaman could naturally pick their totem each time, they'd have a strictly better hero power than Paladin.

OK, not technically strictly better... but better in 90% of situations.

Catvoca

Banned
If Shaman could just pick what Totem their hero skill gives them, I think they would be in line with both.

that would be really dumb, it would make their hero power strictly better the paladins. Eternal 1-1's with the versatility of putting out target dummy's, spell power or minion healing instead whenever you want? That'd be broken as hell. Although with the way shaman's card are designed right now I'm not even sure if it would be a top tier class lol. That's more on the current card design then class design though.

or if shaman totems came out in the same order every time. flame tongue, taunt, healing, spell damage.

so you're always getting a 1/1, and it forces the other guy to clear your totems. and then cards that let you cast your hero power twice become great for shaman.

This is a bit more reasonable, but I'm not convinced it would actually buff the class much. You'd at least remove the crazy rng victories where you get taunt totem 3 times in a row. Honestly I think the hero power is fine now, it just needs better support cards that play off totem synergy in a good way. The problem is blizzard has given shaman complete shit in nearly every expansion.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Aggro shaman would be unbearable if they could summon 0/2 taunt and spell power when needed. Healing Totem did originally heal face back in beta though.

Shaman is by far my least played class so while the minion looks solid to me, I have no idea if it will end up pulling enough weight to make people actually consider a slower shaman deck.

Apathy

Woah, I just got the Big Winner quest. :-O

If Shaman could just pick what Totem their hero skill gives them, I think they would be in line with both. Maybe Healing Totem could also heal Face.

I mean something more like Lock and Load.

so this

FOllriJ.png

?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Hellazeal is definitely good enough to put in a midrange shaman deck, I just don't know if it's good enough to make midrange shaman good.

Haven't started yet. Don't have the cards for Freeze Mage but maybe I'll try buff decks. How effective is smorcing?

Smorcing isn't effective at all on most heroic challenges. They have higher health totals than normal and OP cards and hero powers. They will almost always win a damage race. Without knowing specifically what you're trying to beat, I can't help any more than to say that Buff Priest is my default heroic adventure deck.

Mulgrok

Fel reaver has been completely worthless in my mech deck. It won 1 game and lost me 12. Only card left in my hand by turn 5 and playing it causes me to lose the game... oh well.

Levi

Banned
I've been fooled before with Shaman legendaries. I was psyched for Totem Shaman and the first TGT legendary I crafted was Mistcaller.

;_;

Second was Chillmaw, had a lot of fun with Dragon Priest for a while. I pulled Justicar and Varian out of my pre order packs or I would have crafted them instead.

Freeze Mage got me down to 1hp, they're on 3 with an un-popped Ice Block... I drop Kezan Mystic and they concede before I can even hit the face. So good.

They keep sending me friend requests now, though. Like hell am I gonna except that one.

Catvoca

Banned
Freeze Mage got me down to 1hp, they're on 3 with an un-popped Ice Block... I drop Kezan Mystic and they concede before I can even hit the face. So good.

They keep sending me friend requests now, though. Like hell am I gonna except that one.

I don't think there's a victory in the game more satisfying then using Kezan to steal a freeze mages secret.

Asbel

I don't think there's a victory in the game more satisfying then using Kezan to steal a freeze mages secret.
Getting an aggro paladin to concede after they have you in single digit health and refilled their hand with Divine Favor, is pretty satisfying.

Apathy

Reckful just said some jelly bean company is offering certain streamers $5k to eat their jelly beans on stream, lol

JellyBelly, they have some beanboozeled challenge. A pack contains 2 of the same colour jelly beans, but 1 taste good and one taste bad (like really bad).

Catvoca

Banned
Reckful just said some jelly bean company is offering certain streamers $5k to eat their jelly beans on stream, lol

I wouldn't even need the money, gimme some free jellybeans and i'll eat them on stream all they like lol

JellyBelly, they have some beanboozeled challenge. A pack contains 2 of the same colour jelly beans, but 1 taste good and one taste bad (like really bad).

That's kinda lame tbh. Seems manafactured to create crappy stream highlights of people overreacting to eating bad food. I prefer the idea of going onto twitch one morning and literally every streamer is just chowing down on regular ass jellybeans like it's no big deal, and not even mentioning them. It'd be like something from the twilight zone

Yeah, I've had these before. Dog food is the worst. You don't want dog food.

Edit: Just lost to a Druid with a turn sequence of

Living Roots
Innervate Shredder
Innervate Druid of the Claw
Shredder
Azure Drake

Hope to god Innervate gets nerfed.

Cat Party

Kibler's done this a bunch. I don't know if they are disclosing this outwardly but it should be obvious this is a promotional thing.

I'm honestly happy any way these guys and girls can make money by streaming, as long as they disclose it.

Pooya

on deck recipes

He told me that reason was to show off the identity of each class. “We want, in the future, Druids to be more about beasts and that to be part of their class identity, so we made that one of the decks,” he said. “And we wanted to show off Murloc Shaman, because that's one of their class themes. And this way we have an opportunity to teach people more about what makes this class different from other classes.”

rip Malfurion, gotta start playing this game some more this month to get that golden druid before it's too late.

http://www.pcgamer.com/are-hearthstones-new-deck-recipes-any-good-on-ladder/

Top Bottom