• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT5| Corrupted Deeprock Salt

I guess shadowstep is another potentially problematic card due to how it works with charge minions. But yeah, I agree. They give rogue a lot of meh cards and barely any decent spells.

Good rogue spells added:
sword oil
-halfway- sabotage

But here are the list of duds or extreme niche spells:
gang up
burgle
beneath the grounds

That's right. Rogue has only gotten 5 spells post release and more than half of them are duds. Even if you include weapons, that's only 7 and also means that 5/7 spell/weapon cards added to rogue are terrible.

Meanwhile... mage gets:
duplicate
echo of mediev
unstable portal
flame cannon
arcane blast
forgotten torch
effigy
-maybe- polymorph boar

duds being:
flame lance
dragon's breath

So in other words, mage has gotten more decent spell cards than rogue received in their entirety, including weapons.

They're afraid to put out good rogue cards? Clearly.

bjaelke

Effigy is only really used in dragon mage decks and those are about as popular as mill rogue with gang up.

Speaking off dragon, got another Ysera in my brawl pack. Rafine.

Effigy is very underrated in my opinion, plus nobody plays around it.

Might be more popular with Duplicate being rotated out. Although who knows what kind of new secret Mage is going to get.

Sheroking

Effigy is very underrated in my opinion, plus nobody plays around it.

Might be more popular with Duplicate being rotated out. Although who knows what kind of new secret Mage is going to get.

The problem with Effigy is you don't want it to come out of a scientist, so Tempo Mage doesn't efficiently use it.

Was thinking about the new Shaman legendary and how I'd like to see Blizzard support it. Came up with this for what I'd want to see Shaman's Forbidden card to look like.

Sort of in the same vein as Forbidden Flame in terms of use and flexibility. Not sure how rounding would work for the overload when casting it at an odd mana cost though.

forbiddenlightning8uuox.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Losing avenge is recoverable but losing minibot and muster is going to be pretty painful if Paladin doesn't get some solid early game this expansion. As much as people hated those two cards they filled a serious hole in Paladin.

Yeah, GvG was a real rebalancing for the paladin class as a whole with those cards. Divine Favor and Equality are both great cards on opposite ends of the spectrum, but the class in general was a bit too weak before GvG.

At least we now have Murloc Paladin. Classic paladin control is a lot better with that endgame finisher.

Leezard

Yeah, GvG was a real rebalancing for the paladin class as a whole with those cards. Divine Favor and Equality are both great cards on opposite ends of the spectrum, but the class in general was a bit too weak before GvG.

At least we now have Murloc Paladin. Classic paladin control is a lot better with that endgame finisher.

Didn't we recently get the info that Old Murk-Eye is not going to be in Standard; how would that impact the Paladin Murloc deck?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Didn't we recently get the info that Old Murk-Eye is not going to be in Standard; how would that impact the Paladin Murloc deck?

It makes the first card a lot weaker, down to only 12 damage the turn you play it, but the second card is still strong enough.

Murloc Paladin is dead in Standard.

Well, KT is OP in the new Tavern Brawl. Drop minions, run face. If opponent kills them, rez them, drop even more minions and continue to run face. Easy win if you get KT. Rafaam's deck just can't compete.

Zoggy

that heigan card should be in constructed, it makes every other card in the game look like a wisp.

imagine the complaining! just imagine!

also make it a paladin common

Was reading through that interview with Mike Donais again about deck recipes. He labels murlocs as one of Shaman's "class themes."

Man, they sure fucked that up then didn't they? Three murloc cards exclusive to Shaman and two are absolute garbage. The third isn't even really played for murloc synergy (or much at all anymore).

The sad thing is that, it makes it pretty likely that Shaman will be getting a murloc card every expansion and I have no faith in Blizzard to make them worthwhile. More so when they insist on giving stuff like Murloc Knight and Anyfin to Paladin.

Danj

Is it worth preordering Whispers of the Old Gods and if so, what's the cheapest way to do that? Currently I'm thinking of buying discounted Google Play vouchers and then getting it through the Android version, will that work?

Is it worth preordering Whispers of the Old Gods and if so, what's the cheapest way to do that? Currently I'm thinking of buying discounted Google Play vouchers and then getting it through the Android version, will that work?

It's definitely a good deal as far as buying packs go. You're essentially getting 10 free packs + the card back.

Cheapest way I've found is going the Amazon coins route. You'll need to download the game from the Amazon app store to do it but the 5000 coins for the pre-order only cost me $41 and they gave 500 coins back after pre-ordering.

Danj

It's definitely a good deal as far as buying packs go. You're essentially getting 10 free packs + the card back.

Cheapest way I've found is going the Amazon coins route. You'll need to download the game from the Amazon app store to do it but the 5000 coins for the pre-order only cost me $41 and they gave 500 coins back after pre-ordering.

Sorry, should have mentioned I'm in the UK. 5000 amazon coins costs £45 here, so it'd be more expensive than buying at Blizzard's retail price (£34.99).

I can get £35 of Google Play vouchers for £32.09, was just wondering if there was any cheaper ways to do it.

Sorry, should have mentioned I'm in the UK. 5000 amazon coins costs £45 here, so it'd be more expensive than buying at Blizzard's retail price (£34.99).

I can get £35 of Google Play vouchers for £32.09, was just wondering if there was any cheaper ways to do it.

I think you should only need 3500 Amazon coins then. In US it's 100 coins = $1 so I'd imagine that ratio holds true for pounds as well.

But I can't say for sure, maybe someone else will pop into the thread and be of more help.

Dahbomb

Actually I didn't even consider the possibility of them nerfing Faceless, that's certainly a possibility.

Is it really that much worse than Grom + Inner Rage?
Main issue is that you can pump up an Arcane Golem twice with PO then use Faceless on it for 24 damage from no hand. The deck is actually called Combolock.

You would think a 4 card OTK is near impossible to pull off consistently but the Warlock hero power allows for this. You can also do the combo with just one PO and 16 damage. With the help of Emperor and double Abusive plus the possibility of getting POs from Peddler you can potentially kill someone from full HP.

Footos22

Well, KT is OP in the new Tavern Brawl. Drop minions, run face. If opponent kills them, rez them, drop even more minions and continue to run face. Easy win if you get KT. Rafaam's deck just can't compete.

Thought I was fucked with rafaam but won anyway. All KT was doing was rezzing all the 1-1's he'd created. Where I was playing a legendary everyturn along with epic removal. KT looks op but the longer you drag games out it'll turn round In an instant.

giapel

What the should really change is the coin.
It shouldn't count as a played card and it shouldn't count as a spell. As it is now, it gives 2 classes (rogue and Mage) more benefits than the others.
Also in my opinion, going 2nd should give 3 cards to pick from and the 4th gets picked at random. Not a choice of 4 cards.

Danj

I think you should only need 3500 Amazon coins then. In US it's 100 coins = $1 so I'd imagine that ratio holds true for pounds as well.

But I can't say for sure, maybe someone else will pop into the thread and be of more help.

That makes a bit more sense, 3500 coins would be £32.50.

Catvoca

Banned
no. going second is still a disadvantage.

Yeah, blizzard has the stats and says it's close to 50-50 between going first or second, with first being slightly ahead. There's really nothing wrong with coin, sometimes it feels like players are looking for problems where there isn't any.

Heropon

I'd like to enjoy more playing Arena because the drafting and not having to be against the same decks all the time appeals to me but it frustrates me more than it should. Even after getting more than three wins, just gold as reward and an epic in the pack I feel down. Maybe it's because the 3 losses were almost consecutive, so I hope the next time I feel better.

Kettch

Yeah, blizzard has the stats and says it's close to 50-50 between going first or second, with first being slightly ahead. There's really nothing wrong with coin, sometimes it feels like players are looking for problems where there isn't any.

Eh, those stats say that it's balanced overall. That doesn't mean certain matchups and/or classes are balanced. The old miracle rogue was the classic example, where the coin gave an enormous advantage.

The current mana wyrm/flamewaker decks I'm gonna go out on a limb and say are much better with the coin as well.

These problems mostly come from the coin being a spell/combo card. If you get rid of that, it becomes a lot more even across the board. The overall balance will move to favoring going first more by doing this, but all it really does is bring those special cases in line with everything else.

Owzers

What will lead to more Arena variety, just more cards? Because arena isn't going standard, but adding 130 cards will broaden drafting choices? Has Blizzard ever mentioned that the number of paladins in arena is a problem?

Zoggy

What will lead to more Arena variety, just more cards? Because arena isn't going standard, but adding 130 cards will broaden drafting choices? Has Blizzard ever mentioned that the number of paladins in arena is a problem?

the latest expansion always has a greater chance of showing up in arena drafts.

so there won't be decks with 8 keeper of uldamans anymore

georly

Good common cards for each class - with obscure/utility stuff being relegated to epic/rare. Bolster shouldn't be common, for example, while something like shield slam probably should be. If they could somehow rebalance rarity for classic set (they won't) and make good commons for each class going forward, arena will be much better.

ViviOggi

Yeah rebalancing classic/basic rarities for arena has been a suggestion for years, if they don't do that with the standard update they never will. But at least they have finally acknowledged arena's existence with the LoE Warrior commons. In Old Gods Warrior is getting another great one while the Paladin's is decent at best so there is hope yet.

taimoorh

This Tavern Brawl - damn son Kel 'Thuzad is OP.

So many people literally quit straight up if they don't get him. In one game I just summoned Heigan the Unclean and kept on spamming him with the Secret to summon two of him and Kel's ulti. Totally out of control!!

georly

This Tavern Brawl - damn son Kel 'Thuzad is OP.

So many people literally quit straight up if they don't get him. In one game I just summoned Heigan the Unclean and kept on spamming him with the Secret to summon two of him and Kel's ulti. Totally out of control!!

I only played one game last night, played as rafaam, and won. I can see how KT could be op if you get certain cards. I just kept flooding my board (only upgraded staff once on turn 9) and killing off his minions asap. I guess the KT strat is to wait until you get an OP minion, play it, and only it, and then keep resurrecting it. Not sure what rafaam can do to counter that.

taimoorh

I only played one game last night, played as rafaam, and won. I can see how KT could be op if you get certain cards. I just kept flooding my board (only upgraded staff once on turn 9) and killing off his minions asap. I guess the KT strat is to wait until you get an OP minion, play it, and only it, and then keep resurrecting it. Not sure what rafaam can do to counter that.

Heigan is a 3-mana card with 4/3 and 4 damage to random enemy at end turn. You can see how just spamming him gets out of control very quickly.

On the other hand Rafaam's staff upgrade twice results in spamming the shit out of Legendaries.

It honestly is a fun match. And if KT doesn't get Heigan spam by 4th turn, it's anybody's game.

Mulgrok

Got bored and made a mage deck:

Works surprisingly well. the spell damage allows for easy board clears of cheap minions and polymorph counters secret paladin/druid hard.

EDIT: just realized that it is standard friendly too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kel'thuzad doesn't have any board clears, right? In my experience that's how Rafaam wins.

ZZMitch

In the one Brawl game I played I absolutely dominated Kelthuzad as Rafaam. By the end of the game I have 2 Kelthuzads of my own on the board + a hand full of undercosted legendaries heh.

So is Divine Favor gonna get nerfed? I'm watching Savjz' opponent draw 7 cards two games in a row, that just seems like awful card design. So rarely is it not worth it to play that card.

Top Bottom