• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

gutshot

is eaglebow still considered a good card?

i'm considering picking 2 of those up, as well as 2 savannah highlands and a sylvanas windrunnwr

Yeah, those are all top tier cards.

But again, it might be worth waiting to see the rest of the expansion set tomorrow before making any crafting decisions.

Haha, my opponent just drew all three nerubians in a row during my brawl. Just about died laughing.

Edit - from the trap card I played to be specific

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yeah, those are all top tier cards.

But again, it might be worth waiting to see the rest of the expansion set tomorrow before making any crafting decisions.

oh i am waiting, but after the nerf bonus i'll have more than enough dust to put aside enough on a solid set of classic class rares and 1 classic neutral legendrary

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
gnFlaAc.gif
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
gnFlaAc.gif

Dahbomb and I will be starting the stream VERY soon. We were able to start earlier than expected!

https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

just like sylvanas, juggler always drew exaggerated responses at times from the opponent. So throwing down one on turn two could be used to mess w/ your opponent

ZealousD

Our NERF Review stream is being delayed due to technical difficulties. Something is not working right on my end. D=

Dahbomb

Aggro Shaman doesn't actually play a lot of minions especially ones that generate tokens/extra minions. Doesn't make much sense to use Juggler. Midrange Shaman on the other hand uses Juggler to good effect.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I am shocked they left the Alexstraza + mage spells combo and the doomhammer/rockbiter combo alone. Especially when both those decks aren't hit that hard by standard, compared to how many counter cards to those decks got removed.

Really weird that they hate blade flurry burst enough to nerf that, but they leave those two burst heavy decks completely intact and possibly stronger than ever.

Cipherr

Do I need to buy this upcoming expac now if I want the 50 packs it comes with or can I wait until it launches? I don't remember. If I would have to pay the same but lose out on 50 fucking free packs Ill go ahead and buy it now.

Dahbomb

Apathy

Do I need to buy this upcoming expac now if I want the 50 packs it comes with or can I wait until it launches? I don't remember. If I would have to pay the same but lose out on 50 fucking free packs Ill go ahead and buy it now.

Before launch date

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
thanks guys, will wait but amped for highmane

i think it's only 10 free packs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I feel saying Blade Fury got WarSonged is wrong. WarSong is a worthless card that is overcosted. Blade Fury is still good, it now requires a good weapon to complement it (Which doesn't exist right now...)

Blade Fury will likely still be good when paired with a powerful weapon or weapon buff. Nothing can salvage Warsong outside of changing the card again, she is just completely outclassed by Raid Leader, a basic card that is also bad. (Or something that is just ultra stupid. "Corrupted Malygos, 4/8 7 drop with charge: +10 to ALL Aura effects")

Blade Fury is closer to Buzard.

Edit: I just realized I got a Gold Blade Fury. That baby is getting dusted with the Gold Leper Gnome.

I wonder if I should just dust my Molten Giants.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I feel saying Blade Fury got WarSonged is wrong. WarSong is a worthless card that is overcosted. Blade Fury is still good, it now requires a good weapon to complement it (Which doesn't exist right now...)

Blade Fury will likely still be good when paired with a powerful weapon or weapon buff. Nothing can salvage Warsong outside of changing the card again, she is just completely outclassed by Raid Leader, a basic card that is also bad. (Or something that is just ultra stupid. "Corrupted Malygos, 4/8 7 drop with charge: +10 to ALL Aura effects")

It'll be hard to get Blade Fury value from new cards. What's the best case scenario?

Something like a 3 mana 5/1 weapon for a little better flamestrike in exchange for having to use 2 cards is certainly bad.

Give it a multiswing weapon and it's becomes possible to get almost full value from the weapon + a 4 mana super good board clear, but is so inflexible, especially since that weapon should be keeping the board clean anyway.

You could give it a super good deathrattle that takes forever to get to like charged hammer, but that just feels like bad design to do such an obviously forced combo.

Maybe a 5/1 weapon with card text like "can't attack" to combo with pirates as well as your blade flurry?

ZealousD

Sorry for the stream issues tonight guys. Seems the upload speeds from my ISP were utterly and completely SHOT tonight. Anytime I try doing speed tests online it times out on the upload.

Dahbomb

They basically made Blade Flurry like Shadowflame only way worse because there are far fewer weapons in the game than minions to play.

KuroNeeko

As much as the nerf to Blade Fury guts me, I'll take it if it means a stronger, more cohesive class identity AND the removal encourages creative card design moving ahead.

Like I can see why they nerfed Master of Disguise and that's fine. I can only assume that A)they're going to include a stronger weapon component, maybe a card that summons or steals a weapon, in the future so they're nerfing this proactively or B) this card has prevented them from printing cards in the past...it still hurts.

You can tell who the Rogue players here are because they're going ape-shit over this nerf that came out of nowhere. Makes me wonder why they waited until now. Rogue had ONE viable tournament deck (or two if you want to include Miracle / Malygos), and now they have NONE. I was considering crafting Thalnos, Edwin, and the new Rogue legendary, but now...I don't know.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They basically made Blade Flurry like Shadowflame only way worse because there are far fewer weapons in the game than minions to play.

The most likely scenario I could see is a weapon that already did damage with its death rattle.

I guess we will find tomorrow it if this is Blizard planning for the future, or if they already gave Rogue cards to compensate.

Apathy

watching strifecro priest vs freeze mage. The mage stayed alive for a few turns with 3 health, and strifecro was at 30, and then the burn happen starting with alex and ending with a dead alex and as much healing as strifecro could find only to take the burn to the face from 20.

Totally balanced and did not need a single nerf to fucking card

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
As much as the nerf to Blade Fury guts me, I'll take it if it means a stronger, more cohesive class identity AND the removal encourages creative card design moving ahead.

Like I can see why they nerfed Master of Disguise and that's fine. I can only assume that A)they're going to include a stronger weapon component, maybe a card that summons or steals a weapon, in the future so they're nerfing this proactively or B) this card has prevented them from printing cards in the past...it still hurts.

You can tell who the Rogue players here are because they're going ape-shit over this nerf that came out of nowhere. Makes me wonder why they waited until now. Rogue had ONE viable tournament deck (or two if you want to include Miracle / Malygos), and now they have NONE. I was considering crafting Thalnos, Edwin, and the new Rogue legendary, but now...I don't know.

The only reason not to freak out is it's such a huge nerf to the class as a whole that you have to expect they'll have something huge to replace it.

I just wonder why they wouldn't announce that huge thing before the nerf, if there is one.

It's like the soul of the entire class, and I can't imagine how the class can be viable at all with the currently announced cards. It'll be really sad if the best deck Rouge has is Raptor Rouge minus creeper and egg replaced by Xaril and Undercity Huckster.

KuroNeeko

It's like the soul of the entire class, and I can't imagine how the class can be viable at all with the currently announced cards. It'll be really sad if the best deck Rouge has is Raptor Rouge minus creeper and egg replaced by Xaril and Undercity Huckster.

This alone should ring a warning bell. When nerfing a single card has such a profound effect on the class, then that class probably has problems. I suppose you could still try tempo / aggro (minus the burst from Blade Fury), or some Raptor Rogue with Huckster, Xaril, and the new 5-cost epic...and maybe the owl "nerf" will support it, but man. Leaper Gnome nerf also affects the more aggro-based Raptor deck. No egg, as you said. No creeper. Just...Huckster, Loot Hoarder, and Harvest Golem? Otherwise you're waiting for what...Twilight Summoner, Sylvanas, Tomb Pillager, or Xaril? Hmmm

I'm trying to think of the equivalent in priest...nerfing Northshire Cleric? ASP? CSP?
Hmm, better stop now. I'm getting Mind Control flashbacks...

watching strifecro priest vs freeze mage. The mage stayed alive for a few turns with 3 health, and strifecro was at 30, and then the burn happen starting with alex and ending with a dead alex and as much healing as strifecro could find only to take the burn to the face from 20.

Totally balanced and did not need a single nerf to fucking card

Obviously should have been playing Spawn of Shadows and Mind Blast.
Obviously...

Hycran

Banned
He's also 100% right though. His breakdown of Knife Juggler on Value Town while over the top, was spot on

Couldnt agree more. Reynads problem is that he doesn't want to admit that Blizz knows exactly what they are doing as it pertains to the kind of game they would like to create rather than the game Reynad wants to play. Blizzard is quite happy to keep things with a high level of randomness because it makes for crazy tournament highlights and trollden videos, something that Magic is chronically incapable of doing due to it having no random element. For better or worse, thats the game we are playing, like it or lump it.

gutshot

https://m.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4foshj/reynads_not_to_happy_about_the_nerf_to_knife/

Whatever you think of their approach to the Knife Juggler nerf, Reynad's Twitter rant about it is honestly embarrassing. Downright childish reaction especially from someone claiming to be worried about the game's legitimacy as an esport.

Pretty sure he just does this shit for attention and views. He's a smart dude that knows a lot about card games, and I see his point about KJ and even agree with him to an extent. But the over-the-top rants are definitely put on for attention.

KuroNeeko

Wish I didn't have to work in the morning, really can't wait for the card dump.

Here's hoping the Shaman totem this set doesn't suck.

Yeah, midrange - control shaman is probably what I'm looking forward to most at this point, unless they make some sort of balance druid viable.

Too bad face shaman is gonna be the new king...

Dahbomb

Normally I would say that Reynad does the salt thing for attention but he has been harping on Knife Juggler before he was even known for going on salt tirades. He genuinely feels that away about that card and has expressed so on numerous occasions.

He said he would've uninstalled the game if the card wasn't nerfed. Well it got nerfed but not as much as he would've liked so he can't uninstall the game either lol.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
He's also 100% right though. His breakdown of Knife Juggler on Value Town while over the top, was spot on

It's not about right or wrong it's about literally BabyRaging on the internet in front of thousands of fans and other players. Just looks bad really.

Apathy

Normally I would say that Reynad does the salt thing for attention but he has been harping on Knife Juggler before he was even known for going on salt tirades. He genuinely feels that away about that card and has expressed so on numerous occasions.

He said he would've uninstalled the game if the card wasn't nerfed. Well it got nerfed but not as much as he would've liked so he can't uninstall the game either lol.

Doesn;t help that his viewers like to troll him with donations and that speech bot he has as KJ

greepoman

I'm interested to see if they give rogue new weapons how are they going to make the rogue hero power not completely useless and not go down the poisoned blade route where it's unplayable.

It's really annoying floating mana and not hero powering because it overrides your weapon. My idea would be allow rogues to duel-wield weapons somehow with the hero power on one side and the other weapon on the other side. Then maybe you can chose to attack with one or which one with blade flurry.

Blizzard probably thinks that's too confusing though...it's almost like 2 pages of deck slots.

Tarazet

It doesn't matter if there are theoretically better 2 drops for control decks, like argent protector. What matters is what is good for aggro. And knife juggler acting like a board clear or additional face damage is the problem, not because it now deals 1 less damage per a turn or occasionally trades poorly with a 2/3 (that are hardly even played in the first place). I think it's still the best aggro (and sometimes even midrange) 2 drop in the game and losing 1 attack means very little. Therefore the nerf is just not enough to achieve the goal of diversification.

I disagree and I will explain why. Right now, the strongest rush decks are Hunter and Shaman. Paladin has a somewhat decent list as well, but it doesn't see anywhere near as much play. Shaman already doesn't play KJ, because the synergy is too weak. And as they are still one of the best synergistic options for Hunter, the changes slow the deck down dramatically. I wouldn't be surprised if this extended games by a turn in many cases, which is fatal to a deck whose win condition is speed.

The change to Leper Gnome is also a significant one for both lists, for the same reason, but also because 1/1 minions pose no threat to something the opponent can coin out. It makes a big difference if that Faerie Dragon now kills your Leper Gnome and survives another turn, or if that Armorsmith can eat two of them for breakfast and still have health left over. It means your choices for a good neutral 1-drop are a legendary 1/3, a couple 2/1's with conditional effects, or a 1/1 pipsqueak with a little bitty deathrattle.

Top Bottom