• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

fuzzyset

He was describing how the rng at an early turn is more impact that it would be later on and how this card could mean the reason for winning or losing just from the beginning. He woul dhav ebeen fine if it were a 3/3/3 or a 2/1/3, but in reality all they had to do was switch from summoned to played. Noxious agreed

He's obviously a better player than me, but his suggestion there doesn't change his gripe with the card which is that you get either a great trade on a 2/1 or just go to face. Why isn't Elven Archer played more if that 1dmg is so valuable early game?

He's obviously a better player than me, but his suggestion there doesn't change his gripe with the card which is that you get either a great trade on a 2/1 or just go to face. Why isn't Elven Archer played more if that 1dmg is so valuable early game?
To be fair, Elven Archer is a fantastic Arena card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A 2/2 gets uber punished by a ton of 2 drops if the text doesn't trigger. This thing is dead on curve, period. We know this from Pint-sized summoner. A 2 mana 2/2 that does not have a guaranteed upside cannot be played.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

The minion body being so good for the mana cost is why. 2/3 for 2 is expected, and a ping that kills a minion is huge(but it's 'random' which is why the body is strong). It contests the board just by existing but can have effects beyond that which snowball the game further.

Also see Keeper(even pre nerf) or even Stormpike Commando. Stormpike is a targeted 2 damage and a 4/2 for 5, immediate targetable effects have a hefty cost. This is also why class cards like Fire Ele are so good.

I do think making juggler a 2/2 has more of an impact than it seems, though.

Apathy

well to be fair he wouldn't be happy with a 2/1/3, but that that would have been better than the nerf it got, which was his point

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
because elven archer doesnt trade into 2 or 3 drops

If the trade potential is so important then what's wrong with lowering its attack as a nerf?

Personally I think the nerf is fine. It's not pounded into the soil but it's definitely weaker, especially in Standard.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
100% agreed with Reynad.. dont get the Knife Juggler nerf.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
appreciate all the advice in here, guys

focusing on classic packs got me some dope cards - including a gold lore

how much extra dust do you get for nerfed cards?

Owzers

I'm probably dusting all the nerfed cards except the molten giant and BGH since i only have one of each and they are still playable. I have three jugglers, probably dusting the extra but they are totally playable and are going to hit whatever you don't want them to.

no ice block/ alex nerf. thank god freeze mage is ok. gonna get some hate here i think löl

I love playing freeze but Alex isn't even remotely the problem. it's a combination of ice block and how easy it is to draw cards in hearthstone. I really don't get all confusion on here over Alex.

Levi

Banned
I have two extra mountain giants, 1 extra master of disguise, 6 extra knife jugglers (2 of which are golden), 2 extra Leper Gnomes (1 of which is golden) and an extra blade flurry. I'm going to be rolling in dust! Very happy I stopped disenchanting cards quite a while ago. Currently when I push the button it would have been 7k dust. With these nerfs, it's going to be a lot more. :)

I love playing freeze but Alex isn't even remotely the problem. it's a combination of ice block and how easy it is to draw cards in hearthstone. I really don't get all confusion on here over Alex.

I sorta agree with you. I think without alex they are reliant on more card draw and more burn spells. Right now they have that LOE card that adds a fireball level burn to your deck, so alex is less necessary. But in the future alex might be more necessary, or antonidas. And that is where nerfing alex makes a lot of sense.

Right now you need neither antonidas or alex, which is a problem... for now. So nerfing ice block seems like the best course.

Maybe they've yet to reveal what cards are gonna be added to counter freeze mage though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Pint-sized Summoner
Cutpurse
Micromachine
Scavening Hyena
Argent Protector
Defias Ringleader
Dire Wolf Alpha
Frostwolf Grunt
Crazed Alchemist
Kobold Geomancer

Playing a naked 2 mana 2/2 on Turn 2 without getting some additional benefit from a Deathrattle or Battlecry is garbage. Knife Juggler is dead on Turn 2, period. End of story.

You have a proposed nerf for Ice Block or "how easy it is to draw cards"? It's way easier to nerf Alex than those two.

Nerf blade flurry when no one plays rogue to begin with (I think I've played against one in the last 60 games of ranked)

Yet leave all of control warriors bs untouched. :/

Nerf blade flurry when no one plays rogue to begin with (I think I've played against one in the last 60 games of ranked)

Rogue has too many good cards right now.
As a result, we need to nerf some of those good cards.
That way, we can give Rogues better cards.
So Rogue can be better.

/Blizzard Logic

Owzers

Deaths bite, sludge, and deathlord leaving might be enough. No minibot to counter their war axe is iffy.

Reynad talking about how Blizzard never changing cards more than once made me depressed, if KJ stays dominating then we have to just deal with it. Because Blizzard just refuses to change huge problem cards when it's needed.

You have a proposed nerf for Ice Block or "how easy it is to draw cards"? It's way easier to nerf Alex than those two.

well nerfing card draw means mill decks will never work. also not drawing cards has become an important part of the control vs control meta while being able to draw gives you flexibility against midrange and aggro.

the easiest way to nerf freeze is to nerf ice block. the best way to nerf freeze is to print new cards that let you deal with it better.

Reynad talking about how Blizzard never changing cards more than once made me depressed, if KJ stays dominating then we have to just deal with it. Because Blizzard just refuses to change huge problem cards when it's needed.

They may have a different attitude going forward. We'll just have to wait and see if they have nerfs planned for next year.

Tacitus_

They did change UTH (give charge to beasts, spawn doggies, mana cost) and Warsong multiple times (2/2 ALL minions have charge -> +1 hp, give minions with <=2 attack charge, SOUL OF THE CARD)

well nerfing card draw means mill decks will never work. also not drawing cards has become an important part of the control vs control meta while being able to draw gives you flexibility against midrange and aggro.

the easiest way to nerf freeze is to nerf ice block. the best way to nerf freeze is to print new cards that let you deal with it better.
Yeah but how would you nerf Ice Block?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but how would you nerf Ice Block?

Make it a legendary. Done. No arena is harmed, the card still works as intended.

The issue with the card is you can't change the text without "LOL SOUL OF THE CARD" issues or making it awful. Letting Freeze mage stall for 2 consecutive turns while they burn you down with spells has been the real issue. However with Mad Scientist rotating out of standard, they won't be able to Alexstraza and get an ice block up unless they have preloaded Thaurissan ticks. So in a way the removal of mad scientist has hurt the class more than any nerf. Mage secrets are the most expensive and therefore need the best return to be worthwhile. I am still skeptical though. The deck seems completely viable still.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It's actually guaranteed that you will get one legendary per every 40 packs. So your RNG is literally the pits.

I once got 3 legendaries within 17 packs, and it skewed my viewpoint greatly at the time. then again, I think the likeliehood of getting legendaries in GVG seems pretty high.

speaking of GVG, I think I will buy one last pack to have before it finally goes away. Just to keep :)

What nerfs do you think control Warrior needs?

Nothing major, and I know they lose Death's Bite and shield maiden.

I would prefer a minor nerf to shield slam (raise from 1 mana to 2) and raise shield blocks cost from 3 mana to 4.

I don't have a problem with control warrior's spells themselves, it's just the fact that they're super cheap and combo together effectively. Many of their spells are multi utility providing direct damage, healing (which also leads to more damage) and card draw.

Also raise Brawl's cost from 5 mana to 7.

_DrMario_

Nothing major, and I know they lose Death's Bite and shield maiden.

I would prefer a minor nerf to shield slam (raise from 1 mana to 2) and raise shield blocks cost from 3 mana to 4.

I don't have a problem with control warrior's spells themselves, it's just the fact that they're super cheap and combo together effectively. Many of their spells are multi utility providing direct damage, healing (which also leads to more damage) and card draw.

Also raise Brawl's cost from 5 mana to 7.

I guess control warrior killed your dog.

Haven't really paid attention to the meta in the last 2-3 months. Just been Zzzzz my way to to 5 with Secret Pally and Combo Druid. Damn now I don't know what to do!!! What's the next easy mode deck to play so I don't have to learn anything new?

Paches

Haven't really paid attention to the meta in the last 2-3 months. Just been Zzzzz my way to to 5 with Secret Pally and Combo Druid. Damn now I don't know what to do!!! What's the next easy mode deck to play so I don't have to learn anything new?

Both of those would still do it

ViviOggi

Zoo or SMOrc Shaman most likely

Top Bottom