• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

A first pass at a Beast/Token Hunter.

4l737C3l.png

All the Beast tokens synergize with Infest, Ram Wrangler, Kill Command and Houndmaster. High value cards like Highmane and Call of the Wild hopefully allow me to out value my opponent. Infest and Tomb Spider (in addition to King's Elekk) ensure I don't run out of resources.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
It's the same as the deck I posted earlier only I have only one Infest and one Snake Trape while opting to go with more board control stuff like Eaglehorn and Quickshot. I also have the new one mana Hunter card over Abusive Sergeant.

gutshot

It's the same as the deck I posted earlier only I have only one Infest and one Snake Trape while opting to go with more board control stuff like Eaglehorn and Quickshot. I also have the new one mana Hunter card over Abusive Sergeant.

Oh shit. I didn't even see yours. Sorry! I do think this type of deck has potential.

You might be right that 1 Infest is better. It's a card that can easily become dead without a board. Although the tokens hopefully will make that less of an issue.

You think On the Hunt is better than Abusive? It does synergize with Hunter's Mark (although the nerf to Hunter's Mark really hurts here). But I sort of value the extra +1 attack Abusive gives, allowing your tokens to trade up, more than the 1/1 token that gets generated.

Fishlake

I'm not even going to draw up decks until I know what cards I have. I do think I will try egg druid in wild though.

I also think I'll try out some more dragon decks and shaman in general.

Also C'thun decks will be a must try as well.

Raxus

I feel like Yogg Saron exists only for Trolden.

When you break down spells he is much better than he seems, in particular the amount of summoning spells/discovers in the game now. It will be interesting to see how he pans out. Be funny to see the inevitable 5 fireballs to your own face.

Yogg-Saron is the trolden card. The thing has infinite possibilites for fuckery. I think someone brokedown the number of unique possibilities for having 5 or more spells and its like 10^20 so you will likely never see the same combo

Apathy

I'm not even going to draw up decks until I know what cards I have. I do think I will try egg druid in wild though.

I also think I'll try out some more dragon decks and shaman in general.

Also C'thun decks will be a must try as well.

How many packs are you going to get?

Building a deck online is for fun but also helps so you know where you might want to spend your dust

When you break down spells he is much better than he seems, in particular the amount of summoning spells/discovers in the game now. It will be interesting to see how he pans out. Be funny to see the inevitable 5 fireballs to your own face.

Yeah I feel like he's better than people give him credit for, but it's really hard to know how good it really is until it sees some play. Regardless, it's probably not going to see any serious play since it's just gamelosing sometimes.

Dahbomb

Old Gods Control Shaman.

Lots of flexibility in here. Elise is really a requirement because there isn't a lot of space for high end Legendaries in this deck, you need all those early game spells to survive into late game. Might need more healing and an additional taunt.

Master of Evolution probably doesn't belong in this deck but it's too good not to use and gives some presence on turn 4. Stormcrack becomes the Lightning Bolt/Rockbiter replacement and since there's no Rockbiter you don't really need Al-Akir in the deck.

Needs a lot of tweaking but I think it can almost get there. The 2 drop that nullifies overload is a really big deal in order to play all of these overload cards.

This deck is definitely a work in progress. This is just the general gist.

CgqSRHbUcAAv3-u.jpg

There are a lot of different tweaks I'll be trying out. Like including more early game, more late game, fan of knives... even blade flurry perhaps. Probably will end up cutting raptor + toad, add some sustain, curl up in a ball and cry, and see how 2x gadgetzan works, then 2x sprint, pirate rogue. Anyway, I'm optimistic. I think rogue is a bit more flexible than people give it credit for.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
I disagree and I will explain why. Right now, the strongest rush decks are Hunter and Shaman. Paladin has a somewhat decent list as well, but it doesn't see anywhere near as much play. Shaman already doesn't play KJ, because the synergy is too weak. And as they are still one of the best synergistic options for Hunter, the changes slow the deck down dramatically. I wouldn't be surprised if this extended games by a turn in many cases, which is fatal to a deck whose win condition is speed.

The change to Leper Gnome is also a significant one for both lists, for the same reason, but also because 1/1 minions pose no threat to something the opponent can coin out. It makes a big difference if that Faerie Dragon now kills your Leper Gnome and survives another turn, or if that Armorsmith can eat two of them for breakfast and still have health left over. It means your choices for a good neutral 1-drop are a legendary 1/3, a couple 2/1's with conditional effects, or a 1/1 pipsqueak with a little bitty deathrattle.

Oh no, it slows down aggro? Let me shed a tear. : p Gods forbid a game lasts past turn five...

Fishlake

How many packs are you going to get?

Building a deck online is for fun but also helps so you know where you might want to spend your dust

I'm at 42 free packs off gold. I still haven't spent a dime on this game but my collection is growing quite nicely.

I generally look at what I have and see what I can make work.

greepoman

Is this any good? Hard for me to see scenarios where it would be. Relying on the two card combo means you have to want to play a weapon and play this the same turn and 2/5 just seems bad (not enough health to survive if it is a threat, not high enough attack to contest much).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just realized something ... no new stage. :(

Dahbomb

Is this any good? Hard for me to see scenarios where it would be. Relying on the two card combo means you have to want to play a weapon and play this the same turn and 2/5 just seems bad (not enough health to survive if it is a threat, not high enough attack to contest much).
This card isn't that good but Warrior Pirate decks will be forced to play this because Pirate decks are thirsty for Pirates anyway.

I can't see it. the stats are terrible and necessitates you running a pirate deck. which probably won't be competitive. if it was a battlecry that read: "the next weapon you equip costs 2 less" then it would be marginal but might fit in somewhere.

Dahbomb

Are they that thirsty though? A 2/5 is just horrific, 3/5 would've been playable at least.
Turn 5 2/5 + Fiery War Axe + Dread Corsair is a pretty big tempo and that's what Pirates care about.

There really aren't enough Pirates in the collection to make a Pirate deck work. Especially in the 4 mana slot. You take what you can get.

Remember that Ships Cannon is leaving the set. That's a massive nerf to Pirates.

Because pirates really don't have much synergy between the minions themselves, I'd expect you just don't run pirates that are weak. I've always been a fan of arathi warsmith, for example.

^That is a good argument as to why pirates should be stronger themselves. Like that rogue pirate should easily be a 4/5 if you look at other class minions being given this set.

Dahbomb

Blizzard kinda over values the Pirate tag. Yeah that Rogue Pirate should've been a 4/5 ESPECIALLY since they also nerfed Blade Flurry. Oh well.

ViviOggi

More like you just don't run pirates, can't even play Ship's Cannon

Their approach of tossing out a random tribe card here and there until they form a playable meme deck five expansions later isn't gonna cut it anymore

I think warrior pirate deck has a chance. They got a way better pirate card than rogue did, even if it's conditioned on having a weapon and a pirate on board because it's a 3/4. Bloodsail cultist.

They also got the minion that gives them a 1/3 weapon. Seems good when you're facing an aggro deck as you need to get tempo really quickly vs them. I could see pirate warrior being a thing, sort of a face deck with pirates rather than a deck that goes for lots of pirate synergy though.

I think warrior pirate deck has a chance. They got a way better pirate card than rogue did, even if it's conditioned on having a weapon and a pirate on board because it's a 3/4. Bloodsail cultist.

They also got the minion that gives them a 1/3 weapon. Seems good when you're facing an aggro deck as you need to get tempo really quickly vs them. I could see pirate warrior being a thing, sort of a face deck with pirates rather than a deck that goes for lots of pirate synergy though.

pirate cards are mostly bad. the only really good one is leaving with GvG. pirates won't be a thing unless they decide to make it a thing.

Top Bottom