• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZZZz. Just lost to Reno Mage. He got off 2 Renos, one from 1 with Iceblock. He also managed to duplicate Alexstraza for the clutch. Would've been easy if he hadn't snagged a second Echo off Conjurer. And the legendaries from my monkey were shit :/

Sheroking

These Paladin drafts, man.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_04_15_16_00_23_10.png

Ketch

you know Scrolls was a totally underrated card game that was fantastic. it's alot like faerie and duelist. The player trading/economy was great though... imagine if you could just trade cards or buy a card you needed from another player with straight up gold.

hey man i'll give you 400 gold for a doctor boom.

I liked Scrolls a lot and it's a shame they're taking down the servers. I'll never understand why they didn't bother to market it at all whatsoever & never tried to do a f2p version. Especially since a lot of work seemed to go into making the game and all the cards and units, feels like a real waste.

StayDead

Sucks for the people that want to see new cool cards for a class for standard and have no interest in wild

I don't get why someone would be more excited for standard than wild, because it quite literally is just a cut down version of wild. Will have less versatility than wild deck wise due to less cards.

Slashlen

I don't get why someone would be more excited for standard than wild, because it quite literally is just a cut down version of wild. Will have less versatility than wild deck wise due to less cards.

Standard is for people who want things to change. In general, the smaller card pool of standard will allow more cards from an expansion to see play and therefore shake up the meta more. On the other hand, the Wild meta will be increasingly hard to change as more expansions are added.

I'm excited for standard because I'm tired of playing against the exact same decks every single time. That being said I'm sure that problem will happen to standard eventually as well.

FeD.nL

I'm excited for both. One ladder just gets boring and I'm not always interested in Arena. I really like that Hearthstone now has two constructed formats for which I can build decks and play on the ladder.

jgminto

Assuming Blizzard doesn't give Paladin another ridiculous secret to replace Avenge in Secret Pally, that's easily enough reason to prioritise Standard over Wild.

Pooya

going by the description of Khadgar on the client, he's only available this month too. It actually says "was available as a special promotion in April 2016". keyword here being "was", it's really limited, if you want it get it now.

Looks like they're done with 10 bucks heroes. They are using them for promos instead. In March we got Liadrin, April this, someone else next month probably.

They went with mage here because it's the most played casual class everyone starts with so more are likely to buy. Like, I don't think they're going to tie a priest or rogue hero to purchases like this, nobody will buy them for a class they don't play. We probably have to do something stupid to unlock them.

Pooya

dusted off my ipad, updated hearthstone. They've changed the game's icon. It's not longer blue like on desktop, it's green now, looks better actually. signs of future changes I guess.

edit: it's for WWF, cool.

Apathy

I mean it's pretty obvious, every stupid deck currently available lives in wild (barring any nerfs of course) so every secret paladin, every murloc paladin, every Dr boom infested garbage lives on. I never want to see that garbage again and many others don't either.

georly

I'd be willing to try out a hunter nzoth deck with that. The 1/1 deathrattle 5/5 guy gets slightly better, as do leper gnomes, nzoth tentacles, purple whatevers. Maybe hunter legendary has a sick deathrattle.

Apathy

We haven't ever seen a card like gothik had in the nax adventure that have a spectral trainee to you opponents board they had to deal with. The concept is similar to curse of rafaam, it is a dot, but one you would have to deal with taking a spot on your board, with the plus side that it could be destroyed by your opponent through aoe

georly

We haven't ever seen a card like gothik had in the nax adventure that have a spectral trainee to you opponents board they had to deal with. The concept is similar to curse of rafaam, it is a dot, but one you would have to deal with taking a spot on your board, with the plus side that it could be destroyed by your opponent through aoe
As long as it doesn't have zero attack. Completely cripples decks without self buffs.

That's alright in tempo. Definitely not the worst class card, I don't think. That's the warlock madness card.

Pooya

That looks like a cool 3 drop...

but it's 4. yeah... freezing minions is strong still nope, this is too slow with awful stats and you have to combo it still. Look at this next to water elemental..

Frost Nova maybe is getting changed?

Apathy

Definitely not a 4 mana minion. Could have been 3 and still would see less play than flamewaker. You'll totally piss someone off with it though.

gutshot

Frostwaker? Eh, might be a decent pick in Arena. Freeze effects can be pretty powerful there (see: Frost Elemental). Don't see it getting any Constructed play.

EDIT: Oh shit, it's 4 mana? Yeah, def not gonna see play in Contructed and is probably a low tier Arena pick too.

georly

Frostwaker? Eh, might be a decent pick in Arena. Freeze effects can be pretty powerful there (see: Frost Elemental). Don't see it getting any Constructed play.

Yeah, it always has a chance to freeze an unarmed enemy hero, unfortunately. That and mana cost make this not spectacular. Might be good in holding your enemy off for your yogg deck?

ViviOggi

For arena, yes. For 'tech', no. Faceless summoner is ez-auto-play. This requires *some* amount of thought to use.
Gonna quote myself here
And screw that "the simpler cards are common for the new players" nonsense, not only are they both single rng rolls, but in general there are so many ways for new players to get rekt and confused that the choice between rare and common for two similarly complex cards should be decided by the very real, meta-defining implications on an entire mode over some nebulous design guideline Blizzard barely follows half of the time anyway.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
That's alright in tempo. Definitely not the worst class card, I don't think. That's the warlock madness card.

Wisps of the Old Gods
Tentacles for Arms
Thistle Tea

This could be better than all of those. And I don't even think Spreading Madness is that bad, just worse than Demonwrath.

As to the mage card, I mean if you have an explosive turn where you play a bunch of spells you essentially get a super frost nova out of this thing. Which is really annoying. Probably too situational, though.

Definitely not a 4 mana minion. Could have been 3 and still would see less play than flamewaker.

I would DEFINITELY not go that far.

georly

Wisps of the Old Gods
Tentacles for Arms
Thistle Tea

This could be better than all of those. And I don't even think Spreading Madness is that bad, just worse than Demonwrath.

As to the mage card, I mean if you have an explosive turn where you play a bunch of spells you essentially get a super frost nova out of this thing. Which is really annoying. Probably too situational, though.

Those cards are so bad I forgot about them entirely. I guess it's the worst class *MINION* revealed so far? I think it's better than the hunter one at least?

Gonna quote myself here

I think blizzard considers both arena and tech when deciding rarity. Sometimes for the worse. They've been getting better lately. Better than classic for sure. Shield slam should not be epic, for example.

ViviOggi

I think blizzard considers both arena and tech when deciding rarity. Sometimes for the worse. They've been getting better lately. Better than classic for sure. Shield slam should not be epic, for example.

They have, in a sense. In the end it's always one step forward, two steps back though (see LoE with Warrior getting a significant push due to two legit great commons while Paladin and Mage both get a completely outrageous one and all other classes are largely ignored), and we've seen the exact same pattern with OG so far save for Paladin's revealed common thankfully being shit. After yesterday's interview with Hafu I'm somewhat willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until after the final dump, but as Brode himself said, talk is cheap.

scoot3r

Well today is not my day. Had a Druid quest when I logged in, so I figure I'll play the mid range Druid list off of tempo storm. 4 losses later I'm closing my laptop.

gutshot

Btw it should be called Balanced Flamewaker

True that. Flamewaker should have been 4 mana. Ironically, this card probably could have been costed at 3 and still been balanced. Random freezing effect is not as good as 2 pings, especially in the early game.

Top Bottom