• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I guess its also worth noting that this guy is great if you can fit in 1 to the Miracle style rogue deck (is that a deck that is worth considering? Don't want to upset people with ideas /s). It is the ultimate in protection for your Auctioneer as you get a 1 mana Auctioneer down the line so if your 4/4 gets killed or you desperately need to use it to trade, now you have backup that isn't 6 more mana and probably an extra turn of setup. Pretty neat. Even if all you do is use it to copy an Azure Drake or Thalnos, it still seems great. Really versatile card.

Apathy

I guess its also worth noting that this guy is great if you can fit in 1 to the Miracle style rogue deck (is that a deck that is worth considering? Don't want to upset people with ideas /s). It is the ultimate in protection for your Auctioneer as you get a 1 mana Auctioneer down the line so if your 4/4 gets killed or you desperately need to use it to trade, now you have backup that isn't 6 more mana and probably an extra turn of setup. Pretty neat. Even if all you do is use it to copy an Azure Drake or Thalnos, it still seems great. Really versatile card.

Yeah, a 1 mana auctioneer is just kinda nuts

Oh yeah, after yesterday's brawl pack that had tirion today I got a dreadscale off my arena pack, that was interesting.

I don't think it really fits a miracle type deck. For it to work with auctioneer, you need a 6 mana 4/4 to actually survive a round. If it does, you're not going to want to copy it, you're going to want to draw more cards or win the game. For it to work with malygos, you need malygos to survive a round. If that happens, you probably have already won the game, but if you haven't, I don't think copying malygos is going to do it. If you have the spells, you win, if you don't and you copy malygos, then you have a 1/1 without spells to use.

Shadowstep worked with auctioneer because it's a 0 mana spell. This is a 5 mana minion. I don't think you run this over azure drake because miracle doesn't run enough minions in the first place to really benefit.

Maybe there is a different version of miracle and I'm just not seeing it.

Other minions that miracle runs are like tomb pillager due to getting coin. Do you really wanna spend 5 mana to then spend 1 mana to gain a coin? Seems weak and requires pillager to actually survive a round. Does it combo well with violet teacher? No, because getting a 1/1 that spawns other 1/1s just dies to any aoe. It's just too all in to lose to an AOE. Do you combo it with xaril? Perhaps that is the only minion, and seeing as it is a 3/2 for 4, chances are it will not be surviving the round to be copied. But it might be worth having available in say a more minion oriented deck.

Shadowcaster supports a more minion oriented game plan. Azure drake supports a more spell oriented game plan, plus it cycles towards more combo pieces.

I wonder what the absolute best minion in the game to copy is. I guess it might be n'zoth.

ViviOggi

lmao this sealed tournament, talkstone
talkstone
talkstone
then suddenly awkward poker minigame

https://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena

Can't decide if I want to go ahead and buy Khadgar or not. $5 really isn't all that much, and it goes to a good cause I guess.

dont, because it locks you out of non IOS HS applications till they get the update. Happened to RDU.

Also brawl pack wasn't bad this week. 2 epics and a golden rare

I didn't notice the Rogue card made it cost only 1. I'm not sure exactly what I think now. My gut instinct is to assume my original analysis was close to how I feel about it in general. Will have to think more when I haven't just played 5 hours of tennis.

Ketch

If you Shadowstep the 1/1 1 copy, you should get the normal card back, with the two less cost too.

and it keeps the card text right? like copy drake for a 1 mana 1/1 drake w/ spell damage draw a card, play it and then shadowstep it for a 3 mana 4/4 drake w/ spell damage draw a card.

and it keeps the card text right? like copy drake for a 1 mana 1/1 drake w/ spell damage draw a card, play it and then shadowstep it for a 3 mana 4/4 drake w/ spell damage draw a card.

yea

On that note, do you guys think they're gonna nerf azure drake? It's a staple in most decks and it feels like they're gonna introduce a 5 mana minion for ever class

Apathy

Remember that one ad from Japan I think it was, that shows off one of the twin emps? I forgot about that, and I'm still hoping they are going to get in the game this time around, but I don't think there is space for more named legendaries.

Found it, in this album, http://imgur.com/a/SZ8jb, seems none of these mural pieces have been shown off as cards yet. Maybe they were just that, art pieces that wont be cards

What's the most bullshit card it can copy? ragnaros?

Put one down at 5 or 6 and copy something and instantly shadowstep it back (now will cost 3) turn 8, put down the 5 mana cost one to copy something and use the 3 mana cost one to copy the one on the board, shadowstep one back. Now you got a 3 mana and a 1 mana cost in your hand. Go nuts. Lol i'm not serious by the way, thats just some crazy stuff I want to try. In reality, rag, anubarak maybe, sylvanas, most dragons if you make some weird dragon deck, coldlight oracles for mills. healbots in wild, xaril might be good

rukland

So my brawl pack sucked but my pack for watching someone win netted me 530 dust. I'm ok with it. Extra doom hammer and golden beastial wrath yeah easy dust. Almost at 4.5k dust now as well as being over 5k gold. I'm so ready for the expansion.

Crosseyes

Banned
I feel like the new rogue card might give that twilight summoner (1/1 deathrattle summon a 5/5) a pretty strong place. It might be too slow but it plays on curve and can very realistically copy that 1/1 your opponent will not want to pop.

Then if you don't have that there are other realistic plays on turn 5 after that 4 mana guy like raptor into eviscerate.

Fishlake

Out of the neutrals? Reno Jackson or Thaurissan. As for copying it on the same turn with 10 mana, there's no limit to what you could do with Faceless Manipulator.

A faceless manipulator on an empty board into this would be quite scary. I didn't even think of that.

StayDead

Anyone else having weird connection issues at the minute? I know the update thing is an issue on my PC (iOS, got Khadgar on a colleagues phone), but having issues on my phone just opening any menus to play.

Apathy

Out of the neutrals? Reno Jackson or Thaurissan. As for copying it on the same turn with 10 mana, there's no limit to what you could do with Faceless Manipulator.

Speaking of emp, if you do have two of them on board both go off right, so it could be a 2 mana reduction per turn right?

Pooya

I thought when you reroll a quest, you don't get it again that week, I've rerolled win 3 games with any class like for the third time now... is it rigged now? I'm just getting 40g quests with rerolls every day... I only have hoarded 4000g Blizzard plz.

I don't see it just as a mill tool, it is a miracle rogue tool. After all If you can copy auctioneer you can pretty much do whatever.

Even with something like Brann + nightblade you are looking at 18 damage to face. Throw in shadowsteps as well and even the emperor and you can do a lot of damage.

Very high potential here.

I thought when you reroll a quest, you don't get it again that week, I've rerolled win 3 games with any class like for the third time now... is it rigged now? I'm just getting 40g quests with rerolls every day... I only have hoarded 4000g Blizzard plz.

Pretty sure it only puts the cooldown on it once you complete it.

Owzers

i'm waiting to pre-order old gods until the 21st multiple card reveal day, but since i only have 100 gold now i think it's getting obvious i'm going to pre-order....

Pooya

Tiddler is closing the gap, he might not even win. Tiddler's card is probably a legendary too, more interesting to see.

Top Bottom