• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Also don't forget about refreshment vendor. It's a very solid card and heal, even for midrange decks. It probably would have been played already but for healbot.

And then don't forget reno jackson.

Priest has nothing to worry about. That 5 drop, heal for 5 on any character is amazing.

Isn't that card strictly better than healing touch? AFAIK health and armor are the same thing for all intents and purposes so this gives you healing touch or +4 attack.

Healing touch can heal a minion, which can be extremely useful for healing your ancient of war, etc.

Apathy

Isn't that card strictly better than healing touch? AFAIK health and armor are the same thing for all intents and purposes so this gives you healing touch or +4 attack.

I mean you can make the argument that HT can heal minions so in some situations it is better, but if we were talking strickly on using the spells on the player, I would take the armor over the healing

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I can't think of a single case where I wouldn't rather have Armor in general over healing in general. Armor is just better overall.

Except in a priest OTK deck with Auchenai or that new spell. Every other case I would take armor.

Healing touch can heal a minion, which can be extremely useful for healing your ancient of war, etc.

I mean you can make the argument that HT can heal minions so in some situations it is better, but if we were talking strickly on using the spells on the player, I would take the armor over the healing

Oh right, thanks, I knew I was forgetting something. I'd still say this card seems way more useful but that's just me.

Honestly it's weird that we still don't have any spells or minions that pierce armor, probably because it'd fuck over Warriors way too hard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I can't think of a single case where I wouldn't rather have Armor in general over healing in general. Armor is just better overall.

Drakonid Crusher is the only case I can think of where a real heal is better than Armor.

I assume eventually a card will be printed that counters armor though.

So, we have seen all the cards.

There are some interesting things but I think it comes down to one question "does c'thun work?"

If so, Rogue is actually still in the game (shadowstep buffing and that 1/1 copy dude). Classes like Shaman will also get a chance to shine by nature of things being mixed up.

If not, freeze mage + control warrior + aggro and business as usual, constructed is dead.

Wild will be a giant bag of bullshit.

Arena will have mage be dominant again, but otherwise will be fine.

So will c'thun decks work? I'm optimistic because of Brann. Incidentally this is why it can't be given stealth!

Finally got a chance to go through all the cards.

I actually think all the classes made out at least moderately well. Warlock, Warrior and Paladin are probably the bottom three this set. Shaman, Mage and Hunter I'd put at the top.

I'm really impressed with WOG though. I think Blizzard has done a really great job in walking the line between making usable/worthwhile cards without them being completely overpowered. I can't wait to see how things shake out over the next couple months.

Apathy

So, we have seen all the cards.

There are some interesting things but I think it comes down to one question "does c'thun work?"

If so, Rogue is actually still in the game (shadowstep buffing and that 1/1 copy dude). Classes like Shaman will also get a chance to shine by nature of things being mixed up.

If not, freeze mage + control warrior + aggro and business as usual, constructed is dead.

Wild will be a giant bag of bullshit.

Arena will have mage be dominant again, but otherwise will be fine.

So will c'thun decks work? I'm optimistic because of Brann. Incidentally this is why it can't be given stealth!

I mean we can't say anything for certain till the meta settles, but from what they've shown, yes a cthun deck does seem to have the necessary parts to work. It does seem him being the one that's is being given to everyone, they really focused on making him usable by anyone, from new to old players

So that release stream was great, but does anyone else feel like C'thun's animation seems a bit weird? The projectiles look like bubbles...Which I guess isn't terrible, but it feels like a weak payoff for buffing this huge minion all game, finally playing it, and then:
pop pop pop pop pop pop

I wonder how many cthun buffing cards a cthun deck requires... basically finding the smallest amount. And maybe that class is rogue because blade can buff cthun a ton in a single card.

Tarazet

Except in a priest OTK deck with Auchenai or that new spell. Every other case I would take armor.

Priest hero power is pretty dope in a Grim Patron deck. Trade to make a new Patron and then heal it up.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So that release stream was great, but does anyone else feel like C'thun's animation seems a bit weird? The projectiles look like bubbles...Which I guess isn't terrible, but it feels like a weak payoff for buffing this huge minion all game, finally playing it, and then:
pop pop pop pop pop pop
I thought in the original reveal that his projectiles looked more powerful and cool. Did they change something or am I remembering wrong.

I thought in the original reveal that his projectiles looked more powerful and cool. Did they change something or am I remembering wrong.

I never saw the original reveal but going back it doesn't look like much is different. Still seems pretty low-impact to me, but that might be due to the speed at which the animation plays.

Apparently some people think Flamewreathed Faceless is broken? I'm having trouble seeing that. I think I'd rather play Fireguard Destroyer in most situations.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
so you can shadowstrike face? like why you wound want ever. uh. so many bad designs.

I mean, why restrict the player? Maybe there is a case where you really need to play a spell for some effect, and the only undamaged target is your own face.

Apparently some people think Flamewreathed Faceless is broken? I'm having trouble seeing that. I think I'd rather play Fireguard Destroyer in most situations.

I think I'd rather have Flamewreathed. 1 more overload, for a guaranteed statline. Plus, Shaman now has 2 tools to get rid of Overload.

How Fandral work?

On the stream Brode said it goes in order of card text. So like Keeper of the Grove would do 2 damage to something first and then silence something after.

Cards that transform (Druid of the Flame, Claw, etc) have a special third transformation when used with Fandral.

Tarazet

2 overload is pretty rough, but they also added Eternal Sentinel so that you have a better shot at a semi-normal turn 5 (though no Doomhammer).

21 minutes and counting in Brawl queue on mobile. I think it's busted.

fertygo

Btw this set cards have astounding artwork

this one of reason you play this game that can be so stupid, its so pretty and clean.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Holy shit. I just realized that Silverback Patriarch got shat on TWICE. Both Squirming Tenatacle AND Twilight Geomancer crap on it from great height.

Maximo

pop pop pop pop pop pop

A bit lackluster yeah.

If you play it on 4, it's ridiculously strong.

I'm not so sure. A pile of stats can look good/intimidating but it rarely works out that way since most classes have a fairly reliable way of dealing with a big minion by turn 4.

I think in a vast majority of situations a 7/6, 6/6 or even 5/6 with overload (1) is better than a 7/7 with overload (2).

Dahbomb

One of the best Trolden highlights is going to be Rogue killing a 20+ Cthun using the 9 mana card and then buffing their own Cthun to a a sure level and finishing the game with that play.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
One of the best Trolden highlights is going to be Rogue killing a 20+ Cthun using the 9 mana card and then buffing their own Cthun to a a sure level and finishing the game with that play.

That play is going to be so common in the first few weeks it might not even qualify as a Trolden highlight.

Dahbomb

To me it seems that Cthun decks are essentially Midrange decks with a finisher in Cthun. When Cthun comes into play it's generally to end the game with a final bit of burst. Most games will be decided around that 9-10 mana time.

Ridli

Man there was a lot of great stuff in the stream today. I'm still processing it all. There's no doubt that shaman is gonna be really strong, just from a value point of view. Gonna be a while to catch up on this thread.

But! I just wanted to point out this art.

XlMkcMc.png

Sure, okay, it's clearly alittle davey jones action right? That's pretty fun and all. But zoom in on that parrot.

Tentacle beak.... AND a little bandanna.

Astonishing.

Top Bottom