• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Oh look, another card that should have been slotted for Priests. Instead, we get embrace the shadow; a spell replicate of a minion we already have. Thanks Blizzard!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shadowcaster is fucking BONKERS with Faceless Summoner and Unearthed Raptor.

Apathy

DiBiOpj.png

This can go fuck off, how can blizzard think it's already to print that card when priest get this?!?!

at best the priest card gets you 1 more copy of something but thats only if you have 3 things on the board to even copy.

gutshot

Shadowcaster is fucking BONKERS with Faceless Summoner and Unearthed Raptor.

I think you mean Twilight Summoner. Faceless Summoner is the Mage card that gives you a random 3-drop. It would be good with that one too though. Assuming you could get it off of Burgle or Huckster.

Imagine the synergy with leeroy
a 1/1 with charge that gives your opponents 2 1/1s
I think the game has been lacking a card on that power level for quite some time

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think you mean Twilight Summoner. Faceless Summoner is the Mage card that gives you a random 3-drop. It would be good with that one too though. Assuming you could get it off of Burgle or Huckster.

Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. Too many damn summoners in this set.

But my main point is that she'll be very good in a Raptor Rogue deck. She could even copy an Undercity Huckster and I think you might be fine with that.

Khadgar huh? Can't say I expected another Mage hero before everyone else got one, but there is a surplus of mages and warriors. Aegwynn is probably next.

Anyway fuck Khadgar.

Drb5OGF.jpg

Acerac

Banned
Wait, so I just don't have the ability to buy the new hero portrait if I lack an Apple device? That's interesting.

That rogue card looks pretty nasty, can't wait to see some combos people pull off with it.

Apathy

Wait, so I just don't have the ability to buy the new hero portrait if I lack an Apple device? That's interesting.

That rogue card looks pretty nasty, can't wait to see some combos people pull off with it.

Probably at a later time. Right now it's a promo a bunch of companies are doing for charity within the app store

georly

I'd like to try that card in Dragon Rogue. Some great battlecries could be activated for just 1 mana.

The downside is that you have to have played that dragon already, and a lot of the good dragons have mana costs greater than 5. If it survives, sure.

gutshot

I guess they wouldn't print a card like this for Priest because of Velen OTKO potential?

I guess. That being said, Malygos exists and the OTK potential is pretty big there.

Malygos+Conceal > Shadowcaster+Baby Malygos+Sinister Strike+Sinister Strike+Evis = 40 damage

Ikkarus

Shadowcaster would work wonderfully with the new rogue legendary too.

Looks like I'm going Rouge or Shaman when the Old Gods arrives. :)

Apathy

I guess. That being said, Malygos exists and the OTK potential is pretty big there.

Malygos+Conceal > Shadowcaster+Baby Malygos+Sinister Strike+Sinister Strike+Evis = 38 damage

Yup, pointed it out earlier, and this wont be that hard to pull off. This is dumb.

bjaelke

The downside is that you have to have played that dragon already, and a lot of the good dragons have mana costs greater than 5. If it survives, sure.

I'm theory crafting all my Old Gods decks with the assumption that BGH has committed seppuku.

Ketch

I don't know... I could see a poison rogue getting played with xaril, this card, raptors, bran, gang up and violet teacher.

the only thing it's really missing is oil... or some other kind of finisher... some kind of card that does something for every spell you cast... hmmm

ViviOggi

Tbh with all these Magical Christmas Land combos I can't shake the feeling that this thread doesn't play much Rogue. Generally the cards you'd want to target with this thing don't stick, aggro isn't going away either and Blizz is really focusing on huge 9-10 mana game-ending drops this expansion so a 2-turn, 6-card OTK play is simply not happening.

Like, I'm not saying this card is bad, it's a cool concept and one of those unique, open-ended cards that are really hard to evaluate in advance. I'd love to hear what top-tier Rogue players like Dog and Lifecoach have to say about it.

Apathy

So probably never?

Priest am cry. What has Anduinn done to BBrode to deserve this?

Someone on the ladder kept stealing all his stuff and this is what we get or the team wasn't satisfied that their representation at tournaments wasn't at 0, so they decided to fix that.Either way, my dream for dragon priest is dead with how disgusting some of these class cards have been, rather go switch to dragon paladin and maly rogue

Dahbomb

It fits well into Rogue's combo and Battlecry oriented feel. 1 mana card means it's easy to activate combo and the fact that it returns to hand means it's strong for Battlecry effects.

Ketch

Also really good with earthen ring farseers.

The thing about this card unlike many others announced so far is how good it already fits in existing decks.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I could see some malygos conceal shenanigans done for laughs

10 - malygos + conceal (or the toxin)
11 - the girl > mini malygos > evis > evis
12 - cry if this got used on you.

Or you could just play Faceless Manipulator and do that right now.

This is only better for small minions or battle cries.

I like the Shadowcaster. I'm not sure yet whether I like her enough to play her in a deck, but I appreciate the card design. A 5 mana 4/4 that affects card advantage obviously calls Azure Drake to mind. The effect is novel with the potential to enable combos, but not so strong as to be an auto-include like the Drake itself.

Right now I don't see anything particularly worth using it on. Refreshment Vendor, Dark Iron Skulker, Cult Apothecary, Azure Drake, Harrison, and Stampeding Kodo are okay at the 4/5 Mana mark - where this card is most likely to synergize with it.

Of note though, Leeroy and Greenskin can be bounced with this guy. Combo potential there.

Going up the curve, Reno and Black Knight are both good contenders. Black Knight definitely having a chance to see play in the new meta if Soggoth is being ran in decks.

In magical Christmas land, we have Ragnaros that can be copied and then never played. But maybe Malygos, Conceal, play this next turn, play another Malygos the turn after could work... or you could spend about 3 turns doing nothing and then die. Ysera has the same issue. Copying anything above 6/7 with this card does very little that simply playing Anub'Aruk wouldn't.

Pooya

Tbh with all these Magical Christmas Land combos I can't shake the feeling that this thread doesn't play much Rogue. Generally the cards you'd want to target with this thing don't stick, aggro isn't going away either and Blizz is really focusing on huge 9-10 mana game-ending drops this expansion so a 2-turn, 6-card OTK play is simply not happening.

Like, I'm not saying this card is bad, it's a cool concept and one of those unique, open-ended cards that are really hard to evaluate in advance. I'd love to hear what top-tier Rogue players like Dog and Lifecoach have to say about it.

Coming with fantasy combos are easy, building a functional deck isn't. You have this fantasy rogue deck that has a board consistently, curves perfectly and pulls off these Johnny combos , yeah sure, I wish best of luck to you, sounds a lot of fun honestly. The fascination with raptor some show here is so much that every card with deathrattle somehow is good with it and associated, even something like Xaril is often name dropped for raptor rogue synergy around here where it makes no sense, I think some people just don't understand the concept of value and tempo and how rogue in particular uniquely plays and swings between those. It's understandable, it's a hard class to evaluate and play and the least played class for a reason.

Apathy

Or you could just play Faceless Manipulator and do that right now.

This is only better for small minions or battle cries.

I was pointing at the obsurdity, we all know it's going to be a mill thing, or used on a strong battlecry like xaril, hell with Brann you can do it twice

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm going to bet people will play rogue legendary and maybe this card even regularly but not raptor :p

raptor is going away in 8-9 months anyway but these cards are in for full 2 years.

Raptor should be in a bit longer I think, it won't rotate out until the first 2017 expansion comes out. So I'm thinking 10 months.

Also, I think people should not dismiss Wild as some no mans land.

Ketch

I was pointing at the obsurdity, we all know it's going to be a mill thing, or used on a strong battlecry like xaril, hell with Brann you can do it twice

then you get the shadow step toxin from xaril and do it a third and fourth time!

Moonlight

Banned
Oh, this is Recycle vs Entomb all over again, except it's happening in the same expansion.
Recycle and Entomb was a silly controversy, though. What classes need/should have varies in their existing tools and play styles.

Not that I don't think it's hilarious that Volazj is worse in almost every regard, but still.

What's the point of bouncing Leeroy? It will come on board as a 1/1 minion.

Still at charge to have spells put on it. You burst six, bounce a charge, and then throw buffs on it next turn. Not particularly good, but it removes the need for other chargers without providing too much of a downside. It has Combo potential, but it's not very good potential.

Top Bottom