• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

manhack

4-2 with Rafaam so far. I'm not sure there is any other trick than trying to control board/tempo enough to upgrade your hero power then get lucky with some legendaries.

Just summoned 4 thaddius on my board by getting Rivendare and Stalagg and Fuegen LOL

4-2 with Rafaam so far. I'm not sure there is any other trick than trying to control board/tempo enough to upgrade your hero power then get lucky with some legendaries.

Just summoned 4 thaddius on my board by getting Rivendare and Stalagg and Fuegen LOL
It's all about whether you draw the AoE. If you draw 0 mana AoE cards, you're okay. Otherwise, you are in trouble.

Friendly only makes it a bit rough. But in general warlock is the kind of class that could make it work.

Another high attack taunt for handlock to survive aggro is pretty strong.

Sheroking

Is I should Craft Molten now if he gonna get nerfed? my warlock play really lacking his punch now

There's no downside in crafting a card before an impending nerf. Either they don't nerf it and it's a card you want, or they do and you get the full crafting value back when you dust it.

Sheroking

I mean some concessions had to be made for it to cost 4. Still, it's so similar to Faceless, one wonders why make it

There's a difference in utility. Faceless is used almost exclusively offensively. You copy some shit with charge and buffed stats and punch face for 20.

This is a defensive by nature. You play it to get a bigger taunt than you could normally afford for 4 mana, at the cost of needing something big on board. It should also work with buffs like a void terror.

You don't even need to get giant level stats for this to be good. If you can only copy something like a Yeti, it's a better Evil Heckler.

It would be nice if it added to it's current stats instead of replaced. That way you're always getting +1/+1 to whatever you're copying.

Granted, that'd probably make it too good.

fertygo

If you craft it and they nerf it, you'd get full dust value back in return. No harm in doing so at the moment.

If he gets nerfed, he'll be worth the full 400 dust you got him for after the nerf, so craft away if you want him.

There's no downside in crafting a card before an impending nerf. Either they don't nerf it and it's a card you want, or they do and you get the full crafting value back when you dust it.

Cool, now if just we have confirmation they gonna offer full DE for GvG card or nah

It would be nice if it added to it's current stats instead of replaced. That way you're always getting +1/+1 to whatever you're copying.

Granted, that'd probably make it too good.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think with the word "copy" being used that would mean it's immune to silence which you'd definitely want if you were playing a card like that, as opposed to gaining stats and being vulnerable to it.

Mirimar

Lol, the ridiculous things you can do in this brawl make it worth it. Filling Rafaam's board with damaging minions, so good! Got that one minion duplicated and just kept re-spawning it each turn. Nothing he could do. Probably won't play it much since I got the most enjoyment from that match alone.

QPWEge5.png

Pooya

Double wild growth opening, into innervate Boom, into Lore, into emperor discounting double combo, into winning from 22 hp (yeah that rogue draws were good too, still at 22 after all that) on my opponent! I'm so good at this game.

Almost legend, barely played this month. Game is too predictable now if you know what you're doing.

Lol, the ridiculous things you can do in this brawl make it worth it. Filling Rafaam's board with damaging minions, so good! Got that one minion duplicated and just kept re-spawning it each turn. Nothing he could do. Probably won't play it much since I got the most enjoyment from that match alone.

QPWEge5.png
Did he use the Keeper of Uldaman to counter the ghosts?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I like the card design since it gives you a good taunt if you build a certain type of deck instead of just a universally good taunt.

Tarazet

I don't think I've ever been so profoundly disgusted with a game as I was tonight.

I got Rafaam 6 times out of 7 and lost them all to some manner of bullshit or another. The one time that I got Kel'Thuzad, I got demolished even worse.

Went back to constructed. I'm playing Patron, first game I play is against a zoo lock. He plays Elise on turn 4, plays Golden Monkey on turn 7 and then Sneed's Old Shredder on turn 8. I execute it and it drops Deathwing. I friended him, not to yell but just to inform him that he would never see that happen again. He said he felt bad and I said don't worry about it, I'll win the next one.

Next game is against another zoo. I draw no minions before turn 7 except Dr. Boom. I use my weapons to remove everything with my face and get down to 10 health by the time I can play Boom against a board with 3 minions. I Inner Rage both of the Boom Bots to try and remove something.. the damage all hits his face and he kills me next turn with the usual PO combo.

There's bad draws and then there's the game making you into a laughingstock.

Tarazet

Secret paladin is going to last maybe 1 more season, so get on it. It's a no thought required deck, despite what Blizzard wants to believe.

There will probably be some form of it because MC is such a strong card, but it won't be an autopilot deck where you just have to put the numbers in order and you magically win.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If you do Combo Druid, just know that the number "14" is burned into each and every one of your opponents' minds.

And if you have combo at the ready, make sure you count for lethal on every single turn. Even if you have only one minion on the board. Anytime your board is not clear your opponent is probably crapping their pants.

There will probably be some form of it because MC is such a strong card, but it won't be an autopilot deck where you just have to put the numbers in order and you magically win.

Losing avenge is recoverable but losing minibot and muster is going to be pretty painful if Paladin doesn't get some solid early game this expansion. As much as people hated those two cards they filled a serious hole in Paladin.

Tarazet

Losing avenge is recoverable but losing minibot and muster is going to be pretty painful if Paladin doesn't get some solid early game this expansion. As much as people hated those two cards they filled a serious hole in Paladin.

Everything we've seen tends towards making games take longer, which is great for Paladin. The class doesn't get played that way much right now, because the aggressive variants are so strong, but it can be a fairly punishing control deck with mountains of healing.

ZealousD

Everything we've seen tends towards making games take longer, which is great for Paladin. The class doesn't get played that way much right now, because the aggressive variants are so strong, but it can be a fairly punishing control deck with mountains of healing.

You're not talking about Secret Paladin, though.

I'm quite familiar with classic control Paladin as it used to be my favorite deck. But it didn't have fantastic winrates unless you were up against Handlock or Control Warrior.

ViviOggi

Basic Rogue cards are seen as slightly too strong. Blizzard is cautious about adding powerful Rogue cards in expansions, since the power level of Rogue Basic cards is already so high.

The developers experimented with nerfing cards such as Wild Growth or Innervate but found that changing Ramp changed too much about what was core with Druid.

Tarazet

You're not talking about Secret Paladin, though.

I'm quite familiar with classic control Paladin as it used to be my favorite deck. But it didn't have fantastic winrates unless you were up against Handlock or Control Warrior.

I don't see why the secret shell couldn't work for a control deck. A lot of them are good stall cards. Even in the current meta I see some of them running a seriously beefy top end.

ZealousD

I don't see why the secret shell couldn't work for a control deck. A lot of them are good stall cards. Even in the current meta I see some of them running a seriously beefy top end.

Competitive Spirit and Eye for an Eye are worthless in a Control shell.

Repentance is straight up poop when played from your hand. Very often it does little or nothing.

Redemption doesn't play nice with the hero power so unless you're specifically running it with strong sticky taunts like Sludge Belcher (gone) or Sunwalker it is very situational. And considering that you are very often hero powering in a control shell it makes it a bit clunky. I liked it more when you could combo it with those sticky taunts and Kelthuzad, and even then I only used to run one.

Sacred Trial is theoretically powerful in some kind of control situation if you let your opponent extend far enough, but given that Control Paladin has strong clears already people will be playing around it simply based on the fact that they'll also be playing around pyro+equality or equality+consecrate.

And really, in any sort of Control vs Control situation where classic control Paladin used to excel, thinning your deck is honestly to your detriment as you just push yourself into fatigue faster.

greepoman

oh god, i just vsed a secret paladin for the first time in ladder. Never again.

6GJWk.gif

On another note I love how blizzard says they've been afraid of adding strong rogue cards and yet they have no qualms about doing it to classes which are stronger in the meta already.

Top Bottom