• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys list your top 5 Legendaries to craft in Old Gods (seeing as how a lot of us will have plenty of dust to work with).

It sucks even in Handlock. Usually you are playing it as a Volcanic Drake on turn 4. 4 HP kills it.

I can't even really list 5. The 4 that come to mind are:
Yogg
N'Zoth
Corrupted Hogger
Soggoth

I guess a 5th would be New Deathwing? I think I want to see how the meta shakes up before crafting any of the Class Legendaries.

f0lken

Guys list your top 5 Legendaries to craft in Old Gods (seeing as how a lot of us will have plenty of dust to work with).

My first priority is the Shaman one, not because is that amazing, but because Shaman is my favorite class and I am crafting a golden deck.

2.- Yog Saron (fun factor is strong in this one if not reliability)
3.- Shifter
4.- Deathwing
5.- N-Zoth

georly

So how does this guy work on card that have the minion transform?

13001281_1100598586649575_8232774707949083399_n.jpg

Choice of 2 minions - gives you a third hybrid minion? Does it give you two minions?
Druid of the claw - is it an 8/10 taunt charge, or a 4/6 taunt charge? Or one of each minion?

Dahbomb

Cho'Gall is the most overrated Legendary in the set.
Card isn't that good but you kinda have to play him in Handlock/Renolock now because you lack Tempo plays with the Molten Giant nerf.

Druid of the claw - is it an 8/10 taunt charge, or a 4/6 taunt charge? Or one of each minion?
I think they said it becomes a single 4/6 Taunt Charge minion. So it's like a 3rd transformation.

Aka "And this is to go even further BEYOND!"

tumblr_maxq1exPrD1r72ht7o9_r1_500.gif

ViviOggi

Anyone not listing Twin Emperor is fucking bonkers, if it wasn't for the C'Thun condition he'd straight up become the new Dr. 7

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
C'thun doesn't make sense when other classes can straight up stall better and make just as good use of C'Thun.

Maybe there is a little hope for Rogue in N'Zoth.

I think you have to work with the options available. Being a worse version of another class's deck is still preferable to just falling over and dying immediately.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
vods of the stream with card reveal please

Pooya

psych-o-tron for belcher replacement maybe? It's no where as good against flood decks but I guess it will have to do.

georly

Card isn't that good but you kinda have to play him in Handlock/Renolock now because you lack Tempo plays with the Molten Giant nerf.

I think they said it becomes a single 4/6 Taunt Charge minion.

Hybrid minion. 3/2 stealth with charge. 4/6 charge. 3 mana 5/5.

All new card for each? What happens when this goes to wild? Every new card they make w/ choose 2 minions will have to also have a 3rd bonus form?

10 OG legendaries I hope to see in packs:

Fandral Staghelm
Hallazeal
Cho'gall
N'Zoth
Twin Emperor Vek'lor
Yogg-Saron
Xaril
Shifter Zerus
Ragnaros Lightlord
Nat the Darkfisher (the mill dream will live)

Strictly competitively I think Soggoth has a small chance to see play, I'd put it 6th though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
psych-o-tron for belcher replacement maybe? It's no where as good against flood decks but I guess it will have to do.

I think it's better than Fen Creeper but I'm not convinced it is as good as Belcher.

ViviOggi

And even if you can't trigger him, he's overcosted as hell but can still help with aggro

Yeah and 9/10 times it's not gonna come to that as 10 C'Thun attack all but happens by itself when you're playing that type of deck. It might as well read "If C'Thun is in your hand/deck/graveyard..."

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like they really want to push the aggro/divine shield paladin. So I hope everyone is ready to see a lot more DIVINE FAVOR! Dunno if the class will be good, but its for sure a thing they want to continue.

You kinda need to have more than 2 minions on the board for this to be better than Senjin. Not sure if it's going to be all that great but maybe usable in a Reno deck as a Senjin alt.

I mean it's good vs specific archetypes but I feel like this card is going to be good whenever you actually need a taunt.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You kinda need to have more than 2 minions on the board for this to be better than Senjin. Not sure if it's going to be all that great but maybe usable in a Reno deck as a Senjin alt.

It's pretty common to have any enemy have 2 minions on board when you start your turn, and it's really good against zoo where there's always going to be at least one turn they have like 5 low attack minions on board.

Dahbomb

Seems like you can make a Beast Deathrattle deck with Hunter without much effort.

There's a 1 drop Deathrattle beast, 2 drop deathrattle beast, a 3 drop that buffs your deathrattle, a 4 drop deathrattle beast, 3 decent 5 drop beasts plus a class Beast synergy minion and then a 6 mana deathrattle beast.

ZealousD

Grotesque Dragonhawk might be one of the worst minions in the set.

But it'll come out of Ram Wrangler and you'll hate it then... ayy lmao

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think the way they set up C'Thun for new players is pretty good as well.

You get C'Thun for free (along with 13 packs), and then most of the cards are commons or rares.

A few cards like Twin Emperors that start making it rather hard to deal with are of epic or legendary rarity, so other new players aren't likely to run into them immediately and get crushed.

Tarazet

I think I'm most stunned about the new Shaman 2-drop, Eternal Sentinel, which is such a clean and powerful substitute for Crackle that it defies belief. At least it's an epic.

Grotesque Dragonhawk might be one of the worst minions in the set.

But it'll come out of Ram Wrangler and you'll hate it then... ayy lmao
In the set?
That's praise IMHO
Probably one of the worst in the game
Windfury Harpy is already a bad card
BUT THEN YOU UP THE MANA COST FOR ONLY 1 MORE STATS
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING BLIZZARD

Apathy

Twin emp
hallazeal
xaril
fandral
c'thun
yogg
cho'gal

No specific order, just the ones I think I will personally like and use.

I will say this, from the dump of cards today, none of the priests ones had death rattle and only one new neutral one had deathrattle (zealous initial, a 1/1 that gives 1/1 to other minions when they die). They got a total of 1 deathrattle minion. The rest is battlecry or in the case of hooded acolyte, when someone is healed effect

Volazj was touted as best when combined with deathrattle cards (or maybe end of turn), and people said "oh just wait till the rest of the cards). Volazj can now be tier where it should be, garbage tier. It's down there with the warrior one and boogeymonster

That being said, cthun priest looks viable.

So how does this guy work on card that have the minion transform?

Choice of 2 minions - gives you a third hybrid minion? Does it give you two minions?

I'm assuming the effect is in play as long as hes alive not that just playing changes it for the whole game

Dahbomb

I think I'm most stunned about the new Shaman 2-drop, which is such a clean and powerful substitute for Crackle that it defies belief.
It doesn't hit face though which is mainly what Crackle used for as it was pretty unreliable a lot of the times.

Grotesque Dragonhawk is easily bottom 5 card of the set. There aren't a lot of dumpster tier cards in the set but right now bottom 5 (for constructed) looks like:

Boogeymonster
Power Word: Tentacles
Grotesque Dragon Hawk
Amgam Rager
Evolved Kobold

Two of the Druid cards are pretty bad too to be honest.

The Doomcaller seems kind of insane if you can live long enough to play multiple C'Thuns.

Does anyone know if your C'Thun is dead, if still gets buffed? I would assume so since it says wherever it is.

ZealousD

In the set?
That's praise IMHO
Probably one of the worst in the game
Windfury Harpy is already a bad card
BUT THEN YOU UP THE MANA COST FOR ONLY 1 MORE STATS
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING BLIZZARD

Nah bruh, it's got two more stats cause windfury means attack counts twice. Kappa

Tarazet

It doesn't hit face though which is mainly what Crackle used for as it was pretty unreliable a lot of the times.

I was actually looking at Eternal Sentinel. Getting even another tool to nullify overload, plus it develops your board.. that is straight up bananas.

Milennia

Excited about the new board clear tied to an 8-6 Mage legendary

Outside of that- malkorok and the warrior ghoul, soggoth, maybe some others

Excited about the new board clear tied to an 8-6 Mage legendary

it's super slow, doesn't have taunt and kills your minions. chillmaw barely sees play. rhonin seems more attractive because of yogg. but no idea if that's actually going to be good, either. hella fun, though.

Alrus

The Doomcaller seems kind of insane if you can live long enough to play multiple C'Thuns.

Does anyone know if your C'Thun is dead, if still gets buffed? I would assume so since it says wherever it is.

I would like to know that too. Does is start back at zero or does it keep all its previous buffs?

Top Bottom