• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

squidyj

i don't know how rafaam is supposed to win, I played a mad scientist which pulled duplicate, played gothik which goty duplicated, played more gothiks, summoned some gothiks from the graveyard, duplicated gothik again, summoned my mad scientist from the graveyard, counterspelled his staff piece, played more gothiks and summoned more gothiks.

I think I fielded about a dozen gothiks.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So the 1/1 on this art, you guys think its another one of the N'zoth cards?

Changes_to_Standard_Banner.jpg

I wonder how N'zoth's is going to work. Get buffed for every 1/1 played? Buffs all 1/1 in the deck? It feels like it really is a theme for N'zoth to be 1 mana 1/1 cards so far, which is weird.

Apathy

Forsen going from second to show to third. Wonder how soon the chinese streamer will be able to show his. I thought these were going to be daily but don't think so now.

Corrupted Coldlight Seer

Charge. Battlecry: Destroy ALL Murlocs on the board and gain their attack and health.

I mean, we're losing Old Murk Eye, right? So Murloc decks need a new finisher!

Pooya

The murloc will probably just give 2 attack to all the other murlocs. With that cost and stats, it must have a very good text like that.

-----------------

Actually they can't change backstab really. Making it 1 mana it will be worse than other basic cards like holy smite, living roots or arcane shot.

They can't change its text either really, a zero mana deal 1 damage to an undamaged minion? That's worse than moonfire. So I think that's set.

-Fan is too good. As long as you have fan, you don't play a perfectly good card like Dark Iron Skulker because fan is more flexible, it draws you a card, you can cast it for 0, it scales with spellpower and so on. I think that's a card that should change to like 4 mana. It's balanced then, you draw a card for 2 mana and an arcane explosion for 2 mana in one card. Board clears are probably going to be very strong in the new meta, it's still playable.

-Sap is the other basic card that's too good. If they are concerned about silence, they should be concerned about this. I don't think the effect will change but it should cost more. Compared with entomb it's balanced but they kind messed up with that card too, it's under costed. A 3 mana sap is still good but you might not want to play 2 maybe.

The other auto include basic card is deadly poison, nothing is wrong with.

More problematic cards are actually non basic cards. Shadowstep for one, 0 mana cards are just too good in general, shadow step has enabled stupid things in the past, can do again in future. It's not played now but, say you can shadowstep your C'Thun and it apparently keeps the buffs! That' s a pretty big problem there...

Prep will forever limit the design of rogue spells, I'm surprised that's not on their radar but then they are not touching innervate either, so I guess they find it to be a core card to the class, which it is.

Dahbomb

I was correct in calling out potential nerfs for Rogue. Rogue has same issue as Druids in having insane classic/basic cards that make up 2/3 of every good deck for the class.

I think they might touch Prep. Every spell they out out for Rogue has to be designed with Prep in mind.

Apathy

Murloc is just corrupted Coldlight Seer.

Human Lumberjack Dude who knows. Doubt either are legendaries.

If those are real and not just for the trailer, they won't be legendary. If you notice they use the warlock colors for all those. I think it's like the default stuff that blizzard has use for mock ups.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I was correct in calling out potential nerfs for Rogue. Rogue has same issue as Druids in having insane classic/basic cards that make up 2/3 of every good deck for the class.

I think they might touch Prep. Every spell they out out for Rogue has to be designed with Prep in mind.

If they are worried about the power of Backstab, make it a literal copy of Holy Smite, 1 mana, 2 damage. Issue resolved. Class differences and what have you stay in the name.

Changing Prep seems like a smart move to me also. It is the #1 enabler of massive rogue burst or huge combo chains (and Auctioneer, but he's been nerfed once already and at 6 mana I think is fine). Take Prep down to 2 mana reduction and the game is completely different. No free Fans (I might not be mad at Fan changing either, but with Backstab & Prep changed, it might not need it), and the devs don't have to worry about rogue spells being cost-3 at all times now.

gutshot

i don't know how rafaam is supposed to win, I played a mad scientist which pulled duplicate, played gothik which goty duplicated, played more gothiks, summoned some gothiks from the graveyard, duplicated gothik again, summoned my mad scientist from the graveyard, counterspelled his staff piece, played more gothiks and summoned more gothiks.

I think I fielded about a dozen gothiks.

I'm 3-1 with Rafaam, so it is def possible to win. Just play for tempo early and then upgrade your staff when you have the spare mana late. And play around the secrets as best as possible.

Looking at it more closely, the 1/1 human is a Peasant, which is the builder unit for humans in the RTS games.

Not like that really tells you anything more though. Will probably just be "Crazed Peasant" or something with a small effect.

Dahbomb

I am not sure if Blizzard thinks Backstab is a problem and I am not convinced it's a problem either.

It's a conditional 2 damage on a minion only. That's far less valuable than a 1 mana 2 damage to anything, anytime.

I just saw the Kripp Legendary Shaman card. That's a cool card, I hope it sees some play. Definitely pushing the Control Shaman archetype.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I am not sure if Blizzard thinks Backstab is a problem and I am not convinced it's a problem either.

It's a conditional 2 damage on a minion only. That's far less valuable than a 1 mana 2 damage to anything, anytime.

I just saw the Kripp Legendary Shaman card. That's a cool card, I hope it sees some play. Definitely pushing the Control Shaman archetype.

If anything were to be touched for being too powerful, I think we'd be looking at Prep, Blade Flurry, and SI:7 Agent.

I'm pretty certain they mean sap... and maybe prep. But if they aren't touching innervate, I doubt they'll hit prep. Blade flurry is a third possibility, but that messes a lot with their identity imo.

Pooya

Flurry is a problem when you have easy ways to buff your daggers beyond 3 attack, which won't exist with oil going out and they are probably not going to print something like that again.

He mentions basic cards, I think it's clear sap is the main target, specially with that comment about silence.

rickyson1

I feel like n'zoth is gonna have some effect that procs whenever you do 1 damage to something

both cards with it's name in them so far have multiple sources of 1 damage

probably be something along the lines of 1 random damage

edit: maybe even 2 random damage considering it's probably going to cost 10 mana

fertygo

If it turns out to be as unbalanced as Nefarian vs. Rag was when it was first released, by the end of the week, people will concede as soon as they see they got Rafaam. Easy wins.

I don't think its that unbalanced tho, if you only draw basic card early for KT your hero power basically useless and Rafaam can buff their staff

I wonder if they have big plans for Rogue this expansion. We haven't seen a single Rogue card from the new set so maybe they're using the nerfs as a essentially a soft reset on the class to go along with the new cards it's getting.

Hycran

Banned
It just occurred to me why secret paladin is so bad according to Blizzard standards: Not only is it not very fun or interactive, but it gives the perception that there is actually game play when there isn't. I just ran up to rank 5 in basically 2 days with secret paladin and i got so many secret keeper, mini bot, muster starters that it was disgusting. I literally just felt like a robot, not a lot of intuition required, especially when you draw Kings.

Apathy

It just occurred to me why secret paladin is so bad according to Blizzard standards: Not only is it not very fun or interactive, but it gives the perception that there is actually game play when there isn't. I just ran up to rank 5 in basically 2 days with secret paladin and i got so many secret keeper, mini bot, muster starters that it was disgusting. I literally just felt like a robot, not a lot of intuition required, especially when you draw Kings.

the fact that bots have had the highest win rates with the deck speaks volumes of how braindead that deck is

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ugh I don't want them to nerf Sap. That'll just turn it into a shitty version of Mulch.

Barf. Sprint isn't even that great of a card on its own. It's only the combo with Prep that makes it good.

Yes, but Prep is too key for Rogue that I don't think it can be nerfed.

Dahbomb

That's a Renolock/Handlock card for sure.

Get out an early giant then use this card on it. Only issue is if the Giants will get nerfed or not... they are definitely on the list of cards they are wary of.

It's good with Twilight Drake too.

Pooya

Maybe faceless is still better in handlock, what this has going for it over faceless is that you can copy bad minions with this and it always has taunt. I feel it could cost 3, only one mana less isn't all that appealing, still a fine card. Maybe in a new handlock deck where you can't play giants as easily and have to play statue instead this is better.

manhack

Have 5 Tavern Brawl wins on my EU account. Managed to get back to back wins as Rafaam and it keeps queuing me as Rafaam. Hopefully I can keep this up lol

Top Bottom