• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Triz

Im really upset about the sorry emote nerf. I bought Medihv just because his Sorry emote was the best in my opinion. Now its gone.

squidyj

Cut the Knife Jugglers for Worgen Infiltrator.

I think cutting jugglers would be a bit premature, curve is low and especially if I put a Stand against darkness in there I'll be able to get a lot out of them. Sure it might make it

We are talking about different metas here.

Poison Seed is awful in a meta where everyone is playing Deathrattle minions but in a meta where they are playing large minions with no Deathrattles it's actually pretty good. I would like it if Druid has retained that option but they aren't.

Furthermore Druid is losing the Combo Druid archetype so they either need to play an aggressive/tempo style or play slower with a Ramp/Control playstyle. Hard to play a control playstyle when you have piss poor board control options.

And that's the theme of this expansion... if you couldn't play a control playstyle before then you aren't playing a control playstyle going into the next expansion.

Why not use Argent Horseriders? And seems like you want at least one copy of Stand against Darkness too for synergy with Warden and Knife Juggler.

I would also use Pagle in there instead of Mukla. Already enough 3 drops, you could use a solid 2 drop to play.

I don't know about putting in a 2/4 and the cards it puts in my opponents hand are more useful than bananas, it's also something that doesn't activate until my opponent's turn so I can't pagle favor right away like I can with mukla.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Im really upset about the sorry emote nerf. I bought Medihv just because his Sorry emote was the best in my opinion. Now its gone.

"Wow" is the brand new BM emote, replacing Hello. That's a buff, not a nerf.

ZealousD

I think cutting jugglers would be a bit premature, curve is low and especially if I put a Stand against darkness in there I'll be able to get a lot out of them. Sure it might make it

Steward of Darkshire is already your slower comboey card here, you don't need two cards doing that for you. Otherwise that crap is gonna clog your hand. You are aggro Paladin, you want to throw as many cards on the table as you can as quickly as you can.

And if you play Turn 2 Jugglers you are going to get run over by Beckoner of Evil. You'll just lose your initiative.

Dahbomb

Here's my super dank Secret Paladin list for Old Gods.

3 drops are a lot a bunch of aggressive minions that do something on the board. 2 drops also either ping or have Stealth to challenge the minion. Secret Keeper for the potential Undertaker game steal. Turn 4 has the standard top Paladin cards, turn 5 I have a Stand with Darkness and Validated Doomsayer, all of which will go nicely into Mysterious Challenger next turn. Rag and Tirion as finishers.

f0lken

Do we know if the bananas New Mukla gives are only the classic +1/+1 or can he also give the ones found in brawls (+2/+2, do 1 damage, etc)?

M.Shinobi

Neo Member
I used to have a really troll Divine Shield Paladin deck that worked surprisingly well, all things considered. I'll probably give it another try with these new Divine Shield synergy cards, cry when it doesn't work, then switch to Control Paladin, which also won't work, then play Aggro Shaman out of rage.

squidyj

Steward of Darkshire is already your slower comboey card here, you don't need two cards doing that for you. Otherwise that crap is gonna clog your hand. You are aggro Paladin, you want to throw as many cards on the table as you can as quickly as you can.

And if you play Turn 2 Jugglers you are going to get run over by Beckoner of Evil. You'll just lose your initiative.

I mean I have to be playing the juggler INTO that to really get fucked, not the other way round. A 2/3 doesn't ruin me unless I let it.

Cut mukla, add leeroy, keep knife jugglers.

right, leeroy. definitely want that

daemissary

Man, Kibler's Reno Rogue is so fun to play. Pissed that I didn't find this deck until like days before it is about to rotate out.

Dahbomb

Why would you put Fen Creeper in your deck. D=
Buffs Cthun, fills out curve.

A lot of those cards are like that, just vanilla stat minions that buff Cthun. They are just buying time until the big drops start coming in.

MC thins out deck so that you have more chance to pull out the big guns.

Iryx

I don't know if I'm just reading this card wrong or what, but from what I understand it's +1 attack for every 2 cards in hand, which means you have to have 8 cards for it to match a vanilla Tallstrider. Which is just complete crap.
13055944_1100599016649532_7150911405775331341_o.jpg

Dahbomb

I don't know if I'm just reading this card wrong or what, but from what I understand it's +1 attack for every 2 cards in hand, which means you have to have 8 cards for it to match a vanilla Tallstrider. Which is just complete crap.
Nah it's a reverse Twilight Drake. Still not that great.

I think it is plus one for every card

ZealousD

You are reading it wrong. It's just the opposite of Twilight Drake.

It's worded the same way as Mountain Giant, it gets +1 attack for every card in your hand that isn't this one.

Alright, just got home so going through the card drop.

So many good cards. This set seems like best yet in terms of number of usable/powerful cards without being broken.

Shaman made out like a fucking bandit though. Evolve, Eternal Sentinel, Stormcrack. Man, I almost feel bad for how good the class is going to be. Kind of weird they didn't get a totem though. Also sad they didn't get a class dragon, but I guess I can't complain with the good cards they're getting. If "evolution" is going to be a new theme for the class then I'm pretty happy with that.

Alright so it's just Blizzard having inconsitant wording with Twilight Drake having "+1 health for each card" and this one having "+1 attack for each other card" for no real reason.

Yea that "other" has me confused too. It reads like every 2 cards.

E: Drake and Mountain Giant also read that way. The english language is weird.

ZealousD

I feel like Infested Wolf giving beasts as its deathrattle is going to make Ram Wrangler extremely playable, and that bugs me greatly.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I feel like Infested Wolf giving beasts as its deathrattle is going to make Ram Wrangler extremely playable, and that bugs me greatly.

I think that's the idea, as well as giving more targets for Houndmaster.

They really want this to be a new Hunter archetype.

You and I both.

This card is almost a Shredder tier minion in a Beast Hunter deck.
At least it isn't random like Shredder and it only has 3 attack, I really don't want to start playing Ram Wrangler though.

I'm really liking deathrattle Beast Hunter though, I just don't think N'Zoth fits into it all that well.

ZealousD

You and I both.

This card is almost a Shredder tier minion in a Beast Hunter deck.

I can picture out a full Beast midrange Hunter in my mind right now. Fiery Bat, Huge Toad, King's Elekk, Animal Companion, Forlorn Stalker, Infested Wolf, maybe Twilight Summoner?, Huhuran, Ram Wrangler, Highmane, Call of the Wild. That's your curve. Throw in UTH, Kill Command, and Houndmaster as off curve options. Seems pretty powerful.

Apathy

trying to build a cthun warrior deck but my god, so hard, so many class cards i feel like i need just to keep a warrior going that trying to fit in cthun cards is hard

Dahbomb

Beast Hunter deck for Standard.

I can picture out a full Beast midrange Hunter in my mind right now. Fiery Bat, Huge Toad, King's Elekk, Animal Companion, Forlorn Stalker, Infested Wolf, maybe Twilight Summoner?, Huhuran, Ram Wrangler, Highmane, Call of the Wild. That's your curve. Throw in UTH, Kill Command, and Houndmaster as off curve options. Seems pretty powerful.
Too many Deathrattle synergy minions in there, just concentrate all in for the Beast stuff. I posted my list, threw in Tomb Spiders in there for extra value and curve.

Maybe -1 Tomb Spider and +1 Ram Wrangler.

ZealousD

Too many Deathrattle synergy minions in there, just concentrate all in for the Beast stuff. I posted my list, threw in Tomb Spiders in there for extra value and curve.

Maybe -1 Tomb Spider and +1 Ram Wrangler.

I think Forlorn Stalker is better than people give it credit for. Also I don't think anybody wants to run traps with Mad Scientist gone.

V-Faction

So, my Shaman thoughts. I still need to process all the Neutral minions to get a real grasp, but for the Class/Cards themselves...

- No C'Thun synergy, nor Forbidden Synergy. So Shaman is the odd-man out and instead they opted to try something completely different -- 'Evolving minions'. Thrall really is the Pokemon master. (Pros) If C'Thun ends up being a bust, hurray! (Cons) If C'Thun is hella viable, oops!

- Flamewreathed Faceless: I'm a little saddened that, once again, the genius idea behind giving Shamans new cards is more stats, stats, stats with an Overload. Earth Elemental was this. FireguardDestroyer was this. Totem Golem was this. And here we are again. Now, granted, this is the STATTIEST minion that ever STATTED. We've seen similar minions like this before, however, with Cursed Shade, Fel Reaver, and Eerie Statue. It really doesn't bring anything new to the table, except for maybe aggro (of all things lol).

- Eternal Sentinel: Here-in lies the Solution to the Fantastic Four... I mean Dr. 4... I mean Flamewreathed Faceless. Blizzard is clearly demonstrating that Overload removal effects require at least 2-mana as a requirement. Meaning, Overload(1) is a tempo loss, Overload(2) is neutral, and Overload(3) or more is a gain. The fact that it's attached to a body now makes using Lava Shock slightly less awkward. On an empty board, in fact, it is quite powerful. And once more, built for aggro.

- Stormcrack: The unsung hero! Wow, talk about some efficient removal. Flame Cannon was such a strong card and now Shamans have it with a target. The Overload and ability to hit minions is no problem at all. This fills the gaps between Lightning Bolt (too weak) and Hex (overkill) nicely. If anything, this will be the card that ties together Control Shaman.

- Evolve: I see some going nuts over this card. If you ask me, it's a neat theme and correctly costed. Being tied to a spell means less value than Master of Evolution. You must must MUST have more than 2 minions to get the necessary value associated with (Random) + (Summoning Sickness). Otherwise... you'd just play a [w/e]-cost minion. I'm sure someone will take care of the math, but the loss in tempo has to equal the cost of the cards you put down plus+ 1, or something like that. Basically, hitting your full board of 0/2 Totems with Evolve might not do anything for you.

- Primal Fusion: And speaking of a board full of Totems, here's a card that will take advantage of such an occurrence. So, have you noticed that Shaman did not get something akin to 'Muster for Totems' or 'Force of Totems' or 'Forbidden Totems'? That's because Blizz probably wants the class to work to fill the board. Not only because of Thunderbluff Valiant and Bloodlust, but now this card too. The most this could ever be is +6/+6, but that will most certainly never happen. +4/+4 perhaps, but that would take forever and people aren't going to foolishly let your Totems stay up. So I'm going to say +1/+1 or +2/+2. The easiest targets will, of course, be your Totems, and thus the PERFECT target is actually Totem Golem, which procs itself. 3-mana 4/5 (or 5/6 if you put up a Hero Power prior). Actually, the thing that gets me most excited about this card... is the fact that it's another Shaman buff card! Yay! Finally something along side Ancestral Healing and Everyfin is Awesome. Blech. Now maybe we'll see some play from the 'Cast a Spell On' crew.

Quick Notes:

- As I said, no actual Spells/Cards that bring out multiple Totems. The 4/2 weapon is an Elemental. Tons of synergy cards that benefit FROM totems, but very little easy activators.

- Speaking of Totems, NO NEW TOTEM CARDS WUT. Kind of shocking that we've hit the design cap of what a Totem can do. Apparently, Blizz has run out of ideas. Even though that are a dozen I can think of off the top of my head that could exist.

- Many classes are going to be good with one of the old gods. Like Warrior or Priest with C'Thun; Rogue and Paladin with N'Zoth. I believe Shaman has the most compatibility with Y'Shaarj, because of the evolution theme and the ability to bypass Overload on larger, tanky minions.

top legendaries in the set for me are the druid, hunter, and warlock ones. Then from neutral cthun is good and you get that one already and so is nzoth. I can see the twin emperor one being good as well.

Personally I want deathwing to work in a dragon deck.

I want to make a malyrogue deck in standard, but man no healbot is killer for combo style decks. Gotta play more early game minions to make sure you aren't losing a crap load of health

http://www.hearthpwn.com/deckbuilde...54:1;27229:2;33174:1;33180:2;35195:1;35241:1;

Pooya

no new totems make tuskarr totemic better, one of the outcomes was the healing one from gvg, that's usually not what you want and that's out. Higher chances to get totem golem or mana tide than before now.

Alrus

- Flamewreathed Faceless: I'm a little saddened that, once again, the genius idea behind giving Shamans new cards is more stats, stats, stats with an Overload. Earth Elemental was this. FireguardDestroyer was this. Totem Golem was this. And here we are again. Now, granted, this is the STATTIEST minion that ever STATTED. We've seen similar minions like this before, however, with Cursed Shade, Fel Reaver, and Eerie Statue. It really doesn't bring anything new to the table, except for maybe aggro (of all things lol).

None of those cards are remotely close to the level of power that Flamewreathed Faceless has. They all have pretty huge drawback, or are much easier to deal with (talking about Ancient Shade). This is a much much better card than any of those.

V-Faction

no new totems make tuskarr totemic better, one of the outcomes was the healing one from gvg, that's usually not what you want and that's out. Higher chances to get totem golem or mana tide than before now.

I'm just surprised that they didn't even attempt to bring out a new one.

Vitality Totem sucked because it was Vitality Totem. But if you were to tell me Tuskarr could bring out another Totem on the level of Golem, Flametongue, or Mana Tide, I'd be all for it. There are a ton from the World of Warcraft design space they could implement.

None of those cards are remotely close to the level of power that Flamewreathed Faceless has. They all have pretty huge drawback, or are much easier to deal with (talking about Ancient Shade). This is a much much better card than any of those.

Well, my point was more about the whole originality behind the design of the card instead of the cheapness/usability. Flameguard Destroyer could also net you a 7/6 for only 1 Overload, which was pretty nice.

Honestly, turn 4 FF, turn 5 Eternal Sentinel+Frost Wolves. GG.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
this is gonna be the best expansion in hearthstone to date

Top Bottom