• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Normally I would say yes, but I think they will need to patch the cards into the client for it to work. I guess we will see.

They probably won't, then. They don't want the cards to leak before Thursday's stream.

ViviOggi

TGT was supposed to have a Pirate Legendary minion. It was too powerful at the time but could fit in for Standard.
635951432828057631.png

da70f17cad9fd4d0792928f091a02e14.gif

ZealousD

maybe just remove Nozdormu from the game then because all it does is cause problems

No you see, it deserves to be in the game because "it blows your mind".

Not kidding, that's the actual justification for why Blizzard hasn't changed it.

Ridli

Well finally it's official. Gonna be a long week waiting for that update tho. I can't wait to give midrange shaman a real go. Looking for that Mist Caller into Master of Evolution dream!

Oh nice EU gets it one day later again

What's the point of that? Ensuring that the US gets it before anyone else?

Servers basically melted when TGT came out, you could get on but it took ages and actually opening your packs slowed to a crawl. This was even with the pre-order. It wasn't GvG bad (plus less people bought the wrong packs than last time) but the game was toast for a few days.

I'm fine with waiting if I can open my packs at normal speed. I'm going to have about a hundred, it's gonna take awhile.

Apathy

Servers basically melted when TGT came out, you could get on but it took ages and actually opening your packs slowed to a crawl. This was even with the pre-order. It wasn't GvG bad (plus less people bought the wrong packs than last time) but the game was toast for a few days.

I'm fine with waiting if I can open my packs at normal speed. I'm going to have about a hundred, it's gonna take awhile.

Opening the packs can be slow so I can come on here and complain :D Sorry EUgaffers.

Magnus

The Owl/BGH comment from Ben Brode makes me think they may take some liberties with re-assigning cards from some sets to Classic, in order to welcome them into Standard format (or vice-versa) on a case-by-case basis.

Also, this Brode comment confuses me:

TGT was supposed to have a Pirate Legendary minion. It was too powerful at the time but could fit in for Standard.

Didn't we get this card with TGT?:

22260-skycap-n-kragg.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
23k gold -> still buys that stupid 50 bucks pack

Mill Rogue bounced my Boom back three times. The third time, he played Vanish on a board with four Boom Bots and my hand was full. This went about as well as can be expected for him. Eh-heh-heh-heh....

Szadek

Owl and BGH are probably going to cost like 8 mana, but keep the same stats, because the stats are a part of the soul of the cards or something.

Nothing like bad RNG to make you go on tilt for several games in a row.

I've counted them: 6 juggles in a row have gone face when there were 2 or more minions on my opponents board.

inky

He's taking about the alligator riding pirate that was shown in the first trailer.

D4wu4Te.jpg

I remember this. I always assumed it was a reworked Kragg; I think we mentioned it here when he were talking about how these tease cards always have the right stats, just the wrong rarity.

I'm not sure I care if it makes it in anymore. They have really mishandled some tribes imo.

BigAT

Have they said if the amount of dust you get for dusting Wild cards will remain the same as it is now? I have two Dr. Booms that I was holding on to for when Blizzard would do the obvious thing and nerf him (whoops) and I want to make sure there isn't some deadline to dust it when the card is moved out of Standard.

ZealousD

Have they said if the amount of dust you get for dusting Wild cards will remain the same as it is now? I have two Dr. Booms that I was holding on to for when Blizzard would do the obvious thing and nerf him (whoops) and I want to make sure there isn't some deadline to dust it when the card is moved out of Standard.

Crafting costs won't change for certain, so they probably won't change the disenchanting cost either. We absolutely do know that they won't be increasing the amount of dust you get from disenchanting.

Apathy

Really hoping the street art advertising they made for gods will actually show up as real cards. Mostly cause I want to see that twin emps and the the fen creeper art

bigkrev

Haven't dusted anything in a few months because what if nerfs happen?
But decided to look and see what I have that could get dusted
CgbRwm4W8AAtRtT.jpg

Guess I really like The Black Knight?

Apathy

CgbRwm4W8AAtRtT.jpg

He might make a comeback. I imagine if in some crazy time where Soggoth enter the meta and silence is nerfed to not break taunts, the black knight could make a comeback to deal with it, except maybe in dragon decks where they could use Rend

It's kind of interesting that the Black Knight doesn't see much play in the current meta, given how pervasive Sludge Belcher is. I suppose because it's fairly situational (doesn't do anything vs. aggro), and it doesn't outright deal with the Belcher anyway, as you still have the slime left over.

In the new standard format though? Who knows?

georly

It's kind of interesting that the Black Knight doesn't see much play in the current meta, given how pervasive Sludge Belcher is. I suppose because it's fairly situational (doesn't do anything vs. aggro), and it doesn't outright deal with the Belcher anyway, as you still have the slime left over.

If that 5/9 taunt can't be targeted minion sees play, black knight will come back.

CgbRwm4W8AAtRtT.jpg

He might make a comeback. I imagine if in some crazy time where Soggoth enter the meta and silence is nerfed to not break taunts, the black knight could make a comeback to deal with it, except maybe in dragon decks where they could use Rend

Depending on what taunts are left to reveal (if any) in WotG I think it would be worth keeping TBK around because if there's not an adequate replacement for Sludge Belcher I think you might see a lot more Sunwalkers around in standard in control decks.

Heck I was actually kind of thinking about crafting one earlier because I've ran into sunwalker quite often lately around rank 5-8.

QUESTION!

If a card gets nerfed in a patch, and I open it in a pack shortly after the patch, is it still worth bonus dust?

That pirate on a lizard looks great.

Also, wow at that Owl/BGH comment. But without Owl and BGH, some OP cards are going to become apparent extremely fast.

Is it just me or do you ONLY face Reno decks when running an aggro deck?

Oh and they'll always have Reno at turn 6.
Yes and yes.

How does midrange hunter deal with Secret Paladin? Every time I do fine up until MC gets dropped and then it all falls apart really fast. I can't stop them from having a board before they drop him.
I have a 75% win rate against Secret Paladin with Hybrid Hunter. The important tricks are:
1) Get good board tempo with preferably sticky minions like Shredder and Creeper.
2) Don't be afraid to go face; having your opponent at low health by turn 6 is kind of important, because you need to kill by turn 8 in case he gets Tirion. That's GG for you unless you can Owl it.
3) Freezing Trap, Kill Command, Hunter's Mark and/or Quick Shot for Mysterious Challenger. Freezing Trap is especially great because you can clear everything but the Avenge minion, and then it bounces back to their hand; all the buffs are gone.
4) Save Unleash the Hounds for Mysterious Challenger. I usually don't kill Muster troops for this reason. Save Juggler for this moment if you can. Use the hounds to clear the two 2/1 Defenders. A weapon is good for this, too.

Basically, play a minion-tempo game until turn 6, then unload all your spells to clear their board + secrets. They don't have a good defensive turn 7 drop, so your goal is to have enough minions at the end of turn 6 to go all face on turn 7 if he drops Dr. Boom, and you need to be in spell kill range by turn 8 so you don't have to fight Tirion. Tirion is pretty much a lost game otherwise.

Really, with hybrid hunter I don't loathe fighting Paladins at all. I think the matchup is favorable for hybrid hunter, just by a bit.

No you see, it deserves to be in the game because "it blows your mind".

Not kidding, that's the actual justification for why Blizzard hasn't changed it.
I said "wow".

I don't play hunter, but what about flare? Is that worth it?
2 mana to do something good in 3/9 matchups, and nothing in 6/9, makes it infrequently used.

it's fine for that one match up but dead for pretty much everything else. Idk how strong flare is against freeze mage
Amazing, but Freeze Mage is already pretty free for Hunters. I've only lost to two, I think, and they were both crazy wins where the opponent killed me with nothing but spells from his hand - no Alex or Antonidas. Just Frost Bolts, Ice Lances, Fireballs, and a Pyroblast at the end over the course of 2 turns while he sat behind double Ice block. Could Flare have won that match for me? Sure, but it hasn't been relevant in any other match. Hunters have the best hero power for dealing with Ice Block.

Danj

Are paladins still the most overpowered class on the ladder at the moment, or has that changed since last month?

ZealousD

He saw a lot of play post-Naxx for this reason, but about half as many decks run Belcher these days, and Handlock is completely gone. And while Deathlord is actually at the peak of popularity he comes too late for Deathlords.

QUESTION!

If a card gets nerfed in a patch, and I open it in a pack shortly after the patch, is it still worth bonus dust?

It's been forever since they last nerfed anything that gave dust. I think Leeroy or Sylvanas was the last big nerf? If I remember correctly you're given a week (until next scheduled maintenance) to disenchant for full dust amount from when it was nerfed.

I might be wrong though.

Top Bottom