• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

HILIPQX7HAF11461136028437.gif

Nice.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Legit dont get the Knife Juggle nerf, changes nothing.

Dahbomb

Main thing I got from that nerf list was:

*Druid Combo nerfed but Aggressive/Midrange Druid lists still strong due to untouched Savage Roar.

*Aggro all around got a big hit. Arcane Golem was used in many aggressive decks same with Juggler and Owl. The Juggler nerf wasn't as big as I expected, it's only one stat change and will still see quite a bit of play. Leper Gnome also changed, though I though they would do 2/1 and deal 1 damage to face.

*Rogue AOE/burst damage got nerfed with Blade Flurry. Not all that surprising but I certainly didn't have that card in my top 15 list.

*Molten Giant nerf makes this card very hard to play in Handlock. At 5 HP is where you get it at 0 mana and that's really dicey. This might not make it playable anymore.

No changes to Rockbiter/Doomhammer and no change to Alex means Aggro Shaman and Freeze Mage will still be crazy good which means there's still plenty of ways to die with no board.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Not shocked that they nerfed Arcane Golem, that card is so annoyingly dumb.

Surprised that they nerfed Hunter's Mark but not really.

It's 12 cards total but I am really really surprised they didn't touch Alex. The rest are in line with what was expected. Most of the playstyle those cards enabled is still relevant except Combo Druid.

Knife Juggler is actually about what I was expecting after the IGN interview.

With far less tokens in play, making it unable to trade with 2/3s seems more than sufficient.

Dahbomb

I expected either 3 mana or change to text.

At 2/2 it's still insanely strong and auto include in many Hunter decks, Paladin decks too.

I would say 10 out of 12 card nerfs I saw coming with Blade Flurry and Hunter's Mark being the odd ones out.

JesseZao

Got golden millhouse from my brawl pack :(.

I just realized that the weekly brawl packs also serve as a buffer against getting current expansion legendaries due to the pity timer. Because I open a classic brawl pack each week, I'll most likely get pity legendaries I already have from classic. Not that this was the main reason packs stayed as rewards for brawls, but it's certainly a side effect they'd like.

Once I start spending gold again next week, it won't be quite as likely, but it'll still be a factor.

Has anybody tested whether or not the pity counter is used upon earning a pack vs when you actually open it? It would be difficult/expensive to test, but you could earn/buy 40 packs and then earn/buy another 40 of another type. Each type should have at least one legendary. If one type ended up with two and the other none, then it must be calculated when you actually open a pack.

Maybe I could just stop opening up the classic packs until I have everything I want from the current set.

Most glaring omission is Alexstrasza. Leaving Freeze Mage untouched is going to be such a massive mistake, especially with Loatheb and Healbot gone. Hope you guy like playing control Warrior.

Also Rockbiter/Doomhammer not being touched means aggro Shaman will be essentially untouched as well.

And yeah, not nerfing Divine Favor is beyond stupid. Fuck Paladin.

fuzzyset

I feel like some people want nerfs to mean "effectively take this card out of the game because it's so bad" rather than "now I can consider other options because it's not an auto-include".

inky

At least make Ancient of Lore a 6/5 or something. Geez. Too much, Blizzard, too fucking much.

581-divine-favor.png

BLIZZARD

BLIZZAAAAAAAAAAAARD

WHAT ABOUT THIS PIECE OF SHIT

Ah yes, that too. Drawing 2 cards with a minion is too much, vomiting out your hand and drawing 5+ for nothing is balanced tho.... fuck that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I expected either 3 mana or change to text.

At 2/2 it's still insanely strong and auto include in many Hunter decks, Paladin decks too.

I would say 10 out of 12 card nerfs I saw coming with Blade Flurry and Hunter's Mark being the odd ones out.

Is it a major problem in Hunters though? They weren't exactly rocking the world with Knife Juggler as it was already, and Paladins can't combo it with Muster for Battle anymore.

Dahbomb

OMG I just read the Blade Flurry text.

It only effects minions!!!

Absolutely DUMPED ON!!!

Is it a major problem in Hunters though?
I am saying it was an auto include card for Hunter and it will remain an auto include card. Whether or not that's OP is up for debate.

Paladin may not have Muster but they have Stand for Darkness now. You just can't let Juggler live against a Paladin now either.

Apathy

Most glaring omission is Alexstrasza. Leaving Freeze Mage untouched is going to be such a massive mistake, especially with Loatheb and Healbot gone. Hope you guy like playing control Warrior.

Also Rockbiter/Doomhammer not being touched means aggro Shaman will be essentially untouched as well.

And yeah, not nerfing Divine Favor is beyond stupid. Fuck Paladin.

Well that or freeze mage mirrors, see who can discount the most burn and get their alex first.

Absolutely DUMPED ON!!!

Yeah I just saw that too.

That card has been taken out back and shot. It'll never be put in another deck again.

I would be fine with the minion only change but there's no way they can justify the mana increase on top of that.

bjaelke

Savjz pointing out that the text change on Blade Flurry is to allow Blizzard to print new and better weapons for Rogue.

it’s also an obstacle to adding better cards for Rogues.
Fair argument, but rip.

Pooya

Alex isn't nerfed but blade flurry have to be removed from the game.

Good luck playing that control rogue without board clear. 4 mana have to be combo'd with something and destroys your weapon, unplayable

ancient of lore is unplayable, you won't play a 7 mana draw 1 card ever.

other nerfs seem fine but they have to fuck up rogue and doomhammer is in the game still, good luck with your slow standard meta.

pretty mediocre.

greepoman

Absolutely DUMPED ON!!!

Haven't thought about it much but is this pushing rogues into a scenario where they don't run deadly poison? It seems like with blade flurry being such a tempo hit it might be better to run other stuff entirely rather than poisons+flurry.

Apathy

I'm still baffled by Alexstrasza. Why the hell would you not nerf her. Now, unless you're a control warrior, there is no way to get out of the range of burn after shes dropped. You might as well concede, be a control warrior with over 20+ armor or be playing reno. It makes no sense.

Dahbomb

Should've just kept it at 2 mana and have it dealt damage to enemy minions only.

Two card board clears aren't that big deal in this game, quite a few classes have them.

Only Control Rogue might think to use this card now.

Haven't thought about it much but is this pushing rogues into a scenario where they don't run deadly poison? It seems like with blade flurry being such a tempo hit it might be better to run other stuff entirely rather than poisons+flurry.
Deadly Poison is still a good standalone card though.

Fishlake

I don't think the nerf to ancient of lore is as bad as some see it. A 5/5 body and draw a card is decent enough in the late game to keep you going.

Druid will be playing tons of large creatures now so you basically get another turn out of it.

I think it will still see play.

Dart

Good, good

Card was op, hard to work around (blade fury)

Probably won't see play anymore, that's too bad. One less thing to worry about when using thoughtsteal, shifting shade ;)

Pooya

I think face decks will still paly knife juggler and leper gnome, unless something better shows up. knife juggler is still ridiculous.

I think there was some confusion at Blizzard as half of them said to up the mana cost of blade flurry, half of them said to only have it target minions, so they compromised and did both.
I don't think the nerf to ancient of lore is as bad as some see it. A 5/5 body and draw a card is decent enough in the late game to keep you going.

Druid will be playing tons of large creatures now so you basically get another turn out of it.

I think it will still see play.
It's a +1/+1 Azure Drake that costs 2 more and doesn't give spell damage, and nobody cares about that heal in 90% of games.

inky

Feel the worst for Lore and Blade Flurry, those cards got absolutely destroyed

Molten Giant too, but 0 mana cards are always going to be a problem in the future, so that's fair.

I think Keeper of the Grove nerf is one bit too far too. It'd be interesting to see how it would've worked at 5 mana instead of a 2/2 body and keeping it at 4.

Pooya

rogue and flurry such menacing class /s

they have shown clearly they have no clue what to do with the class and here comes another warsong commander style nerf no one asked for.

yeah, better future cards for rogue, great job so far.

georly

I think there was some confusion at Blizzard as half of them said to up the mana cost of blade flurry, half of them said to only have it target minions, so they compromised and did both.

It's a +1/+1 Azure Drake that costs 2 more and doesn't give spell damage, and nobody cares about that heal in 90% of games.

Maybe that's what it's missing. Give it +1 spell damage.

Raxus

The BGH nerf seems fine. At 5 mana you can't play much else and it's a horrendous card in any match up that doesn't have a 7+ attack minion.

We're talking about a card that already fell out of a lot of the most popular decks as it was.
I dunno. It is still a huge swing card and it's existence is a large reason big minions not named boom are ignored.

V-Faction

'Choose One' mechanics definitely needed some tax. That versatility is a nice tool.

OWL and BGH: Whoops! Looks like they did the exact thing I didn't want them to do -- simply upping the mana cost. Silence as a whole is still going to ruin the lives of people.

Top Bottom