• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

greepoman

This is end of era state of game right now, people just don't really give a hell.

I think this is an important point which skews people's judgement to make people think secret pally isn't as good as it really is.

The deck is just horribly unfun to play. I think most good people would rather play zoo-lock or something else which is also tier 1 and also just more fun (dark peddler i'm looking at you). Thus you get these terrible players playing secret pally who make misplays (yes this is actually some consideration with mulligans, secrets vs certain matchups, when to trade, etc.) and make secret pally look worse than it actually is.

Dahbomb

It's also cyclical meta.

Secret Paladin becomes best -> People play Freeze Mage/Grim Patron Warrior

Freeze Mage/Patron become best -> Control Warrior comes back

Control Warrior in tier 1 -> Secret Paladin back on top

2 more months and even Tempostorm would've been forced to put Secret Paladin as best.

Pooya

I can't wait to play all these 10 mana cards in this set.

game_duration_min_time.png

The lack of any discernible sorting in that chart along with the ridiculous rainbow colorscheme is killing me. At least the colors are class based so there's some sort of sanity

gutshot

The lack of any discernible sorting in that chart along with the ridiculous rainbow colorscheme is killing me. At least the colors are class based so there's some sort of sanity

It's sorted by duration. Which is weird, I would think turns would be a better default sort.

inky

I'm not ready for this expansion. Barely enough gold to buy packs (30 packs at most, no plans on pre-ordering this time around), 5k dust tops, no idea where the game is heading or what I would like to play if they kill my Druid cards.

Sheroking

I had an interesting encounter with an aggro Priest.

Is that deck really just face hunter + velens chosens and Sir Finley, or was that dude just that boring.

Since when is rank 5 meta defining? I can hit rank 5 with the crappiest of crappy rogue decks in the past, even early in the season.

As for what is at the top of the meta at this exact moment? I don't know. The point I was making is that some people seem unwilling to accept that secret paladin may not be among the best decks to play atm.

Please, please play Classic Rogue and stream your ranked journey to 5. :-D

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno. I pretty much only play ranked up to 5 ever. I don't have time to grind up to legend, there are other games to play! So as far as I'm concerned 20-5 is the meta. Watching whatever is popular that day/week/month/tournament is useful research though because everyone will copy it. If you can at least pull out the counter to that then you have a decent shot at climbing faster.

It doesn't look terrible but I've already ranked up this season and next season is going to be standard with a new set so I'm not gonna waste my time on that.

Plus this was back in naxxramas when face hunters were super popular. I just built a deck that did well enough against them. IIRC they couldn't handle it when you got some really aggressive starts and rogue could do that.

Edit:
Actually I have been playing a crappy rogue deck a bit lately.

.eJwNzEEOgyAQBdC7sBf41VHwBN33AIbgBEwUDExXTe_evgO8j3q3U60qi9x9NWY_eqxt111qC4l1qjWdHO6j61gvE0RCzBcX6QYzQMtkrSWQs_7hDBaMnsiTw4jHjInMk0OT_O8Kb6_YmEvPVTY7DVgGzBu8ttBw-i5JfX81Biyc.1cvruyuPcJF9yzbblIm2HKqo5pk.png

I'm 5-1 with that deck atm. I just don't focus too much on a single deck these days.

edit2:
Decided to take it a whirl, already 1-0 with classic rogue :p

last edit:
I played classic rogue to 3-0, manhack watched 2 of them. I played a tempo mage, then a midrange hunter, then a zoolock.

I had an interesting encounter with an aggro Priest.

Is that deck really just face hunter + velens chosens and Sir Finley, or was that dude just that boring.

i have a bunch of aggro priest decks in my post history, priest has some good cards for face. shadow word pain is actually amazing for taking out taunt creatures (senjin, belcher, deathlord), 0 cost silence is better than owl and allows you to run through a taunt with a minion using all of your mana instead of -2, use shadow word/silence combo and you can take out a sludge belcher for 2 mana, shadow bomber can be good, power word shield is good with aggro minions, holy fire can be a good finisher or staller. the problem with the decks is card draw, because northshire cleric is way too slow for it. but i got into single digit ranks with it when i was really toying around heavily. if you get lifetap it's amazing, but the card draw makes it inconsistent. still fun tho IMO, i hope the expansion has some cards that help it

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So what happens when you have Aviana and Naga Sea Witch on the field at the same time? I honestly am considering crafting it for my Naga Ramp Druid deck.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Same with millhouse/loatheb IIRC--loatheb second makes every spell cost 5, millhouse second overwrites the increase and makes everything 0.

Sheroking

Play fun decks - get nothing but Druid and Secret Pally.
Tryhard with Tempo Mage - get fundecks and rise 8 ranks in a few hours.

Everything about this is dissatisfying at the moment.

fertygo

Play fun decks - get nothing but Druid and Secret Pally.
Tryhard with Tempo Mage - get fundecks and rise 8 ranks in a few hours.

Everything about this is dissatisfying at the moment.

I rise to rank 11 with Hybrid Hunter, pretty much the highest rank that I reach but not quite happy about it :(

My janky Dragon Priest only gonna stomped by secret pally

KuroNeeko

Laddering with Druid Summoning Stone and am getting bodied by Demon Zoo.

The balance of power slowly starts tipping back towards neutral as I stabilize. I throw down Summoning Stone on turn 5, Innervate → Power of the Wild. I'm ready to completely trash this guy next turn, my 2-cost minion is coming through the Summoning Stone now and....THE END IS COMING..........

Sheeeeit.

I ain't even mad.

Owzers

Rank 6 with full stars, just wish it were over.....

yessssssssssss. I'm such a good secret paladin. I don't want this to ever end. I heard there was some standard thing coming, i hope nothing is changed, I haven't read much.

nothing like not playing a minion until turn 5 against a mage to think you're doomed. Turn 1 Avenge, Turn 2 noble and redemption and they tap, turn 3 i have to tap silver hand and they use arcane intellect, turn 4 blessing of kings go face and they flame torch it so it's 5/2 for reasons, turn 5 loatheb, they play card draw pain guy and i go face, Turn 6 True sword and go face face face and they concede.

Peléo;201424166 said:
Uh, didnt know that. Thanks for the info.

You learn these things when you have a clever play that uses 11 mana and you have the coin then you play it first. Not that I've ever done that... >_>

Magnus

Everyone's stressing out so much about 'losing' so many great cards, but that's just for Standard.

Is no one going to play Wild anymore? I get that Standard is the new official tourney format, but how many of you/us does that really affect?

Everyone's stressing out so much about 'losing' so many great cards, but that's just for Standard.

Is no one going to play Wild anymore? I get that Standard is the new official tourney format, but how many of you/us does that really affect?

Do you really want to live in a world where Dr. Boom is still playable? I'm not sure if I do.

I didn't say it was easy, just that it was doable.
I don't think that's true, either.

Rank 6 with full stars, just wish it were over.....

yessssssssssss. I'm such a good secret paladin. I don't want this to ever end. I heard there was some standard thing coming, i hope nothing is changed, I haven't read much.

nothing like not playing a minion until turn 5 against a mage to think you're doomed. Turn 1 Avenge, Turn 2 noble and redemption and they tap, turn 3 i have to tap silver hand and they use arcane intellect, turn 4 blessing of kings go face and they flame torch it so it's 5/2 for reasons, turn 5 loatheb, they play card draw pain guy and i go face, Turn 6 True sword and go face face face and they concede.
I imagine you're joking.

Top Bottom