• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Pooya

Raptor should be in a bit longer I think, it won't rotate out until the first 2017 expansion comes out. So I'm thinking 10 months.

Also, I think people should not dismiss Wild as some no mans land.

it goes away along with TGT and BRM whenever it is. First expansion of 2017 could come out earlier than WoG. WoG is clearly behind schedule.

As far as competitive HS goes, wild is irrelevant. Standard is what people will watch and naturally what they will want to play. Wild is for fun.

Ketch

it goes away along with TGT and BRM whenever it is. First expansion of 2017 could come out earlier than WoG. WoG is clearly behind schedule.

As far as competitive HS goes, wild is irrelevant. Standard is what people will watch and naturally what they will want to play. Wild is for fun.

really? I thought raptor went with league of explorers.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What's the point of bouncing Leeroy? It will come on board as a 1/1 minion.

Super Pro Mill Strats. You fill the enemy board with a bunch of whelps, vanish, then play all your coldlight oracles!

Pay no mind to the fact this would require about 20 mana.

gutshot

Or you could just play Faceless Manipulator and do that right now.

This is only better for small minions or battle cries.

The advantage of Shadowcaster over Faceless is you can hold your baby Malygos until you have the requisite spells in hand. Still probably too difficult a combo to pull off, but this does provide a bit more flexibility in when you can combo.

KuroNeeko

Coming with fantasy combos are easy, building a functional deck isn't. You have this fantasy rogue deck that has a board consistently, curves perfectly and pulls off these Johnny combos , yeah sure, I wish best of luck to you, sounds a lot of fun honestly. The fascination with raptor some show here is so much that every card with deathrattle somehow is good with it and associated, even something like Xaril is often name dropped for raptor rogue synergy around here where it makes no sense, I think some people just don't understand the concept of value and tempo and how rogue in particular uniquely plays and swings between those. It's understandable, it's a hard class to evaluate and play and the least played class for a reason.

Not for lack of trying! It's my second most played class, next to Priest.

Still not very good with it. Playing Raptor right now.....

I wonder what happens if you Shadowstep or Silence the 1/1 that comes from that card. I would assume that it's an effect on the card that can get removed.

Apathy

I wonder what happens if you Shadowstep or Silence the 1/1 that comes from that card. I would assume that it's an effect on the card that can get removed.

Like Herald V's copies, it would go back to it's normal stats (but would lose any of the card text/deathrattles), at least if I assumed they worked the same.

inky

Recycle and Entomb was a silly controversy, though. What classes need/should have varies in their existing tools and play styles.

Not that I don't think it's hilarious that Volazj is worse in almost every regard, but still.

I don't think it was a controversy at all, but like you say, it's kind of funny to see such a similar card for another class that's really just that much better. Kinda feels like they are rubbing it in.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Whoa I didn't know about this free Samsung shit, just emulated myself an S6 (and then an android tablet) and got myself 4 free packs, thanks GAF!

Levi

Banned
A control rogue could create a 1/1 Reno Jackson for a second full heal, if Reno lives or there is an Emperor tick--and the 1/1 Reno would be a combo enabler.

anub'arak is already a very strong card in fatigue. Not sure Rogue has the tools for a fatigue deck but if they end up with that archetype than this new card is probably an autoinclude.

Malice215

Yesterday I was thinking how Blizzard wants to get more use out of the new mechanics that they're introducing, and now they reveal this Rogue card that completely shits on the new Priest legendary. Can't wait to try it out.

Also wasn't expecting 4 free packs for Samsung. Time to fire up the android emulator again.

ViviOggi

This is probably the most bullshit sequence of turns I've ever seen in arena, at 4-1 to boot.

hearthstonescreenshotgzudw.png

hearthstonescreenshot7wucc.png

hearthstonescreenshotthu6b.png

Only reason I'm making this post instead of sitting in the corner BabyRaging is the fact that I topdecked Sabotage next turn. Eat that justice.

Ketch

Like Herald V's copies, it would go back to it's normal stats (but would lose any of the card text/deathrattles), at least if I assumed they worked the same.

yea that's really weird interaction... like summon a 1/1 copy, but if it gets shadow stepped it goes back to original stats and loses the card text? how does that make sense... like if you silenced it, would it get it's original stats back?

This is probably the most bullshit sequence of turns I've ever seen in arena, at 4-1 to boot.

Only reason I'm making this post instead of sitting in the corner BabyRaging is the fact that I topdecked Sabotage next turn. Eat that justice.

Somewhere, someone else is saying, "look at this good job I did waiting to clear the board, and then this fucker gets a SABOTAGE?".

I feel your story loses its emotional punch I need cause you got the last word ya know?

FeD.nL

yea that's really weird interaction... like summon a 1/1 copy, but if it gets shadow stepped it goes back to original stats and loses the card text? how does that make sense... like if you silenced it, would it get it's original stats back?

Yup, they confirmed on their twitter that that's what happen if you silence a Volazj copy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Based Bliizy givin' the Shaman and Rogue some love.
NOICE!

Tarazet

Huh. Since it says "copy" does that include buffs? As I recall, when a copy of a minion goes onto the board, it also includes buff. But when it goes into your hand, it doesn't. But in this case, it's making a special copy with special stats.

Moonlight

Banned
Huh. Since it says "copy" does that include buffs? As I recall, when a copy of a minion goes onto the board, it also includes buff. But when it goes into your hand, it doesn't. But in this case, it's making a special copy with special stats.
It's just the card, no additional text. When you play Echo of Medivh, it doesn't add buffs. No reason this would either. Think of extra text as 'on play, set the minion to 1/1'.

that rogue card seems like it can also be used for combo activation in the later game, if you dont have a coin or prep to start it. Good card though

ViviOggi

Somewhere, someone else is saying, "look at this good job I did waiting to clear the board, and then this fucker gets a SABOTAGE?".

I feel your story loses its emotional punch I need cause you got the last word ya know?
It's more about the incredibly low chance of getting that perfect combination of high to actual top tier cards (including two epics), plus the nuts roll on a Consecrate-proof board, within 13 draws. The Sabotage topdeck makes for an epic twist as it turns a standard Kripp "perfect storm" story into a modern-day David and Goliath tale.

ViviOggi

Or Van Cleef, holy crap

You guys need to consider the real-world application of all these combos that seem cool in a vacuum. Edwin for example is mostly played as an all-in card against aggro where you burn a lot of cards to pump him up and hope they didn't draw their Owl. When he sticks in that situation you don't need another one, not only because you win the game off the back of a massive Edwin hitting face but more importantly because you just threw away your hand and don't have the means to make another impactful Edwin play. Against midrange/control Edwin is such a minor factor that it doesn't matter whether you have one or two. He's just there to fill the curve.
Other stuff that's been mentioned multiple times, like triggering combos past turn 6, is literally the least of Rogue's worries.

The one thing this card definitely brings to the table is flexibility, and that's being reflected in all these scenarios you guys keep coming up with. The question is if that's what you want out of a 5 mana 4/4, or rather a 6 mana 4/4 + x.

Sheroking

Try to play some Midrange Shaman at Rank 16. It's halfway through the month, and I figure I'm safe at that rank.

First match: Druid innervates Emperor on turn 3, innervates combo on turn 6.

Second match: Mech Mage has Mechwarper coin Mechwarper into 2 Clockwork Gnomes on turn 2. Plays out his entire hand.

Well, that was fun. I think I'll just go beat my head against a rock now. Probably have more fun doing it.

I don't think shadowcaster will be ran in mill. I think shadowstep, gang up, and vanish provide enough uses of coldlight oracle and this card doesn't quite fit the gameplan as well as those 3.

I think this card supports a midrange gameplan with heavier emphasis on tempo and minions. I think it's a little difficult to evaluate because it is a quite unique effect. It's not quite shadowstep since it doesn't remove the minion you target and it's 1 mana regardless of it's cost so 90% of the time it'll have an equal to or bigger discount than shadowstep.

It's potentially a great replacement for azure drake, especially in less combo-y decks or control. It also fits the theme of other rogue cards in this set:

Rogue seems to be getting a tool set that adds cards to your hand, rather than thinning your deck. Undercity huckster, burgle, and now thistle tea all fit a control game plan. But only one of those has any legs vs faster decks.

I also somehow missed the legendary card in that list. Xaril provides 2 cards from one card. They are equivalent of 1 mana spells... each of them... pretty great. Plus thistle tea, which seems like a bad card due to cost but it fits this type of game plan.

I'm actually kinda excited for the future of rogue from an expansion. Pretty much a first.

Try to play some Midrange Shaman at Rank 16. It's halfway through the month, and I figure I'm safe at that rank.

First match: Druid innervates Emperor on turn 3, innervates combo on turn 6.

Second match: Mech Mage has Mechwarper coin Mechwarper into 2 Clockwork Gnomes on turn 2. Plays out his entire hand.

Well, that was fun. I think I'll just go beat my head against a rock now. Probably have more fun doing it.

Once you get past 15 it's smooth sailing until 5, mostly.

I think there's been a mixing of ideas here with 1/1 1 copies.

If you silence the 1/1 1 copy, you get the stats back, but it loses all card text, as it normally would.

If you Shadowstep the 1/1 1 copy, you should get the normal card back, with the two less cost too.

The main thing I thought that the 1/1 1 copy was a completely different card than whatever it is originally, but that would make no sense because that would be a lot of work code / resource wise for an effect that only exists in two cards. So it's easy to gather that the 1/1 1 copy is the 'normal' card, just with the card text that makes it a 1/1 1 copy.

LiveWire

You guys need to consider the real-world application of all these combos that seem cool in a vacuum. Edwin for example is mostly played as an all-in card against aggro where you burn a lot of cards to pump him up and hope they didn't draw their Owl. When he sticks in that situation you don't need another one, not only because you win the game off the back of a massive Edwin hitting face but more importantly because you just threw away your hand and don't have the means to make another impactful Edwin play. Against midrange/control Edwin is such a minor factor that it doesn't matter whether you have one or two. He's just there to fill the curve.
Other stuff that's been mentioned multiple times, like triggering combos past turn 6, is literally the least of Rogue's worries.

The one thing this card definitely brings to the table is flexibility, and that's being reflected in all these scenarios you guys keep coming up with. The question is if that's what you want out of a 5 mana 4/4, or rather a 6 mana 4/4 + x.

Will Gang Ups of the 1/1 Edwin be 1 mana?

Top Bottom