• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Tacitus_

7/6 Highmane

For new cards, this does work alright with something like Polluted Hoarder, Infested Tauren, and Spawn of N'Zoth. It's just kind of unfortunate since you want two out of those three to actually die to get the benefit of their Deathrattles, so getting an extra health could technically hurt it some situations.

There's also Cairne, Sylvanas, Huge Toad, Leper Gnome, and the aforementioned Harvest Golem in Standard too.

Sheroking

Card will be auto-include in the N'Zoth Hunter decks, just you wait.

That's pretty much where I see a fit for it in standard.

N'Zoth decks shouldn't run too many smaller deathrattle minions anyway. I think you're better off treating that like the Anyfin deck, where you're controlling in the early game and running out Sylvanas, Cairne and Highmane before your big N'Zoth turn. A playable 3 drop that buffs your Cairne or something might work.

Pooya

what's new in patch?

-next cardback

-Old Murk Eye removed from the paladin recipe.

-bunch of fixes.

-Ugly Khadgar portrait for iOS store.

How do the pre-built decks hold up? When I used to play this game I'd stay around rank 14-15. Since I started playing again I can barely hit rank 18. Granted I make my own decks w/o looking up strategies, so I know I'll never be great. I'm just wondering if I'm actually making worse decks than the ones they offer.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
meh? what deathrattle cards hunter is going to play. Buff your highmanes maybe.

Huge Toad, Leper Gnome, Highmane, maybe Twilight Summoner? Although this would put your highmane into BGH range. We're probably missing some of the pieces here.

Although this thing is ridiculous in Wild. Webspinner, Haunted Creeper, Mad Scientist, Shredder, Sludge Belcher. Definitely for a midrange hunter.

Acerac

Banned
How do the pre-built decks hold up? When I used to play this game I'd stay around rank 14-15. Since I started playing again I can barely hit rank 18. Granted I make my own decks w/o looking up strategies, so I know I'll never be great. I'm just wondering if I'm actually making worse decks than the ones they offer.

The pre-built decks are mainly there for ideas. While many of the concepts are workable, I wouldn't use them for anything more than inspiration.

Don't be afraid to check out websites like hearthpwn for ideas. While it's not my favorite option for the strongest decks in the metagame, it's certainly helped me find a few new possibilities I'd not have otherwise considered.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty underwhelming in Standard. There are deathrattles, but there aren't a ton. It's very likely to be not worth it there. In Wild, this thing is nuts. Haunted Creepers, Highmanes (standard has this too), Belchers, Shredders, Mad Scientists, etc The list goes on. Slot in 1 or 2 of these into a mid range deck and you probably get a delayed +2/+2 or +3/+3. Pretty decent. Worth the tempo loss? Hard to say. The face-y decks are not likely to have room for it even though they are also running lots of deathrattles.

Too bad it doesn't synergize with Explorer's Hat! It might make that card playable (lol no it wouldn't).

Dahbomb

Sucks for the people that want to see new cool cards for a class for standard and have no interest in wild
This card will be around for two years, they will be more Deathrattle cards in the future.

Important thing to note is the card's potential power level. In a full Deathrattle deck it's quite strong and unlike Mistcaller doesn't punish you with a huge tempo loss on turn 3.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just grinded out a druid dominance and tavern brawl quest simultaneously. Surprisingly went 5-1 with a thrown together deck, they're still really strong in that format.

Miletius

Pretty underwhelming in Standard. There are deathrattles, but there aren't a ton. It's very likely to be not worth it there. In Wild, this thing is nuts. Haunted Creepers, Highmanes (standard has this too), Belchers, Shredders, Mad Scientists, etc The list goes on. Slot in 1 or 2 of these into a mid range deck and you probably get a delayed +2/+2 or +3/+3. Pretty decent. Worth the tempo loss? Hard to say. The face-y decks are not likely to have room for it even though they are also running lots of deathrattles.

Too bad it doesn't synergize with Explorer's Hat! It might make that card playable (lol no it wouldn't).

I actually think that's precisely why they printed it now instead of earlier. It's way too strong a card in the post naxx to now meta to be even considered. Every hunter would run two of these.

Now there's less chance of that happening since deathrattle was nerfed. It's probably still a great card, but not a "must have in every hunter deck" great.

Looks like one of those cards which is good in a deck that doesn't really exist.

Should be fun though. Will no doubt be able to build something to break the meta.

I literally thought to myself "this asshole better not get something game winning out of this portal."

He got Deathwing, luckily for me I still had lethal on board(based Highmane). Krush won me the game by allowing me to kill Antonidas asap. CAN'T SEE BOOM DOING THAT HUH

That Steal Priest deck is not good, but I just pulled Thaurassan from Mind Games twice with Ysera on the board, and it was pretty amusing.

Apathy

That Steal Priest deck is not good, but I just pulled Thaurassan from Mind Games twice with Ysera on the board, and it was pretty amusing.

It's more for fun, the times it works and you can really piss off someone with their own toys

Lol, Reynad being professional and salty at the same time in this post lost interview

ZeroX03

Banned
This new hero is actually a decent price and supports something, snatched it up. Doesn't look as cool as Medivh but the price is right.

gutshot

New Hunter card seems pretty bad. Not even sure you'd want to run it in Wild. Is a +1/+1 on a couple cards really that good? I feel like there are better ways to spend your mana in midrange Hunter.

New Hunter card seems pretty bad. Not even sure you'd want to run it in Wild. Is a +1/+1 on a couple cards really that good? I feel like there are better ways to spend your mana in midrange Hunter.

Yeah, it's a bit off, but maybe it'll be better in the next year of whatnot or however seasons are handled.

I think an interesting effect would of been to give Deathrattle cards +1/+1 while also giving +1/+1 to any minions summoned by said Deathrattle cards.

Sure, it makes Highmane even stronger, which isn't needed, but I feel something like that would make it more used since this only effects cards in your hand.

It fits in a feign death deck nicely... Which of course no longer helps a lot.

For aggro, you want more aggroey stuff. For beast? Houndmaster etc.

Feign death is just a meh card. This meh card plus feign death doesn't add up to a good strat imo. But if it has a chance, it's probably in wild where midrange hunter can run 2-3 more deathrattles than it can in standard.

bjaelke

Dog currently reviewing cards on his stream. Makes me realise how many have already been revealed and just how underwhelming they are.

Tarazet

Strikes me as a good Arena card because the pool of deathrattle cards is pretty strong. But Hunter's rares give it a lot of competition.

fertygo

Long term card that's card will only get stronger when new adventure/xpac came perhaps?

btw I kinda want play this Faeria game that kripp shilling

Top Bottom