• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

That Rogue Cthun card is actually pretty good IF the meta slows down.

If you kill a big minion with that then Cthun could just outright kill the opponent.
Imagine if you Thistle Tea the Blade
Is it slower than frozen molasses? Of course
But you'll just be able to kill whatever your opponent puts out for 3 turns and make your Cthun literally the god

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Looking at what they gave Rogue, it seems Blizzard really wants them to run either a N'Zoth Deathrattle/Combo deck, or some kind of C'Thun stall deck.

Most of the Deathrattles enable Combos, and since they're all Deathrattles, presumably they want you to revive them.

The C'Thun stuff is very costly beyond the Neutrals, so I'm guessing they want you to Sap and maybe even Vanish to get to the end.

I'm not sure if either of those would be viable.

waiting for new cards to get into database :/
If you're talking about Hearthpwn, you have to enable showing unreleased cards.

13055761_1100599556649478_4008154527149330570_o.jpg

Ah there it is, the downside minion for Faceless Summoner. Figured Blizzard would print one.

10 OG legendaries I hope to see in packs:

Fandral Staghelm
Hallazeal
Cho'gall
N'Zoth
Twin Emperor Vek'lor
Yogg-Saron
Xaril
Shifter Zerus
Ragnaros Lightlord
Nat the Darkfisher (the mill dream will live)

Pooya

call of the wild is tirion for hunter, except you can play two. It's crazy.

A class like rogue for example, has no good way to deal with it. lol. rip. auto win against rogue if you play that. It's very costly to deal with it, it will take multiple cards and your entire turn.

Yeah, it dies to flamestrike, big deal, it's one for one and they have to spend their entire turn while you already hit them for 5 and buff your board.

squidyj

Looking at what they gave Rogue, it seems Blizzard really wants them to run either a N'Zoth Deathrattle/Combo deck, or some kind of C'Thun stall deck.

Most of the Deathrattles enable Combos, and since they're all Deathrattles, presumably they want you to revive them.

The C'Thun stuff is very costly beyond the Neutrals, so I'm guessing they want you to Sap and maybe even Vanish to get to the end.

If you're talking about Hearthpwn, you have to enable showing unreleased cards.

I was looking for "evolution" instead of "evolve" :p

ViviOggi

call of the wild is tirion for hunter, except you can play two. It's crazy.

A class like rogue for example, has no good way to deal with it. lol. rip. auto win against rogue if you play that.
?

Just double Shadowcaster Drake double coin the copies into Prep + Fan

Apathy

Priest without lightbomb looked really bad, like there is no way frodan could deal with board like that. single target removals aren't going to cut it. You have to spend multiple board clears, like excavated and holy nova, multi turns. At least you have a lot of heals now, lol. yeah it's a problem.

Warrior could be ok, we have to try.

Druid is looking pretty good even with nerfs, damn.

warlock, hunter and palain are looking ok.

shaman is nuts.

To be fair that deck didn't have removal at all. Yeah it's funny and sad a 5/5 emp lived that long vs a priest but might have been different if day he had a death in hand

Also
Um
What the hell is up with that 6 mana 2/3
Look at that 3 mana warlock card that deals 2 damage to all non-demon minions
if we lump this into that card
You're looking at a 3 cost 2/3 murloc
Which is still bad

Also
Um
What the hell is up with that 6 mana 2/3
Look at that 3 mana warlock card that deals 2 damage to all non-demon minions
if we lump this into that card
You're looking at a 3 cost 2/3 murloc
Which is still bad

It's 2/4 plus a 2 damage aoe.

2 damage aoe is basically 4 mana of a spell effect. So it's more like a 2 mana 2/4. Plus it is a murloc. So if you're ahead, and you got one of the murloc synergy cards (warleader?)... it's more like a 4/6.

georly

The funny part is that Shaman got the BEST weapon of the set too.

AYY LMAO!

Shaman got the best of a lot of things this set, haha.

Shaman is so good I kinda don't want to play it. I guess my 13 + 50 packs will determine which class I play this set.

Dahbomb

I guess Shaman isn't the go to Cthun class because they didn't get any Cthun cards.

Also not a SINGLE new Secret this expansion...

AAYY LMAO!!!!

2 damage aoe is basically 4 mana of a spell effect. So it's more like a 2 mana 2/4. Plus it is a murloc. So if you're ahead, and you got one of the murloc synergy cards (warleader?)... it's more like a 4/6.
Maybe I need to go to the eye doctor
Because apparently I can't read cards
On topic, the aoe is nice, yes, but it's such a dead card if it's up against anything other than zoo.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wow, weapon game this expac was weak. Oh well. Poor rogue.

Is rogue's only hope to bank off one of the old gods?

Yeah, as I was mentioning earlier, they seem to want them to run C'Thun or N'Zoth.

I guess they could also go for a very aggressive deck.

StayDead

I guess Shaman isn't the go to Cthun class because they didn't get any Cthun cards.

Also not a SINGLE new Secret this expansion...

AAYY LMAO!!!!

So glad there's no new secrets. I really dislike them compared to the other mechanics.

I can't think of a single one that I'd call fun to play around.

Yeah, as I was mentioning earlier, they seem to want them to run C'Thun or N'Zoth.

I guess they could also go for a very aggressive deck.

Couldn't you run a Yogg deck? Yeah it's RNG, but with the amount of spells you have you've got a good chance of making something happen.

Its effect is almost exactly Demonwrath which is a 3 mana card, so you're left with a 3 mana 2/3. If you're playing a Murloc deck then yeah this is pretty nice but other than that I'm not seeing it.

Dahbomb

Guys list your top 5 Legendaries to craft in Old Gods (seeing as how a lot of us will have plenty of dust to work with).

How you guys like the new twilight drake? Sounds very good to me?!
It sucks even in Handlock. Usually you are playing it as a Volcanic Drake on turn 4. 4 HP kills it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

C'thun doesn't make sense when other classes can straight up stall better and make just as good use of C'Thun.

Maybe there is a little hope for Rogue in N'Zoth.

Pooya

I don't think meta will slow down at all. Look at that zoo and that was a blizzard deck, people will make better decks, dealing with sea giant is a lot harder now, why that card wasn't changed but the control oriented risky giant got nerfed hard? lol. look at that shaman. board flood and tempo seems to be king still and there are less cards in standard to punish those plays.

I don't really like the molten nerf. Warlock had this one thing against face decks that scared them "me no go face this turn", it's gone now, "me go always face against warlock". It punished inexperienced players hard but there was a counter play to it. It took some skill and thinking. That was good.

gutshot

Guys list your top 5 Legendaries to craft in Old Gods (seeing as how a lot of us will have plenty of dust to work with).

It sucks even in Handlock. Usually you are playing it as a Volcanic Drake on turn 4. 4 HP kills it.

Yogg-Saron
N'Zoth
Fandral Staghelm
Princess Huhuran
Call of the Wild x2

Dahbomb

Favorite (though not ones that are good or I'll necessarily put into decks)
Cthun you get for free so need to craft it.

Me personally I am liking:

Chogall (out of necessity)
Hallazeal
Fandral
Ragnaros Lightlord
Twin Emperor (if Cthun is good)

ViviOggi

Tier 1
Yogg
Twin Emperor

Tier 2 (already iffy on these)
Cho'Gall
Fandral
Lightlord
N'Zoth

Tier 3 (super niche/unsafe)
Dragonlord
Mill Pagle
Huhuran
Neo-Honker (play on turn 9 against a C'Thun deck)
Shifter

Would be good if it wasn't in a dead class tier
Xaril

Iryx

N'Zoth
Xaril
Twin Emperor
Fandral
Huhuran

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Twin Emps
Fandral Straghelm (seems like he will be nuts)
N'Zoth (gonna be some nuts Wild decks with this)
Deathwing, Dragonlord
Maybe Cho'gall?
That's kinda it for ones I'd want to craft. I would be willing to get others in packs but since I still need a Jaraxxus that's above pretty much everything else in the set.

Top Bottom