• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Lightbomb is OP as fuck. It punishes every single deck from face aggro crap to control decks. Holy Nova and Excavated Evil are more than enough to deal with decks that dump everything on the board. Don't even get me started on the shit card that is Entomb.

Note I'm not saying that those cards make Priest as a class OP, cause it's still low tier garbage.

Lightbomb seems a lot like flamestrike to me. A card that at first seems OP, but starts to look a lot more weak after you learn to overcommit into it, and you realise that 6 mana is really a lot of mana.

Brofist

Lightbomb seems a lot like flamestrike to me. A card that at first seems OP, but starts to look a lot more weak after you learn to overcommit into it, and you realise that 6 mana is really a lot of mana.

Flamestrike is much easier to play around and the difference between 6 and 7 mana is huge. There is a reason why lightbomb is run in every single Priest deck in existence and you never see flamestrike outside of arena. Between it and entomb Priests are one of the only classes that don't even need to slot in a bgh.

And you don't even need to overcommit by much for lightbomb to be worth its cost.

The card completely dictates the opponent's plays, playing around it means usually playing subpar turns. Card can't even really backfire like other similar clears like brawl or twisting nether which cost 2 more and is guaranteed to wipe your own board.

peakish

Why does Tomb Pillager get to be a 5/4 get a coin? Does Deathrattle: get an essentially random card, not valued the same? How about Battlecry: get a card from your opponents deck.
? I'm just not very excited about not getting to make a decision and instead getting something mostly random. Discover is a fun mechanic and gets me to make a decision on what will be most useful.

Ladekabel

Don't worry, shadow word: horror should make up for loosing light bomb /s

Though nothing will replace Lightbomb, I think SW: Horror has potential with Creeper and Egg leaving.

Not feeling the new card though. I would pick it from Curator and after that accept it from N'zoth. Maybe it might see play in a N'Zoth Priest deck. Compared to revealed cards from other classes so far, Priest got pretty shafted.

? I'm just not very excited about not getting to make a decision and instead getting something mostly random. Discover is a fun mechanic and gets me to make a decision on what will be most useful.

Discover one of your opponents cards would have made it an amazingly good card (strength and design).

peakish

Discover one of your opponents cards would have made it an amazingly good card (strength and design).
Yup! And a really fun one.

Edit: I'll say that I was a bit drunk last night when I saw the card and made the comment, and that I was unfairly comparing it to Museum Curator which has a nice discover and also one stat point below the "mean" of it's mana cost. Of course it's super powerful to get cards from a deck vetted list compared to deathrattles (although there are some pretty great ones you can get from it).

Still decidedly meh on thoughtsteal effects. But I have realized why it isn't a discover.

jgminto

Did they seriously change the Explosive Sheep/Poison Seeds interaction with the latest patch? That's so dumb, I was enjoying playing Mill Druid...

Pooya

apparently new card, this is how you reveal a card lol

A32bZgN.jpg

3 2/2 Battlecry:Deal 1 damage to each enemy minion

arcane explosion on a minion for 3 mana, seemsgood. and it's another common, nice.

Pooya

maybe battlecry mage can be a thing. Some good effects here. This with Brann is a pretty good, that other common is pretty good, they are good on their own.

FeD.nL

All these commons are pretty good (apart from balanced muster). Going to be great for new players to start playing with this set. Seems Blizzard is really making sure that the power level between a deck mostly consisting of commons and a competitive deck (with legendaries/epics) is getting closer together.

All these commons are pretty good (apart from balanced muster). Going to be great for new players to start playing with this set. Seems Blizzard is really making sure that the power level between a deck mostly consisting of commons and a competitive deck (with legendaries/epics) is getting closer together.

Or they just really, really want to fuck over arena players who don't like mage.

Ladekabel

Are Priest and Hunter the only classes without a revealed common?

Edit.: nvm, just checked the reveal chart on reddit and Rogue and Shaman are missing, too.

Damn, it's a common card, always having to play around arcane explosion is going to be annoying in arena. I liked that you could safely flood the board against mage before turn 7.

fertygo

Blizz hearing kripp, he think Arena is better when there's one top tier class, made if you draft with another class you can focus to counter measure to that class without getting screwed to other top tier matchup, resulting to more consistency altogether.. 3

its kinda absurd argument tho lulz

KuroNeeko

That Mage card is going to wreck Silver Hand Recruits, Roots, Loot Hoarders, and a whole lot of other stuff. I'm ready for the Acolyte of Pain / Enraged Worgen meta-meta.

Lightbomb is OP as fuck. It punishes every single deck from face aggro crap to control decks. Holy Nova and Excavated Evil are more than enough to deal with decks that dump everything on the board. Don't even get me started on the shit card that is Entomb.

Note I'm not saying that those cards make Priest as a class OP, cause it's still low tier garbage.

Sounds like you've made up your mind about LB already, but it is very much a conditional clear. Lightbomb doesn't help me very much with Dragon Hatchlings, Sludge Belchers, Tazz Dingo, Elise, Deathlords, Dragon Decks, Chromaggus, or any other deck that includes creatures with a toughness higher than their power. I mean it helps weaken them up, but other times I'd rather have a Blizzard, Brawl, Flamestrike, or Twisting Nether...

If you think LB is OP, then I imagine you think most other AoE is too...

That Mage card is going to wreck Silver Hand Recruits, Roots, Loot Hoarders, and a whole lot of other stuff. I'm ready for the Acolyte of Pain / Enraged Worgen meta-meta.

Sounds like you've made up your mind about LB already, but it is very much a conditional clear. Lightbomb doesn't help me very much with Dragon Hatchlings, Sludge Belchers, Tazz Dingo, Elise, Deathlords, Dragon Decks, Chromaggus, or any other deck that includes creatures with a toughness higher than their power. I mean it helps weaken them up, but other times I'd rather have a Blizzard, Brawl, Flamestrike, or Twisting Nether...

If you think LB is OP, then I imagine you think most other AoE is too...
Oh, so you mean it doesn't kill the cards Priests like to use?

Lightbomb is a pretty stupid card. I'm glad it is leaving.

FeD.nL

Or they just really, really want to fuck over arena players who don't like mage.

I think they really want those deck recipes to be decent for new players with some okay -> good subs for some of the cards and Arena balance is a lower priority. Like this card can more or less fit in the flamewaker slot for a new player.

I really don't understand why people post things like "omg I love your salt" in this thread, but I do know I am happier not having to read those posts.

V-Faction

It's strange. I feel the best cards come from Blizzard when they aren't trying to "help" a class get better or do better in some particular instance. Like Mage; I would never say Mage is a class that has ever needed a helping-hand. They've always been rock solid in Constructed, Arena, Newbie decks, and tournament decks. The cards they receive have such wonderful and interesting applications. Such as this new card, which is ridiculous and can fill plenty of roles. Compare that with, I dunno, Beast Druid, which they've been trying to shove down our throats and cram into the game awkwardly since GvG.

Did they seriously change the Explosive Sheep/Poison Seeds interaction with the latest patch? That's so dumb, I was enjoying playing Mill Druid...
Interesting thing about that, it also changed for Shaman and Reincarnate too. (It's just that no one plays that combo except me sometimes.)

Basically you used to play a Sheep and then Reincarnate for two damage and you'd get another Sheep untouched. Now when you do it, you'll do four damage that's staggered but no sheep.

In that situation, it's a better AoE card combo I think, don't know against other Deathrattle cards since I don't play it that much, but that's only on the Shaman side of things.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
lol another powerful arena common for mage. At least Ravaging Ghoul is probably better?

Dahbomb

I really don't understand why people post things like "omg I love your salt" in this thread, but I do know I am happier not having to read those posts.
Reading salty comments/rants is hilarious because it shows obvious bias and short sightedness.

Plus of course enjoying other's misery is a defining trait of the human race.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Just don't flood the board or use solid deathrattles if you're having issues with Lightbomb.

Using the Hunter example, Highmane, Shredder, and Haunted Creeper would all be fine to play into Lightbomb (though Haunted might get Cabal'ed if you're expecting that).

If your board is good enough, just use stuff like your hero power instead as well. They have to do something to stop you and not die if your board is a Shredder and a Highmane, so you don't need to drop three more minions down on top of it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck mage commons gonna run all the arenas this expansion. Damn, man. 3/2/2 isn't amazing, but being able to straight wreck paladin,and every 1 HP minion. Niiiice.

Playability in constructed will depend on how many 1 HP minions show up. Could be a tech choice but leaning towards not.

Dahbomb

Lightbomb is perfectly fine in a meta that had so many Deathrattle, Divine Shield and proc on hit minions. It was also a necessary way to deal with a board that had Dr Boom and or Mysterious Challenger.

But in a Midrange or slower meta, Lightbomb would probably be too much.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Still no release date?

We know we're getting an official stream next week on the 21st that will showoff new cards and probably do the final dump. Release will likely be very soon after that, probably on the 26th based on leaks.

Owzers

The struggle to rank 5 continues, i got up to six and kicked back down to seven. I don't like secret pally mirror matches, man that deck is awful.

Levi

Banned

Considering you insulted me for no reason, I'm very happy when I see you whining about how unfair it is that classes have anti aggro cards.

kaskade

I haven't played since the first expansion and I'm scared to jump back in. Someone help.

Do I need the previous ones? I saw something about some cards not being used in some modes.

I haven't played since the first expansion and I'm scared to jump back in. Someone help.

Do I need the previous ones? I saw something about some cards not being used in some modes.

There aren't any modes (aka formats) yet. Here is the blizzard blog post on standard/wild formats coming once the new expansion hits. http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19995505/a-new-way-to-play-2-2-2016

In short, standard format will not include GVG and naxxramas cards. And in 2017, after the first expansion hits, the format won't include content they added in 2015 (black rock mountain and the grand tournament). In 2018 it won't include content from 2016.

But wild format will always allow all cards from any set.

Reading salty comments/rants is hilarious because it shows obvious bias and short sightedness.

Plus of course enjoying other's misery is a defining trait of the human race.
I enjoy it when people post counterarguments instead of "lolsalt". There's a reason any respectable human being turns FGC Twitch chat off.

And of course the Germans have a famous word for it with no obvious English translation.

Schadenfreude.
I am not unfamiliar with it. :)

Just don't flood the board or use solid deathrattles if you're having issues with Lightbomb.

Using the Hunter example, Highmane, Shredder, and Haunted Creeper would all be fine to play into Lightbomb (though Haunted might get Cabal'ed if you're expecting that).

If your board is good enough, just use stuff like your hero power instead as well. They have to do something to stop you and not die if your board is a Shredder and a Highmane, so you don't need to drop three more minions down on top of it.

The problem is that, as any kind of aggro deck, you are on a timer. You need to deal the damage before they draw their wipes, and if you apply too little pressure they can heal through it. The real problem with aggro decks isn't that they are brain dead, but that they are rarely allowed to make strategic decisions.

Considering you insulted me for no reason, I'm very happy when I see you whining about how unfair it is that classes have anti aggro cards.
I don't know who you are, sorry. I don't care if classes have anti-aggro cards.

Top Bottom