• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

i think face hunter is still gonna be good especially w/ that 3/1 stealth. Hybrid hunter may take over though as the more aggressive hunter deck

Mixed2k

I can't be the only one that thinks that Evolve isn't just a top-tier card but straight up a god-level card (I'd say even stronger than things like MC).
I'm not going to explain why because the card speaks for itself, and shaman even has access to some fantastic battlecries to combo with it.
The 7/7 for 4 is amazing as well, and we get a new overload discharge card to make it even better.
I know what I'm playing as soon as the expansion releases.

And no, I don't think I'm over-evaluating Evolve, it might actually be a completely broken card.

Dragner

Twin emperor and Cthun are the best legends and is not even close...Unless you dont play Cthun then Hunter, Druid, Warlock and rogue are decent ones, Mage one is a worst Chillmaw, warrior one is too RNG dependant.

Priest one is good but it conflicts with basic design of the game (board space), would be amazing if he added the copies to your hand.

Most neutral non god legends are pretty bad but I think I like the new nat paggle for fatigue decks.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Evolve on its face looks so absolutely fucking bonkers strong that it makes me second guess myself. Surely in testing they found it isn't as strong as it looks? That shit looks like first legendary spell tier strong.

Everyone is raving over the 3/1 stealth'd guy, but perhaps that is just gonna lose to things like the new mage card that does 1 damage aoe, or the new warrior card that hits all minions for 1, both costed at 3
cheeky.gif

I can't be the only one that thinks that Evolve isn't just a top-tier card but straight up a god-level card (I'd say even stronger than things like MC).
I'm not going to explain why because the card speaks for itself, and shaman even has access to some fantastic battlecries to combo with it.
The 7/7 for 4 is amazing as well, and we get a new overload discharge card to make it even better.
I know what I'm playing as soon as the expansion releases.

And no, I don't think I'm over-evaluating Evolve, it might actually be a completely broken card.

It sounds like a ton of fun and could lead to some great situations but it needs you to have a big advantage in the first place to be really useful and there's always the chance you're cards get turned into some more expensive garbage.

greepoman

Rogue got some decent minions but I don't see the synergy . Seems like if you get behind on board by more than one minion you might just be screwed against decks with better tempo tools. Better hope you're set up for blade flurry when you need it cause if you need to spend 7 mana over two turns to set it up you're dead in the water.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think Disciple of C'Thun is best card of the set maybe. 3 mana 2/1 that deals 2 damage might be good enough to play by iteself regardless of C'Thun, and is autoinclude in every C'Thun deck. Simply an amazing card.

Did my dust math and I am going to sit around 8000 dust. I can easily dust more cards but I am sentimental about some cards and still wish to play some wild decks.

edit:
not even counting classic card nerfs although thats not a ton

Dont agree with Kripp saying to disenchant every nerfed card, even Ironbeak Owl which is a common he says will still see play...

Well you can always recraft them for no loss if you need to.

Rogue got some decent minions but I don't see the synergy . Seems like if you get behind on board by more than one minion you might just be screwed against decks with better tempo tools. Better hope you're set up for blade flurry when you need it cause if you need to spend 7 mana over two turns to set it up you're dead in the water.

The new rogue weapon seems pretty awesome to, I'm glad they nerfed blade flurry so they could create the new weapons that they wanted to. :p

The new rogue weapon seems pretty awesome to, I'm glad they nerfed blade flurry so they could create the new weapons that they wanted to. :p

Well they did add a neutral card that reduces weapon cost. So maybe they are concerned about that type of thing as well. IIRC it reduces weapon cost by 2, so maybe assassin's blade is a bit more playable.
Code:
[IMG]https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12998463_1100597886649645_3970452812980889337_n.jpg?oh=66ab98d1b000d1a3be1d8c1da97376ba&oe=57B9157D[/IMG]

Magnus

At launch, I should have 90 packs, including the 13 from the gifts/quests up front. I also have 8200 dust banked plus whatever dust comes from the 90 packs. Feels good man

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dont agree with Kripp saying to disenchant every nerfed card, even Ironbeak Owl which is a common he says will still see play...

The idea is you are pretty likely to just find more of the common cards, but they will be worth 40 dust instead of 5 for a few weeks.

Worst case, you dust it for 40, and have to recraft it for 40.

The reason he says this is because there's literally zero downsides to dusting nerfed cards while you could be losing out on dust if you decide to keep a card that turns out to be terrible.

Dust every nerfed card, and if they turn out to be good, craft them again for zero net loss.

this really only applies to people who don't have a ton of cards.

although I've got a couple of all gold decks that are getting hacked apart. no need for golden boom or loatheb anymore.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I've been playin' Rogue and Shaman since day one... DEAL WITH IT PALADIN PEOPLE!

Code:
[IMG]https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12417743_1086574794718621_4992311967922645809_n.jpg?oh=2f0005d5b38700830b0e0d6aeb8a7d81&oe=57B1F79D[/IMG]
plus
[IMG]http://media-hearth.cursecdn.com/avatars/148/568/203.png[/IMG]

After BGH nerf,
illidan is probably still not great

Evolve is the strongest card yet ... for making minions that are going to be frozen and ignored by freeze mage.

Arena can suck a fat fucking dick. I average fucking 1 win per run. I don't fucking get this shit.

This brawl is good training. Pick small minions and get on the board. If you lose like that? Double the 2 drops you draft.

Arena can suck a fat fucking dick. I average fucking 1 win per run. I don't fucking get this shit.

Draft better value. I was averaging 3-5 wins when I first started then I downloaded that program that meeps/AW(whatever his fucking name) was promoting and was averaging 6-7.

I uninstalled in a few months ago and now just go base off what I know and still average around 6-7.

fertygo

Deathrattle hunter seem pretty underrated
Shame frigging Cultmaster still their best draw mechanic

or tier 1 dream seem pretty real

Eric WK

Decided this was finally the month to go for legend after playing on and off since pre-Naxx. Naturally I deranked from 2 to 7 today. Feels bad.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So wuts the replacement for Antique Healbot?
Kinda worried about aggro decks right now.

forgrim

They should give out cthun for free...because if u don't have the honor of pulling or crafting him, half the cards are going to be uselessss

Apathy

Some classes don't get one. Cult apothecary is neutral and it gives you 2 health for every enemy minion on the board, but for it to give you 8 healing your opponent needs to have 4 things on board. If they have that much stuff already, you're going down.

Paladins got forbidden healing, priest got darkshire alchemist and twilight darkmender (cthun only), flash heal of course. warriors have that one that gives them 10 armor (cthun only), shamans got their legendary + cast a spell (preferably aoe).

There really is no one go to healing anymore, so you'll need to be running low mana taunts to try and hold off

Well you can rely on early game and removal tools to control the board a bit better now. There is also a lot less burst in the game due to the nerfs... so we'll see how this turns out. I mean, we never had healbot in classic and things didn't revolve around aggro either. That said, face hunter was pretty popular alongside miracle rogue.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Some classes don't get one. Cult apothecary is neutral and it gives you 2 health for every enemy minion on the board, but for it to give you 8 healing your opponent needs to have 4 things on board. If they have that much stuff already, you're going down.

Paladins got forbidden healing, priest got darkshire alchemist and twilight darkmender (cthun only), flash heal of course. warriors have that one that gives them 10 armor (cthun only), shamans got their legendary + cast a spell (preferably aoe).

There really is no one go to healing anymore, so you'll need to be running low mana taunts to try and hold off
Druid got the card that gives them 8 armor or 4 attack as well.

leper gnome and knife juggler represented a lot of early game pressure that is now gone. plus there are some decent mid game taunts to replace belcher.

aggro needs to exist in order to keep decks from being too greedy but i don't think they're going to just run over every cthun deck. we'll see though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Modern rogue decks are made up mostly of vanilla cards, and even after the, dare I say, evisceration of one of its core tools, still can't get anything worthwhile.

EDIT: Oh god this is giving me flashbacks to WoW forums. I swear I've read the exact same complaint from rogue players (and have said as much myself when I played rogue).

Top Bottom