• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

De-ranking from 1 star to 5 to 9 is awesome

So many freaking zoo locks with sea giants :/ Honestly I have a tougher time with them than secretadins.

georly

No cards yesterday, no cards today? Nah it's cool, I can wait until tomorrow for the stream.

N7UOoz0.gif

Yeah ;_; I can't handle.

Hope we get the raven idol brawl so I can do quests all weekend.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
what are ppls opinions on the best LoE class cards?

thats my last set of cards i can unlock before Old Gods

Keeper of Uldaman, Entomb, Ethereal Conjurer, Tomb Pillager, Museum Curator, Dark Peddler, and Tunnel Trogg.

Mounted Raptor, Excavated Evil, and Fierce Monkey are also reasonable.

Anyfin Can Happen made a deck on its own, but it won't survive Standard as is.

Dahbomb

what are ppls opinions on the best LoE class cards?

thats my last set of cards i can unlock before Old Gods
Best Class cards are (IMO):

Tunnel Trogg
Ethereal Conjurer
Keeper of Uldaman
Entomb
Dark Peddler
Mounted Raptor
Anyfin Can Happen (until the change to Standard, this card is kinda nuts)
Fierce Monkey
Tomb Pillager

Overall a really strong Adventure, just about every class got something good. I think a reasonable case can be made to play Obsidian Destroyer in Standard with no Dr Balanced and potential BGH nerf.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Overall a really strong Adventure, just about every class got something good. I think a reasonable case can be made to play Obsidian Destroyer in Standard with no Dr Balanced and potential BGH nerf.

Depending on what happens with the rest of the set I think Obsidian Destroyer is going to be really good in standard. Maybe not 2x autoinclude good, but very worthy of consideration. Getting that 1/1 taunt is super valuable against burst (which will still exist in standard, Power Overwhelming and Arcane Golem/Leeroy still exist). It makes a great barrier to aggro for warriors. Better than anything from WOG that we've seen so far anyhow.

gutshot

Best Class cards are (IMO):

Tunnel Trogg
Ethereal Conjurer
Keeper of Uldaman
Entomb
Dark Peddler
Mounted Raptor
Anyfin Can Happen (until the change to Standard, this card is kinda nuts)
Fierce Monkey
Tomb Pillager

It was really good in the Challengestone brawl, so I do expect it to see some play if BGH gets nerfed.

Magnus

Do you really want to live in a world where Dr. Boom is still playable? I'm not sure if I do.

Personally I'll never be touching wild. Not having to deal with Mad Scientist, Piloted Shredder, Dr. Boom and the countless other annoying bullshit cards is going to be like a massive weight lifted off my shoulders.

I think there will always be people who play Wild, just like there are people who play non-Standard in MTG (not sure if that's what they still call the format these days.) Wild will always be a place where you can play with whatever cards you have, so it will be attractive to players coming back after a long period of time.

I think Standard will be the new "main" part of the game though. It's "future-proof", meaning that newer players will not need to spend as much to "compete". The fact that sets rotate out will mean a (theoretically) dynamic meta. Standard = New. It's exciting.

Wild will be the new Wild West--where broken decks go to retire. I don't think any effort will be made to keep card balance in check. People will just keep playing broken Combo Druid / Paladin decks (or whatever rises up to replace them.)

Those are my thoughts on it though. Personally, I don't plan on playing Wild at all.

Yeah. What BWG says.

TBH, I'm not stressed out about "losing" all these great cards.
Yeah, Lightbomb will go away and I'll have to live without Deathlord (who I both love and hate), but that's kinda the point. Now I can start messing around with other cards like Shadowfiend (current project), Cutpurse, and other crazy crap.

The experimentation and discovery are the most enjoyable parts of Hearthstone for me, not the refinement. I get that people play for different reasons, but when another poster asked earlier in the thread what everyone will be playing, two people answered "Secret Paladin" and "Aggro Shaman" for "easy laddering" against people experimenting with new decks.

There's no way I'm touching that stuff. I'm with the other dood who said he'd do C'thun Druid. lol New Adventures and Expansions are among the funnest times you're (I'm) going to get in HS. I'm going on non-gaf media blackout AFTER the set releases because I don't want to get spoiled on net decks.

Never, ever ever ever doing wild.

The only "wild" type stuff I'll have to do is the times I do arena or the the brawls they make wild.

You've all enlightened me. Yes, I'm excited to see cards that didn't survive in the current meta get lifted up in the vacuum created by Naxx/GVG leaving. I too find that HS is at its best when people are experimenting and having fun.

That said, I also love the 'moments' Brode and co. advocate for, where crazy shit happens, and crazy shit will be happening in wild as the months and years move on and more and more sets get added in. I'm not too eager to dust any cards, because I still foresee some fun to be had in that mode, and I definitely want all cards to be available in Wild Brawls.

It's going to be a fun new game next week, friends.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hard to say what I'll do exactly but I'm certain I'll play some of both formats. I agree Standard will probably be where I spend most of my games, however Wild will still be best for playing some of my favorites like Astral Druid (although that only loses Dr. Boom for now, who wants to play without him? and obviously when Astral rotates out) or Randuin.

Getting Sorcerer's Apprentice as my first minion sure made short work of this brawl.

Anyone I can add to get my Spectate quest done? Thanks!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Another brawl where the default is for everyone to play mage, ho hum. Sorc Apprentice and Flamewaker out here ruining the fun. If the opponent gets either of them it might as well be GG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Also not a bad Brawl for Rogue since you'll be able to activate all your combo effects.

Dahbomb

I won 5 games with Warlock, only lost one to a Flamewaker Mage.

That's enough Brawl questing for the day.

I will say that experienced/better players have a huge edge in this Brawl.

1-2 in the brawl right now. Both losses my opponent got Dr. Boom.

This brawl is nowhere near as good as I thought it would be. I'll take portal brawl any day.

Dahbomb

any tips for the brawl?
You want early game minions at the start pronto. As 2nd player don't waste your coin because it can be used to coin out a minion earlier. Get on the board as far as possible. Don't be tempted to take that late game legendary over a solid 2 drop in the early stage of the game.

In the middle of the game, balance between spells and minions depending on what you are short in but try to use the Idol as mana fillers rather than spending your entire turn on using Raven Idols.

Late into the game if you feel like you are close to finishing the game then start using Idols for spell to fish for lethal. This is especially useful in classes like Mage and Warlock which have burst.

Otherwise, minions that are buffed from cheap/spells cards are very strong in this so pick them when given the chance. .

Flamewaker, Mana Wyrm, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Antonidas.
Rogue combo cards like Van Cleef, SI7, Eviscerate, Shdadowpan.
Auctioneer, Mana Addict, Questing Adventure.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SMH at those nerfs
SMH

OMFG NERFS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

yesjacknicholson.gif

Initial impressions are:

*A lot of the cards aren't as gutted as expected, especially stuff like Knife Juggler.

*Freeze Mage got completely untouched, god damn shocking.

*Aggro Shaman untouched.
At least the Druid got got a bit

Dahbomb

OMFG NERFS ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!

yesjacknicholson.gif

Initial impressions are:

*A lot of the cards aren't as gutted as expected, especially stuff like Knife Juggler. While others got gutted way too hard.

*Freeze Mage got completely untouched, god damn shocking.

*Aggro Shaman untouched.

Levi

Banned
Getting value from my golden Leper gnomes and Knife Jugglers!

I don't like the KJ nerf, should have changed it to be only played minions. I don't like the Lore nerf, but Druid is my favorite class and the two Ancients are my favorite cards. The rest seem fine.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Now i get why Blizz is givin' Rogue good minions...

Also, since you wanna play BGH on your opponent turn 7+ the nerf doesnt serves as much... maybe removes the option of BGH as tempo play?

Dahbomb

Not shocked that they nerfed Arcane Golem, that card is so annoyingly dumb.

Surprised that they nerfed Hunter's Mark but not really.

It's 12 cards total but I am really really surprised they didn't touch Alex. The rest are in line with what was expected. Most of the playstyle those cards enabled is still relevant except Combo Druid.

inky

any tips for the brawl?

It's really a lot of RNG, but just try to play to your opponent's weaknesses. Don't play too many big minions if your opponent can remove them cheaply, don't overextend with just midsize minions if your opponent can clear the board with one or 2 spells. If you are aiming for a high damage face finish just be mindful not to let the board get too out of hand.

Ancient of Lore - Good
Force of Nature - Decent. Not sure it'll see play though. Glad they lowered the cost.
Keeper of the Grove - Stats weren't all that important. Still a significant nerf but probably doesn't effect too much.
Ironbeak Owl - Meh. Aggro decks will probably still run it, or everyone just switches to Spellbreaker.
Big Game Hunter - Here to stay, forever.
Hunter's Mark - Why? Was this really a problem card?
Blade Flurry - Absolute massacre. The card was too strong but this is a destruction.
Knife Juggler - Nerf does jack shit to it. It'll see play in all the same decks.
Leper Gnome - Decent enough nerf. It had no business having 2 attack.
Arcane Golem - The less charge the better. Fine by me.
Molten Giant - Pretty good nerf I think. Warlock will probably still use it.
Master of Disguise - As expected. Fortunate to have a golden one I'll be disenchanting.

How Alexstrasza wasn't nerfed I have no idea. Hope you guys like Freeze Mage I guess.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The BGH nerf seems fine. At 5 mana you can't play much else and it's a horrendous card in any match up that doesn't have a 7+ attack minion.

We're talking about a card that already fell out of a lot of the most popular decks as it was.

Top Bottom